Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,475 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195442 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Lorayne(m): 7:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
optm:
ok you'll be fine stick to your docs recommendations and keep to your appointment if you were booked for a follow up visit.
boss, well done sir..
Got glasses from my doc and I've been using it for about a week now and I still see things a bit blurry, the vision has improved tho'( I only take the glasses off when I want to bathe or sleep) the vision in my right eye has improved but the vision in my left has improved just a little... the lens power of the left eye is -3 and the right is -2.25... is the prescription wrong? and must the vision in the two eyes be the same before I can see normal?... I'm a student and its hard to see the things written on the board
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
Lorayne:

boss, well done sir..
Got glasses from my doc and I've been using it for about a week now and I still see things a bit blurry, the vision has improved tho'( I only take the glasses off when I want to bathe or sleep) the vision in my right eye has improved but the vision in my left has improved just a little... the lens power of the left eye is -3 and the right is -2.25... is the prescription wrong? and must the vision in the two eyes be the same before I can see normal?... I'm a student and its hard to see the things written on the board
hi there, I think you may need to go back to your doc for a possible review of your prescription. he may also have an explanation for your not being able to see clearly with your prescription.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Lorayne(m): 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
optm:
hi there, I think you may need to go back to your doc for a possible review of your prescription. he may also have an explanation for your not being able to see clearly with your prescription.
if you give a wrong prescription do you guys charge for replacing them? cos I no get money for another set of glasses o
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:02am On Aug 20, 2018
Lorayne:

if you give a wrong prescription do you guys charge for replacing them? cos I no get money for another set of glasses o
no u ain't supposed to b charged as it ain't long u got dem.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by U1(m): 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2018
Deelola:
hello HooxJnr I had my surgery in February this year.yes,you need to have 650k.I use contact lenses instead of the usual thick eye glass.cheers

Hi! Saw your diary entry but not allowed to comment. I have a curious question: what's your line of work? Nothing more than pure curiosity here. Thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by HooxJnr(m): 9:25pm On Aug 20, 2018
U1:

Hi! Saw your diary entry but not allowed to comment. I have a curious question: what's your line of work? Nothing more than pure curiosity here . Thanks.
I am a teacher
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Fambum87(m): 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
[quote author=Fambum87 post=69786656][/quote]
please house, how much does cataract surgery cost... I tried a private house around ikeja, the prices are 350, 500, 750 and 1m for intraocular lens apart from operation charges, lab test and biometry... Has Anyone done cataract surgery Lately and is cheaper than this?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
Fambum87:

please house, how much does cataract surgery cost... I tried a private house around ikeja, the prices are 350, 500, 750 and 1m for intraocular lens apart from operation charges, lab test and biometry... Has Anyone done cataract surgery Lately and is cheaper than this?
are u very sure it's just cataract surgery?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Timothy3113(m): 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
optm:
are u very sure it's just cataract surgery?
Hello Doc,
I have been having severe pain in the eye, and headache after a long time use of gadgets with electronic light.
Whenever I start using a gadgets, with time my vision start getting blurr, and I thereby continue to strain my eye leading to pains and headache.

When I formally visited a hospital, they diagnosed me of short sightedness , but in the process of doing refraction, I couldn't focus and I started having headache. The nurse went to tell the doctor, so he asked Me to go for autoref.
After the autoref, and some refr test, they concluded I have astigmatism.

They said they can only give me glass no drugs

Me I don't want to use glass oo, my eyeball is big before, dont want it to become bigger
pls i want you to have a second look at the results maybe you can give another prognosis.

maybe eye drop and drug fit do the job.

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by groundforce(m): 9:25am On Aug 28, 2018
Please I need any good medical personnel or student that can paraphrase passages for a medical student in US (like an assignment). I'm willing to pay anyone, asap pls 09039621382
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
Timothy3113:
Hello Doc,
I have been having severe pain in the eye, and headache after a long time use of gadgets with electronic light.
Whenever I start using a gadgets, with time my vision start getting blurr, and I thereby continue to strain my eye leading to pains and headache.

When I formally visited a hospital, they diagnosed me of short sightedness , but in the process of doing refraction, I couldn't focus and I started having headache. The nurse went to tell the doctor, so he asked Me to go for autoref.
After the autoref, and some refr test, they concluded I have astigmatism.

They said they can only give me glass no drugs

Me I don't want to use glass oo, my eyeball is big before, dont want it to become bigger
pls i want you to have a second look at the results maybe you can give another prognosis.

maybe eye drop and drug fit do the job.
hi timothy. the result from your refraction reveals you are astigmatic and you'll have to use glasses. sorry there are no eye drops that can be used . upon use, u ll fall in love with your glasses. lol
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2018
atinuke1985:
Abeg hw I fit make ma eye whiter?...it's quite red! Wetin I fit apply or take to achieve whiter eye?
recommendation would be based of the cause of redness. I suggest u see an eye doc
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Timothy3113(m): 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2018
optm:
hi timothy. the result from your refraction reveals you are astigmatic and you'll have to use glasses. sorry there are no eye drops that can be used . upon use, u ll fall in love with your glasses. lol
cool sadcool

Sir will the glasses be forever, or it will correct my vision and I will stop using it in the long run??
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
Timothy3113:
cool sadcool

