Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195582 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:11am On Jan 25, 2018
princejenks:
pls house,can anyone tell me which hospitals in abuja offer eye examination and the cost of having one urgently,thanks.
Good pm bro, If I may ask, why will u have to wait for free Eye examination before checking ur Eyes?..No amount is too much for your health. I always advice Patients to go for a comprehensive Eye test rather than eye screening. Most hospitals/ clinics offering free services, often carry out vision screening and not a comprehensive Eye test,vision screening doesn't give a detailed diagnosis of your ocular health. Please walk into an Eye Clinic and do a comprehensive Eye check.Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:13am On Jan 25, 2018
optm:
. sorry i didnt see ur post in time. if u do not mention or quote me, i wouldnt get notified. pls take her for an eye exam. she'll be given eye drops as well to tk care of the itching.
Well done Doc! You have done a good job in my absence. God bless u for the selfless service
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by princejenks(m): 5:59am On Jan 25, 2018
drsteroid:
Good pm bro, If I may ask, why will u have to wait for free Eye examination before checking ur Eyes?..No amount is too much for your health. I always advice Patients to go for a comprehensive Eye test rather than eye screening. Most hospitals/ clinics offering free services, often carry out vision screening and not a comprehensive Eye test,vision screening doesn't give a detailed diagnosis of your ocular health. Please walk into an Eye Clinic and do a comprehensive Eye check.Thanks
I can't remember anywhere in my post where am asking for free eye examination,am only asking for the cost cos here in abj,medicare cost a premium so I wanna know where I can do it relatively cheap
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Fabulousb36(f): 6:11am On Jan 25, 2018
Please I have been using glasses since 2009, from time to time I have changed to lenses of higher power. I'm tired because my eyes ain't getting any better. What do I do?

