Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195803 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by yemiprogress(m): 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
Happy Sunday ,doctor. Apologies for being too curious and for disturbing you.

I earlier informed you that my doctor had recommended photochromic glass for me . The cost according to the clinic was #17000,and that I would only get it in two-three week time because they would have to order for it from somewhere too.

I felt overburdened by the cost ,for my present financial limitations. This made me to search for photochromic glass on Jumia- I eventually saw one with a cost of about #8000.

Sir, my question now is " Will there own make any difference from what I can get online (on Jumia). I am too broke now to afford #17000. The eye clinic is a private one .

Your advice is genuinely needed .May God continue to bless you.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oxypressPlus: 3:14am On Mar 02, 2020
Comzzy:
Thank you very much drsteroid and jauntty for this thread. Pls one question I really need a sincere answer to is this. Please what are the limitations of scraping with grafting? I have been advised to do it, I order to get rid of teregion but I need to knw if people have done this without any aftermath side effect and I want to knw more about it before embarking on it.
Please I will really appreciate your reply on this.
Thanks

hbot pterigium recurrence Preventing recurrence of pterigium surgery is as simple as ABC.

Every surgery leaves behind a scar. To prevent or minimis scar formation doctors in developed countries refer patients to hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot) units.
Adding hbot to treatment eliminates eliminates post surgical inflammation, reduces healing time. Superior healing process with hbot discourages scar tissue formation. In pterigium incision and grafting hbot can definitely prevent
a recurrence.

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Use-of-adjuvant-hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-to-limbal-Assaad-Chong/1be8488f698a3d4a98a7c7e7301ebc47b436713f

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20847683-use-of-adjuvant-hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-to-support-limbal-conjunctival-graft-in-the-management-of-recurrent-pterygium/
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:27am On Mar 02, 2020
yemiprogress:
Happy Sunday ,doctor. Apologies for being too curious and for disturbing you.

I earlier informed you that my doctor had recommended photochromic glass for me . The cost according to the clinic was #17000,and that I would only get it in two-three week time because they would have to order for it from somewhere too.

I felt overburdened by the cost ,for my present financial limitations. This made me to search for photochromic glass on Jumia- I eventually saw one with a cost of about #8000.

Sir, my question now is " Will there own make any difference from what I can get online (on Jumia). I am too broke now to afford #17000. The eye clinic is a private one .

Your advice is genuinely needed .May God continue to bless you.
that the clinic is offering you may likely have your lense prescription incorporated and this makes a whole lot of difference in addressing your issue. If you aint having any associated refractive error, then that you are getting from jumia could help.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by yemiprogress(m): 9:42am On Mar 02, 2020
optm:
that the clinic is offering you may likely have your lense prescription incorporated and this makes a whole lot of difference in addressing your issue. If you aint having any associated refractive error, then that you are getting from jumia could help.

Thanks for the clarification. God bless you more.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by QueenBee1995: 10:45am On Mar 02, 2020
dear doctor, I have this eye issue since childhood where my eye is always swollen and puffy esp around the undereye area and the upper lid area, it is usually excessively swollen when I just wake up from sleep, it continues like that throughout the day. pls what exactly is wrong with my eyes and what can I do about it? thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:57am On Mar 02, 2020
yemiprogress:

Thanks for the clarification. Gos bless you more.
it's my pleasure. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 11:03am On Mar 02, 2020
QueenBee1995:
dear doctor, I have this eye issue since childhood where my eye is always swollen and puffy esp around the undereye area and the upper lid area, it is usually excessively swollen when I just wake up from sleep, it continues like that throughout the day. pls what exactly is wrong with my eyes and what can I do about it? thanks
how old are you if u do not mind answering?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by QueenBee1995: 11:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
optm:
how old are you if u do not mind answering?

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 03, 2020
Dear optm. My sister can't see far objects with her right eye (she said objects are blurry except they are very close), and she started seeing floaters with the same eye.

A doctor recommended glasses for the blurry vision and antioxidants for the floaters.

