Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? (22323 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? / Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Angie96: 11:51am On Sep 12, 2014
Yes! I would marry a man like my father
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
Lovexme:

Madam, please keep your lecture on being a better parent to my kids in future to yourself! Yes, heartbroken if they acknowledge they've been wrong and would want to be better parents.

I never said you or anyone else who 'badmouthed' his or her parent(s) were wrong. Y'all have the right to feel aggrieved which most are doing.

I only felt I wouldn't be a proud parent if the comments I've been reading were what my kids thought of me. Heck, no child should grow up without the parents' love.

I know better..I do not need to be lectured on parenting.

You misunderstood me. Not saying you are a bad father. Just saying you should learn from us so you can be better. The truth is that many parents take a lot of things for granted oblivious to the grave damage they are inflicting on their kids. I'm trying to say that you should pay more attention to those things.

Cool down.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Lovexme(m): 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sweetlemon:

You misunderstood me. Not saying you are a bad father. Just saying you should learn from us so you can be better. The truth is that many parents take a lot of things for granted oblivious to the grave damage they are inflicting on their kids. I'm trying to say that you should pay more attention to those things.

Cool down.

I understood you. I do see a lot of bad parenting going on around me, and I wouldn't want to be that father who his kids wouldn't be proud of. I'm still learning though.

Erm, have you got a chilled bottle of Fayrouz? I could cool down with that. tongue
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by josite: 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sophyrocks:
pffft. Strange beings on this planet earth! #ignore mode activated#
folks like u unncessarily and unwarrantedly increases the tribe of strangers on earth.sure it doesnt occur to you by all these unwise reactions you are demystifying your own self and undoing the much positive thoughts about you as an exceptional lady as you are really showing you may be smart in the mouth but not all round .again i forgive u.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by PreciousGem(f): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
I don't need to read the thread to quickly reply NO and don't ask me why
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Originalsly: 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
Never heard about marrying someone like your father or mother....can't even wrap my head around that....having traits yes...marrying....no. But...often heard ...and found to be generally true....guys marry girls who are like their sister and vice versa.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
Lovexme:

I understood you. I do see a lot of bad parenting going on around me, and I wouldn't want to be that father who his kids wouldn't be proud of. I'm still learning though.

Erm, have you got a chilled bottle of Fayrouz? I could cool down with that. tongue

Lol! Go and buy ya own.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by tpia1: 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
Originalsly: Never heard about marrying someone like your father or mother....can't even wrap my head around that....having traits yes...marrying....no.

seriously, too creepy, except in certain circumstances.

the way its being discussed on nl, is extremely creepy.

But...often heard ...and found to be generally true....guys marry girls who are like their sister and vice versa.

really?
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Lovexme(m): 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Lol! Go and buy ya own.

grin I'll get you a bottle too.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
tpia1:

quite creepy, imo.

What's creepy? marrying someone like my father?
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
YourHealthlabs: Many Nigerian men are highly proctective of their daughters which is natural. It makes their daughters feel very much 'in bondage'.
I believe that's why many ladies here do not really fancy marrying someone with their dad's character
. They wanna be 'free'.

The bolded is wrong!! Very wrong assumption. Go through some comments of the females here very well. Some gave reasons why they would never want men like their fathers.

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
Lagbaja01: seriously, some papa go commit suicide if dem see wetin their lovely daughter wrote about...from d comment so far, it seems 70% of married men are not worth emulating.

Exactly so im afraid.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
DrGroove: God forbid evil.... My dad is a wicked man..Wife beater! Can NEVER wish such evil person as my husband. My mother is too soft,nice to a fault, religious and godly, simple and caring.I don't wish my brothers marry such woman else they will kill her with beatings as they have learnt that wife beating is the standard for making a woman respect a man and proving manhood!

Wow!! Hmm.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by deboraha(f): 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
I will actually. My man has traits similar to that of my dad.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by jerrado(m): 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
Will always marry anyone like my Mum any day...[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by fightforchange1(f): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
mrceo63:
I wnted to test hw been ban is cheesy bt not now.....my frist topic that might reach fp...
cc Obinoscopy, dragnet, Fulaman198, Mukina, skydancer, Maleeq, puskin, honsule, Freiburger, r231, Ngwakwe, Mynd44, OAM4J,Fynestboi,Richiez,olawalebabs help nd unban me! buko!!

he just banned me for nothing!!
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by olulove(m): 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
98% OF MEN IF NOT ALL WOULD LOVE TO MARRY SOMEONE LIKE THEIR MUM...FACT cool
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
fightforchange1:

he just banned me for nothing!!
i was unban dis morning then decied to update my post.. jt post one then i got ban again by same AntispamBot.. d stuff is obsess with banning thing...
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by metalliccards(f): 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
i know of someone whom fell in love wt a man all in d name of been her dads copy,he turned her to a punching bag, now they are seperated. its better 2 marry a man/woman u can grow old wt, a man who values home.

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Crixina(f): 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
standd:

Kindly unquote me
I didn't type that sh*t up there, why on earth did you edit my comment? angry
sorry about that,that was a mistake.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
olulove: 98% OF MEN IF NOT ALL WOULD LOVE TO MARRY SOMEONE LIKE THEIR MUM...FACT cool

I don't know if you are right or wrong but it would be nice if so many ladies could say the same about their fathers.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
Crixina: sorry about that,that was a mistake.

Alright. Kindly edit.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 13, 2014
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by fightforchange1(f): 1:56am On Sep 13, 2014
mrceo63:
i was unban dis morning then decied to update my post.. jt post one then i got ban again by same AntispamBot.. d stuff is obsess with banning thing...

Yea!!
crazy!
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by tpia1: 3:34am On Sep 13, 2014
Sophyrocks:

What's creepy?

the spin nlers put on things.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by STOKLOSA: 7:33am On Sep 13, 2014
ah wil lyk to marry someone lyk my mum. her culinary skills and neatness are superb.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Crowncares: 7:58am On Sep 13, 2014
I pray to av sme1 lik my dad as husband nd sme1 lik my mum as mother in law cos dey r d best I could ever hav..
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by vicdall(f): 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
not exactly like him. On a second thought, no
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by missojugo(f): 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
sholasholala: I will like to marry a man who will treat me the way my Dad treats my Mum.

May God bless your dad and grant him many many years to reap the fruit of his labour...Give him this from me kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
Aint u proud of ur dad
vicdall: not exactly like him. On a second thought, no
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by dozzzybaba: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
YourHealthlabs: Many Nigerian men are highly proctective of their daughters which is natural. It makes their daughters feel very much 'in bondage'.
I believe that's why many ladies here do not really fancy marrying someone with their dad's character. They wanna be 'free'.
Chidozie, how far na?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is The Funniest Moment Of Your Childhood? See Mine! / Mother In Law Wants My 2.5 Year Old To Sleepover / Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys?