Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,025 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus (41712 Views)

One Dies As Danfo Bus & Okada Rider Collide At Tincan Apapa (Graphic Photos) / Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) / Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by donmalcolm21(m): 11:35am On Sep 11, 2014
What about the girls you chat up in the bus and the next minute they keep silent when conductor tell them "owo da" expecting u to pay. This story happened to my colleague in the office, he was transferred from Enugu to lagos and he do come to work from Egbeda. One day he asked me how much is Egbeda to Ikeja? I told him its 150, he now screamed that the conductor do collect 300 from him, he said when people are paying they do say "meji" so when he also want to pay he do tell the conductor "meji" that he tought MeJi was his bus stop.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by dejijohns(m): 11:37am On Sep 11, 2014
1one: The woman backing one baby and holding two kids that enters the bus and sits beside you and gives you this "bros you no sabi say you suppose help me carry one pikin" look. angry... and I'm like duuuuhhh.. You no sabi say na 2014 be this.. People no dey born pass 2 angry
Lmao nd rolling insyd my mum's pot of soup...
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by chinex276(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2014
Abraham2013:
Bros u check ur pocket well after d man in suit left?

i didn't check ooo... Bt if to say my money loss i 4 swear 4 am.
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by chinex276(m): 11:41am On Sep 11, 2014
Zolar4ever: mad man
me *pick koboko, and flogs d living day light out of him* dnt try it again u hear?
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Adedoks(m): 11:48am On Sep 11, 2014
rightym: De abokki DAT enters de bus wit a smelling perfume. But smiles at everyone as if he is a celebrity
if u c me laughing here u will think its something else... I Av experienced dis bf
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by uzolexis(f): 11:50am On Sep 11, 2014
The one who will always pay 4 N50 journey with N1000 note and start fighting with conductor cause of change

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Epathra(f): 11:56am On Sep 11, 2014
Its safer to av Ʊя̩̥̊ nose in a book than in other ppl's business
jossi994: girl take a chill pill,just because you didn't understand him doesn't mean you should hurl insults @ him. He was tryna be funny. Where'd you bury your sense of humour? undecided
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by XavierSmiley: 11:58am On Sep 11, 2014
The one who will "purposely" bring out N1000 note for a N50 fare.... always ready to engage in the long verbal battle with the conductor.
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Onegai(f): 11:59am On Sep 11, 2014
benELOHIM7: NL gals sabi lie eh grin......common gerrat *in phyno's voice*

Guy run and leave here before I beat you well smiley or are you that woman's brother ni??
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Adedoks(m): 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
donmalcolm21: What about the girls you chat up in the bus and the next minute they keep silent when conductor tell them "owo da" expecting u to pay. This story happened to my colleague in the office, he was transferred from Enugu to lagos and he do come to work from Egbeda. One day he asked me how much is Egbeda to Ikeja? I told him its 150, he now screamed that the conductor do collect 300 from him, he said when people are paying they do say "meji" so when he also want to pay he do tell the conductor "meji" that he tought MeJi was his bus stop.
ur friend must be an otondo of the highest order... Can't stop laughing

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by tobymichael(m): 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
donmalcolm21: What about the girls you chat up in the bus and the next minute they keep silent when conductor tell them "owo da" expecting u to pay. This story happened to my colleague in the office, he was transferred from Enugu to lagos and he do come to work from Egbeda. One day he asked me how much is Egbeda to Ikeja? I told him its 150, he now screamed that the conductor do collect 300 from him, he said when people are paying they do say "meji" so when he also want to pay he do tell the conductor "meji" that he tought MeJi was his bus stop.

Mogbe!
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by princebergz(m): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
Djicemob: Spot on bro,This is me too.I bought the darkest of the versace shades i could lay my hands on just for observation purpose and avoiding awkward situations.

kind of assholes you'd find on nairaland:
1. the empty barrel
example: ...bought the darkest of the VERSACE shades...
tales by moonlight!

4 Likes

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Djicemob: 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
princebergz:

kind of assholes you'd find on nairaland:
1. the empty barrel
example: ...bought the darkest of the VERSACE shades...
tales by moonlight!
U be goat o.Na my own dey pain u.U no see the rayban guy wey i quote na my own u carry for head.U don chop 2day? angry

3 Likes

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
eyes rolling!!Nairalanders wt their mendacious texts sha!(grin)...some tirades here are really insipid..just staying.... :-..coughs!!just like when d pretty girl beside u releases an unbearable malodorous fart and she starts showing a friendly countenance by smiling..Ampersand u're like "u dey mad ni"?...who dey follow u play?

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Lolaabokoku(f): 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
MsNas: 11. The dirty mechanic that will wear his oily, grease-stained and filthy workshop clothes. Enters the bus and sits beside you like that. God help you if you're putting on white clothing, you will nearly enter the body of the next person beside you in a bid to avoid contact with them. The most annoying part is that they will feign ignorance and sit as comfortable as ever. angry

12. The one that will buy boiled eggs, gala, Lacasera, pure water and so on eat all through the journey. They will chew like locomotive engines when they eat their bounty and if you're lucky they might even throw grenades (Farts) grin

13. The fat woman that is supposed to pay for two seats but will pay for one and you will be squeezed like tuna in a can.

