Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,729 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195101 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by AceGod: 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
drsteroid:
I

I woke up feeling like there’s a tiny stone in my eye, after hours of trying to get rid of it I realized there’s nothing in my eyes but the feeling like something is in my eye still persists and has caused unnecessary tears from my left eye….pls any solution?
It’s really uncomfortable I bought one chloramphenicol but I’m scared to use it I don’t want to lose one eye

The vision on the eye is already very foggy/blurry plsss help!!!
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
Antiochus:
Good day Doc
My Duosopt eyedrop is scarce in this area but i found this one called Misopt. Please should i buy it below is the screenshot of Duosopt and the new Misopt

Cc: optm
yes go ahead

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
AceGod:

I woke up feeling like there’s a tiny stone in my eye, after hours of trying to get rid of it I realized there’s nothing in my eyes but the feeling like something is in my eye still persists and has caused unnecessary tears from my left eye….pls any solution?
It’s really uncomfortable I bought one chloramphenicol but I’m scared to use it I don’t want to lose one eye

well, sometimes, by self examination, we may not be able to see a foreign body. Sometimes, they could be trapped in areas we are not able to maneuver ourselves to examine. There are quite a number of reasons you could be having a foreign body sensation even in the absence of an actual foreign body. I'll advise you check to ensure your eye lashes are not rubbing on your eye ball, then , get sachet water and punture in it a small opening and ask someone to help irrigate the eye ensuring you irrigate beneath the upper eye lid . If you could turn inside out the upper lid , that would be great too. If these doesn't help, visit an eye clinic ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Holdis110: 10:21am On Dec 10, 2021
WHAT IS OMICRON VARIANT
Omicron variant is a variant that causes COVID-19 virus.
Omicron variant emerged due to mutuatios in the genetic structure. Omicron variant is the common name while the technical name is B.1.1.529 variant.
B.1.1.529 was labelled by the WHO as a variant under monitoring (VUM) as this category of variant may not have higher risk of infection. It was named omicron when it was classified as variant of concern (VOC) and highly contagious.
In late 2021, omicron variant became well known due to its wide spread in international countries. United States restricted the travel from South Africa in order to limit the spread of the variant.
The B.1.1.529 was first reported to WHO from South Africa on 24th November 2021.
The world health organisation's WHO has adviced the public to get vaccinated in order to prevent the virus from spreading.
WHO also warns that the new omicron variant spreads easily and poses a very high risk globally. The variant might resist vaccines and immunity in people who were infected previously with the strain. [url]https://infohub101.com/2021/12/10/what-is-omicron-variant/
[/url]

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 10:17am On Dec 28, 2021
AceGod:

Compliment of the Season to u. Apologies for responding late. I think you need to try and recall places you visited that particular day. Dusty environments and other exogenous substances can give such gritty sensation and tearing. It is something beyond what chloramphenicol eyedrop can handle. I will advise you visit an Eye Clinic close by for a detailed eye examination for the right diagnosis.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by tomibecca: 12:47am On Jan 03, 2022
Happy new year everyone ! I would like to state the issue with my eyes.I am short-sighted and it started in secondary school around ss1.The board was getting blurry gradually and I usually have to blink hard and widen my eyes to be able to see .Later on I got glasses and was told it would correct it but it became worse and when I remove it ,everything becomes blurry so I rely on it a lot.Later on I realized that when I place my fingers on both side of my face beside my eyes and stretch it upward to form "cat eyes ",I could see from a distance but usually not too clear and a bit blurry so that kind of comforts me a bit that I'm not going blind .When I wear my glasses for too long ,my eye aches so bad that I have to remove it so my eyes could rest . That's the only time I feel pain .So please can anyone help me by explaining what exactly is wrong with my eyes and also recommending the right food and drugs to take.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2022
tomibecca:
Happy new year everyone ! I would like to state the issue with my eyes.I am short-sighted and it started in secondary school around ss1.The board was getting blurry gradually and I usually have to blink hard and widen my eyes to be able to see .Later on I got glasses and was told it would correct it but it became worse and when I remove it ,everything becomes blurry so I rely on it a lot.Later on I realized that when I place my fingers on both side of my face beside my eyes and stretch it upward to form "cat eyes ",I could see from a distance but usually not too clear and a bit blurry so that kind of comforts me a bit that I'm not going blind .When I wear my glasses for too long ,my eye aches so bad that I have to remove it so my eyes could rest . That's the only time I feel pain .So please can anyone help me by explaining what exactly is wrong with my eyes and also recommending the right food and drugs to take.
sorry about your experience and discomfort with your glasses . You should speak with your doc about the pain you experience on prolong use . I think the lense power would need to be modified . There are no foods or drugs to cure myopia for now however, there are myopia control interventions and you also have the option of refractive surgery if you make a good candidate. Discuss your concerns with your doc . All the best
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by tomibecca: 12:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
Thank you very much ! I appreciate your advice
optm:
sorry about your experience and discomfort with your glasses . You should speak with your doc about the pain you experience on prolong use . I think the lense power would need to be modified . There are no foods or drugs to cure myopia for now however, there are myopia control interventions and you also have the option of refractive surgery if you make a good candidate. Discuss your concerns with your doc . All the best

