Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. (19208 Views)

My Man Is A 2 Min Man. Help / Medical Experts And Volunteers Against Ebola. Let's Meet Here! / Ebola: Why Is Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu (minister For Health)still Keeping His Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by awhydot: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2014
Fashola and his team should be commended. Chukwu stays in Abuja and only makes press statements.

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by apogeez(m): 9:33am On Sep 14, 2014
8-8-2014 biko ogbalika.. I thank God also
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by wallex1983(m): 9:47am On Sep 14, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: As long as the Health Minister misappropriated funds for the fighting and prevention of the virus entering Nigeria, he is a detriment to the progress made in the fight against Ebola.

With that money, more effective strides would have been taken to secure Nigerians.

Any emergency in Nigeria iڪ an opportunity to loot.

This statement is 99% valid, especially in the political sector

2 Likes

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by F117A: 9:50am On Sep 14, 2014
awhydot: Fashola and his team should be commended. Chukwu stays in Abuja and only makes press statements.
Yes,just like fashola was responsible for stopping a potential outbreak in rivers.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by wallex1983(m): 9:50am On Sep 14, 2014
awhydot: Fashola and his team should be commended. Chukwu stays in Abuja and only makes press statements.

Yes. The Health minister should also be commended for being effective at making calls. MTN or whatever network he uses should be commended for smiling to the bank.

Win-Win
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Atigba: 10:13am On Sep 14, 2014
I applaud the minister for his patriotic spirit.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Felixjude(m): 10:18am On Sep 14, 2014
Honestly the guy did well...The ebola outbreak was an acid test, and I have to say without sentiment that he rose up to the challenge....Kudos!
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by sirgreen: 10:53am On Sep 14, 2014
the health minister deserve an award of excellence even she may have eaten from the fund provided as long as she was able to coattail the spread of this virus within a short period if not for that, me and as many that is saying she should be fired would have been down by now with the virus
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by PrinceNwokeji: 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
yes, well done Hourable Minister, you are the best minster of the Year 2014.

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by tit(f): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
Say no to tribalism
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by fowowe411: 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
sorom4: I dont think you read the Op post very well. If you have read it; you would have seen where he/she commended the LAGS, Health Practisioners(which includes the LAGS Ministry of Health and all Nigerians(which includes you and me). By the way; what makes you think that he/she is an Igbo? The fact remains that the Yoruba,s hates the Igbo people so much. But remember that who God blesses, no man can curse
You still not getting my point...just like you pointed above that the Yorubas hate Ibos,fine bt why can't you say the Ibos hate Yorubas?because you are being tribalistic and trying to potray the Ibos as the saints.The fact remains that the 3 major ethnic groups in Nigeria have wreck havoc in this country because of tribal sentiments.By the way your assertion that the Yorubas hate ibos,well I wouldn't know where you are viewing yours but as far as am concerned the Yorubas remain the most accomodating tribe here in this country take it or leave it and I'm not in anyway cleansing them of their many weaknesses.In so far as we still agree to remain a One Nigeria,let's just live in Peace!.

2 Likes

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by samplegirl(f): 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
Brahms:

I doubt if you're a girl. I guess you're going through Gender-Crisis. Now STFU Kid!

It does not matter what you believe or doubt about me. But when you said you are guessing I concluded you are damned confused because those who guess live in the world of CONFUSSION.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by tit(f): 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
fowowe411: You still not getting my point...just like you pointed above that the Yorubas hate Ibos,fine bt why can't you say the Ibos hate Yorubas?because you are being tribalistic and trying to potray the Ibos as the saints.The fact remains that the 3 major ethnic groups in Nigeria have wreck havoc in this country because of tribal sentiments.By the way your assertion that the Yorubas hate ibos,well I wouldn't know where you are viewing yours but as far as am concerned the Yorubas remain the most accomodating tribe here in this country take it or leave it and I'm not in anyway cleansing them of their many weaknesses.In so far as we still agree to remain a One Nigeria,let's just live in Peace!.

Chukwu* deserves an award
Dr. Adedavoh deserves 1000 awards.