14. The newspaper borrower

Oh, I could go on and on!! Lagos is in a class of its own mehn. I don miss cheesy cheesy
Exactly what I wanted to say grin
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by XavierSmiley: 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Timijo: This op don gada experience, so tey he fit classified them. E b lyk say he don dey enter danfo sin 1900, abi na inside danfo den born am?

Born in a danfo bus? Then he must be named.. Abisidanfo...lol

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by niggereyez(f): 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
how about the "chykers".... that wld seize the opportunity to start a conversation with u only to ask for your phone num wen u want to alight ..

2 Likes

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
Epathra: Its safer to av Ʊя̩̥̊ nose in a book than in other ppl's business
Duh. undecided
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by PassingShot(m): 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
houseoffufu: 1. Woman who let her young child relieve himself on the floor. We were travelling up and down hills, up, down, and sideways All trying to lift shoes and bags as this small flood moved from side to side.
2. Pick up woman with big enamel bowl from the side of the road. The bowl was full of grilled forest snails, big ones. I look and say no no. My friend, he purchased one stick. I doze and fall asleep for a while. I wake up some maybe 30 minutes and this guy is STILL chewing on maybe that first snail. I ask, is that good? He answers, yes, but it's a little tough LWKMD!!

So you're #8 - sleep-attack grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by kunlesehan(m): 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
LMAyedun: Great quote by Wasiu: "Change can't be given to u every time, you must bring the change" Wasiu is a bus Conductor at Oshodi. Now read it again.
this is a wise pun
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
dat time wey ebola news just burst...I go enter motor from ikeja along pay for two seats. make person body no touch me....everybody in d bus be looking at me wit faces like...wetin dis one dey form....

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
Djicemob: Spot on bro,This is me too.I bought the darkest of the versace shades i could lay my hands on just for observation purpose and avoiding awkward situations.

some buy darker shades to cover SK tinted red eyes. .

2 Likes

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Djicemob: 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
patmaine:

some buy darker shades to cover SK tinted red eyes. .
LoL. right!
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Donkaz(m): 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
LMAyedun: Great quote by Wasiu: "Change can't be given to u every time, you must bring the change" Wasiu is a bus Conductor at Oshodi. Now read it again.
hahaha

I was like: wow, an interesting wise saying until a saw wasiu is a bus conductor at Oshodi.
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Kajiang02(m): 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
Epathra: Its safer to av Ʊя̩̥̊ nose in a book than in other ppl's business
Epathra: Normally, I don't give cognisance to comments like this buh we have too many of your breeds running loose hence, the need to curb ΐτ̅. Mind you, ΐτ̅'s usually safer to consult Ʊя̩̥̊ brain before Ʊя̩̥̊ mouth and fingers but I'm not surprised coz I've been warned not underestimated hediots esp on a faceless forum and on the keypad.
You shld have just given Ʊя̩̥̊ desription.

Chill ma'am,
Sexyseun's comment was more poised towards a laugh. Sure the route you gave is one I'll go with and faster for me but seem cumbersome and longer with the no. of stops and re-enter.

The other person also tried explaining reason's why your harsh response wasn't necessary and got whipped too.
Hope I don't get one too?

I'll advice the oshodi - ejigbo route for the rookie, maybe with time he'll understand other routes.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by DiscodeeFUTA(m): 1:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
dat IGBO woman who board a Danfo bus with 4 of her kids nd still she pays for just one seat...
#pathetic
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Yustash001(m): 1:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
MsNas: 11. The dirty mechanic that will wear his oily, grease-stained and filthy workshop clothes. Enters the bus and sits beside you like that. God help you if you're putting on white clothing, you will nearly enter the body of the next person beside you in a bid to avoid contact with them. The most annoying part is that they will feign ignorance and sit as comfortable as ever. angry

12. The one that will buy boiled eggs, gala, Lacasera, pure water and so on eat all through the journey. They will chew like locomotive engines when they eat their bounty and if you're lucky they might even throw grenades (Farts) grin

13. The fat woman that is supposed to pay for two seats but will pay for one and you will be squeezed like tuna in a can.

14. The newspaper borrower

Oh, I could go on and on!! Lagos is in a class of its own mehn. I don miss cheesy cheesy
u just won kill perso with laughter
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by MsNas(f): 1:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ademolapaul: lol,on point...u don enter tired
I loved Lagos buses then cheesy. One of the things I miss about Naija

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
tchidi: The first time I went to Lagos was last year... From the moment I boarded the bus, the conductor kept shouting at fellow conductors and agberos 'Iya eh'.. 'Iya eh'.
I had to ask if it was a destination too?!! And why he only shouted it to fellow conductors. My friend I was with laughed me to scorn!! embarassed embarassed

hope you are still learning english?
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by lepasharon(f): 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
ajebuter: Not forgetting adult Lappers and God help you if you sit in front of them. Also women with four kids who will cramp themselves and pay for one seat or ask you ' mummy, please let my pikin stand in front of you' in order to avoid paying. Lastly when one of the adult Lappers get down at his bus stop, the other one remains on seat while the driver would think there should be a vacant seat and tells the conductor, 'pero soko' and the conductor replies' won lap ni jare' and the driver will yell ' a won olobe'. Gosh! We Lagosians are not boring at all and I will never trade Lagos for even US or Uk. Naija for life!

Translate the last bits pls grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Motor Accident At Yaba Road, Ondo Town (Viewers' Discretion Advised) / Update On Waterline Flyover Port Harcourt- Pictures & Video / My Honeymoon Trip To South Africa ( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.