Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,512 members, 7,830,525 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

THE WEB - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (117234 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
Happy weekend to you dearest candy. This update got me laughing out loud. Voodoo just lost its potency. Lwkmd.
Re: THE WEB by sammyomotola: 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2014
Candy u can keep d weekend alive with ur story, anywhere ur story caught my attention. Thumb up 4 dat.
Tobi is free from d charm but I pray no remedy for it
Re: THE WEB by Calmdove(f): 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2014
Candy tnks 4 d update
Re: THE WEB by joliej(f): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
candy:

Mrs Seriki sat in their private living room. She flipped through cable channels and finally settled for african magic yoruba. She giggled and sneered at the scenes and actors. She was relaxed and very happy. Then she felt that thug at her heart, for the second time within the hours. Then the knot in her stomach, again. She knew it was nothing physical, it was an ominous feeling that tugged at her heart.

She turned the tv volume down and climbed the short stairs to their room. She rummaged through the drawers and found what she was looking for. A crude wooden dummy. Pulling it out, she was surprised to find its eyes open. She was almost sure its eyes were shut tight when baba handed it over to her in Kabba. She had to make calls urgently. The ominous feeling wouldn't leave.

"Madam..." She turned swiftly at the voice.
"Chief, you are back? I didn't hear you come in."
"Yea, the meeting couldn't hold, the pastor had an emergency." Chief started removing his agbada in front of the mirror. He was fond of undressing before the mirror.
"I was actually on my way out, chief. We have our own meeting at Chief Mrs Oni's residence."
"Hmmm, I was hoping for a nice afternoon with my wife. I would love to talk to you..." He said, but she was already up on her feet. The 'talk' with her can wait, she thought. She slipped her feet into a black casual slippers and didn't even bother to change out of the blue ankara she changed into after church.
"We'll talk later chief. I'm the secretary and you know that." With that, she picked her car key and half ran, half walked downstairs. Thankfully, she felt the dummy in her handbag. It would have been disastrous if she had left it on the bed out of panic;she almost did.

Sunday was Ray's day off. Ay, chief's driver drove the family on sundays. He opened the back door for her but she waved him off, "I'm driving myself." She managed a smile.

She drove about three blocks and parked the car. She brought out her phone and scrolled to baba's name.
It rang incessantly and after her fourth call, baba picked it.

"Hello, baba." She greeted in their local dialect.
"How are you, woman." Baba greeted
"Baba, I've been having this ominous feeling since my son went visiting his twin sister..."

"And you allowed him? He had eaten the forbidden, his eyes are open." Baba cut her short and told her without mincing words.

"Oh! But Adebimpe is not even in ibadan now! How is that possible?" She asked baba who sounded like he had lost interest in the conversation.
"Go ask your son what happened where he went to. There is nothing I can do until you see him. Even at that, I don't see any hope." He said and hung up on his end.

Mrs Seriki sank lower in the seat, she was sad. She started the engine and drove towards Tobi's house. Then she decided to call him even as she drove, just to be sure he was back. He picked the call, assured her he was back and she drove down to meet him. Luckily, traffic was light on sundays.

"Mum, what's going on?" Tobi asked as she rushed out of the car.
"I was on my way to a meeting, decided to check on you." She
Caught him sipping an energy drinnk on the couch, his shoes still on his feet. "Sorry the place is a mess ma." She stepped inside, he wasn't kidding about the place being a mess. She managed to create sitting space for herself by moving the clothes to one side on the sofa closest to the door.

"Tobi, how was your visit to Ade?"

"Hmm, uneventful."

"Hope you didn't eat anything there?" She asked, eager to hear a no. Tobi lowered his gaze. His eyes widened a bit, as if surprised. He turned his back to her.
"I ..."
"You what?" Mrs Seriki reached out a hand and turned him back to face her."Tell me the truth."
He folded his arms across his chest. He hated his friend for making him eat that chicken. A sinking sensation found its way at the pit of her stomach. "What have you done?" She asked.

"I didn't. Just a bite of two of fried chicken."

"Really? but you are sure his mother-in-law wasn't in the house?" She was sweating when he took a sit of water before answering.

"She wasn't there, she lives in Oshogbo. Apparently, she left yesterday."

She wasn't planning on keeping the boy for too long. At her age, she figured she didn't have too many years left and iif the boy could just love her till her death, she was willing to loosen her hold and break the charm before she died. That way, she remained happy for the rest of her life and Adebimpe could have her after that.