It is best to give Nigerian power to minorities.
The way some Yorubas and Fulani are hating on GEJ is not good.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Chybeno(f): 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
Sunnycliff: space for sale
he did a wounderful work and he is still doing more. He is d kind of pple we want in our society pple dat are able to deliever God bless u
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Chybeno(f): 8:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
uchedydy: In a country wia everytyn seems to be upside down, we need to celebrate those who have done well.

Health Minister, Onyebuchi Chukwu indeed deserves commendation. In the wake of Ebola from AMERICAN-liberian Patrick Sawyer, the Health Minister swung into action. Tho it was shaky af first due to the seeming unpreparedness of everybody. He fought Ebola to a standstill, convening meetings here and there, giving directives on things, working with the Lagos state government and other states and notably providing up to date information to give public insight and calm tension. As at today we have no case of Ebola in the country. Our hearts go out to those who lost loved ones, but it would have been more but for the hard work of the health minister and his team.

I am not a politician, but I think every good work deserves commendation.

Now to the man who fought hard to fight Ebola for his country, I say well done.

Again commendation shd go to all the doctors and medical practitioners in all areas of the field, and to all Nigerians who have been using hand sanitizers to ensure they protect themselves.

Well done!!!!!!!!!!
he did wounderful work God bless him
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by ChibuikeStanley7(m): 2:05am On Sep 15, 2014
Ofcourse
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by koxi: 9:51am On Sep 15, 2014
phreakabit:

I agree with you. . . They say it has been eradicated. I say we wait for 30 days more to find out.
BTW you made a mistake should be contained then wiped out. wink

ok boss. noted! !
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Konquest: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2014
uchedydy: In a country wia everytyn seems to be upside down, we need to celebrate those who have done well.

Health Minister, Onyebuchi Chukwu indeed deserves commendation. In the wake of Ebola from AMERICAN-liberian Patrick Sawyer, the Health Minister swung into action. Tho it was shaky af first due to the seeming unpreparedness of everybody. He fought Ebola to a standstill, convening meetings here and there, giving directives on things, working with the Lagos state government and other states and notably providing up to date information to give public insight and calm tension. As at today we have no case of Ebola in the country. Our hearts go out to those who lost loved ones, but it would have been more but for the hard work of the health minister and his team.

Again commendation shd go to all the doctors and medical practitioners in all areas of the field, and to all Nigerians who have been using hand sanitizers to ensure they protect themselves.

Well done!!!!!!!!!!

[b]@ALL @ uchedydy

Onyebuchi Chukwu will ONLY get 1% from me because he allowed ebola into Nigeria via a National gateway [Murtala Mohd. Airport in Lagos]after he lied earlier this year in the media [AIT et al] that measures had been taken by the Federal government to curtail ebola's spread to Nigeria .

Second. It was ONLY on Wednesday 27th of August that the so-called N200million was received by the Lagos State government as confirmed by Gov. Fashola.

This was after Patrick Sawyer arrived on Sunday 20th July 2014 and died 4 days later of Ebola complications - a full 1 month
7 days later after Lagos State had used its resources to single-handedly manage the situation - and even NOW Rivers State has also NOT got any money or N200million from the Federal Ministry of Health.

Prof Onyebuchi has a habit - along with Labaran Maku of using propaganda and trying to take credit for ebola's so-called "containment" IN LATE August 2014 - just 2 days before the PH EBOLA DEATH was announced [Dr. Jide Idris professionally disagreed with the use of the word containment on TVC] but according to the medical doctors and volunteers who treated the ebola patients back to health, Prof Onyebuchi NEVER visit the facility in Lagos!

Dr. Jide Idris [the Lagos State commisioner of Health] and Dr. Stella Adadevoh graduated in 1980 at the same time from LUTH College of Medicine - while Onyebuchi Chukwu was still an 18-year-old boy in secondary school and are professionally his senior in the medical profession! Onyebuchi Chukwu is just a political appointee - and I found his communication style on TV to be confusing and muddled up.
He had NO good communication skills which a minister of his calibre should have. Fela's older brother, Prof Olikoye Ransome-Kuti never spoke
tongue-in-cheek and was always lucid in his communication[He and the Kuti family graciously announced to Nigerians and the world that Fela
passed on as a result of the complications from HIV!]

