Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195331 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by picasso4u(m): 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
1..Glasses have no adverse effect on ur eye. 2..You seems to have high myopia (-7.00Ds). U must constantly wear ur glasses. If the glasses r no longer comfortable then go for a Eye review. 3..You are at risk of developing glaucoma too. So get tested for IOP. 4..is any of ur parent myopic too?
tnx...really greatful@jauntty and drsteriod...none of my parents is.
had an injury in my eyes(was flogged on d eyes) around DEC 2010. since it was treated, I haven't felt it again. do u think there is still any cause for alarm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
picasso4u:

tnx...really greatful@jauntty and drsteriod...none of my parents is.
had an injury in my eyes(was flogged on d eyes) around DEC 2010. since it was treated, I haven't felt it again. do u think there is still any cause for alarm
Do u experience floaters or flashes of light?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
aigjoey:
it appears virtually everyday.. most times people tell me to clean my eyes. its embarrassing... what I now do is to always clean the side of my eyes at least twice in 1hr for it not to come out
how long has it been discharging? Wat treatment have u used?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by remmydada(m): 3:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
Pls i need to complain about my eyes whenever i move from a dark place to well lighted place like moving from the room to outdoor my eyes will itch before getting aclimatized
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
drsteroid:
if the cause is physiological I.e u were born that way,then dere is little or nothing that can be done on that..only if there is an underlining cause 2 dat..but good and regular intake of fruits and green vegtables re gud 4 the eyes.m:ave u used any drugs b4?

I was not born that way and I'm yet to take any medication.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
Pls i blink more than necessary, wat is d course and wat can i do to stop it or is it normal. it start in my jss 1
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Dramadiddy(m): 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
Pls oooo sorry, the sun seems to be too bright for me... Although I can see objects very clearly.. But dis one, my eyes get watery when the sun is so much on me... I used to wear dark shades but I can't wear dark shades to some places.. What do I do and pls give me cost of the overall solution thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by aigjoey(m): 3:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
how long has it been discharging? Wat treatment have u used?
for years now.....no treatment... as it does not pain me. just that am not comfortable with the pulse appearing on the side of my eyes..
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by emmkid(m): 3:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
Please help , my eye hurts whenever i watch movie on d system or the tv. It hurts badly that the next option for me is to go n sleep. And whenever i try to read something far-away, i end up straining my eyes or seeing the wrong thing , i'm just 17 years old, and still in school, my course requirers serious reading, sometimes, i abandon my books because of the pain in my eyes ,i misplaced the glass they gave me. They said it'll correct the ish , but saw no difference. Planning to go to d optician, your reply 'll be highly appreciated
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by abduldope(m): 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
U wlc. BTW : if its myopia then it might increase over time.
mhn so ure suggestn gtn a glass nw wld control it if its myopia am havin
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by deluckiesta: 3:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
drsteroid:
I am an Eye doctor, I discovered through clinical experience that most Patients don't really know about some basic things and problems affecting the eyesn and these has led to simple eye problems being seen as complicated and frightening to most patients and they don't really know how to go about it. There are some eye problems that are hereditary,which requires normal routine eye examinations but due to ignorance most patients tend to lose their sight to eye problems that could have been prevented. I want to use this opportunity to enlighten us and provide solutions to problems affecting the eyes,in line with WHO Vision 2020-Right to sight for all, so all questions concerning the eyes are welcomed
I kinda av shortsightedness and av been using d so called coca-cola bottles for more than 3 years yet if I remove the glasses I still can't see any difference.am I missing sumfin or wot?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Capableben(m): 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
drsteroid:
I am an Eye doctor, I discovered through clinical experience that most Patients don't really know about some basic things and problems affecting the eyesn and these has led to simple eye problems being seen as complicated and frightening to most patients and they don't really know how to go about it. There are some eye problems that are hereditary,which requires normal routine eye examinations but due to ignorance most patients tend to lose their sight to eye problems that could have been prevented. I want to use this opportunity to enlighten us and provide solutions to problems affecting the eyes,in line with WHO Vision 2020-Right to sight for all, so all questions concerning the eyes are welcomed
is it possible for one not to use medicated glasses till 80?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jeremiah505(m): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
drsteroid:
it shows u re photophobic,and may be having refractive error..do u feel better whenever u put on sun shade,do u also have difficulty seeing distance objects clearly?

pls help explain wat u mean by photophobic...

