Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. (19209 Views)

My Man Is A 2 Min Man. Help / Medical Experts And Volunteers Against Ebola. Let's Meet Here! / Ebola: Why Is Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu (minister For Health)still Keeping His Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by dammytosh: 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
There we go.....

Nigerians Celebrating Mediocrity since time immemorial.

If Our minister deserve applause, the American doctors that flew their citizen out of danger zone and treated them successfully deserve Nobel Laureate.

Mchewwwwwwwwww..

Another plate of pepper soup pleaaseee... angry angry angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Youngzedd(m): 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
Bill Gates' Foundation Gives Its Largest Gift Ever To Combat Ebola Crisis > https://www.nairaland.com/1900883/bill-gates-foundation-gives-largest
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
healthcare is a team effort. u don't just single out one person and praise them. there're people working behind the scenes we didn't get to see... doctors, nurses, etc... who had direct contact with ebola patients. minister chukwu didn't. if u ask me, it's the pple who put their own lives in danger who should be commended, or better yet, let's commend all, not one person alone.

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by jieta: 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2014
Brahms:

He doesn't deserve shi!t! Same clown that said N1.9bn Ebola Fund was for his Ministry to buy Cars. He's a thief! And an Opportunist trying to take glory of Commissioner Idris.
i wish you are among the people that lost there life to ebola epidemic i would 've celebrate
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Brahms(m): 6:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
jieta: i wish you are among the people that lost there life to ebola epidemic i would 've celebrate

You don't even know me, you're here wishing evil against me?

Karma will find you.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by naijamustsweet: 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
egift: Yes. The minister has managed the crisis well and with maturity/professionally. Whenever things are done in Nigeria without throwing ethic, regional and religious sentiments into it, we always come off brilliant.

Well done Onyebuchi Chukwu.

How I wish Boko Haram is treated as a criminal/terrorist crises without using it for 2015 reelection, demanding for loan, inflating security budget, shielding sponsors for political support, drowning Nigerians in fear, etc.
By your divisive attempt to single out the Minister for commendation, you are no different from the ethnic and religeous bigots.
The success in containing EVD goes beyond the effort of any single individual govt or institution.Let us avoid pettiness pls.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
Why do Nigerians need to clap for any little thing? It's embarrassing.

I thought the title said "condemnation".
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by eunisam: 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
Give honor to whom honor is due. He deserve it.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by egift(m): 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
naijamustsweet:
By your divisive attempt to single out the Minister for commendation, you are no different from the ethnic and religeous bigots.
The success in containing EVD goes beyond the effort of any single individual govt or institution.Let us avoid pettiness pls.

My appreciation goes to him and everyone that did all the could to take care of this outbreak. Also my heartfelt sympathy to all the health works who suffered or even died in their service to the Homeland. May God reward them and their loved ones.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by egift(m): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
MissMeiya: Why do Nigerians need to clap for any little thing? It's embarrassing.

I thought the title said "condemnation".

You are. But unfortunately we live in a society filled with negligence, mediocrity and massive corruption - So when we see few people who took their service to the Nation seriously and do what is expected of them, we tend to appreciate them for doing what is expected of them.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by jieta: 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
Brahms:

You don't even know me, you're here wishing evil against me?
may karma find you too
Karma will find you.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by meforyou1(m): 6:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
The minister really deserves commendation. Especially for being upright and sincere in his press briefings.
Also Fashola and Amaechi deserve commendation too.
And the good doctor that sacrificed her life to let nigerians live deserves the highest commendation
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by basty: 6:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
Post initiated by indigbo because Fashola was appreciated by WHO

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by guyman101: 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
a must read ebook for any nigerian student studying abroad

go to amazon.com and obtain a copy

HURRY NOW!!!

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
He should contest for president sef
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Abel202: 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
[b]My people,
If one must criticise government officials when they fail to do their duties, then one must also learn to applaud them when they do their jobs rather pragmatically. If you are only good at seeing Jonathan's ministers that must be fired, but fail to see those that do excellent work, then you are myopic.
The O.P is very much on point. Health Minister Onyebuchi Chucku should be praised. Infact he should be celebrated. He and his team in collaboration with all the health officials in the Federal and State level have effectively fought the dreaded Ebola virus to a standstill in Nigeria. When this Ebola entered Nigeria, the whole foreign media were running frenzy with speculations of how it will devastate this country as everyone knows how poorly we handle virtualy anything. But Onyebuchi and his team has not only dissapointed them, but he has even done the unexpected by securing their admiration and respect due to his pragmatism.
This disease is ravaging Liberia, Siera Leon & Guinea. Infact the case of Liberia is getting out of hand.
In a country where hadly anything works. Where hadly any government official does his job effectively talkless of pragmatically, when we suddenly see one man that has done excellently thereby saving Millions of Lives of Nigerians, that man deserves not only to be praised, but to be celebrated. There is nothing wrong in celebrating success. Even the United States has commended Nigeria for the effective manner we have tackled this Ebola outbreak headlong, so why shouldn't we celebrate the man who's pragmatism has shown like a shining star?
If Goodluck Jonathans administration could handle Corruption and Security the way they have handled this Ebola outbreak, then Nigeria will surely be on its way to becoming the great nation we are destined to be.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Chigold101(m): 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
Number one key that gave nigerians victory in this ebola issue is information manegment. Dr Chukwu did too well in handling the information that goes to the media. I think what happend with the chibok girls really made him to wisen up and deny local & foriegn madia like CNN & co oppotunity to add confusion into the issue.
We must appreciate his effort and that of his team member plus both lagos & river state comminsioners for health.
As for ADEDAVOH she deserves to be honoured with medal & GCON, then they should name federal ministry of health secretariate abuja after her. and her children should become nigeria‘s children. I mean nigeria should start paying the family.

