Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,372 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

18wheeler's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 18wheeler's Profile / 18wheeler's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 30 pages)

Food / Re: One Food You Cannot Understand Why People Enjoy It. by 18wheeler: 2:06am
fatherjesse:
Danwake and abacha although they say, one man's meat is another's poison
Danwake! I get goosebumps at the smell or sight of it.
I can’t eat awara (tofu right?) ,the one made from soya bean. Chai! I feel like throwing up now at the thought of it.

I’ve never tasted Abacha so I can’t say anything about it yet.
Politics / Re: I Just Bought Fuel At ₦950 A Litre In Ajah by 18wheeler: 10:17pm On May 01
Been buying at 950 naira/ltr in the north east (maiduguri) for over a week now. To get 950 is even difficult. The stations closed up and wouldn’t sell. Some places even sold @ 1050 naira/ltr. It’s crazy out here

1 Like

Crime / Re: How I Was Duped Yesterday! Nairalanders Please Help by 18wheeler: 10:46am On Apr 20
You run a streets business and you don’t know how to resolve issues streetwise? Is it we that will teach you what to do?

2 Likes

Crime / Re: Bandit Kingpins, Kachallah, Madagwal, 12 Others Killed In Zamfara by 18wheeler: 10:40am On Apr 20
Las Las na bandits go neutralize themselves. Remember Shekau himself was neutered by ISWAP. Their end will surely come
Health / Re: Canadian Who Wants Both A Vagina & Penis Wins Funding For Surgery (Photos) by 18wheeler: 2:35pm On Apr 13
This life no balance. Someone somewhere will be looking for funding for life saving surgery and won’t be able to secure same until that patient dies.
Food / Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by 18wheeler: 6:41pm On Apr 11
My Eating pattern hasn’t changed much. But I needed to cut down on some other things to maintain it. I drink less beer now, less frequently too.

6 Likes

Politics / Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by 18wheeler: 3:38pm On Apr 06
This should be extended to JEDC too. Unfortunately for me, I bought units on the day the review was announced and I was billed on the new rate. 41.86 units for N10000. When I called to complain/seek clarification next day I got an apology that my area was mistakenly categorized as band A but that we have been returned to our proper category after 24hours. About a refund of the excess, the guy just told me sorry and that was it.
Politics / Re: Bello Bodejo, Established Vigilante Firm, Not Ethnic Militia — Brother by 18wheeler: 11:03am On Apr 04
TOPCRUISE:
Wetin be vigilante firm again. As in
Bello vigilante company Nigeria limited.
I wonder undecided
Romance / Re: Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany Hensel Get Married To An Army Veteran (video) by 18wheeler: 10:33pm On Mar 29
MrBrownJay1:
some people sha... one body two heads is just too much wahala. you finish arguing with one head and the other head will take over with more arguing OR one head deny you the kpekus and when you settle the matter with that one head, the other head will now deny you the kpekus with some other yeye nonsense.

grin cheesy grin shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Sports / Re: How Much Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Made From The Fight Last Night by 18wheeler: 6:58pm On Mar 09
slimmax:
Oh boy 👦, knock me out for 20mill dollars.
If uppercut no do I fit set face make you followup with a hook
cheesy
Talking about turning the other cheek

1 Like

Politics / Re: Hardship: Sack CBN Gov, Cardoso – Bwala Tells Tinubu How To Solve FOREX Crisis by 18wheeler: 9:25am On Mar 02
papyjaypaul:

Bwala is not a SAN
Thank you for that clarification
Health / Re: What Helps You Sleep At Night? by 18wheeler: 8:09am On Mar 01
The way I love sleep, I just need a space where my body is relaxed and I’m off.

3 Likes

Car Talk / Re: How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? by 18wheeler: 3:49am On Feb 25
Bullfallo:
get some to gauge the gas. It should be around 45. If its less that 30 it will not cool. Also when refilling add a little bit of oil.
Will do that. Thanx man. Really appreciate.
Car Talk / Re: How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? by 18wheeler: 10:50pm On Feb 24
Bullfallo:
i have older accord v6. I’m yet to see anyone who haven’t complained about my ac been mad. Also so some people who have entered my accord wanted to buy accord because if my ac. They said all the cars they have entered which is mostly lexus/toyota even for newer modern they are yet too see ac like mine. I normally have dew point cover me glasses even the top of of the car leasing vapor at night during raining season.

I really don’t know if my ac is special or that’s how all accord is. Example I went to fix my radio button. After the technician finish working we want to test it and i put all the ac. Within seconds the guy shouting this ac is mad. E done start cooling now now. Like It start cooling so fast.

Is that how your own is?

Mine isn’t like that o! I’m actually of the opinion that the A/C functions below par. It takes time to cool and I’m scared to let anyone touch it. I had a bad experience with A/C in my last car, a 2003 Mercedes C240. The car got messed up just because I tried to fix fan speed control. With this car I just change the filter from behind the glove box and manage it as it is. But my A:C doesn’t chill fast. I manage it the way it is. You must be lucky to have a good A/C in your car.
Car Talk / Re: How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? by 18wheeler: 10:15am On Feb 24
Bullfallo:
wow that was nice for a v6. But I guess city mpg would be below 21mpg
Yes. I get roughly 19mpg in city driving.
Car Talk / Re: How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? by 18wheeler: 10:04am On Feb 24
Bullfallo:
which car is that?
It’s a 2016 Honda Accord EX V6
Business / Re: What Can N50 Buy In Your Area? by 18wheeler: 3:22am On Feb 18
Two satchets of water and some whack candy for change.
Politics / Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by 18wheeler: 8:51pm On Feb 03
I bought for 1,050 naira per kg in maiduguri this week. 5kg for NGN5,250.