Sir will the glasses be forever, or it will correct my vision and I will stop using it in the long run??
you'll have to keep using glasses
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Lorayne(m): 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
optm:
ok you'll be fine stick to your docs recommendations and keep to your appointment if you were booked for a follow up visit.
boss, are glasses suppose to make you see as normal people do or does it take months before you can adjust to them?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2018
Lorayne:

boss, are glasses suppose to make you see as normal people do or does it take months before you can adjust to them?
glasses should make you see normally but at times pple find difficulty in adjusting to the concept of having to see through their glasses but this shouldn't take that long to get used to. are you having issues with your glasses?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Lorayne(m): 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2018
optm:
glasses should make you see normally but at times pple find difficulty in adjusting to the concept of having to see through their glasses but this shouldn't take that long to get used to. are you having issues with your glasses?
yea.. the sight has improved greatly but i cant still see normally.... though the doctor told me that glasses can only help my right eye.... does it have something to do with that?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2018
Lorayne:

yea.. the sight has improved greatly but i cant still see normally.... though the doctor told me that glasses can only help my right eye.... does it have something to do with that?
how do u mean, u can't see normally? did the doc diagnose any other condition that glasses couldn't help in?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Lorayne(m): 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2018
optm:
how do u mean, u can't see normally? did the doc diagnose any other condition that glasses couldn't help in?
i couldn't see clearly with my left eye all my life... and the doc said since i didnt start wearing glasses at a young age there is nothing ihe can do to correct the left eye(he is not the first to tell me that). i did some research and it seems like i have amblyopia
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2018
Lorayne:

i couldn't see clearly with my left eye all my life... and the doc said since i didnt start wearing glasses at a young age there is nothing ihe can do to correct the left eye(he is not the first to tell me that). i did some research and it seems like i have amblyopia
oh OK .so how about the right eye?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Lorayne(m): 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2018
optm:
oh OK .so how about the right eye?
he said the right eye can be helped.... but the glasses he gave me its not making me see as clear as people with normal sight... do i need the left eye to function well before i can see clearly?... cant see the board unless i'm sitting at the front seat
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2018
Lorayne:

he said the right eye can be helped.... but the glasses he gave me its not making me see as clear as people with normal sight... do i need the left eye to function well before i can see clearly?... cant see the board unless i'm sitting at the front seat
oh now i understand you better. you may not be getting standard vision because of the state of your eyes. although the right eye was helped to see better with glasses, but yet couldn't get u optimum vision. Sorry dear just try adjust to living with what you are having and use your glasses regularly
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Lorayne(m): 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2018
optm:
oh now i understand you better. you may not be getting standard vision because of the state of your eyes. although the right eye was helped to see better with glasses, but yet couldn't get u optimum vision. Sorry dear just try adjust to living with what you are having and use your glasses regularly
chai.... in other words the sight no fit improve be that?.... thanks for ya help.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2018
Lorayne:

chai.... in other words the sight no fit improve be that?.... thanks for ya help.
yea .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by lordpherow98(m): 9:15am On Sep 11, 2018
Thanks for the good work OP
I just came across this thread now

Back in 2009, SS1 days I noticed I could no longer view writings on the board clearly while sitting at the middle or back of the class. Before then I have always been a back bencher. It just started suddenly, no pains, no itching, just blurry visions. I didn't take it seriously.

It continued like that till my university days and I refused seeing an eye doc as I never wanted anything to do with lenses, just dark shades.

Fast forward to present day, it's all still the same. I have to sit a bit close to the TV screen to view clearly. I can't read sign boards from a distance unless it's writing boldly. The worst of it all now is that I can't see faces clearly from a distance, People come begin vex say I nor dey like Hala dem, not knowing that I don't see their faces clearly. Sometimes I have to recognize you from the way you move and your body structure.
NOTE: No pains, no itching, no nothing. Just blurry visions
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:18pm On Sep 11, 2018
lordpherow98:
Thanks for the good work OP
I just came across this thread now

Back in 2009, SS1 days I noticed I could no longer view writings on the board clearly while sitting at the middle or back of the class. Before then I have always been a back bencher. It just started suddenly, no pains, no itching, just blurry visions. I didn't take it seriously.

It continued like that till my university days and I refused seeing an eye doc as I never wanted anything to do with lenses, just dark shades.

Fast forward to present day, it's all still the same. I have to sit a bit close to the TV screen to view clearly. I can't read sign boards from a distance unless it's writing boldly. The worst of it all now is that I can't see faces clearly from a distance, People come begin vex say I nor dey like Hala dem, not knowing that I don't see their faces clearly. Sometimes I have to recognize you from the way you move and your body structure.
NOTE: No pains, no itching, no nothing. Just blurry visions
hi there. it's very important you make an appointment with an eye doctor for an eye exam. delays like this could be dangerous .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by lordpherow98(m): 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
optm:
hi there. it's very important you make an appointment with an eye doctor for an eye exam. delays like this could be dangerous .

I'll see one soon. I just hope it's not that eye ulcer I've been reading about.. My parents use glasses too, so maybe it's hereditary.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Davidospy: 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
angry grin grin
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2018
lordpherow98:

I'll see one soon. I just hope it's not that eye ulcer I've been reading about.. My parents use glasses too, so maybe it's hereditary.
lolz . it isn't an eye ulcer . good u'll be seeing one soon

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2018
Pls my eyes have been itching me for over a year and six months now. I have tried series of medications eye drops and ointment prescribe by optician yet no change.pls help

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.