Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland (64330 Views)

5 Reasons Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! / Who Makes More Cash Everyday Between Linda Ikeji And Seun Of Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by EmoBoy(m): 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
Jarus: Last week, I had a meeting at Ikoyi Club, with Director - Africa of a top platform, who's a UK-based Nigerian on 2-week market research visit to Nigeria.

DURING our discussions which bordered on penetrating local markets in Nigeria, our discussion spiraled to Nairaland and I told him I was very active on NL and in fact cut my internet teeth on NL. He told me he's been researching NL for 6 years! That the owner is elusive. I said I will try to introduce him to him, but doubt they would be able to meet offline - the option the guy preferred.

No one is asking Seun to be ubiquitous, but I still think he needs to show up in the public once in a while. For example, he was invited to Aso Rock as one of the "Top 100 Nigerian Youths" selected by The Future Awards organisers. He didn't show up.

I'm sure he gets interview invites from TV and Radio stations from time to time, he's never been on any to discuss the success of his startup.

I think Seun needs a corporate face.

You're not kidding me. Seun is this true?

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
wepingtk:

I don't know if it's built from scratch or not

n even though is not built from scratch u can still try n change some format
Nairaland ad cost 8k. Very cheap. It looks more like an abandoned site. Graphics is -0.1, with tom dic-k and Harry as Mod.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by uzolexis(f): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
Lol....Seun has gotten over a thousand mentions 2day 4rm this topic grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Orikinla(m): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
mrnigeria:
Nairaland is a forum. Linda ikeji operates a blog. The two are very different. Nairaland can be more marketable, yes. But the trashy topics are the things that make Nairaland a hit. I got to Nairaland every day. I go to Linda Ikeji once in six months. And yes, I have money to spend. Bleep that wealthy reader ish.

Nairaland is worth more millions of dollars than LIB.
Lest we forget, LIB is on free domain and free hosting platform that Blogger can delete anytime.
Nobody will buy that in the US or UK.

Have you ever seen where a blog on sub domain attracted bids on international online market?

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by morefire: 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
pweedyuz: sooo wat r u doing here

he has brought up a very vital point your there asking.... I was arguing with someone last week that Nairaland was the most creative blog in the country he smiled and said ask Linda only for me to see that linda spent almost 30million on 2 cars in one week.. if naira land is not making more than her then seun you need to re engineer things... you are our own Mark and not that Amebo of a woman that gives fake stories

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
Megaphone: I was talking to a ceo of a huge advertising agency on the island, and i told him i do not believe linda bought that car for 24b million naira in cash. How come she makes so much money? I told him about a site called nairaland and he laughed. He said his agency had patronized linda to te tune of about 5m in cash, and he hasn't even bought any space on nairaland. i asked why.. He gave me about four reasons reasons

Nairaland's homepage looks idiotic on a desktop. The page looks like an abandoned webpage and that chases potential customers away

Nairaland seems to have more low income bracket users than high income. Linda Ikeji on the other hand has got a lot of High income readers and they have the financial capacity to purchase products advertised on the blog. On the other hand Nairaland's users are mainly job seekers, scammers and the likes or small start business men who just dont have the money. They come to the site to trade their 'goods' and not to buy anyway

Nairaland doesn't have a face. He compared Stella Dimok to Linda. He said how many times do you see Stella in Public? Shes based in Germany and so no face. Same with Nairaland. No one knows whos behind it. He said Great organisations always have a face. A CEO out there in the public eyes. He then gave examples like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and so many others. They're out there in the public eye. That he said does not just attract customers but big time investors. He said Linda Ikeji is more out there, more social and so people like her (shes pretty too) and trust her with big money more than someone whom they do not even know!

Nairaland's frontpage contains trashy topics. He said when you got topics like ' Why do ladies fart?'on the frontpage or which do you prefer Chicken or turkey on a front page, then that kind of site cant be taken serious by any customer or investor. Linda's blog on the other hand contains trendy and fashionable topics that attracts upscale folks and wealthy readers. Advertisers he says love such a medium.

Chai - see finishing in this thread angry
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ionsman: 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
scribble: Glad to see this topic here

Linda makes at least $40000 a month in ad revenue but does she have anybody on her payroll?

Apart from that sloth, Laura

The ad agency guy is just silly... most major advertisers come to NL...

Seuns own is just cheaper even though his traffic is the highest in Nigeria....

Seun doesn't want to do this for profit only...he wants everyone to benefit from the community (having something for everyone is the advertisers dream)

In fact Seun is like the Jesus of Nigeria internet....if he had a donate button like Wikipedia...

I would dash him at least 10k just cos I like the value he has created....

