Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland (64901 Views)

5 Reasons Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! / Who Makes More Cash Everyday Between Linda Ikeji And Seun Of Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by DonaldGenes(m): 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
Karleb:

[size=32pt]The wrongest idea of all!! angry

Sir, keep that idea back into your pocket angry angry

Thanks! angry

[/size]

Okay boss

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Neldrizzy(m): 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nairaland is just like my father's house, very comfortable.... i always feel at home and relax whenever am Nairalanding....

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by 9jagirl4re(f): 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun: Thanks. What kind of stuff do they do, specifically? Do they all work from a central office?
They make phone calls, get connections, promote the blog online by commenting, executing social media initiatives, entertain executives, entourage/security, organize and other PA duties etc; Some work from home office interviewed at hotel meeting room, others from home. Look for rich families children helps with connections.

A favor has now been deposited in the favor bank grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by daveP(m): 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
And for once the discussion the OP dropped was the idea and thoughts of just one of the hundreds of thousands of experts we have around us.

I rem during the crash, one man shapali went to create Nairaville.com perhaps to overtake NL. It was exactly a hundred percent copy-cat of dis site.

Ive forgotten its a discussion between two fellas who would like to be in Seun's shoes for just a month. No stress. Their opinions are not Steve Job's or Bill Gate's.

(whistles loudly like Mr Bean when he doesnt give a damn!!!)
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ladej(m): 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
iceberylin:

angry
grin
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by scribble: 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun: Thanks. What kind of stuff do they do, specifically? Do they all work from a central office?

Whilst we are here blabbing.

See what Seun is using his own brain to do...

Dude pm me your accant

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Debeloved87(m): 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
mehn I feel like saying something but when i presently compare the 3 of us together(I,Seun and Linda) I just wanna shut the fuc.k up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by cremeandchic: 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
People who say Nairalanders are mostly low income earners don't know what they r saying; i know the calibre of clients i have met through Nairaland. Anyway, everyone is entiled to their opinions. As for me, Nairaland made me!

Nairaland has all classes of people-from the low class to the creme dela creme; you just gotta believe that.

Nairaland also has a lot of potentials; if you've been on Nairaland for at least 2 years and you still don't have a source of income then you are really short-changing yourself. Stop sleeping in the romance and sexuality section, look around; there's so much in here.

Linda's blog= Entertainment

Nairaland= Potentials, ideas, opportunities, information, networking, the list is endless.

This is coming from someone who visit both sites at least 3 times a day.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by CaptBarbosa: 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
ketoprofen:

Well, Linda ikeji is a blog sha, not a website and the biggest in Nigeria.
I had heard its the biggest blog in WA .
Anyway, more grease to their elbows.
Good to know nl has traffic

Linda is just living on past glory! Check out Stella's Blog!!

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
that SEUN hasnt bought the latest of rangerover doesnt mean he cant afford it
@OP you cant and dont know how much each of them worth and becoz Linda chooses to spend her cash that way doesnt automatically mean she is more richer than SEUN.

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by zappyj(m): 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
O boy!! See the crowd wey dey follow this topicm. Seun does have fans! wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
What made OP to conclude that Seun doesn't have money?

Must he show his affluent before you will know his wealth?. Nigeria and their wahala sha. Smh

You guys are busy disturbing Seun to make himself well known to the public.

Someone who doesn't want to show his latest picture/look to us sef.

Smh
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by chronique(m): 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Funny enough,my nairaland account is always open 24/7 but I can't remember what year I visited linda ikeji's blog. And since she started her blog,I'm not sure I've visited it up to 5 times. Same thing with bella naija and co. But I've spent several yrs on nairaland. Different strokes for different folks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by one98five: 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
A friend of mine just started a website that has the best of a blog combined with the best aspects of a forum. Plus she's giving away a free Macbook & iPhone to the most active user at the end of the year - http://thenairagist.com
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by onyichick(f): 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
nairaland has has touched my life in a gud way,I always come here everyday.I hv only visited LIB once n dat was last year.Bellanaija also advertise their blog here on nairaland which I found shocking. Seun abeg keep up d good work.#teamnairaland4life#