How long can she use the antioxidants for and is there any eye drops you can prescribe for the blurry vision?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:08am On Mar 03, 2020
QueenBee1995:

how many hours do u get to sleep ? Do u experience similar swelling in any other part of ur body? Can you share a pic it if u wldnt mind ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:10am On Mar 03, 2020
tosintomi:
Dear optm. My sister can't see far objects with her right eye (she said objects are blurry except they are very close), and she started seeing floaters with the same eye.

A doctor recommended glasses for the blurry vision and antioxidants for the floaters.

How long can she use the antioxidants for and is there any eye drops you can prescribe for the blurry vision?
how old is your sister? Did the glasses she was given help to improve vision in that eye?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 03, 2020
32years. She said her vision has improved and the antioxidants helped to reduce the floaters. Does she need to continue the antioxidants and can you prescribe eyedrops to support what she is using?
optm:
how old is your sister? Did the glasses she was given help to improve vision in that eye?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:15am On Mar 03, 2020
tosintomi:
32years. She said her vision has improved and the antioxidants helped to reduce the floaters. Does she need to continue the antioxidants and can you prescribe eyedrops to support what she is using?
how long has the floaters been? Any Associated experience of light flash in that eye? Well there are no drugs for floaters . The major issue is addressing the cause of the floaters and there are quite a number of things that could be the cause of the floaters. Did her doc not give any explanation fr the likely cause of her floaters? there are times one can be advised to learn to ignore the floaters especially when it's due to vitreous liquifaction (associated with ageing) and in the developed world , they use laser in addressing such. To the best of my knowledge, there are yet no effective drugs in addressing floaters. Antioxidants are good for eye health. She shld continue with the antioxidants and if it helps to reduce the floaters, that would be good else she should report her concerns to her doc for them to be addressed
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2020
According to her, the floaters started last year December and no associated experience of light flash.
optm:
how long has the floaters been? Any Associated experience of light flash in that eye? Well there are no drugs for floaters . The major issue is addressing the cause of the floaters and there are quite a number of things that could be the cause of the floaters. Did her doc not give any explanation fr the likely cause of her floaters? there are times one can be advised to learn to ignore the floaters especially when it's due to vitreous liquifaction (associated with ageing) and in the developed world , they use laser in addressing such. To the best of my knowledge, there are yet no effective drugs in addressing floaters. Antioxidants are good for eye health. She shld continue with the antioxidants and if it helps to reduce the floaters, that would be good else she should report her concerns to her doc for them to be addressed
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:02pm On Mar 03, 2020
tosintomi:
According to her, the floaters started last year December and no associated experience of light flash.
I ll advise; let her stick to her docs recommendations since he/she examined her and deemed it fit to manage her that way. If she isn't getting better, she could let her doc know about her concerns or seek a second opinion elsewhere.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by QueenBee1995: 1:47pm On Mar 04, 2020
optm:
how many hours do u get to sleep ? Do u experience similar swelling in any other part of ur body? Can you share a pic it if u wldnt mind ?

no other swelling, just the areas surrounding my eyes, I sleep well enough, 8hrs. am sorry, might not be able to share pics here.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:46pm On Mar 04, 2020
QueenBee1995:

no other swelling, just the areas surrounding my eyes, I sleep well enough, 8hrs. am sorry, might not be able to share pics here.
it's ok. Just try visit your eye doc for an assessment .

