Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? (22319 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? / Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
freshness2020: My mummy is just one rare super mum...
I will ask for her kind again and again!

Same here. cheesy

My mum is really what I call strong and very supportive.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by neuljosh(m): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
say what
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by adioolayi(m): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
Yes....of course my mum's good attributes outweighs her flaws. Caring, diligent, dedicated, disciplined, courageous, beautiful.... Though I will want my wife to be more spiritual.. A Good Christian.

NB: I am happily married...my wife has all that and she's A Good Christian smiley
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by mufutau55(m): 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
Depends on how good/bad your Mother/Father are... Good=Yes. Bad=NO. Simple.
Just because they are your parents doesn't mean they are good/bad.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
jugomma: though i love my dad i wouldnt want to marry someone like him,he is a troublemaker
grin

Bwahahahahaha
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
sholasholala: I will like to marry a man who will treat me the way my Dad treats my Mum.

smiley smiley
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
yes, for someone weak like me, I will need a woman that has her type of strength. My mum is awesome.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Coldfeet(f): 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Yes o! My dad once told a friend of his that if he can't allow his girls marry a man like him then he has failed. That his wish is for us to find men that can treat us the way he treated our mother then he will be satisfied. His friend just looked at him and shook his head vehemently grin saying any man that treats his daughters the way he treats their mother will rot in hell shocked my dad asked him why? And with a solemn look in his eyes he replied "I've not been very nice to my wife and it will hurt me so to think that another man may do same to my babies". My dad is AWESOME but my husband is SOME AWE cheesy my prayer is that as I'm trying to raise my sons and daughter to be good people that the parents of their future spouses are doing same.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by jvera(f): 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
luv ma dad bt wont wnt sum1 lyk him y cos his quiet does kind of pple fear them
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by nigerianvenom(m): 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
if i see a lady half as good as my mom,then i'm off the bachelor's market
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by alaoeri: 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
standd: cheesy cheesy

I love my father so much. But I will NOT marry a man like him.
Pray u don't marry someone worse. Pray to marry someone exactly in behavior like my mum infact if there is another world pray to come through same parents, have same siblings & family setup.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by daben1(m): 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jimfender: Someone better than my mom would be SUPPER awesome! ...
in this world full of girls that ain't loyal?
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Idrismusty97(m): 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Matthewbriggs, Judging from your write up you must be a typical introvert. Am i wrong?
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
I believe this a case of subconscious Oedipus / Electra complex.
Like it or not, your parents influence your sexual preferences & choice of life partner
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by cooljoe(m): 7:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Yes o. My mum definitely yes, I lav her personality, beauty, intellect, cooking skills, her voice, infact everyfin. Even she wasn't my mum, I'd stll luv a woman lyk her. World bestest
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Paradise163(f): 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
My dad? no way

better to remain single abeg

6 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
None of them they both have their own flaws I want to have a new ordeal.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
am sure dem sugar daddies wouldn't want their daughters to marry someone like them.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Malakh: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
Pretyangel25: NO my dad is too strict but my mum is the best
chai that background is not doing you any justice pretyangel
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Jimfender(m): 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
daben1: in this world full of girls that ain't loyal?
I don't really want loyalty, I want someone with common sense...

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Definitely my mum .... NO woman can replace that sexy bae.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
My dad is good in some areas but he has not been a very caring husband 2 my mum, he is selfcentered, stingy and strict aswell. Hence I don't pray 4 his kind of person as a husband.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by mindworx: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
If i find a lady like my mum today, i will marry today! .... grin

But wait o, there are some clauses i shld watch out for .. I think she is not rigid enough in decisions, and she cld be gullible. But all the same, i can trade that for all the priceless virtues she's got. When i say priceless .. i mean [size=14pt]priceless[/size].

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Idrismusty97: Matthewbriggs, Judging from your write up you must be a typical introvert. Am i wrong?

A blend of both worlds. I am an introvert and extrovert depending on the scenario
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
I won't marry someone like my Mum and i hope my sisters doesn't marry someone like my father
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
First and foremost I love my parents.. And I'll love to marry someone with my dad's character(and much better)

But if I'm a guy I'm not sure I want to marry someone like my mum, she's too strict for my liking..one good thing bout her tho is that she's a strong woman, a go getter, very smart and sharp. but she's too strict in an unbelievable wicked way sometimes. We all love our dad than our mum. embarassed
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by epospiky(m): 7:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
Not trying to say my parents aren't ideal couple but i'd like to marry my wife based on my taste.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Pearlvictory(m): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
my old man type na 1in 3000000.I'd so much love to be like him
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Leon2036(m): 7:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
i would gladly marry sum1 like my mum if i ever find her....
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
The only reason that I am not yet married is because I am looking for a woman that posses the same characters and personality as my mother.. So the answer is yes.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
sholasholala: I will like to marry a man who will treat me the way my Dad treats my Mum.

Teddy bear tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Benue Girl Who Was Found Wandering In Abakaliki Reunites With Her Dad (Photos) / What Is The Funniest Moment Of Your Childhood? See Mine! / Mother In Law Wants My 2.5 Year Old To Sleepover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.