2 Likes

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by sorom4: 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
Why is it that some people are too tribalistic? They don't see anything good in people who doesnt belong in the same tribe or religion with them. Why is it that these same people bring in APC connotation in their comments? Why is it that they dont see anything good in the present administration? Is Lagos State Ministry of Health not under the Federal Ministry of Health? Is the State Ministry of Health not taking directives 4m the Federal? Why should the State take glory in positive outcome and the Federal left out? I believe that the majority of the people not commending the Minister are Yoruba's, who either do so on political, religious or ethnic lines.

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by GENTLETEE(m): 7:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
Yes, but much to the Lagos state govt.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
This is really unfortunate. The Minister was obviously employed to do his job. So praising him is just like celebrating mediocrity and downgrading yourselves. There are still a lot of sick people who need some quick medical help
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by fowowe411: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
@Op why don't you wait till the Ebola-War is over? Don't be in such a hurry because the war isn't yet won.I won't say what I really feel about this thread cos I dnt want to goto jail*In Ronaldo's voice*

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by OCTAVO: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sincerely, the health minister tried.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by fowowe411: 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
sorom4: Why is it that some people are too tribalistic? They don't see anything good in people who doesnt belong in the same tribe or religion with them. Why is it that these same people bring in APC connotation in their comments? Why is it that they dont see anything good in the present administration? Is Lagos State Ministry of Health not under the Federal Ministry of Health? Is the State Ministry of Health not taking directives 4m the Federal? Why should the State take glory in positive outcome and the Federal left out? I believe that the majority of the people not commending the Minister are Yoruba's, who either do so on political, religious or ethnic lines.
And is it a coincidence that the person who started this thread is Ibo?why didn't he praise the Lagos state govt along with the minister if he is not being tribalistic? .I'm not trying to justify anybody here but I hate when people study a situation at the surface level and see what they only want to see.The truth is that tribalism hasn't eaten deep in Nigeria and only God can save us all.Peace

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by AbdulMajeed2(m): 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
bullshit....how will you commend someone for doing his job...he is being paid huge amount of money that enough for him.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by nijanigga: 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
Not will all his lies that ebola is contained,the next day, a doctor died in PH.

2 Likes

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by nijanigga: 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
guyman101: a must read ebook for any nigerian student studying abroad

go to amazon.com and obtain a copy

HURRY NOW!!!
rubbish, how did it get to amazon? understandably amazon's stock is falling,they need anything that can shore them up.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Bleeze2: 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
he really tried
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by laplace12(m): 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
I think Fashola deserves commendation instead.
Lagos state did the fight alone, the minister was only giving confusing press release.

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by sorom4: 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
fowowe411: And is it a coincidence that the person who started this thread is Ibo?why didn't he praise the Lagos state govt along with the minister if he is not being tribalistic? .I'm not trying to justify anybody here but I hate when people study a situation at the surface level and see what they only want to see.The truth is that tribalism hasn't eaten deep in Nigeria and only God can save us all.Peace
I dont think you read the Op post very well. If you have read it; you would have seen where he/she commended the LAGS, Health Practisioners(which includes the LAGS Ministry of Health and all Nigerians(which includes you and me). By the way; what makes you think that he/she is an Igbo? The fact remains that the Yoruba,s hates the Igbo people so much. But remember that who God blesses, no man can curse

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by ayindejimmy(m): 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
egift: Yes. The minister has managed the crisis well and with maturity/professionally. Whenever things are done in Nigeria without throwing ethic, regional and religious sentiments into it, we always come off brilliant.

Well done Onyebuchi Chukwu and everyone that did what is expected of them. God bless you all.

How I wish Boko Haram is treated as a criminal/terrorist crises without using it for 2015 reelection, demanding for loan, inflating security budget, shielding sponsors for political support, drowning Nigerians in fear, etc.

He doesnt deserve any! If its in the Western world he would hve been issued a query by nw.The situatn could av bin preventd bt because he lackd foresight he sat dwn and waitd til Ebola came. Why didnt he alert the Ministry of Aviation and Informatn to be at alert prior to Sawyer's arival? Preventn they say is better than cure.
I'l rada comend d Lag Govt and First Consultant Hospital for their unfliching commitment at rescuing the errors of the Health Ministry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by ayindejimmy(m): 8:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
sorom4: I dont think you read the Op post very well. If you have read it; you would have seen where he/she commended the LAGS, Health Practisioners(which includes the LAGS Ministry of Health and all Nigerians(which includes you and me). By the way; what makes you think that he/she is an Igbo? The fact remains that the Yoruba,s hates the Igbo people so much. But remember that who God blesses, no man can curse
who hate who?
You sound like d dude u qouted.
What u both implied only existed in u ppl's imaginatn.
No tym 4 hating, busy tryn 2 make heaven
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by sujex2015: 8:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
Brahms:

He doesn't deserve shi!t! Same clown that said N1.9bn Ebola Fund was for his Ministry to buy Cars. He's a thief! And an Opportunist trying to take glory of Commissioner Idris.
oboy try nd be sensible for once....was ur idris also in rivers state?? Or was he updating d nation on ebola situation.....do un2 odas wot u wl luv 2 b done 2 u.....whether u lyk it or not, he deserves commendation...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Plot To Introduce Lethal Synthetic Opoids To The Market - NDLEA Alerts Nigerians / See The New Face Of Udi District Hospital / Oyo To Begin 2,000 Tests Per Day, 10,000 In A Few Days To Determine Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.