God has not finished with Seun or nl yet
Oh my! What has God got to do with this? The O.p just shared the conversation he had with someone and you are saying God hasn't finished with seun or nl. He has finished with Linda right?

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Anago18 also known as eggheaders, berem or mzjackbauress is not included though grin
I thought you were done spamming my mentions. You wan start again Sunny? Sunny remember you're a married man. Kpa cha anyagi!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ladej(m): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
iceberylin: seun Gat the Fame....linda gat the Cash...That's all!!!!
WHAT FAME? YOU NEED A RECOGNISABLE FACE TO BE FAMOUS YOU KNOW? HE SUCCESSFUL........NOT NECESSARILTY FAMOUS

AND MAY NOT WANT TO BE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by maclatunji: 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
Orikinla:

OP, you are an id-iot and the so called CEO you quoted is an id-iot as well.
Majority of local AD Agencies patronize Google AdWords and Google AdWords then spreads the adverts on thousands of Nigerian websites and foreign websites frequented by Nigerians.

LIB makes millions from direct events and products promos and she makes about N3m monthly, but not on a regular basis.

LIB will not get a single advert from agencies if she were in the US, UK and other developed countries, because they don't advertise on blogs on sub domains.

I successfully used Nairaland for the publicity advert of Transerve Disc Technologies and got over 1 million impressions and over 3, 000 visits to the company's website.

Nairaland remains the most affordable most Nigerian visited public website to advertise.

PS: I have recommended LIB to major advertisers like Ekulo Group and she got her Nokia contract through me.

You market for the cheap on Nairaland and then advertise the big brands on Linda's blog. Seun are you reading? The big brands are abandoning Nairaland for Linda, what are you going to do about it? grin grin grin Marry the woman so that you can unite the businesses and keep it under one roof is what I says. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by mrrock: 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
@Megaphone
You're absolutely correct!.

The problem is the owner of this site isn't a matured business man. I have on several times talked about this on this site instead whenever I mention something like this I get a ban or your post blocked. I remember 2 years ago I and fellow forumers had to literally beg him to model a better engine for serving his ads before he was compelled to fashion his ads service as it's today. It's either someone is behind somewhere trying to run-down this site or the owner is just a bloody foool!.
It happened just 3 weeks ago when I advised the guy to add a ''report'' button and filter some of the junk topics they bring to the front page but instead he blocked the post. Few days later I saw he indeed added the report button!.

This site would have been the biggest site not only in Nigeria but in Africa but for poor management. The owner of this site don't know what he's doing. Eventually, someone will come up with a more serious forum and before they realize it it would be too late for them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by scribble: 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
ketoprofen:

Lol, I think its punchng.com

Nairaland

Linda ikeji

Punch

Vanguard

Go to alexa.com
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by 4C2215131: 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
Kinda different in their perspective ; forum as opposed to blog. Could be better though as the OP made some valid points especially that on inane, childish, over-flogged and outright bull topics hitting the front page.

Seun needs to have a sit down with his moderators and educate them some more on the basis of what makes a front page topic. This is very important as the front page is what a visitor sees for the first time and topics headlined therein is his first indicator to how 'involved' the forum is. So when topics like the OP mentioned is headlining it leaves very little to the imagination. That said, Seun is really doing a nice thing here. Keep it up as everything don't eventually boil down to Naira and Kobo despite what people think.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Karleb(m): 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
DonaldGenes: Seun,iThink it is time to up your game up

I want to suggest that Front page should also carry along Pictures with the Story such that it can attract more people...

[size=32pt]The wrongest idea of all!! angry

Sir, keep that idea back into your pocket angry angry

Thanks! angry

[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ladej(m): 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
Orikinla:

Nairaland is worth more millions of dollars than LIB.
Lest we forget, LIB is on free domain and free hosting platform that Blogger can delete anytime.
Nobody will buy that in the US or UK.

Have you ever seen where a blog on sub domain attracted bids on international online market?
BEEF AND KPOMO WITH A SPRINKLING OF SHAKI AND ABODI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ElFenomeno1: 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
cirmuell: Seriously you guys should let this rest already, a blog is different from a forum.
Your points are out of place and idiotic.

Thank you. A wise one among a lot daft cun...ts!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ibedun: 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
In all of these Seun is a typical SW man.

We all know where the loud and brash ones hail from. cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by iceberylin(m): 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
ladej: WHAT FAME? YOU NEED A RECOGNISABLE FACE TO BE FAMOUS YOU KNOW? HE SUCCESSFUL........NOT NECESSARILTY FAMOUS

AND MAY NOT WANT TO BE
if you like kill yaself!!
Nl is already now successful than LIB may ever Be !!!!! tongue
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by MissTeaseMe(f): 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
adekayo1234: eventhough I agree with some of op's points, the fact has not change, Nl is the best thing that ever happened to my internet life. the homepage surely need some classy touch but one thing I will not want seun to sacrifice is the ease with which every device navigates Nl. Linda ikeji blog is so trashy, lacks content and can never stand shoulder to shoulder with Nl.