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Mars2021: 3:14pm On Jan 09, 2022
Complement of the season to you doc..
Happy new year everyone..
I once complained about a gritty feeling in my eye & streaks of light from street lights, of which u adviced i visit an optician. I did and was diagnosed of astigmatism & myopia. I was also given tears natural drops. The gritty feeling went away but recently, it started again on one eye (edge of the eye close to the nose is peppery and sometimes inside my top eyelid feels grity in same eye only) despite applying the tears drop. I also recently developed eye floaters in both eyes.. What do you advice i do? For financial reasons, which is usually better between navy and general hospital?? Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by chatbot1234isba: 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
hello doc, as you adviced earlier, i wear my glasses always but now it seems it worse now because it's now blurry without my glasses. i don't want to be dependent on it. anything to change this ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Damilolly(f): 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hello Doc, My eye have been hurting me for a while. I frequently wake up with headaches in the morning. I went for eye tests in 2019 and got glasses. I did another test in 2020 and got another pair which included reduction of screen glare. Often it takes a few seconds for my eye to focus when I pick up my phone without glasses on. The light from my phone seems to hurt my eyes so I have it dimmed low and sometimes use a night light setting so it eliminates blue rays. When driving at night the light from other cars seem super bright and uncomfortable to me. Any idea what the problem could be? How can I help my eyes? My dad and grand mum both had glaucoma and cataracts so I'm concerned. Thank you.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:11am On Jan 11, 2022
Zeinar:

Thanks doctor, can you recommend a good eye clinic in Lagos? I know you can’t do that here but is there a way I can send a direct message?
send a dm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:18am On Jan 11, 2022
Mars2021:
Complement of the season to you doc..
Happy new year everyone..
I once complained about a gritty feeling in my eye & streaks of light from street lights, of which u adviced i visit an optician. I did and was diagnosed of astigmatism & myopia. I was also given tears natural drops. The gritty feeling went away but recently, it started again on one eye (edge of the eye close to the nose is peppery and sometimes inside my top eyelid feels grity in same eye only) despite applying the tears drop. I also recently developed eye floaters in both eyes.. What do you advice i do? For financial reasons, which is usually better between navy and general hospital?? Thanks
a posterior blepharitis /MGD/ dry eye might be the cause of those symptoms you are having but you ll need to be examined to rule out other possible causes. AS regards the floaters you are having, i ll like to know your age if you do not mind
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:22am On Jan 11, 2022
chatbot1234isba:
hello doc, as you adviced earlier, i wear my glasses always but now it seems it worse now because it's now blurry without my glasses. i don't want to be dependent on it. anything to change this ?
alot of people do make this statement. Well, it just that you got used to seeing clearly and now seeing things without glasses have become strange (blur ). your vision aint worsening
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:35am On Jan 11, 2022
Damilolly:
Hello Doc, My eye have been hurting me for a while. I frequently wake up with headaches in the morning. I went for eye tests in 2019 and got glasses. I did another test in 2020 and got another pair which included reduction of screen glare. Often it takes a few seconds for my eye to focus when I pick up my phone without glasses on. The light from my phone seems to hurt my eyes so I have it dimmed low and sometimes use a night light setting so it eliminates blue rays. When driving at night the light from other cars seem super bright and uncomfortable to me. Any idea what the problem could be? How can I help my eyes? My dad and grand mum both had glaucoma and cataracts so I'm concerned. Thank you.
i ll advise you have your blood pressure checked and possibly do a blood sugar test aswell. You should also visit an eye clinic to check your eye pressure and retest your glasses because your glass prescription should be reviewed every 2years