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:05am On Jan 25, 2018
drsteroid:
Well done Doc! You have done a good job in my absence. God bless u for the selfless service
tnk u. where ve u been all the while?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
Fabulousb36:
Please I have been using glasses since 2009, from time to time I have changed to lenses of higher power. I'm tired because my eyes ain't getting any better. What do I do?
You are probably having progressive myopia,you just need to stick to your glasses. Refractive surgery can help correct this
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
optm:
tnk u. where ve u been all the while?
I have been busy
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:49am On Jan 26, 2018
drsteroid:
I have been busy
ok doc wlcm bk
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:56am On Jan 26, 2018
Fabulousb36:
. what type of refractive error re u having? so we can advise u appropriately
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Ebonygift(f): 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2018
Fabulousb36:
having same problem @optm from - 1 to - 1.5 and now - 1.75. Please what can be done
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:39pm On Jan 29, 2018
Ebonygift:
having same problem @optm from - 1 to - 1.5 and now - 1.75. Please what can be done
hi there. it isn't uncommon for there to be an increase in your lens power in myopia (progressive myopia). nothing can be done clinically to stop a progressive myopia; although over time, it could become stable bt not in all cases. i'll advise you go fr an eye exam regularly so as to screen out for other eye health conditions dt hving a progressive myopia puts u at risk to having.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Ebonygift(f): 12:45am On Jan 31, 2018
optm:
hi there. it isn't uncommon for there to be an increase in your lens power in myopia (progressive myopia). nothing can be done clinically to stop a progressive myopia; although over time, it could become stable bt not in all cases. i'll advise you go fr an eye exam regularly so as to screen out for other eye health conditions dt hving a progressive myopia puts u at risk to having.
I have been going for my eye check up regularly but nothing has been said about it. Well, due to some symptoms I was having which I complained about, they suspected glaucoma and I was told to do CVF (24-2) eye test which I did twice on two different occasions and was told that the test doesn't show that I have glaucoma. But nothing has been said about the progressive myopia.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:43am On Jan 31, 2018
Ebonygift:
I have been going for my eye check up regularly but nothing has been said about it. Well, due to some symptoms I was having which I complained about, they suspected glaucoma and I was told to do CVF (24-2) eye test which I did twice on two different occasions and was told that the test doesn't show that I have glaucoma. But nothing has been said about the progressive myopia.
ok it's termed progressive cos of the continual increase in power which may bcom stable over time, tho not in all cases; as it could kip increasing tru out lyf time in sm persons. Hope it's clearer nw ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by peejaylemmy(f): 5:29am On Feb 02, 2018
Welldone doc,dere is this feeling I get in my eyes as if something is moving inside my eyes,it itches nd dere is this sticky discharge @ times that wenever I sleep nd wakes up d sticky dicharge would ve dried up nd I won't b able to open my eyes immediately,pls what could b the cause?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Ebonygift(f): 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2018
optm:
ok it's termed progressive cos of the continual increase in power which may bcom stable over time, tho not in all cases; as it could kip increasing tru out lyf time in sm persons. Hope it's clearer nw ?
yes. thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:38pm On Feb 02, 2018
Ebonygift:
yes. thanks
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Mosunbabe(f): 5:43am On Feb 11, 2018
I started feeling an itch in my left eye about six days ago and after 2 days....my vision became blurry and up till now I can't figure things from afar or near but can only picture the image.
Have been using "Ocullerg" Eye drop since 4 days now but the blurry vision is still not clear. Cc: optm and every doctors in d house
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
Mosunbabe:
I started feeling an itch in my left eye about six days ago and after 2 days....my vision became blurry and up till now I can't figure things from afar or near but can only picture the image.
Have been using "Ocullerg" Eye drop since 4 days now but the blurry vision is still not clear. Cc: optm and every doctors in d house
any other symptom like pain, sandy sensation, photophobia , tearing, discharge, rash , redness aside d itching nd blurryness? any history of smting entring the eyes dt could hv precipitated it? hwz ur systemic health prior to d onset of itching ? i suggest u nid to visit d eye clinic asap as ur vision is already declining
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hi Dr steroid,
I was diagnosed with pinguecula and photophobia.
I've started medication but was told to protect eyes from dust and UV with a photochromic glasses.
The eye doctor was in haste and she came from a far place as it was a free eye test mission.

What do you advise? I have a frame that I bought from the streets a while ago. I am hoping I won't have to spend more than 2k as I am spending fortune on the drugs and the eye drops already. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by NNAMDIII(m): 11:54pm On Mar 29, 2018
optm:
uwlcm
good day sir, please can 200k be enough for glacauma surgery in a good eye hospital in lag? Please sir i need an urgent reply
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by adedayo1961: 12:25am On Mar 31, 2018
happy sales
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:19pm On Mar 31, 2018
NNAMDIII:
good day sir, please can 200k be enough for glacauma surgery in a good eye hospital in lag? Please sir i need an urgent reply
what kinda glaucoma surgery re u goin for?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Eliusdgenie(m): 10:48pm On May 14, 2018
jauntty:
Unfortunately,for Myopia and most refractive errors the only options are Glasses, Contact lenses and surgery (Orthokeratology, laser surgery etc ). Drugs don't and can't work.
please, I need info about orthokeratology in Nigeria. where can I get the lens and at what price
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Lawrittanneka68(f): 3:54am On May 15, 2018
TRADELYN:
Dear drsteroid,

I commend you for this!