I must add that the people on the front lines are to be given more credit than this minister of health who I consider to be the worst minister of health in recent memory - I'm in my 40s and and can conveniently prove this.

The people on the front lines in Lagos such as the Members of WHO, Nigerian Volunteers and medical doctors, member of the CENTRE FOR DISEASE CONTROL USA, Dr. Adadevoh and her staff, Lagos State Government for providing the money that was used to treat ebola patients single-handed without Federal Support until they got a belated N200 million on Wednesday 27th August 2014 after ebola in Lagos had been sucessfully managed DESERVE TO BE COMMENDED NOT Onyebuchi Chukwu WHO ONLY takes information collected from the Lagos and PH Commisioners of Health and then goes on National TV to take credit for what he has NOT been involved in.

Enough said! angry [/b]

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by magictouch: 11:02am On Sep 15, 2014
My praise goes to Fashola and his team, he took charge of the situation even the before Health.

Ebola is not something to be toiled with, the minister doesnt have any choice other than to work. if the virus could kill a Diplomat, a Minister isnt spared.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by adanduka: 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Late Dr Adadevoh does.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by ojtopsy: 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
praising an idiota that allowed ebola into the country. he knew Liberia was in turmoil, yet he did nothing about our MMA. he sat down in Abuja ditching out propaganda in conjunction with maku. tell me which on is beta ?prevention or cure after losing 7 lives just because of wait and see approach rather than being proactive.
Chukwu deserves no praise rather he ought to face jail terms for negligence and dereliction of duty. but we are used to taking Shiite from our so called leaders so give him a title.

2 Likes

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Konquest: 11:25am On Sep 17, 2014
ojtopsy: praising an idiota that allowed ebola into the country. he knew Liberia was in turmoil, yet he did nothing about our MMA. he sat down in Abuja ditching out propaganda in conjunction with maku. tell me which on is beta ?prevention or cure after losing 7 lives just because of wait and see approach rather than being proactive.
Chukwu deserves no praise rather he ought to face jail terms for negligence and dereliction of duty. but we are used to taking Shiite from our so called leaders so give him a title.

@ojtopsy

[b]I agree more than 100% with every WORD YOU typed there! The mediocrity and sycopancy being displayed by some citizens of
Nigeria and Government officials has to stop for progress and development to take place.

GEJ too had tried to DECEIVE and DIVERT the attention of Nigerians by calling Sawyer a "crazy man" and a "mad man" on national
and international television - which is very unpresidential and very bad of this president for insulting a dead man and pointing his
finger at his head and simulated a twisted finger showing a mentally unbalanced man. GEJ who jumps from one church to another
should ask his god for forgiveness!

Imagine a PhD holder who is a president embarassing Nigeria - when he is SUPPOSED to have known that people infected with Ebola virus disease, Lassa virus [Lassa fever], Marburg virus, West Nile virus, etc, ARE NOT AWARE OF THEIR ACTIONS! So, Patrick Sawyer was NOT FULLY aware of his actions such as urinating on his bed and detaching the drip needle from his veins and spilling blood on his bed at 1st Consultants Hospital in Lagos!

Usually the symptoms of all the viruses are the SAME and infected victims always display MASSIVE NEUROLOGICAL INSTABILITY, SERIOUS IRRITABILITY AND UNCONTROLLED AGGRESSION, GENERAL WEAKNESS, BLEEDING GUMS, BLEEDING ANAL REGION, VOMITING... and more!

GEJ and Onyebuchi Chukwu have to APOLOGISE to Nigerians for killing the Nigerian ebola victims by allowing ebola into Nigeria via an- international gateway - and eventually if he doesn't apologise - we reserve the right to GET HIM OUT of office next year.

IN FACT the Ijaws of Bayelsa and elsewhere have far BETTER presidential materials than this man [GEJ] - it was just
providence that brought him into power.

Look at TB Joshua saying that his illegal building that collapsed was caused by an aeroplane and then BH terrorist!
This building had NO approval and they have killed many South Africans and Nigerians for this negligence.