And yeah... I feel better on sun glasses... As for the distance... I dont tink i have problem seeing tinz from afar... Letters... Yeah... Maybe... But objects... Not really...
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Muzikluva(m): 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
My eyes are nt white naturally.If I yawn,little tear cld form in my eyes or if I close my eyes for long.is it normal?also,if I stare at my laptop,phone,tv or any bright light for quite a while,my eyes get heavy and teary and feels strained that I would have to look away.I always squint under the sun as well,but I have a very good vision anytime of the day.any advice?thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by 2kass(m): 4:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hello! Pls for over a year nw my dad has been having a sight problem, his eyes does not pain him but he hardly sees, he has used a whole of prescribed drugs and visit few optician buh thrs nt bin any changes. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by 2gbasky22(m): 4:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
Please katarat has been disturbing me for some time now and u gone to the hospital and i was given some drugs which makes it clear for some time but i has keept coming back

please is there no permanent solution to katarat? Or any preventive measure
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by cushycute(f): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hi OP , I usually have discharge in my eyes like every 30 to 40mins, my hand has been programmed to go remove the mucus from the eye.

Also tears flow from my eyes whenever I close them. Except when I wanna sleep. Is this normal?

My eyes do go blurr at times; like me seeing double when reading; tho this happens once in a while especially when am tired
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
Is laser eye surgery available in Nigeria and how much does it cost. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by justsmile(f): 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
drsteroid:
do u feel comfortable whenever u use a sunshade?

Yes I do
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by joywendy(f): 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
love this!

nice work op

following smiley
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Emenandez4lyf(m): 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
have problems wearing spectacles that was pescribed 4 me by an optican. Although, i have short-sighted but when i put on my spectacles,i can see far things. About 2-4 minutes, i will be experience cruel pains in my eyes like my eyes want to fall off; i need ur solution, pls
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by archcharles: 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hello drsteriod.

I'm 35 and i'v been wearing glasses since 2001. i'm myopic, by that i mean i don't need glasses to read or write but i need glasses to drive. Since february this year i'v been having dual vision when i use glasses (i mean i see double). i'v changed glasses about 3 times since then but none is good enough. is it age or i'm not getting d right test & glasses. what causes dual vision?

By d way thank you 4 ur service of love.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by tivta(m): 4:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hi doc. I have nasty eye floaters in both eyes making it very difficult to see in bright light. Any way to cushion the effect cause I read online it has no cure.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
Emenandez4lyf:
have problems wearing spectacles that was pescribed 4 me by an optican. Although, i have short-sighted but when i put on my spectacles,i can see far things. About 2-4 minutes, i will be experience cruel pains in my eyes like my eyes want to fall off; i need ur solution, pls
You need to go and review ur prescription. You might have been over-corrected.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by zyzxx(m): 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
drsteroid:
fro
sir Hw can I correct my eyes I hardly read from far distance thru too much of looking @ laptop without using glass
pls what can I do or use?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ba7man(m): 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
optm:
u shldnt tk dis lightly as its smtin serious go to a gud eye clinic where dey hv gud equipments. A retinal tear cld b suspected which cld also lead to retinal detachment.
Damn!!! Now I'm scared. lipsrsealed
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by picasso4u(m): 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
Do u experience floaters or flashes of light?
briefly explain folaters pls. my vision is normal just except d myopia and I don't c clearly in d night or in dark places
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by prettyjo(f): 5:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
Are u using any eyedrop or eye ointment
please can you drop your email.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by okechukwu3: 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
good idea doc, keep it up
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
ba7man:
Damn!!! Now I'm scared. lipsrsealed
u dnt hv to b scared as u re still havin ur sight wit u. Jst do wht u ought to do. go for an eye exam in a wel equiped clinic
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by GIYAZZ(m): 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
drsteroid:
Sir, thankyou for this opportunity.

This is my problem; my eyes keeps getting red, itchy and sometimes clanging. . . It develops small boils too, especially when I don't take pain-killer drugs.

It's been happening to me for 2years now, sir. Please, how can I treat this problem??
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Elinob(m): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
Pls wt always cus a sing in the eye?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.