1. Please what makes one part of the eyes (left one) red?
2. For those who use laptop for work on a daily basis, what is the best way to avoid any form of negative impacts on the eyes?
3. What are the useful tips to make and keep the eyes healthy?
use these products from Swissgarde,eye brite and Omega plus for maintenance,if interested contact or WhatsAp: 08038220168

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 1:03pm On May 17, 2018
peejaylemmy:
Welldone doc,dere is this feeling I get in my eyes as if something is moving inside my eyes,it itches nd dere is this sticky discharge @ times that wenever I sleep nd wakes up d sticky dicharge would ve dried up nd I won't b able to open my eyes immediately,pls what could b the cause?
Good day! Sorry for the late response. Your eyes have been infected that's why u are having discharge and gummy lids.You are likely to be having bacterial Conjunctivitis,pending proper test and diagnosis I hope u have visited an eye clinic to take care of that? It may also be an indication that your immune system has been compromised. Some female Patients medical History may also present present with itchy private part and discharge.
Proper hygiene, enough fruits should be encouraged at all times.
Pls try see an Eye Doctor if u havent.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 1:16pm On May 17, 2018
sammydirectly:
Hi Dr steroid,
I was diagnosed with pinguecula and photophobia.
I've started medication but was told to protect eyes from dust and UV with a photochromic glasses.
The eye doctor was in haste and she came from a far place as it was a free eye test mission.

What do you advise? I have a frame that I bought from the streets a while ago. I am hoping I won't have to spend more than 2k as I am spending fortune on the drugs and the eye drops already. Thanks
Sorry for the late response,I have been so occupied.
Pinguecula is a raised yellowish thickening on the bulbar conjunctiva. One of the predisposing factor is sunlight..It's advisable you get a pair of Transition lenses to halt progression. I am sorry to tell u that your 2k can't get a good pair of transition lenses.I will advice you to visit a nearby Eye Clinic and see an Eye Doctor for your pair of lenses.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by noble4d(m): 3:54pm On May 17, 2018
Hello doc. Please how can I manage allergic conjuctivities? I visited different eye clinic, all prescribed Sodium chromoglicate. My eyes are often red and itchy, its embarrassing. I'm just tired of living with reddish eyes.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:40pm On May 17, 2018
noble4d:
Hello doc. Please how can I manage allergic conjuctivities? I visited different eye clinic, all prescribed Sodium chromoglicate. My eyes are often red and itchy, its embarrassing. I'm just tired of living with reddish eyes.
sodium chromoglycate is used to treat allergy. it is also very important to identify d cause of allergy nd avoid it if possible else u keep having a recurrence due to continual exposure to d allergens. hw do u apply ur drops ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by noble4d(m): 2:54pm On May 18, 2018
optm:
sodium chromoglycate is used to treat allergy. it is also very important to identify d cause of allergy nd avoid it if possible else u keep having a recurrence due to continual exposure to d allergens. hw do u apply ur drops ?
Two drops three times daily
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:08pm On May 18, 2018
noble4d:

Two drops three times daily
ok. i find it wasteful instilling two drops as d cul-de-sac can't hold much as to taking two drops. it's better increasing frequency of instillation. i wouldn't change ur docs recommendation. if u keep experiencing such, go bk to him/her nd mk ur complaint. diff docs wit diff approach in handling cases. .... but i ll giv u a tip on hw best to use eye drops. Ensure u close ur eyes (not tightly) for smtime upon instilling ur drops so u dnt loose much( tru d lacrimal punctum) and hv it wrk for u. give it sm tym and i believe there ll b improvement else go bk to ur doc.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by filleSouriante(f): 3:12pm On May 18, 2018
@drsteriod Please what can you say about using medicated contact lenses. I use a photocchromic glasess and due to the fact that my eye balls are thining, I don't use it often which is really deteriorating my sight. Am thinking of wearing contact lenses but I need to know the positive and negative sides so I can weigh my options. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:19pm On May 18, 2018
filleSouriante:
@drsteriod Please what can you say about using medicated contact lenses. I use a photocchromic glasess and due to the fact that my eye balls are thining, I don't use it often which is really deteriorating my sight. Am thinking of wearing contact lenses but I need to know the positive and negative sides so I can weigh my options. Thanks
lolz i think i understood wht u meant by 'ur eye balls re thinning'...contact lenses ain't bad as long as u pay attention to hygiene. you can discuss using it wit ur eye doc

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.