God bless Seun
God bless Nairaland
I applaud you, well said.
Truth is with little additions such as escrow services (chelseabmw note this pls), companies using the forum for surveys, chat feature for members to interact privately, good graphic interface for front page, SEUN IS A POTENTIAL BILLIONARE. LIB is just a blog it can NEVER stand the test of time as nairaland has done. WATCHOUT for seun. I hope he gets a business adviser. The Financial potential of nairaland has not even been scratched.

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
This media owner does not share in the same vision and philosophy with Linka-Ikejis'
Although I suspect both of them (Seun and Ikeji) share same principles in their operation. I also believe both are familiar with each other.
One from a densely populated western Nigeria and the other from eastern Nigeria. Both are opposite sex.
One quiet and the other loud. You can easily see the differences.
One way of advancing this industry is merger or acquisition. shocked This might not sound nice to some people.
I am coming to explain further. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Bizibi(m): 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
I love nairaland but seun need to make some little changes on this site and if I were to be a wealthy investor I would choose nairaland to any.........
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by mu2sa2: 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun and Linda are poles apart. Nairaland is an encyclopedia - everything is there.But a serious person wont even go to linda's because there's nothing for him/her there. Besides money may not be the sole focus of Seu . And who knows what's going on between linda and her praise- singer men.

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by 4C2215131: 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
kingthreat: Nairaland's Web design is based on simplicity and adaptation to all devices. Linda Ikeji uses an annoying theme tgat takes forever to load on a phone.

True dat.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
scribble: I know a bit about blogging and us advertisers advertise in blogs too

Ever heard of gossip, Perez Hilton, TMZ, WorldStar?

Major US companies, the Fortune 500 and Hollywood routinely do product activation with these guys

Besides Linda probably makes double that N3m. U don see that big IMO banner today

Her "daddy" probably thinks she is a wizard blogging from iPhone and computer making billions

TMZ and Worldstarhiphop aren't blogs.

Time Warner Inc. took control of TMZ as far back as 2009 and Time Warner is a Fortune 500 company. Worldstarhiphop has never been a blog - it has always been a video website like youtube.

Stop pontificating tripe, there's absolutely no way a blog like that with just one static page, and no sub-header, and lesser traffic can make more money in cyberspace than nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by mindworx: 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nairaland is not Seun's property. It belongs to over 1.2 million Nigerians in-country and in diaspora.
Seun has his private blog here.
Nairaland can outlive Seun. Its not just about money.
BTW, who told you Linda makes more money than Seun?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by BabaEleko(m): 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
ZACHIE: Rubbish
NL is a go-to-resource centre by the serious and academic, Linda is just garbage.

After all the rubbishy hype, NL will get better and stronger down the line, Linda will be dead buried, and forgotten.

And, true, SEUN does not need to thrust his face in your face.

He is who he is, a nerd, a workaholic.....take it or prostrate to a moving a trailer

O Lord, please bless me with a mountain of garbage like Aunty Linda. Let the garbage be so HUGE that even oga at the top at PSP will resign because he cannot come and go and die of garbage. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
9jagirl4re: I don't agree that woman spend more then men. On fashion and cosmetics yeah but as a person who grew up with family distribution men spend more on car, liquor, and food. Seun is trying to do everything himself instead of hiring people that can take him to the next level.
If he was Igbo he would have at least 10 boy boy serving him like Linda. She calls them interns. He is really intelligent but he is not a business man yet.

And what does this "interns" do in particular? undecided
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Orikinla(m): 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
I am happy this topic made front page on a website that was the first to put Linda Ikeji on the front page in 2007.
The comments are enough for me to gauge the IQ of majority of the posters and I can now see that the intellectually re-tarded are in majority. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by zappyj(m): 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
I seem to be the only who doesn't visit LIB..I prefer NL anyday, anytime.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by maclatunji: 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
Where is the money on the Internet? I need directions. grin grin grin From my projections, Seun and Linda Ikeji are still playing in Division 3 of Internet moneymakers. When will a Nigerian platform rise to be a globally competitive and respected innovator that leads the way for others to follow? Only time as they say will tell... grin grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Seun(m): 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
JeffreyJamez: And what does this "interns" do in particular? undecided
Yes, 9jagirl4re, please tell us more about Linda's interns. I know about her business manager but not the interns.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Gives Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado, A N200M Worth Rolls Royce Car / Bitcoin Lord Recovers His Cars From EFCC (Photos) / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Honeymoon Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.