Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (194569 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:46am On Apr 20, 2020
Coolgent:

Thanks a lot
uwlcm

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Chiefupper: 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Good day doctor, I have been having serious pain in my eyes every time I stare at my phone for about 30 minutes and when it is up to about an hour, it will lead to serious headache, this has been going on for like 10 years now. When I visited hospital about a year ago, I was only given glass after asking whether it does produce water or not which I said no. I have not see much difference using the glass so I want you to advise me on this. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by sucre: 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hello Dr. Please whenever I step outside I notice that my visions are not clear. As in when I look at someone it's blurry,the face is not really clear to me except I get very very close to the person.
2. My eyes do itches me at times one side will get red.note I started using glasses from 2016
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
Chiefupper:
Good day doctor, I have been having serious pain in my eyes every time I stare at my phone for about 30 minutes and when it is up to about an hour, it will lead to serious headache, this has been going on for like 10 years now. When I visited hospital about a year ago, I was only given glass after asking whether it does produce water or not which I said no. I have not see much difference using the glass so I want you to advise me on this. Thanks
do you feel the aches when you put on your glasses ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
sucre:
Hello Dr. Please whenever I step outside I notice that my visions are not clear. As in when I look at someone it's blurry,the face is not really clear to me except I get very very close to the person.
2. My eyes do itches me at times one side will get red.note I started using glasses from 2016
you should review your lens prescription as it ought be reviewed every 2 years .while at this , if there's something else that might be responsible aside your glasses, i'm sure your doc would find out . As for the itching , you'll be given an eye drop for that when you visit your eye doc . Regards
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Chiefupper: 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
optm:
do you feel the aches when you put on your glasses ?
The problem with the glass is that I can't use it for closer objects e.g viewing closer person or to read text on the phone or book, so I always remove it most times
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:21am On Apr 25, 2020
Chiefupper:

The problem with the glass is that I can't use it for closer objects e.g viewing closer person or to read text on the phone or book, so I always remove it most times
you are probably not using the correct lense prescription. Pls check in a good eye clinic for a re examination
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Chiefupper: 7:58pm On Apr 25, 2020
optm:
you are probably not using the correct lense prescription. Pls check in a good eye clinic for a re examination
OK, thanks for your advice
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Mizsuccess2018(f): 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
Good evening sir, I have a tiny pimples around my eyeylid which has been there few years back, I wasn't really bothered until recently, the tiny pimples escalated, frequent itchy,i went into details on Google,I got the name eyelids dermatitis, I even tried searching for the home remedy, I tried using aloe vera and cucumber but no result,can you please tell me the treatment in getting rid of it. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:58am On Apr 26, 2020
Chiefupper:

OK, thanks for your advice
the pleasure is mine
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:01am On Apr 26, 2020
Mizsuccess2018:
Good evening sir, I have a tiny pimples around my eyeylid which has been there few years back, I wasn't really bothered until recently, the tiny pimples escalated, frequent itchy,i went into details on Google,I got the name eyelids dermatitis, I even tried searching for the home remedy, I tried using aloe vera and cucumber but no result,can you please tell me the treatment in getting rid of it. Thanks
do u mind sharing a pic so i have an idea of what it looks like?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by fearless247: 2:21am On Apr 26, 2020
Please Doctor,
Does insomnia affect the eyes?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Mizsuccess2018(f): 6:16am On Apr 26, 2020
optm:
do u mind sharing a pic so i have an idea of what it looks like?

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:41am On Apr 26, 2020
[quote author=Mizsuccess2018 post=88861052][/quote] hi , i do not mean a google pic; but what yours look like. Anyways, if u think you are having an eye lid dermatitis by self diagnosis, the management is investigating the likely cause and treating accordingly and steroidal drugs are used too. I'm sorry i cannot prescribe online without examining you and having a good knowledge of your case history.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by eleko1: 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2020
Hello.Good day.Is there any drug I can take to cure blurred vision.i’ll appreciate ur kind reply
optm:
hi , i do not mean a google pic but what your look like. Anyways if u think you are having an eye lid dermatitis by self diagnosis, the management is investigating the likely cause and treating accordingly and steroidal drugs are used too. I'm sorry i cannot prescribe online without examining you and having a good knowledge of your case history.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:13am On Apr 27, 2020
eleko1:
Hello.Good day.Is there any drug I can take to cure blurred vision.i’ll appreciate ur kind reply
hi there. The cause of d blurryness determines the treatment approach. i cant tell if drug can help u unless the cause is ascertained
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by johnkay1(m): 6:47am On Apr 27, 2020
Hello

Can blindness due to glaucoma be reversed
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:45pm On Apr 27, 2020
johnkay1:
Hello

Can blindness due to glaucoma be reversed
it cannot be reversed. Early detection and management is key
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by fearless247: 11:23pm On Apr 27, 2020
fearless247:
Please Doctor,
Does insomnia affect the eyes?