I want to THANK EVERY other person [except Goodluck E. Jonathan and Onyebuchi Chukwu, Labaran Maku, etc - who had been lying to Nigerians with propaganda] such as the gallant Nigerian doctors in Lagos and PH led by the Minitries of Health in Lagos and Rivers States, WHO, the American Centre for Disease Control, Medicine Sans Frontiers for rising up to the the occasion to manage and keep alive some infected ebola patients.

Enough said! smiley
[/b]

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by laudate: 1:00am On Sep 18, 2014
Konquest:

[b]@ALL @ uchedydy

Onyebuchi Chukwu will ONLY get 1% from me because he allowed ebola into Nigeria via a National gateway [Murtala Mohd. Airport in Lagos]after he lied earlier this year in the media [AIT et al] that measures had been taken by the Federal government to curtail ebola's spread to Nigeria ................

I must add that the people on the front lines are to be given more credit than this minister of health who I consider to be the worst minister of health in recent memory - I'm in my 40s and and can conveniently prove this.

The people on the front lines in Lagos such as the Members of WHO, Nigerian Volunteers and medical doctors, member of the CENTRE FOR DISEASE CONTROL USA, Dr. Adadevoh and her staff, Lagos State Government for providing the money that was used to treat ebola patients single-handed without Federal Support until they got a belated N200 million on Wednesday 27th August 2014 after ebola in Lagos had been sucessfully managed DESERVE TO BE COMMENDED NOT Onyebuchi Chukwu WHO ONLY takes information collected from the Lagos and PH Commisioners of Health and then goes on National TV to take credit for what he has NOT been involved in.

Enough said! angry [/b]

WORD!! Here comes the Voice of truth and reason. Please come here and collect a royal handshake, jare!

In another country, Onyebuchi Chukwu would have donned an 'Hamzat' PPE suit and entered the isolation ward, in order to comfort the patients and even administer some of the prescribed drugs to them.

This would have sent a strong signal to the populace about the seriousness with which he viewed the Ebola case, and how strongly he wanted the patients to get well. He would even have scored some cheap points for GEJ's administration. But what did he do? He just read press releases on national TV like a fresh undergraduate every single day, using figures given to him by the LASG Ministry of Health and the RVSG health personnel. And the OP wants to give him an award for that??! shocked mtcheeww angry

The man needs to be taught the nuts and bolts, on what it takes to run a proper healthcare system in a sovereign country!! angry

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Sagamite(m): 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2014

Well done!!!!!!!!!!

Very well said!

I am actually surprised the shyt nation could contain it.

Kudos goes to the Health Minister. Another of the rare talents we see sometimes in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Konquest: 10:09am On Sep 22, 2014
PrinceNwokeji: yes, well done Hourable Minister, you are the best minster of the Year 2014.

@PrinceNwokeji

This man in my opinion is the WORSE Health Minister in living memory in Nigeria!

He was incomprehensible/inarticulate [sent mixed messages on national television several times], and
wasn't pro-active in preventing ebola from coming into Nigeria after lying on AIT and other stations
as far back as April 2014 that measures had been put in place to prevent ebola from getting into
Nigeria while Patrick Sawyer came into Nigeria on July 20, 2014.[I saw this on TV myself].

This man called Prof. Onyebuchi has NOT even apologised to Nigerians for allowing ebola into
Nigeria via Lagos international airport without the provision of a single isolation unit at the Murtala Mohd
Airport!
He thinks all Nigerians are simpletons, so he can pull the wool over our eyes by accusing or blaming Patrick
alone!

Read my posts above to get FULL NEGATIVE DETAILS about your so-called best minister of 2014[sic]. angry

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Liposure: 10:27pm On May 17, 2020
Uniquefm:
Yea......The health minister did a great job. But he wouldn't have acheived dat alone.....so Kudous2very other person(s) who worked in order to acheive the goal even though its nt fully acheived
hello gorgeous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Plot To Introduce Lethal Synthetic Opoids To The Market - NDLEA Alerts Nigerians / See The New Face Of Udi District Hospital / Oyo To Begin 2,000 Tests Per Day, 10,000 In A Few Days To Determine Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.