Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195517 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by noble4d(m): 3:22pm On May 18, 2018
optm:
ok. i find it wasteful instilling two drops as d cul-de-sac can't hold much as to taking two drops. it's better increasing frequency of instillation. i wouldn't change ur docs recommendation. if u keep experiencing such, go bk to him/her nd mk ur complaint. diff docs wit diff approach in handling cases. .... but i ll giv u a tip on hw best to use eye drops. Ensure u close ur eyes (not tightly) for smtime upon instilling ur drops so u dnt loose much( tru d lacrimal punctum) and hv it wrk for u. give it sm tym and i believe there ll b improvement else go bk to ur doc.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:26pm On May 18, 2018
noble4d:
Thanks
it's my pleasure
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by teeezy00: 8:51pm On Jun 09, 2018
Hello Dr, I have eye allergy n I do experience it during the rainy season, with these symptoms itchy, reddish, teary, sneezing. I was asked to use the antallerge eye drop Buh it helps only temporarily for like 10-20mins.
Please what can I do? Help me
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:17am On Jun 10, 2018
teeezy00:
Hello Dr, I have eye allergy n I do experience it during the rainy season, with these symptoms itchy, reddish, teary, sneezing. I was asked to use the antallerge eye drop Buh it helps only temporarily for like 10-20mins.
Please what can I do? Help me
how long have u been on d antallerge drop and how do u apply it?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by teeezy00: 7:43am On Jun 10, 2018
optm:
how long have u been on d antallerge drop and how do u apply it?
For about 3yrs now and I do apply it 3 times a day.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2018
teeezy00:

For about 3yrs now and I do apply it 3 times a day.
you are having what is termed seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. usually due to exposure to allergens that's peculiar to such seasons. if you are able to identify the allergen and avoid xposure , u ll be fine but this is hardly possible hence u ll have to rely on your antiallergic meds to help u through such seasons or when eva u re xposed. if the particular meds u were given doesn't help much , speak with your eye doc about it for a possible review . i hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by teeezy00: 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
optm:
you are having what is termed seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. usually due to exposure to allergens that's peculiar to such seasons. if you are able to identify the allergen and avoid xposure , u ll be fine but this is hardly possible hence u ll have to rely on your antiallergic meds to help u through such seasons or when eva u re xposed. if the particular meds u were given doesn't help much , speak with your eye doc about it for a possible review . i hope this helps
Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
teeezy00:
Thanks alot
it's my pleasure
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Fambum87(m): 7:31am On Jul 23, 2018
Good people, I need urgent advice. My dad just called me to inform me that he could not see again just over the night... Please, what is the way forward?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oxypress: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2018
Fambum87:
Good people, I need urgent advice. My dad just called me to inform me that he could not see again just over the night... Please, what is the way forward?
hbot and central retinal artery occlusion (crao):
If this is really true as you have said some people will call it stroke of the eyes and it is a serious condition that requires urgent action. The best treatment to restore his visual loss is hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot). Unfortunately I am out of the country and to return on August 10th, 2018. If you have more questions call or 'wassap' me. Read more by clicking on this reference:www.casereports.bmj.com/content/2017/bcr-2017-220113.full

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2018
Fambum87:
how's your dad's vision now? hope he got an emergency care ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by tonylaw07(m): 8:00am On Jul 25, 2018
Hello .
I wear eye glasses and I still have poor vision mostly when I am reading or writing. All the time I go for a lens change instead of having a positive change its worse.
Someone I have to close my eyes and open again before I can read clearly for few min.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
tonylaw07:
Hello .
I wear eye glasses and I still have poor vision mostly when I am reading or writing. All the time I go for a lens change instead of having a positive change its worse.
Someone I have to close my eyes and open again before I can read clearly for few min.
how old are you ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oluplus(m): 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2018
Pls help. I work with laptop most times. Then i started feeling pain in my right eyes which leads to head ache,. When this happens, I won't be able to look at any light ray, not even my phone, unless I dim it to the lowest. This happens like once in a week,. I went to an hospital and was given an eye glass, drugs and eye drop.

I'll say it'only worked for a while. I went back to the hospital, and they scanned the eye but still gave me drugs and eye drop, though, didnt tell me their findings.

Want to go back again to the hospital. The Doctors are Indians
Please what do you advise?
Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
oluplus:
Pls help. I work with laptop most times. Then i started feeling pain in my right eyes which leads to head ache,. When this happens, I won't be able to look at any light ray, not even my phone, unless I dim it to the lowest. This happens like once in a week,. I went to an hospital and was given an eye glass, drugs and eye drop.

I'll say it'only worked for a while. I went back to the hospital, and they scanned the eye but still gave me drugs and eye drop, though, didnt tell me their findings.

Want to go back again to the hospital. The Doctors are Indians
Please what do you advise?
Thanks
it's your right to know your diagnosis and what the drugs being given re for. When you go back, demand to know these. best wishes
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by tonylaw07(m): 9:19am On Jul 27, 2018
optm:
how old are you ?
38 years
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:51am On Jul 27, 2018
tonylaw07:

38 years
. you may likely be presbyopic ( an age related change in the eye that causes people to have difficulty in reading) . this may likely be the cause of your difficulty. as for the frequent change in your prescription, how often do u have to change it? there may be need to have you check your blood sugar and eye pressure. please go back to your eye doctor and discuss these issue with him. you'll be fine. cheers
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by curvist: 10:13am On Jul 27, 2018
Good day Dr, please i want to know effects/causes of Burr vision.
Always had to stren eyes to read with my systems
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:17am On Jul 27, 2018
curvist:
Good day Dr, please i want to know effects/causes of Burr vision.
Always had to stren eyes to read with my systems
Most likely a refractive error (needing glasses to help you see better). visit an eye doctor
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Excel70: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
Good day doc, I always feel pain, tiredness in my right eye accompanied with headache when reading from phones laptop and televisionbut it is not so when reading from a book what could be the solution to this problem
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
Excel70:
Good day doc, I always feel pain, tiredness in my right eye accompanied with headache when reading from phones laptop and televisionbut it is not so when reading from a book what could be the solution to this problem
you are most likely having a refractive error. you notice these symptoms more on your laptops nd phones because you likely spend much time on them than you do reading from hard copies. just make out time and see your doctor.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
Excel70:
you are most likely having a refractive error and would be needing glasses. you notice these symptoms more on your laptops nd phones because you likely spend much time on them than you do reading from hard copies. just make out time and see your doctor.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Fambum87(m): 7:11pm On Jul 28, 2018
[quote author=optm post=69674042]how's your dad's vision now? hope he got an emergency care ?[/quote

I took him to LASUTH and it was diagnosed that he might have Cataract and that they are going to remove it... Though we were given appointment to come Sept 7. He can see faintly during the day now... In the hospital, he can count fingers on the left eye but both eyes can see light]
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2018
[quote author=Fambum87 post=69786656][/quote]cataract would not cause sudden vision loss tho. good you guys sought professional care. i'm hopeful he'll be fine. best wishes
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Fambum87(m): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
optm:
cataract would not cause sudden vision loss tho. good you guys sought professional care. i'm hopeful he'll be fine. best wishes
Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
Fambum87:
Thanks
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by pascalbenz: 7:48am On Aug 02, 2018
Hello Doc, Particle From Filling Machine Entered My Left Eye And Stuck In The Pupil For Two Days Now Causing Me Pains How Do I Remove It, I'm Using Ofloxacin Eye Drop On It embarassedHello Doc, Particle From Filling Machine Entered My Left Eye And Stuck In The Pupil For Two Days Now Causing Me Pains How Do I Remove It, I'm Using Ofloxacin Eye Drop On It
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:21am On Aug 02, 2018
pascalbenz:
Hello Doc, Particle From Filling Machine Entered My Left Eye And Stuck In The Pupil For Two Days Now Causing Me Pains How Do I Remove It, I'm Using Ofloxacin Eye Drop On It embarassedHello Doc, Particle From Filling Machine Entered My Left Eye And Stuck In The Pupil For Two Days Now Causing Me Pains How Do I Remove It, I'm Using Ofloxacin Eye Drop On It
you can't remove it yourself. you should go to the eye clinic ASAP. I recommend you go today as more sight threatening complications can arise if not attended to. ofloxacin is just an antibiotic and it's not gonna be very helpful here.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by pascalbenz: 8:25am On Aug 02, 2018
optm:
you can't remove it yourself. you should go to the eye clinic ASAP. I recommend you go today as more sight threatening complications can arise if not attended to. ofloxacin is just an antibiotic and it's not gonna be very helpful here.
Okk Thanks Sory To Ask Like Aw Much Will It Cost Me
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:32am On Aug 02, 2018
pascalbenz:
Okk Thanks Sory To Ask Like Aw Much Will It Cost Me
the price vary as different clinics hv different prices but these are likely what you'll b paying for; registration/consult, foreign body removal procedure and drugs

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by pascalbenz: 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2018
optm:
the price vary as different clinics hv different prices but these are likely what you'll b paying for; registration/consult, foreign body removal procedure and drugs
Just Returning From The Medical Center I Went Straiht To There Eye Section Dey Removd The Foreign @ 2k Cost .. But I Can Still See A Dot On The Pupil And The Eye Is Heavy
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
pascalbenz:
Just Returning From The Medical Center I Went Straiht To There Eye Section Dey Removd The Foreign @ 2k Cost .. But I Can Still See A Dot On The Pupil And The Eye Is Heavy
ok you'll be fine stick to your docs recommendations and keep to your appointment if you were booked for a follow up visit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.