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ProfGday(m): 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
Megaphone: I was talking to a ceo of a huge advertising agency on the island, and i told him i do not believe linda bought that car for 24b million naira in cash. How come she makes so much money? I told him about a site called nairaland and he laughed. He said his agency had patronized linda to te tune of about 5m in cash, and he hasn't even bought any space on nairaland. i asked why.. He gave me about four reasons reasons

Nairaland's homepage looks idiotic on a desktop. The page looks like an abandoned webpage and that chases potential customers away

Nairaland seems to have more low income bracket users than high income. Linda Ikeji on the other hand has got a lot of High income readers and they have the financial capacity to purchase products advertised on the blog. On the other hand Nairaland's users are mainly job seekers, scammers and the likes or small start business men who just dont have the money. They come to the site to trade their 'goods' and not to buy anyway

Nairaland doesn't have a face. He compared Stella Dimok to Linda. He said how many times do you see Stella in Public? Shes based in Germany and so no face. Same with Nairaland. No one knows whos behind it. He said Great organisations always have a face. A CEO out there in the public eyes. He then gave examples like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and so many others. They're out there in the public eye. That he said does not just attract customers but big time investors. He said Linda Ikeji is more out there, more social and so people like her (shes pretty too) and trust her with big money more than someone whom they do not even know!

Nairaland's frontpage contains trashy topics. He said when you got topics like ' Why do ladies fart?'on the frontpage or which do you prefer Chicken or turkey on a front page, then that kind of site cant be taken serious by any customer or investor. Linda's blog on the other hand contains trendy and fashionable topics that attracts upscale folks and wealthy readers. Advertisers he says love such a medium.

https://www.nairaland.com/1905289/linda-ikeji-acquires-24million-naira
Yee c uper-cut,expecting some folks to return d punch very soon. Haters sha una wan run oga seun down by any means.diaris god o.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by CaptBarbosa: 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
cremeandchic: People who say there are mostly low income earners on Nairalanddon't know what they r saying; i know the calibre of clients i have met through Nairaland. Anyway, everyone is entiled to their opinions. As for me, Nairaland made me!

Nairaland has all classes of people-from the low class to the creme dela creme; you just gotta believe that.

Nairaland also has a lot of potentials; if you've been on Nairaland for at least 2 years and you still don't have a source of income then you are really short-changing yourself. Stop sleeping in the romance and sexuality section, look around; there's so much in here.

Nairaland= Potentials, ideas, opportunities, information, networking, the list is endless.

Stop glorifying Linda. Stella's blog is now the biggest. Go figure it out.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by money121(m): 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
cremeandchic:
O tun sare fi style shey marketing lori high traffic post...omolomo. Lol
lolzzz kosi time now grin grin
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by 9jagirl4re(f): 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
cremeandchic: People who say Nairalanders are mostly low income earners don't know what they r saying; i know the calibre of clients i have met through Nairaland. Anyway, everyone is entiled to their opinions. As for me, Nairaland made me!

Tell them!

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by scribble: 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
DonDiego: Do you have to be this blasphemously sycophantic just to make your point?

only on wednesdays
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Truth234(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
Take it or leave it, NAIRALAND is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria entrepreneurs. This is the first time we will have a potential global business originating from a Nigerian, living in Nigeria.

I am not talking about LIB own by Blog.com. I am talking about business that has the potential to skyrocket.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by EmoBoy(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
If seun is happy and content with the way nairaland is and the revenues he earns from the business, I see no reason why we should drink panadol for his headache.

Owning a blog and owning a forum are two different things. Forums don't make much money like blogs (unless they're heavily monetised). Top blogging sites earn hundreds of thousands of revenues every month while forums usually struggle with less. The reasons linda makes more money than seun is not far fetched.

Forum users generate the content and not usually the owners. It is usually we nairalanders who source for news and information to post on this site, all seun does it to regulate and moderate. When last did he post any news concerning any topic? But linda ikeji sources for information and stories herself. This makes her an authority. The same cannot be said of nairaland where every tom, dick and harry can post anything he/she likes.

Linda Ikeji is also a blog that gossips about your favorite celebs and personalities. This attracts people more than anything.