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by gbengaoyeladun(m): 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2020
Hello sir, last year I do fell like something is moving around my lower eye part....I talk to one nurse she said that it may be worm that I should take worm expellant... Sir I took the worm drug but after like two month I can perceived the moving of a object on my eye again......although I have not taken the worm drug in my life before..am 30 now
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
gbengaoyeladun:
Hello sir, last year I do fell like something is moving around my lower eye part....I talk to one nurse she said that it may be worm that I should take worm expellant... Sir I took the worm drug but after like two month I can perceived the moving of a object on my eye again......although I have not taken the worm drug in my life before..am 30 now
could be loa loa . Pls visit an eye clinic for management
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Coolgent(m): 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2020
drsteroid:
I am an Eye doctor, I discovered through clinical experience that most Patients don't really know about some basic things and problems affecting the eyesn and these has led to simple eye problems being seen as complicated and frightening to most patients and they don't really know how to go about it. There are some eye problems that are hereditary,which requires normal routine eye examinations but due to ignorance most patients tend to lose their sight to eye problems that could have been prevented. I want to use this opportunity to enlighten us and provide solutions to problems affecting the eyes,in line with WHO Vision 2020-Right to sight for all, so all questions concerning the eyes are welcomed
Weldone Dr.
Pls what is the cost of retinal detachment surgery?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Lanry1(m): 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2020
Good day optm,
I'm always on laptop and phone for the past two months, my eyes have started giving me sign. I am unable to see things clearly again unlike before. Please, which medicine or drugs can i use?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lanry1:
Good day optm,
I'm always on laptop and phone for the past two months, my eyes have started giving me sign. I am unable to see things clearly again unlike before. Please, which medicine or drugs can i use?
hi i would like to know at what distance cant you see clearly? Does clarity of objects depend on the distance they are from you ? Would also like to know your age if you do not mind; do you experience any other symptom aside your not seeing clearly ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
Coolgent:

Weldone Dr.
prices vary, finding out from a clinic that offers such services would have been the best approach. Anyways , i hope you have had it sorted as such condition ought to be handled urgently for sight to be restored
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by val15: 10:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
Following
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Lanry1(m): 8:19am On Apr 19, 2020
optm:
hi i would like to know at what distance cant you see clearly? Does clarity of objects depend on the distance they are from you ? Would also like to know your age if you do not mind; do you experience any other symptom aside your not seeing clearly ?
The clarity of object depends on the distance.
I did not experience any other symptom apart from that.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:42am On Apr 19, 2020
Lanry1:

The clarity of object depends on the distance. My age is 22.
I did not experience any other symptom apart from that.
hi, i suspect u re having a refractive error and might be needing prescription glasses. Do well to make an appointment with an eye doc for an eye exam.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Lanry1(m): 9:07am On Apr 19, 2020
optm:
hi, i suspect u re having a refractive error and might be needing prescription glasses. Do well to make an appointment with an eye doc for an eye exam.
Ok. Thank you very much
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:21am On Apr 19, 2020
Lanry1:

Ok. Thank you very much
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Coolgent(m): 11:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
optm:
prices vary, finding out from a clinic that offers such services would have been the best approach. Anyways , i hope you have had it sorted as such condition ought to be handled urgently for sight to be restored
Okay i got quotation from Fortis Hospital New Delhi (7000 dollars excluding return tickets)
But based on my discussion with a friend National Eye Center Kaduna can do it cheaply and its same procedure.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:02am On Apr 20, 2020
Coolgent:

Okay i got quotation from Fortis Hospital New Delhi (7000 dollars excluding return tickets)
But based on my discussion with a friend National Eye Center Kaduna can do it cheaply and its same procedure.
. Well , i suggest u discuss with the surgeon on the need to go ahead with the surgery at this point probably to prevent further worsening of d detachment. The surgeon would be in a better position to counsel . at this point , i do not think much can be done to restore or improve vision as it should have been done long before now . Good luck
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oxypressPlus: 2:21am On Apr 20, 2020
Coolgent:

Weldone Dr.
hbot for retinal detachment: While the patient awaits surgery the best thing to do is to go for hyperbaric oxygen therapy -hbot to keep the retinal tissue viable and reduce damage.
https://www.news.ucsb.edu/1999/011255/oxygen-reduces-effects-retinal-detachment

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Coolgent(m): 6:51am On Apr 20, 2020
optm:
. Well , i suggest u discuss with the surgeon on the need to go ahead with the surgery at this point probably to prevent further worsening of d detachment. The surgeon would be in a better position to counsel . at this point , i do not think much can be done to restore or improve vision as it should have been done long before now . Good luck
Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.