Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,071 members, 7,832,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage (1447 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / How Do I Stop Self-Servicing Habit Of Crossing Legs And Clenching Thigh Muscle? / She Broke Up When I Told Her No Sex Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by Olutola88(m): 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
Can't we get married in Nigeria without meeting one Pastor, Alfa or herbalist to help us check if this guy/lady will make a good husband/wife?

I can confidently say that most Nigerians (including the so-called civilized and Aje butter) always consult a religious leader before they go ahead to make wedding plans. In most cases, we believe what ever the spiritual leader says and we base our judgment solely on whatever our pastor/Alfa tells us.

I wonder why people still have problems with their marriages and some even end up divorcing despite the fact that their spiritual father told them to go ahead and marry the partner.

Why do we Nigerians attribute so much importance to such consultations? Is it that important?
Re: Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by Tattooboy: 11:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
@op despite civilisation we cant throw all our traditions away. can we?
Re: Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by Agybabe(f): 11:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
@op did the girl's pastor asked her not to marry you? grin
Re: Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by Harmvirus(f): 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2014
Agybabe:
@op did the girl's pastor asked her not to marry you? grin

Lol..wicked question

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by Jhymrod(f): 12:00am On Nov 02, 2014
Nigerian seeking spiritual help since 1900....
Re: Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by Infomizer(m): 12:22am On Nov 02, 2014
That awkward moment when Mr. Casanova's girlfriends all consult their individual pastors and they tell them Casanova is the one for them...Gobe!

Reliance on deity to solve problems that only require rationality! That's the bane of our society - Tai Solarin
Re: Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by gloryl(f): 12:28am On Nov 02, 2014
Lol grin grin
Re: Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 02, 2014
Olutola88:
Can't we get married in Nigeria without meeting one Pastor, Alfa or herbalist to help us check if this guy/lady will make a good husband/wife?

I can confidently say that most Nigerians (including the so-called civilized and Aje butter) always consult a religious leader before they go ahead to make wedding plans. In most cases, we believe what ever the spiritual leader says and we base our judgment solely on whatever our pastor/Alfa tells us.

I wonder why people still have problems with their marriages and some even end up divorcing despite the fact that their spiritual father told them to go ahead and marry the partner.

Why do we Nigerians attribute so much importance to such consultations? Is it that important?
If I come to this world again in year 1million, the voice of Oracle can never be toyed with by me !!

Why marriage break up is because we failed to fulfil the instructions of Oracle after consultation despite that ... Pastor/alfa/Herbalist can lie but Oracle doesn't lie nor deceive !!

E.g Oracle can suggest The best wife for you but she's too stuborn so in order for you to live in peaceful co-existence you have to be calm and patience thus accept her stubborness as her shortcomings else both of you will divorce and the voice of Oracle won't be fulfilled !!

''aigbofa laa wo'ke , Ifa kan o' si n para''
Re: Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by Olutola88(m): 7:36am On Nov 02, 2014
donroxy:
If I come to this world again in year 1million, the voice of Oracle can never be toyed with by me !!

Why marriage break up is because we failed to fulfil the instructions of Oracle after consultation despite that ... Pastor/alfa/Herbalist can lie but Oracle doesn't lie nor deceive !!

E.g Oracle can suggest The best wife for you but she's too stuborn so in order for you to live in peaceful co-existence you have to be calm and patience thus accept her stubborness as her shortcomings else both of you will divorce and the voice of Oracle won't be fulfilled !!

''aigbofa laa wo'ke , Ifa kan o' si n para''
lmao
Re: Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by Princecalm(m): 8:27am On Nov 02, 2014
Op so pastor suppose dey see vision for everybody head?not every pastor are gifted with that,so when someone goes to meet the pastor, the pastor only judge by the elements guiding the relationship such as "do you love him " and once the person argrees,the pastor gives the go ahead.And if the couples breakup that should not be blamed on the pastor unless he lied to you that he saw a vision earlier.
Re: Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by Olutola88(m): 9:55am On Nov 02, 2014
Princecalm:
Op so pastor suppose dey see vision for everybody head?not every pastor are gifted with that,so when someone goes to meet the pastor, the pastor only judge by the elements guiding the relationship such as "do you love him " and once the person argrees,the pastor gives the go ahead.And if the couples breakup that should not be blamed on the pastor unless he lied to you that he saw a vision earlier.
I'm not talking about those that go for counselling. I'm referring to the ones that seek to know what the future will look like with their proposed partner
Re: Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by Princecalm(m): 10:22am On Nov 02, 2014
Olutola88:
I'm not talking about those that go for counselling. I'm referring to the ones that seek to know what the future will look like with their proposed partner
exactly what i just said,not all pastors are gifted with and not only them because an ordinary human can see vision.
Re: Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by Olutola88(m): 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2014
Infomizer:
That awkward moment when Mr. Casanova's girlfriends all consult their individual pastors and they tell them Casanova is the one for them...Gobe!

Reliance on deity to solve problems that only require rationality! That's the bane of our society - Tai Solarin
lmaoi! he will marry all of them na.
Re: Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage by Infomizer(m): 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
Olutola88:
lmaoi! he will marry all of them na.

That would be quite contradictory to the monogamy mantra sang in churches nao...Abi?

(1) (Reply)

Why Does It Hurt So Much? / Am I Alone In This? / One Reason Why Some Guys Cheats (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.