Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (196174 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:21pm On Feb 11, 2020
Firelordozai:
Dear Optm,

Please I'm looking to get an antiglare and photochromic glass (non prescription glasses). How much should I be budgeting. Thanks
hi dear, different clinics have different prices even for same service . The price is clinic dependent as charges isn't commodity based . I'll advise you visit clinics around you to find the cost and then you decide which you would use.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nrsprisca: 10:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
Hi Doc Good evening,please I need ur advice, I have been experiencing this ache from my right eye for over three weeks now, at times it comes with a headache and I notice that it gets worse whenever I'm using my phone(although I reduced the phone brightness to the lowest) ,system,seeing any bright colour at times walking under the sun can trigger the ache, although I visited a government hospital about a year ago and the doctor told me that it's just strain that I should watch my reading light but I don't read much now and the ache is at times excruciating,and my left eye can be itchy for Africa,sometimes when I wake up my eyes will be reddish in colour.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nrsprisca: 10:50pm On Feb 18, 2020
optm:
hi dear, different clinics have different prices even for same service . The price is clinic dependent as charges isn't commodity based . I'll advise you visit clinics around you to find the cost and then you decide which you would use.
Nrsprisca:
Hi Doc Good evening,please I need ur advice, I have been experiencing this ache from my right eye for over three weeks now, at times it comes with a headache and I notice that it gets worse whenever I'm using my phone(although I reduced the phone brightness to the lowest) ,system,seeing any bright colour at times walking under the sun can trigger the ache, although I visited a government hospital about a year ago and the doctor told me that it's just strain that I should watch my reading light but I don't read much now and the ache is at times excruciating,and my left eye can be itchy for Africa,sometimes when I wake up my eyes will be reddish in colour.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:44am On Feb 19, 2020
[quote author=Nrsprisca post=86768013][/quote]hi dear sorry about what you are going through. Your issue may be caused by a number of things which would demand an eye exam to unravel. It could be just simple refractive error or you probably abraid your cornea from your vigorious itching or just any other thing outside these mentioned which would be revealed in the course of having an eye exam . I advise you visit a good eye clinic around you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by yemiprogress(m): 1:36pm On Feb 22, 2020
Hello doctor

I just visited an eye clinic for examination. The symptoms are cloudy eye,eye strain , extreme sensitivity to light ( I can not comfortably open eyes under sun). At the end , after very extensive tests from different international machines ,the doctor concluded my issue to be " refractive error".
My eyes were dilated and I was given an eye drop (Drucamid eye drop) to use . The doctor instructed me to check back on Wednesday for further test and recommendation(s).

My question: with the look of things , it seems the doctor plans to recommend corrective glasses for me during our next meeting. Can corrective glasses PERMANENTLY cure refractive error?

I humbly wait for your answer/response. Thank you.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Diiiamoond: 5:26pm On Feb 22, 2020
I have been having blurred vision and headaches
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:40pm On Feb 22, 2020
yemiprogress:
Hello doctor

I just visited an eye clinic for examination. The symptoms are cloudy eye,eye strain , extreme sensitivity to light ( I can not comfortably open eyes under sun). At the end , after very extensive tests from different international machines ,the doctor concluded my issue to be " refractive error".
My eyes were dilated and I was given an eye drop (Drucamid eye drop) to use . The doctor instructed me to check back on Wednesday for further test and recommendation(s).

My question: with the look of things , it seems the doctor plans to recommend corrective glasses for me during our next meeting. Can corrective glasses PERMANENTLY cure refractive error?

I humbly wait for your answer/response. Thank you.
it doesn't cure it. You'll have to be using your glasses to manage your symptoms
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:41pm On Feb 22, 2020
Diiiamoond:
I have been having blurred vision and headaches
you should see an eye doc ASAP .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by yemiprogress(m): 7:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
optm:
it doesn't cure it. You'll have to be using your glasses to manage your symptoms

Many thanks sir. This makes me feel sad .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2020
yemiprogress:

Many thanks sir. This makes me feel sad .
you do not have to feel bad about it. Glasses are not bad aids. I use aswell . You should be glad there's something to help your condition. Many are not as lucky as you are ; having the option of using glasses.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Edoblakky(m): 2:45am On Feb 23, 2020
Besides operation, how do I get rid of the pterygia in my eyes? I feel very uncomfortable with operating my eyes. Any advice doctor?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nrsprisca: 7:07am On Feb 23, 2020
optm:
hi dear sorry about what you are going through. Your issue may be caused by a number of things which would demand an eye exam to unravel. It could be just simple refractive error or you probably abraid your cornea from your vigorious itching or just any other thing outside these mentioned which would be revealed in the course of having an eye exam . I advise you visit a good eye clinic around you
Thanks I appreciate
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
Nrsprisca:
Thanks I appreciate
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
Edoblakky:
Besides operation, how do I get rid of the pterygia in my eyes? I feel very uncomfortable with operating my eyes. Any advice doctor?
surgical excision is the only option to get it off your eyes. You may want to leave it as it doesnt pose a threat to your vision unless in some not so common instances.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by yemiprogress(m): 5:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
I'll
optm:
you do not have to feel bad about it. Glasses are not bad aids. I use aswell . You should be glad there's something to help your condition. Many are not as lucky as you are ; having the option of using glasses.