Doctor, you have not responded this my question.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2020
fearless247:

Doctor, you have not responded this my question.
sorry i did not get to see your question in time. I could miss them if i do not get to be mentioned . Yes sleep deprivation could affect your eyes in some way as sleeping is a way your eye gets to rest. Depriving your eyes rest could cause your eyes to be tired causing eye spasms/twitching , your eyes could feel dry and itchy, having eyebags/ dark circles around d eyes. you should seek professional help for your insomnia
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by fearless247: 11:54am On Apr 28, 2020
optm:
sorry i did not get to see your question in time. I could miss them if i do not get to be mentioned . Yes sleep deprivation could affect your eyes in some way as sleeping is a way your eye gets to rest. Depriving your eyes rest could cause your eyes to be tired causing eye spasms/twitching , your eyes could feel dry and itchy, having eyebags/ dark circles around d eyes. you should seek professional help for your insomnia

Thank you Doctor.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
fearless247:

Thank you Doctor.
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by hardeynhiyhi: 11:23am On Apr 29, 2020
Hello Doctor, good morning sir, I'm 24 years old, will be 25 in September, but I've been suffering from lazy eyeball on my right-hand side eye, I've been experiencing this right from cradle, and I just I need to do something about it soon because I'm not happy about it, I want you to advice me on what to do. Is it still possible to get it corrected? And at what price range can this been done in a government and private hospital respectively so that I'll know what is at stake... Thank you sir as I expect you kind reply
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by hardeynhiyhi: 11:25am On Apr 29, 2020
hardeynhiyhi:
Hello Doctor, good morning sir, I'm 24 years old, will be 25 in September, but I've been suffering from lazy eyeball on my right-hand side eye, I've been experiencing this right from cradle, and I just I need to do something about it soon because I'm not happy about it, I want you to advice me on what to do. Is it still possible to get it corrected? And at what price range can this been done in a government and private hospital respectively so that I'll know what is at stake... Thank you sir as I expect you kind reply

@optm

optm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 11:28am On Apr 29, 2020
hardeynhiyhi:
are you talking about lazy eye (amblyopia) or strabismus ( half past eye )
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by hardeynhiyhi: 11:59am On Apr 29, 2020
optm:
are you talking about lazy eye (amblyopia) or strabismus ( half past eye )

I really don't know which one, but anytime I'm focusing at someone, the person normally feel that I'm looking at someone else. So most times I prefer avoiding eyes contact while discussing with someone
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:44pm On Apr 29, 2020
hardeynhiyhi:

I really don't know which one, but anytime I'm focusing at someone, the person normally feel that I'm looking at someone else. So most times I prefer avoiding eyes contact while discussing with someone
hi I really empathize with you knowing how this might have affected your self esteem but i think it's quite late at this point in wanting to do something about it; as surgery at this time, may cause you to have visual problems like seeing things double (diplopia). Strabismus management is kinda complex. You could seek the expertise of an orthoptist that would carry out some tests on you and counsel based on his findings and expertise if surgery is an option here But I doubt. For now, I suggest you use tinted lenses so it doesn't appear too obvious to onlookers .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by hardeynhiyhi: 4:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
optm:
hi I really empathize with you knowing how this might have affected your self esteem but i think it's quite late at this point in wanting to do something about it; as surgery at this time, may cause you to have visual problems like seeing things double (diplopia). Strabismus management is kinda complex. You could seek the expertise of an orthoptist that would carry out some tests on you and counsel based on his findings and expertise if surgery is an option here But I doubt. For now, I suggest you use tinted lenses so it doesn't appear too obvious to onlookers .

Thank you sir
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
hardeynhiyhi:

Thank you sir
the pleasure is mine
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by adusco(m): 3:10pm On May 06, 2020
@optm Good day doc. I did a test for glaucoma late last year and was told to be using timolol and hydroxypropyl eye drops, I have notreally BN a ble to see any difference. My eyes especially the right eye feels heavy at times. I was like to share the last test I did with you if necessary. Thank you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:51pm On May 06, 2020
adusco:
@optm Good day doc. I did a test for glaucoma late last year and was told to be using timolol and hydroxypropyl eye drops, I have notreally BN a ble to see any difference. My eyes especially the right eye feels heavy at times. I was like to share the last test I did with you if necessary. Thank you
Good day to you . What were the tests done ? What was your eye pressure reading at the time you were diagnosed and what was the reading the last time you checked and how long has it been since you checked ? Have you been regular with the application of your eye drops ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by adusco(m): 10:40pm On May 06, 2020
optm:
Good day to you . What were the tests done ? What was your eye pressure reading at the time you were diagnosed and what was the reading the last time you checked and how long has it been since you checked ? Have you been regular with the application of your eye drops ?

According to the doctor, the pressure was fine not bad, the last time I checked was last year August/September .I have BN using it regularly, here are the test attached.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.