1 Like

Career / Re: What Was Your First Salary! by 18wheeler: 8:05pm On Jan 26
47k in 2006
Career / Re: Does Annual Leave Days Include Weekend? by 18wheeler: 9:24am On Jan 25
agabusta:

Have you seen his employment letter?? Policies are different in each company.
Note that in my employment letter, it was only started at I shall be entitled to 28 annual leave days and also that the company usually work Monday - Friday.
Quoting OP
Career / Re: Does Annual Leave Days Include Weekend? by 18wheeler: 1:37pm On Jan 24
Since your employment letter states you work Mondays through Fridays then your vacation days should not include weekends. But in my place of work for example, the security men, though outsourced, have weekends counted in their leave days because they work on weekends.
Politics / Re: Where Are They? Five Most Powerful Persons Of The Buhari Era by 18wheeler: 10:31pm On Jan 09
Rotimi Amaechi leader of opposition in the senate representing Rivers East? Have I Been missing something?
Health / Re: Nigeria Man Share His 2023 Weight Loss Achievement (Photo) by 18wheeler: 12:02pm On Jan 01
Mummyfour:
let's motivate ourselves. That is my aim for this year too. I want to drop like 30-35 kg before September. It takes hard work and dedication. I used to be a fitness freak and was looking so fit, trim and young even after 4 children. I was a good size 12. But a lot of water passed the bridge these few years and I realized now that I practically breath hard when I climb the stairs.
I am going back to fitness o.
It may be difficult but with dedication I can build back the stamina I used to have of running for 35 minutes, road work and ending up doing 8.5 on the treadmill for 25-30 minutes. My stamina was something else for a woman. But nowadays, just small walk , I will be panting like a puppy denied of water. And after God and my children, exercise used to be my joy giver. I am going back to it.
Ironically, my daughter is a fitness coach and karate trainer, but I keep dodging her . But this year she said she is ready for me🤣🤣
I’ll be following you for guidance and motivation. I have to shed at least 30kg. Within the next 7 months
Health / Re: Nigeria Man Share His 2023 Weight Loss Achievement (Photo) by 18wheeler: 11:34am On Jan 01
Parable007:
I want to really commend you for achieving this major milestone. Those of you typing rubbish, you don't know that maaany people are really trying to reduce their weight, it's a goal they hardly achieve. This man did it he deserves some applause cos he'll encourage someone out there but una comments for Nairaland show that some of your are either kids or immature.
Understand people emotional feeling before typing anyhow pls.
Bless you.
Health / Re: Nigeria Man Share His 2023 Weight Loss Achievement (Photo) by 18wheeler: 11:33am On Jan 01
That’s my target for 2024. Lose minimum of 30kg. It’s not going to be easy but I’m determined.
Nairaland / General / Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by 18wheeler: 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Remainds me of 2pac song "hit em up" grin

Grab your Glocks when you see 2pac...
call the Cops when you see... 2pac..

Modified. grin

Freeway by Flipside “… my Glock carries heavy rounds, Mag carries heavy rounds, back in my Chevy truck….”
Career / Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by 18wheeler: 11:39am On Dec 07, 2023
It’s a personal thing. For me Otis one month salary maximum.
Health / Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by 18wheeler: 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2023
A month ago it’s was 25k in Jos, the syrup. Needed to buy 2 for my kids. Had to return and prepare again before getting it. Got a discount of 1k per pack and paid 48k for the 2. Best thing is to try and avoid incidences of illness. We are not God but we can adopt healthy lifestyles that will minimize risk of sickness.

3 Likes

Business / Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by 18wheeler: 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2023
Bizibi:
In 1996 you dare not carry 50 naira as a student in secondary School,in 1988,I carried 5 naira to school and the teacher asked me who gave it to me,she was frowning her face.

I can't imagine the 20 naira I was using to feed everyday in secondary School is the same currency we are using to buy one pure water satchel.

You’re so right. 1988 I was buying plate of mama put jollof rice for 30 kobo with no meat. I think with meat was 50kobo, never ate with meat then. 1 naira used to feed 3 of us during break. I was in primary school then so yes, seeing a child with 5naira would definitely raise eyebrows.

A school mate shared the school fees receipt he paid in 1995 and it was 2,200 naira. Complete 3rd term fees for a boarding missionary school! My heart sunk. That won’t even pay transport to go to school today.

1 Like

Food / Re: When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? by 18wheeler: 6:24am On Nov 08, 2023
1 month ago. I really ate to my satisfaction. My friend and I demolished a whole head. I washed it down with 3 bottles of chilled Heineken omo!
Red gate, Chezcoan street Maiduguri 😎

2 Likes

Nairaland / General / Re: How Many Do You Remember? by 18wheeler: 8:58pm On Nov 06, 2023
No single one that I did not do. Those boyhood days were good mehn. This is nostalgic

1 Like

Travel / Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by 18wheeler: 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
Happened to us in the north east at the peak of bh insurgency. Four notable points were
1.jimtilo, the entry/exit checkpoint of maiduguri;
2. Kukareta, the border of Borno and yobe state close to the livestock market
3. opposite nnpc mega station at the entry to damaturu yobe state; and
4. the exit of damaturu as you take potiskum road where the 233 tank battalion is presently located.

Some unpleasant memories mehn. We would drop from the vehicle, the driver would drive to the other end of the checkpoint while we trekked, showed our IDs to security men and go join our vehicle. Those walks could be as long as 5 to 6 hundred meters under the hot desert sun.
Those without acceptable IDs were delayed and after a while they paid some money and were let go

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 30 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.