Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,343 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never (1461 Views)

Men Don't Marry because They Wanna Have Sex With Their Wife. / Guys, See Reason Why You Shouldn't Marry Because Of Physical Beauty / Will She Kill Me If I Dont Marry Her? 9yrs No Be Beans O! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by dein77(m): 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
It's my sincere desire to convey my thoughts in a very genuine and clear way. Marriage, especially in our Nigerian context, is very fundamental, and one may be branded a whole lot of derogatory names if they aren't making obvious plans to getting married. Of course, it's supposed to.be a lifetime relationship, hence the need to actually get it right.

People marry for various reasons. Some marry because they love their spouse. Some for financial reasons. Some marry because of outward beauty. Some due to parental influence. Some marry for the sole purpose of procreation. All these reasons are noble. However, to ensure a lasting marriage, it's advisable to marry someone with whom WE SHARE SIMILAR VALUES AND PHILOSOPHY. In the face of constant arguments and conflict, love evaporates. Please endeavour to marry someone you can easily understand. Let love alone be not the reason you want to spend the rest of your life with someone. People hardly divorce due to lack of love. On the contrary, they divorce because they don't share similar values that would have resulted in mutual understanding. If you don't share similar values with a person, no matter the depth of love you might have for them, please do not marry them.

Oftentimes when we are in love, we tend to temporarily overlook crucial issues--issues we won't want to tolerate forever later. I might not have written this very well, but I'm sure my point is passed across. When two people with . opposite values get married, a court will.eventually be created in the home. Lemme back up my assertion with two Bible verses. Amos 3. 3 ''can two walk together except they be agreed? ''....Prov 24.3 '' Through wisdom is a home built, and through understanding are the rooms therein beautified.

Establish your values and ensure they are almost in tandem with the ones of your future spouse. The journey is only for the WISE. The journey is very long. Marriage is a different institution altogether. You may have lived peacefully with your parents and siblings for decades, but living with your spouse for decades is an entirely different thing. Minimise future marital conflicts by tying the knot with a like mind. Of course, getting married to such a person DOESN'T banish disagreements and conflict, but since you share similar opinions, they will be resolved quicker.

Have you wondered why the PDP and APC don't seem to work well? They don't seem to share similar ideologies and values. Thanks for your anticipated, wise comments. One love.
Re: Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by dytbabe: 9:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by tayoxx(m): 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
too long

1 Like

Re: Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by Kingslaw(m): 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thanks op.
But it should be love plus understanding an not
just limited to understanding alone.

1 Like

Re: Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
..Then we should marry because of.....

My dear, love is a beautiful thing....Even if we experience heart-break cos of love....We are always eager to fall inlove again.....Onething i can never do, i can never marry someone i dont love....

1 Like

Re: Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by MsAnne(f): 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
temigracie: ..Then we should marry because of.....

My dear, love is a beautiful thing....Even if we experience heart-break cos of love....We are always eager to fall inlove again.....Onething i can never do, i can never marry someone i dont love....

preach on sista...dey dunno

1 Like

Re: Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by dein77(m): 10:07pm On Sep 11, 2014

Love is an emotion we develop for a person, mainly due to increased levels of communication.

1 Like

Re: Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Anty sowy I no read am but all I know is dat I must marry d man I love. Chikena
Re: Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by dein77(m): 10:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
rozzay: Anty sowy I no read am but all I know is dat I must marry d man I love. Chikena

Good for you. But also ensure you share similar values. Love will take sabbatical when the hot disagreements occur repeatedly.

1 Like

Re: Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
dein77:

Good for you. But also ensure you share similar values. Love will take sabbatical when the hot disagreements occur repeatedly.
I guess u r right
Re: Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by Tymax(m): 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
dein77: ...However, to ensure a lasting marriage, it's advisable to marry someone with whom WE SHARE SIMILAR VALUES AND PHILOSOPHY. In the face of constant arguments and conflict, love evaporates. Please endeavour to marry someone you can easily understand. Let love alone be not the reason you want to spend the rest of your life with someone. People hardly divorce due to lack of love. On the contrary, they divorce because they don't share similar values that would have resulted in mutual understanding. [size=14pt]If you don't share similar values with a person, no matter the depth of love you might have for them, please do not marry them...[/size]

You have raised important undeniable points. Understanding/agreement is what keeps commitment fresh. Love is often attached to qualities that fade with age or disappear in some situations. Values, hold true for much longer.

4 Likes

Re: Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by adebayour26: 4:46am On Sep 12, 2014

marrying someone u don't love is like being locked up wit an irritating & disgusting being.
Re: Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by Sanchez01: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2014
OP, I'd have said you are right but the number one factor that gets a DECENT man attracted to a lady is love. Hence, the idea of a relationship rests on love.

However, the IDEA OF A LASTING RELATIONSHIP rests on understanding. Yes, Amos makes it clear and well defined but love is the basis of understanding itself. Take for example, when you meet a lady, you don't build understanding first hand, rather you seek to build the most important, which is love. It is when love has been established that other forms capable of sustaining a relationship come to be.

As a matter of fact, it is absolutely correct if one says that love breeds understanding between a man and a woman. While love is regarded as important, understanding is the live wire of any sane relationship such that without it, love in itself is a mirage.

Love truly wears out with time, but such is not the case with understanding.

1 Like

Re: Dont Marry Because Of Love.... Never by dein77(m): 10:26am On Sep 12, 2014
Sanchez01: OP, I'd have said you are right but the number one factor that gets a DECENT man attracted to a lady is love. Hence, the idea of a relationship rests on love.

However, the IDEA OF A LASTING RELATIONSHIP rests on understanding. Yes, Amos makes it clear and well defined but love is the basis of understanding itself. Take for example, when you meet a lady, you don't build understanding first hand, rather you seek to build the most important, which is love. It is when love has been established that other forms capable of sustaining a relationship come to be.

As a matter of fact, it is absolutely correct if one says that love breeds understanding between a man and a woman. While love is regarded as important, understanding is the live wire of any sane relationship such that without it, love in itself is a mirage.

Love truly wears out with time, but such is not the case with understanding.

What actually first draws you close to a person isn't love, but pure emotions. Love is an act of the will. Then after becoming friends, whether the relationship will last or not depends on whether you both share commons values and interests.

It's understanding that engenders love, not the contrary. Love can be nurtured towards anyone, I repeat, anyone.

(1) (Reply)

How To Tell Him You Like Him Without Saying The Words / Woman Offers Herself For Marriage As Incentive To Anyone Who Buys Her House / Heartbreaking Photo Of Syrian Boy Protecting His Little Sister From Air Strikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.