Linda Ikeji is more social and talks about her personal life some of the time. She is also a woman and she's cute, hence people will patronize her more.

It is easier to navigate though linda ikeji's blog than through a forum like nairaland.

Linda has more flexible advertising options for businesses than nairaland. That means she monetizes her site better than seun.

There are more reasons, but I'll stop for now and like I said before, if seun is happy with the way nairaland is and the money he makes, then we shouldn't complain about it.

However, as owner of the most visited indigenous site in Nigeria, Seun is terribly messing up. Seun no vex, but thats my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by CaptBarbosa: 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
chronique: Funny enough,my nairaland account is always open 24/7 but I can't remember what year I visited linda ikeji's blog. And since she started her blog,I'm not sure I've visited it up to 5 times. Same thing with bella naija and co. But I've spent several yrs on nairaland. Different strokes for different folks.

If you want a more matured blog visitors and real-time decoding, then visit Stalla's blog. She only approve response with substance and some first to "commenters" like Linda
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by scribble: 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
9jagirl4re: They make phone calls, get connections, promote the blog online by commenting, executing social media initiatives, entertain executives, entourage/security, organize and other PA duties etc; Some work from home office interviewed at hotel meeting room, others from home. Look for rich families children helps with connections.

A favor has now been deposited in the favor bank grin

omg so some of the comments are fake

why u talk am na

always knew bonario was too loyal to be independent

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by fflamingo(m): 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Jarus: Last week, I had a meeting at Ikoyi Club, with Director - Africa of a top platform, who's a UK-based Nigerian on 2-week market research visit to Nigeria.

DURING our discussions which bordered on penetrating local markets in Nigeria, our discussion spiraled to Nairaland and I told him I was very active on NL and in fact cut my internet teeth on NL. He told me he's been researching NL for 6 years! That the owner is elusive. I said I will try to introduce him to him, but doubt they would be able to meet offline - the option the guy preferred.

No one is asking Seun to be ubiquitous, but I still think he needs to show up in the public once in a while. For example, he was invited to Aso Rock as one of the "Top 100 Nigerian Youths" selected by The Future Awards organisers. He didn't show up.

I'm sure he gets interview invites from TV and Radio stations from time to time, he's never been on any to discuss the success of his startup.

I think Seun needs a corporate face.

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Toroze(m): 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
One Question Who Gets More Hits on a Daily Basis
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Tex42(m): 3:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
dryakson: If the op no b Linda Ikeja, make una carry gun shoot me.... Chaii another advertising.....
Who ever posted this topic to the front page deserves suspension from seun..... Am sure many will go to Linda's blog..
Just watching
I Tell u. some one is about to get his/her a$s fired by seun.

Nland mods sha...lol!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
i guess the OP is also ignorant of the big firms that advertise on NL
SEUN has a advertisement rate that both the high and low income earners can afford.
Autodealers,construction engineers av made it big here on NL,many ahs gotten employment via NL,many Nigerians abroad gain info that served as a foundational basis that made them successful during interview and after departure and many more.
Thumbz up to SEUN and keep up the good work.
I neva regretted joining NL,everyone can play,not all can win

5 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Randerl: 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
Linda's Blog = 1 Man Show

Seun's NL = 1.2 Million Subscribers' Community
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by CaptBarbosa: 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
Tex42: I Tell u. some one is about to get his/her a$s fired by seun.

Nland mods sha...lol!

Linda is just trying to re introduce herself, cos her blog is going down by the ours. Go check the juveniles commenting on her blog presently, all of them are on paid per post.

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by chiebuka600(m): 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
Not Again!! Fans Slam Beyonce for Photoshopping her Thigh (Photos)

Beyonce has suffered regarding this issue. Once again, she was under attck from fans after they alleged she photoshopped her thigh gap.
They say the distortion of her thigh is so visible in the pic shows it was worked on...A few read..
-Why the hell is Beyonce photoshopping in a thigh gap?’

Read more & See full photos here: http://www..com/2014/09/photos-fans-angry-with-beyonce-for_17.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Access Bank Acquires Diamond Bank / I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady / More Than 60 Million Nigerians Are Unbanked – World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.