Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

THE WEB - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (117005 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by muhammad23(m): 8:43am On Nov 29, 2014
Me that I used to form busy... Even with my tight schedule, I can't believe I ran through the 19 pages in under. three days. Now you got me glued and been an Ibadan 'Boy'...I dey relate wella... Updates! Updates!! Updates!!! that's all we want grin More ink to your pen or rather, more swiftness to your keypad... cheesy
Re: THE WEB by telad(m): 9:11am On Nov 29, 2014
Far from all d hustle and bustle of Politics (ACN/PDP) on the front page, here lies a cool environ, so much in love with this fun filled scenery. I relate so well with the story cos I served in Ibadan, but pls include Dugbe Mokola axis in d areas. God bless you real big and more power to ur elbow. You've made my weekend, av been reading since yesterday morning, can't wait....
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 29, 2014
kingphilip:
he silence was a new one and it worried her
she can pull this through but[b] I guess if she goes beyond this she might not b able to come out of it even if the spell is broken n Tobi makes his way back to the family [/b]

candy tnx for the updates but please I'll need one more update before today runs out please
At bolded, you are right, you know her own case is a medical one now. I hope she pulls through, I'm worried too. tongue

As per update, hmmm...I have a conversion exam today in an academic environment. Will be meeting profs! Update tomorrow.

@telad, I promise to include Dugbe/Mokola just for you!

muhammad23 and the rest of the crew, thanks.
Re: THE WEB by Omotty(m): 9:59am On Nov 29, 2014
Can't Wait. Canidate of candy is waiting
Re: THE WEB by trevolady(f): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2014
Welldone candy!!! I love the suspence smiley

Madam candy oooo,dis story wan make me relocate to ibadan permanently,I just love that city!

Great weekend to you and ur family! Love u pieces,no homo kiss
Re: THE WEB by Rosytonia(f): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2014
Nice update! Madam TY don sufa o! make she no die oo abeg, aunty Candy. She deserves to enjoy a bit lik Mrs. Seriki. Infact, Mrs Seriki shld sufa joor while Madam Seriki shld enjoy. Following and waiting for more juicy candy, i mean updates
Re: THE WEB by missviva(f): 10:50am On Nov 29, 2014
Wow...candy ‎​you rock!
Re: THE WEB by richyimos(m): 11:19am On Nov 29, 2014
this is d best thread on NIARALAND i hav ever stumble across. Keep it up. am motivated, i really need to start writing!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
poor woman-dis has 2 b more painful 4 her,losing her son wen she jst found him. it's well madam ty
Re: THE WEB by whizbee(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
Been following this write up for some days now without signing in,n because its a wonderful write up,i had to sign in and say kudos,its the best ever story write up i've read on NL,more swift to your keypad,u rock
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
Thanks for following peeps. Keep the comments coming...they motivate me gan ni. don't just chop clean mouth my dear people. One love.
Re: THE WEB by sammyomotola: 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
I love dis story
Maybe we publish it 4 splashfm to read
Re: THE WEB by tomayira(f): 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
This story is captivating, u hv a talent, thank God u are using it to touch lifes. Madam Ty reminds me of my mum, she slept on three years ago due to depression. I pray madam Ty recovers from this, God bless u candy.
Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
grin grin chei! The mice is finally out of the sac; i pray madam ty survive this so as 2 enjoy for a while i just hope she wont suffer in vein. Candy i salute you big time, na work u dey do 4 here , we dey expect more wink wink
Re: THE WEB by donsamtex(m): 11:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
Started from the bottom now we are here. Nyc story line
Re: THE WEB by fhemyxXx(m): 6:50am On Nov 30, 2014
QueenTolpatx:
grin grin chei! The mice is finally out of the sac; i pray madam ty survive this so as 2 enjoy for a while i just hope she wont suffer in vein. Candy i salute you big time, na work u dey do 4 here , we dey expect more wink wink

*****suffer in VAIN*****

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by telad(m): 9:59am On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=candy post=28438960]
@telad, I promise to include Dugbe/Mokola just for you!

Thanks so much, in fact u are more than candy, u r a sugar. Waiting for update oh.
Re: THE WEB by harjibolar10(m): 11:28am On Nov 30, 2014
At last, I finally catch up with you guys
Candyyyyy!!! You rock!!