The warning was to ensure the boy didn't eat what his birth mother cooked. No warning against eating Bolu's food. She smiled and the smile faded again as another thought struck her...Unless...

unless... of cause the food was prepared by mama before she left
lol...captivating piece i must tell you
every morning and evening i visit nairaland only to see if candy has updated

Re: THE WEB by harjibolar10(m): 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2014
May God help Nigeria in fighting this [quote author=joliej post=28620279][/quote]

How can someone quote a write up as long as that without a word

7 Likes

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2014
harjibolar10:
May God help Nigeria in fighting this
How can someone quote a write up as long as that without a word
Lol. joliej actually typed a lovely comment, unfortunately it got muddled up in the long quote. It's at the end of the quote.

Thanks ya all, keep following. Will give you more updates before the weekend is over, God willing.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Rosytonia(f): 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2014
Been busy all day. Jus a dose of Candy's story to make my day complete. Captivating as usual. Thumbs up Ma'm, u rock!!
Re: THE WEB by hassan85(m): 7:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
Candy!! Thanks for the update. I beg as tomorrow be weekend so try bombard us with plenty updates o. Do ve a nice weekend too

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by harjibolar10(m): 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2014
unless... of cause the food was prepared by mama before she left
lol...captivating piece i must tell you
every morning and evening i visit nairaland only to see if candy has updated

Now I see jolieJ's coment

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by mariamferanmi(f): 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
Madam candy am loving dis movie hmmm sorry story abeg all join, keep it up ma
Re: THE WEB by mizkeleke(f): 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
candy:
Shout out to:

Jaymina,JoseWael,tsodjete,
Ronke001,limlim25,bolajJP007,
Xdunamis, chikkyberry, cestmoi1,fhemyxXx,emyrald91,
deain1,Rosytonia, mariemummy,Olivers2J, Sammyomotola,franklin000,
teamanbastos,MaBuk,calmdove,
sleekyshuga,stuff46,
Pelumzie,highlyfavouredo, mariaben, Almadrey,seehow,mizkeleke, hassan85,lenmafon

And ma all time faithfuls: Mariamferanmi
Stonecoldcafe,Bblacky,Jennimma,Zyzxx,
Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Missviva
Plaitex,Missmossy, tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,farheeda, QueenTolpatx, Queenxtar, tescoleps,debdave. Hameenat94, ruffhandu, kingphilip, D9ty7

Happy Weekend.
Thanks for the mention
Re: THE WEB by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
candy:
Shout out to:

sleekyshuga,stuff46,
Pelumzie,highlyfavouredo, mariaben, Almadrey,seehow,mizkeleke, hassan85,lenmafon

Plaitex,Missmossy, tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,farheeda, QueenTolpatx, Queenxtar, tescoleps,debdave. Hameenat94, ruffhandu, kingphilip, D9ty7

Happy Weekend.
Tnxs barbie kiss
Re: THE WEB by seunviju(f): 11:28pm On Dec 05, 2014
Still enjoying the story and you are doing great with it.Thanks for the update
Re: THE WEB by bolajJP007: 5:05am On Dec 06, 2014
candy:
Shout out to:
sleekyshuga,stuff46,
Happy Weekend.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by bolajJP007: 5:06am On Dec 06, 2014
[quote author=bolajJP007 post=28633120][/quote]
Tnx dear
Re: THE WEB by Alezy(m): 6:37am On Dec 06, 2014
Jennimma:
Happy weekend to you dearest candy. This update got me laughing out loud. Voodoo just lost its potency. Lwkmd.
well said. Anything voodoo neva last 4 long, there must be an xpirin date. Lemme use dis opportunity 2 say congrats on the jst concluded miss NL. I followed all the way but i was just a guest then. Nw dat i decided 2 create an account, jst tot i said congrat.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 06, 2014
Alezy:
well said. Anything voodoo neva last 4 long, there must be an xpirin date. Lemme use dis opportunity 2 say congrats on the jst concluded miss NL. I followed all the way but i was just a guest then. Nw dat i decided 2 create an account, jst tot i said congrat.
Awwwww...thank you dearie. Welcome to NL,officially.
Re: THE WEB by teemanbastos(m): 8:44am On Dec 06, 2014
CANDY, YOU DESERVE A NATIONAL AWARD.. You'r d best.
Re: THE WEB by Fatalveli(m): 9:57am On Dec 06, 2014
I'll take you to the candy shop; pum-pum-pum! U are da bomb ma'am...
Re: THE WEB by boladex1: 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2014
candy:
Shout out to:

sleekyshuga,stuff46,

Happy Weekend.