Thank you very much. I went back today . The doctor has recommended photochromic glass for me.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Excel70: 6:25pm On Feb 26, 2020
Is a patient with refractive error of 0.5 advise to use glasses Dr opt
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
yemiprogress:
I'll

Thank you very much. I went back today . The doctor has recommended photochromic glass for me.
that's nice. I hope u get to like them wink
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
Excel70:
Is a patient with refractive error of 0.5 advise to use glasses Dr opt
yes of course
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Excel70: 7:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
optm:
yes of course
Are glasses that can correct refractive error less than that available.g 0.4,0.3,0.2 0.1 available? Or 0.5 is the least possible
Secondly is it possible to have a glass with anti reflective glare only and not correcting any refractive error?
I am sorry for the numerous questions Dr optm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
Excel70:

Are glasses that can correct refractive error less than that available.g 0.4,0.3,0.2 0.1 available? Or 0.5 is the least possible
Secondly is it possible to have a glass with anti reflective glare only and not correcting any refractive error?
I am sorry for the numerous questions Dr optm
0.25 is the least, and then 0.50, 0.75, 1, 1.25 , 1.50 ...... it continues in that order
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Excel70: 7:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
optm:
0.25 is the least, and then 0.50, 0.75, 1, 1.25 , 1.50 ...... it continues in that order
The second question?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
Excel70:

The second question?
yes it is very possible and recommeded at times
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Excel70: 7:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
optm:
yes it is very possible and recommeded at times
Thank you very much
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
Excel70:

Thank you very much
it's my pleasure
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by pinkvirus: 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
good doc,pls I was told I have astigmatism and I was given a glass.but doc is just like my normal eye just DAT my eyes feel relaxed wen am reading and walking. y is it like my normal eye .d diff I noticed is DAT wen I look at things with my normal eye is down but with d glasses is raised up.wat does DAT mean
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
pinkvirus:
good doc,pls I was told I have astigmatism and I was given a glass.but doc is just like my normal eye just DAT my eyes feel relaxed wen am reading and walking. y is it like my normal eye .d diff I noticed is DAT wen I look at things with my normal eye is down but with d glasses is raised up.wat does DAT mean
most probably, your astigmatism isnt high but nevertheless, Your eyes are being stressed to see things clearly because of the atigmatism hence with your glasses correcting the astigmatism, your eyes are more relaxed.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Comzzy(m): 10:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
Thank you very much drsteroid and jauntty for this thread. Pls one question I really need a sincere answer to is this. Please what are the limitations of scraping with grafting? I have been advised to do it, I order to get rid of teregion but I need to knw if people have done this without any aftermath side effect and I want to knw more about it before embarking on it.
Please I will really appreciate your reply on this.
Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by pinkvirus: 3:10am On Feb 27, 2020
optm:
most probably, your astigmatism isnt high but nevertheless, Your eyes are being stressed to see things clearly because of the atigmatism hence with your glasses correcting the astigmatism, your eyes are more relaxed.

thanks u sir.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:00am On Feb 27, 2020
pinkvirus:

thanks u sir.
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:03am On Feb 27, 2020
Comzzy:
Thank you very much drsteroid and jauntty for this thread. Pls one question I really need a sincere answer to is this. Please what are the limitations of scraping with grafting? I have been advised to do it, I order to get rid of teregion but I need to knw if people have done this without any aftermath side effect and I want to knw more about it before embarking on it.
Please I will really appreciate your reply on this.
Thanks
after pterygium excision, there's a possibility the pterygium would grow back over time. grafting actually reduces the chance of regrowth happening.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Comzzy(m): 11:18am On Feb 27, 2020
Thanks doctor for your reponse, I appreciate.
My fear is, if this scraping with grafting does not affect once vision after this surgery?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:16pm On Feb 27, 2020
Comzzy:
Thanks doctor for your reponse, I appreciate.
My fear is, if this scraping with grafting does not affect once vision after this surgery?
it shouldnt

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.