Initially, I was running in a differnt direction, when the searching for kingphilip change my direction to the destination of the most intresting story on NL. (I will say)

I must confess, candy! I love your style of re-presenting your stories, I think you are truly born to be a writer

[/b]Keep it coming dearie[b]

Now that I've finally catchup, I hope somebody can tell me which direction kingphilip went and I'm looking forward to where will be the final destination of Mrs. Seriki
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2014

PART II

Fighting Back

Bolu drifted in and out of sleep, the warm sun enveloped her in a hazy dream. Her beautiful chocolate skin glistened with a mixture of sweat and ocean water. It had been the perfect week. No mention of her troubles back home, no phones, no news papers, just seafood, sunlight, s*ex, swim, and sleep. The ideal honeymoon. They were on the Khon khaen island in Thailand.

She opened her eyes a touch and looked down at her wedding ring. She couldn't help but smile. She felt like a school girl again. Her ring was a perfect diamond set in an elegant platinum setting. Not too big, not too small, just the perfect size. Most importantly, it was from the right man. The man of her dreams. She was now officially Mrs Boluwatife Thomas.

Amazingly, the entire wedding had gone off without a hitch. No blowout with her in-laws despite everything.

Bolu had always clung to the romantic notion of falling in love with prince charming and having a big cathedral wedding with a chain of flower girls. Nobody in the family, her mother's family, had ever been married in a real ceremony. She wanted to be the first. But the events following their engagement had made it otherwise..

For their part, Ade's family wanted a society wedding, one that was expected of the son of a former state governor. Ade had persuaded them to keep it low, for the sake of bolu's mum who was just recovering after sinking into a bout of depression. Their engagement had thrown Bolu into the spotlight and her mother's state of health had to be protected from the tabloids. The good news was that she was getting better by the day.

Bolu sat up and looked down at the beach. Ade was coming out of the water after a swim. A smile lit her beautiful face. He was a prime physical specimen. He was a quarterback in high school and went to college on sports scholarship.

Standing at 6'1, he considered professional basketball but his traditionalist father would have none of it. He had forced him back to Nigeria after his graduation at UCLA. Now at 30, he was still in great shape and looked extremely handsome.

Ade stepped into the cabana, water dripping from his shorts. He planted a big kiss on his bride's lips. Her lips parted and they were lost in the euphoria for a few minutes, not minding the other vacationers. Of course, they were all out there for some fun.

"How are you, honey?"
"Fine." She reached out her hand for him. "I was just thinking about you."

Ade bent down and kissed her again before he took the empty beach chair beside her. "Are you ready to go back tomorrow?"

She shook her head and pouted. He smiled. She really was his dream come true. In her two-piece bikini, she looked sexier and prettier than the girls that graced magazine covers. She was all natural and well endowed, drop dead gorgeous. She was smart, funny and good natured.

Reaching across her body for the wine cooler, his hand brushed her bare tummy and she giggled. Too bad they had to leave the island for the oriental hotel in bangkok city in preparation for their return trip in two days. He had work piling back at home, even though she was still on leave. He opened a can of pepsi for her and he opened a can of Shang beer for himself. They clinked the cans in a toast.
"To us."
"To us." He smiled flirtatiously and winked. "And to a barn full of healthy babies."
She raised three fingers and laughed. "Two boys and a girl." She said.
"Hmm...how about four boys and three girls?"
"You are not serious."
They laughed like school kids and talked about everything. They even managed to mention Tobi without her crying.

Bolu stood up and grabbed her towel. One long week on the island, she still couldn't get used to the way ladies walked almost naked across the island, even to the restaurants. She shook beach sand off her butts and walked seductively towards their cabin, flaunting killer curves. All eyes on his bride, he felt proud.

Ade needed no further invitation. He picked their wine cooler and ran after her. In the cabin, he watched her slip out of her bikini top and bottom. He managed to close the door before he grabbed her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2014

Bolu looked out from the window as the plane made its final descent. It's been a tiring journey and she had barely slept since the journey began at the Suvarnabhumi airport. Besides, the cabin food was a no for her, too continental. Ade had laughed at her for expecting local dishes and assured her they'll get more local food when they change flight in Dubai. Luckily, breakfast had things she could pronounce.

Just before the plane touched ground at MMIA, many people switched their phones on, against crew instruction. Some were even on their feet, struggling to get their bags out of the overhead baggage compartment. Luckily, they flew first class and there was some decorum there. They were finally free to get their stuff and file out. Bolu smiled, it was nice coming back home.

"I can't wait to see the new place," she yawned as they waited at the baggage claims area.
"Same here. Mum decorated, but I'm sure you will like to make your own changes." He told her. One of their bags rolled by on the conveyor belt and he picked it. She saw another rolled by but not used to this, she watched it slide past her and back to where it came from.

"Oh my! Our second bag is gone back!"

Ade laughed. "Don't worry dear, the bags will make another round." She relaxed and they chatted on happily. The bag contained all the beautiful stuff she bought for her mother and the people she lived with.