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Mars2021: 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2022
optm:
alot of people do make this statement. Well, it just that you got used to seeing clearly and now seeing things without glasses have become strange (blur ). your vision aint worsening
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Mars2021: 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2022
optm:
a posterior blepharitis /MGD/ dry eye might be the cause of those symptoms you are having but you ll need to be examined to rule out other possible causes. AS regards the floaters you are having, i ll like to know your age if you do not mind

Am 30. I visited the hospital today had blood sugar test, some eye checks & i was certified ok. Just that my eye pressure test came out as 16 & 23. He took his time to advice that i should always have my glasses on, i hardly use it & even went without it to the hospital. Placed me on some drugs for the eye irritation (vitamin c & lorataine). I could only lay my hands on loratyn-10. He also said i should come back in a month so I'll have another eye pressure test to ascertain his next line of action. What do u think doc?? Is 16 & 23 dangerous?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:35pm On Jan 11, 2022
Mars2021:

Am 30. I visited the hospital today had blood sugar test, some eye checks & i was certified ok. Just that my eye pressure test came out as 16 & 23. He took his time to advice that i should always have my glasses on, i hardly use it & even went without it to the hospital. Placed me on some drugs for the eye irritation (vitamin c & lorataine). I could only lay my hands on loratyn-10. He also said i should come back in a month so I'll have another eye pressure test to ascertain his next line of action. What do u think doc?? Is 16 & 23 dangerous?
well, depending on what internal examination reveals; nevertheless such results calls for further investigation. Pressure difference more that 2mnhg between both eyes calls for more tests as it could be indicative of glaucoma but not in all cases as the pressure difference could be due to differences in thickness of your cornea. a pachymetry test should be done . Did you discuss the floaters with your Dr? What were his observations?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Mars2021: 8:38am On Jan 12, 2022
optm:
well, depending on what internal examination reveals; nevertheless such results calls for further investigation. Pressure difference more that 2mnhg between both eyes calls for more tests as it could be indicative of glaucoma but not in all cases as the pressure difference could be due to differences in thickness of your cornea. a pachymetry test should be done . Did you discuss the floaters with your Dr? What were his observations?

I did and he said my eyes were fine but that the 23mmhg pressure was on the borderline and thus said i should see him in a month after which if it doesn't improve, he'll place me on meds. I did have cornea abrasion in my left eye late last year.. not sure but i think i lost some, if not all of my cornea as a result, though i have no issue of itching, pain unlike my right (unaffected) eye. Just about 2 or 3 dot like floaters in my left eye but my right eye has a small thread floater which drifts across my field of vision sometimes. Heard about a pineapple research for floaters which was conducted by a vietnamese institute which showed +ve results. I have been on it for a while now after seeing the testimonies online & my floaters are a lot more transparent like they are vanishing/lightening. Just want to get your input on it and also, can the pressure difference be as a result of the cornea abrasion i had??
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 9:02am On Jan 12, 2022
Please i'm in need of ur assistance. I dnt knw if i can find someone to help me with a sum of 150k and if nt can i get it as a loan please, if u want interest on it, i'll gladly pay please.. I just need to clear this sch fees. Please, i dont mind if d money is splitted in 25ks or 50ks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Damilolly(f): 11:19am On Jan 12, 2022
optm:
i ll advise you have your blood pressure checked and possibly do a blood sugar test aswell. You should also visit an eye clinic to check your eye pressure and retest your glasses because your glass prescription should be reviewed every 2years
Thanks Doc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:12pm On Jan 12, 2022
Mars2021:

I did and he said my eyes were fine but that the 23mmhg pressure was on the borderline and thus said i should see him in a month after which if it doesn't improve, he'll place me on meds. I did have cornea abrasion in my left eye late last year.. not sure but i think i lost some, if not all of my cornea as a result, though i have no issue of itching, pain unlike my right (unaffected) eye. Just about 2 or 3 dot like floaters in my left eye but my right eye has a small thread floater which drifts across my field of vision sometimes. Heard about a pineapple research for floaters which was conducted by a vietnamese institute which showed +ve results. I have been on it for a while now after seeing the testimonies online & my floaters are a lot more transparent like they are vanishing/lightening. Just want to get your input on it and also, can the pressure difference be as a result of the cornea abrasion i had??
i ll like to get the link to the pineapple research if you do not mind sharing. I am yet to come across such . well, to the best of my knowledge, the corneal abrasion you had in time past do not have anything to do with the pressure difference you are having
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by chatbot1234isba: 11:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
optm:

Oh, i see. thanks.
if my eyes gets dry sometimes can i get eyes drop for it, i was using one given to me by the doc, but ive finished using that already. just wanted to know if it's safe ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:29am On Jan 13, 2022
chatbot1234isba:

Oh, i see. thanks.
if my eyes gets dry sometimes can i get eyes drop for it, i was using one given to me by the doc, but ive finished using that already. just wanted to know if it's safe ?
I can't tell as i do not know the drug you were prescribed. Why don't you contact your Doc to find out if you should continue on your previously prescribed drop ? I think it's safer that way
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by BSF: 2:30am On Jan 13, 2022
Dear Doc,

I have read about Bitter Kola eye drop as alternative medicine. A Professor said they published scientific papers to that effect

Is it good to apply such to the eyes .?

I seem not to be able to filter light from upcoming vehicles out of my eyes ,starting from early evenings into the night. I have previously ran many eye test to screen for possible diseases , but everything seemed OK, yet I can see that the strength of focus in my eyes is not as a strong as previous years.

What can I do further?

Thank you .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Mars2021: 5:01pm On Jan 13, 2022
optm:
i ll like to get the link to the pineapple research if you do not mind sharing. I am yet to come across such . well, to the best of my knowledge, the corneal abrasion you had in time past do not have anything to do with the pressure difference you are having

Ok thanks, I'll do the pachymetry test as advised. I came across the research some time back on google and decided to check out the youtube page of Dr. Joseph Allen to see if he did a video on the research (Youtube page - eye doctor health). From my observation, majority of those who did as instructed with natural pineapple as bromalein source instead of bromalein capsules came back with testimonies on his page, weeks & for some, months later. By God's grace, my floaters are a lot more manageable.
You can check him out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoMPJWhsb2U
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:47pm On Jan 13, 2022
Mars2021:

Ok thanks, I'll do the pachymetry test as advised. I came across the research some time back on google and decided to check out the youtube page of Dr. Joseph Allen to see if he did a video on the research (Youtube page - eye doctor health). From my observation, majority of those who did as instructed with natural pineapple as bromalein source instead of bromalein capsules came back with testimonies on his page, weeks & for some, months later. By God's grace, my floaters are a lot more manageable.
You can check him out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoMPJWhsb2U
thanks i really appreciate this. So good finding this out
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by chatbot1234isba: 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2022
optm:
I can't tell as i do not know the drug you were prescribed. Why don't you contact your Doc to find out if you should continue on your previously prescribed drop ? I think it's safer that way

okay, i will do this. thanks for your help always sir.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Mars2021: 2:18am On Jan 14, 2022
optm:
thanks i really appreciate this. So good finding this out

U welcome..

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Crazeworld(m): 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2022
Good evening doc. Please what eyedrop is best for astigmatism?

I was using this one (attached pic) before but stopped using it for like two months since I was not feeling discomfort like before. I even stopped using my glasses.

Recently, the pain came back in the left eye and this eyedrop doesn't seem to be working. Please can you recommend another one for me?

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:49am On Jan 27, 2022
Crazeworld:
Good evening doc. Please what eyedrop is best for astigmatism?

I was using this one (attached pic) before but stopped using it for like two months since I was not feeling discomfort like before. I even stopped using my glasses.

Recently, the pain came back in the left eye and this eyedrop doesn't seem to be working. Please can you recommend another one for me?

Good day . There's actually no drug for Astigmatism. The pain you are experiencing could be caused by a number of things which I may not be able to tell unless I carry out an examination on you. I strongly advise you go to an eye clinic around you for care
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by tuneryblue(m): 8:16pm On Feb 06, 2022
Good day doc
I think I have a foreign object in my left eye.. Use eyes drop.. light seems scattered from my left eye view.. today I wake up and feel sensitive to light follow by headache...
My left eye is watery, sensitive to light and strain me .. pls help

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.