thanks
Re: THE WEB by Alezy(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2014
Jennimma:

Awwwww...thank you dearie. Welcome to NL,officially.
your welcome and thanks too
Re: THE WEB by limlim25: 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
Thanks for the update
Re: THE WEB by Jaymima(f): 1:26pm On Dec 06, 2014
Nice update Candy. Gracias!
Re: THE WEB by zyzxx(m): 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
Calmdove:
Candy tnks 4 d update
I like ur moniker "calmdove"
Re: THE WEB by zyzxx(m): 3:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
thanks for the captivating, intresting, updates ma'am,
U are d best.
Re: THE WEB by Calmdove(f): 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
zyzxx:
I like ur moniker "calmdove"
tnks zyzxx

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2014
Everything we get beginning get ending. Helen ur own Don dagbaru. Chief will jst gladly welcome his kids home while Helen wallow itself piano regrets. The update z candilicious. Happy weekend to d huz of candy.
Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
candy:
Shout out to:

sleekyshuga,stuff46,

Happy Weekend.

Happy weekend 2u also candy, and thanks for tha update. Always on da bus keep driving safe. wink wink
Re: THE WEB by Cestmoi1(f): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
candy:
Shout out to:

sleekyshuga,stuff46,

Happy Weekend.
Xx
Re: THE WEB by labaski(f): 2:31am On Dec 07, 2014
am back..weldone ma
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 07, 2014
Mrs Seriki wished she could magically transport herself to baba's house in Kogi. She knew she had to call baba again, not minding how brash he sounded on the phone earlier.

She searched in her bag for her phone and scrolled to baba's name. As usual, he didn't pick until her fourth call. She swore under her breadth. Her bag dropped on the floor as she stood up, but baba was already speaking on the other end. The bag can wait, baba can't, she thought. She excused herself and walked to the space between the main building and the bq to discuss with him out of Tobi's earshot.

"...yes, baba. She's not even in ibadan! He ate what his twin sister cooked."
"Are you sure?" Baba asked. He was seeing something different through the divination, but he kept quiet. Whatever happened could still be corrected within 24 hours.

"Just keep the dummy safe. I have stalled the effect for now, go home and tie the dummy with a tighter rope. As far as he doesn't see it, the gods will help you out." Baba told her
"Thank you sir." She pressed the end button, looked furtively around to ensure Tobi hadn't sneaked in behind her.
There was remedy, baba had assured her. All she had to do was keep the dummy safe.

Then she remembered her bag dropped on the floor earlier. "Oh! My bag, the dummy!" She muttered to herself as she bolted to Tobi's scattered living room. He was not there. Then she saw her bag, well arranged, lying on the side stool.

Terror took her breath. She shook all over. How could she have been so careless? She picked the bag and sank back into the sofa she vacated earlier. She checked for the dummy, everything was intact. Maybe he just helped picked the bag and tucked the content back in, without looking...she thought. She decided to take her leave.

She tried Tobi's number twice before he picked her call.

"Lock the door on your way out." He had told her, without disclosing where he was or showing any anger.

She pulled out of the small driveway.
In one breath, she put it in drive and headed home. She managed to haul herself out of the car, slammed the door behind her and hissed under her breath.

"How was the meeting, Helen?" Chief asked quietly as she eased herself on a sofa in the living room.

"Em, It was fine." She answered without looking at him. "We just finished."

"Tobi called."

She leaned farther in the sofa, eyes opened wide, she suddenly flinched in pain as if a pin had pricked her.

"He did?"

"Yes, said you should leave his key with his secretary tomorrow."

A shudder of fear raced up her spine. "Ok, I will. I was there to say hello after the meeting. But he had an urgent call and left me at home."

"Ok." Chief said. "I need to clarify a few things with you...l"

She stretched her palm, the stop sign. "Not today, chief." She said angrily.

She knew she was wrongly transferring aggression but she didn't care. He deserved it for sleeping with Bimpe and getting her pregnant, bringing this upon her.

"Ok, we talk tomorrow." Chief said lamely. She had a way of draining him of energy and will power. He had to postpone the 'talk'.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by harjibolar10(m): 8:08am On Dec 07, 2014
Mummy Candy, that update seems so lean jhoor

But, thanks for the update thou

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.