Outside the arrival lounge, Mr Tunde took their trolley and wheeled it to the car. Because of his father's influence, the car was parked close by. Mr Tunde loaded all in the trunk and they headed for Ibadan.

Bolu dialed her mum's number and she picked on first ring. She had made progress with her recovery, a good thing. Thanks to Dr Bolade Thomas, Ade's mum who had taken it upon herself like a special project. Since she started on her recovery journey, madam ty never mentioned Tobi. It was sill not clear wether she was avoiding the topic consciously or not.

"Maami!"

"Boluwatife! Are you already in ibadan? You are welcome o!" She said cheefully.

"Still on our way to ibadan ma. How are you?"

"Very fine my dear, very fine. Can't wait to see you."

"Don't worry, I'm coming to pick you tomorrow. Just get set."

They talked some more and she handed the phone to Ade at his request. Ade assured her they were fine and that Bolu was coming to pick her the following day, then the call was ended.

"Whew! So good to be back." Bolu was so anxious to see their new apartment., their wedding gift from Senator Thomas.

The driver drove them straight to Iyaganku quarters. She was elated when he parked at a black giant gate, no 12 written in gold and moulded in one of the white pillars that held the gate. It was a medium-sized house with a beautiful-looking dwarf fence, the upper part of the fence was designed with elegantly carved iron rods, painted black. The building was painted in white, and the elegantly cast art works were lined with a shiny gold. The burnt-cake brown roof stood out, brown wrought iron used for the burglar proof. It was a new house, the smell of the paint was still fresh.

The driveway was lined with dwarf palm trees and the floor had lovely interlocking designs. Bolu was already imagining what she'll do with the empty flower bed as they drove in.

Bolu leaned on the car and admired the house as the guys rid the trunk of their bags. A dream house, the kind in which most people dreamed of growing up. Secluded among trees on one of the city's most exclusive streets, it had balconies, a screened-in front porch, a free-standing garage and a medium sized blue swimming pool that overlooked the garden.

Inside were clean white walls, two elegant sitting rooms, moderately furnished. It had a vast curving staircase with polished wood floors and a graceful banister that curved up toward a soaring first floor gallery.
Persian rug covered the small portion that lead to the stairs, the rest of the floor cast in marbles.

Beautiful high arched windows were covered in velvet drapes framed the windows, the lace inner curtains were drawn, allowing daylight to enter while rendering the heart-stopping view over the city a blur. It had a large kitchen, store, three rooms upstairs, one guest room downstairs, each room en suite and a visitors' toilet at the foot of the stairs.

"Do you like it?"
Bolu was shocked out of her trance-like admiration of the house by Ade. "It's beyond my imagination. Your mother has taste."

"Hmmm, let's go and survey the rooms." He dragged her upstairs. "If you want anything changed, just tell me."
"Changed? It's perfect."

Two hours later, they came downstairs. She prepared dinner. Her first official cooking assignment as Mrs Thomas. A meal of amala and vegetable soup with assorted meat and fish. All thanks to Ade's mum who had the fore-sight to stock the fridge and the store.

It was a perfect home coming.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by ogunholla(m): 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
Thanks ma
Re: THE WEB by Olaitan3784(f): 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nyc update dearie,more ink 2 ur pen nd tankz
Re: THE WEB by deain1(m): 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
wink Thank you...
Still expectin the Tobi and temi's part of the gist
Re: THE WEB by missviva(f): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
Oh my! Candy stop makn me feel jealous o
Re: THE WEB by stuff46(m): 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
missviva:

truely...
Re: THE WEB by Uthman51(m): 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nice update ...
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
missviva:
How a dey make you jealous na? tongue
Re: THE WEB by Rosytonia(f): 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
Chai!! Bolu's house fine oo. Am happy Madam TY is getting beta now. Madam Candy, thumbs up!
Re: THE WEB by zyzxx(m): 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
Candy, Wao, d house too beautiful oo.
Thanks for d updates, u are awesome, more wisdom ma'am
Btw pls include agbowo too because I stay in Ibadan cheesy Apy sunday.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
zyzxx:
Candy, Wao, d house too beautiful oo.
Thanks for d updates, u are awesome, more wisdom ma'am
Btw pls include agbowo too because I stay in Ibadan cheesy Apy sunday.
Agbowo? Are you a Uite?

***I forgot to add that Bolu's house is at Iyaganku quarters***
Re: THE WEB by zyzxx(m): 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
candy:

Agbowo? Are you a Uite?

***I forgot to add that Bolu's house is at Iyaganku quarters***
yes, I knew dat place very well.
Pls include agbowo oo
Re: THE WEB by harjibolar10(m): 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Thanks for the update ma'am

Keep em coming

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.