Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland (64324 Views)

5 Reasons Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! / Who Makes More Cash Everyday Between Linda Ikeji And Seun Of Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Jarus(m): 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
zappyj: I seem to be the only who doesn't visit LIB..I prefer NL anyday, anytime.

I can count on my fingertips the number of times I have ever visited LIB since I got to know about it 5 years ago!

6 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
ketoprofen:

Lol, I think its punchng.com
no dear. Nairaland is the most trafficked indigenous site in nigeria.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by scribble: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
shymexx:

TMZ and Worldstarhiphop aren't blogs.

Time Warner Inc. took control of TMZ as far back as 2009 and Time Warner is a Fortune 500 company. Worldstarhiphop has never been a blog - it has always been a video website like youtube.

Stop pontificating tripe, there's absolutely no way a blog like that with just one static page, and no sub-header, and lesser traffic can make more money in cyberspace than nairaland.

TMZ was a blog acquired by a fortune 500 company. I wonder why? Surely it had nothing to do with the fact that it had traffic and ad revenue...

But don't mind me, I'm a pontificater

And about worldstar surely you haven't heard the word news blog or video blog before....feel free to just believe it is a video site alone....

Structure matters, content is posted there by few people and the goal is to get views and comments....

I wonder where elese I've seen thatbstructure before...surely it wasn't a blog...

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by amiskurie(m): 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hiaan,must I comment?

Linda what?....

....rubbish blog,only a person with his or her brain shrinking will b addicted to that thing.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by maestroferddi: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: OP,if that guy really talked to you dat way,he's not not a CEO. angry
hw many pple knew the owners of Jobberman b4 now?
Are u saying having a face out there gets half d job done cos i've neva seen Linda Ikeji address a press conference neither av i seen her at programmes pple(zukerberg et al) u compared her with attend.Or are u saying just appearing at parties will increase Seun's stock? undecided
The views and more are spot on.

I advise you get yourself the book "Road To CEO" by Sharon Voros.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
No one knows
whos behind it. He said Great organisations
always have a face. A CEO out there in the public
eyes. He then gave examples like Bill Gates, Mark
Zuckerberg, and so many others. They're out
there in the public eye.
So on point!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by maclatunji: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Orikinla: I am happy this topic made front page on a website that was the first to put Linda Ikeji on the front page in 2007.
The comments are enough for me to gauge the IQ of majority of the posters and I can now see that the intellectually re-tarded are in majority. grin

You are missing the mark with your cheap shots oga, stop hating the woman. I cannot say I like Linda Ikeji but you have to give her credit as a business woman. Her efficiency ratio is ridiculously good.

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by maclatunji: 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Jarus:

I can count on my fingertips the number of times I have ever visited LIB since I got to know about it 5 years ago!

Millions can say the same about Nairaland. So your point is?

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by mrnigeria(m): 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Orikinla:

Nairaland is worth more millions of dollars than LIB.
Lest we forget, LIB is on free domain and free hosting platform that Blogger can delete anytime.
Nobody will buy that in the US or UK.

Have you ever seen where a blog on sub domain attracted bids on international online market?
I believe that OP should be investigated. This is a very bad scheme of diverting traffic from our dear Nairaland.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
justwise:

Probably from madeup.com but thanks for the traffic
grin however we should consider dis insightful.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun, so if Nigeria breaks up like many members wish for, what will happen to your NAIRA land brand?

What will be the new currency in the land?

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ketoprofen(m): 2:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
nchewi: no dear. Nairaland is the most trafficked indigenous site in nigeria.
OK, thanks
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by BodyKiss(m): 2:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
ZACHIE: Rubbish
NL is a go-to-resource centre by the serious and academic, Linda is just garbage.

After all the rubbishy hype, NL will get better and stronger down the line, Linda will be dead buried, and forgotten.

And, true, SEUN does not need to thrust his face in your face.

He is who he is, a nerd, a workaholic.....take it or prostrate to a moving a trailer

Too bad the real world doesn't work like you think.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
You go sabi gossip... kiss
Megaphone: I was talking to a ceo of a huge advertising agency on the island, and i told him i do not believe linda bought that car for 24b million naira in cash. How come she makes so much money? I told him about a site called nairaland and he laughed. He said his agency had patronized linda to te tune of about 5m in cash, and he hasn't even bought any space on nairaland. i asked why.. He gave me about four reasons reasons

Nairaland's homepage looks idiotic on a desktop. The page looks like an abandoned webpage and that chases potential customers away

Nairaland seems to have more low income bracket users than high income. Linda Ikeji on the other hand has got a lot of High income readers and they have the financial capacity to purchase products advertised on the blog. On the other hand Nairaland's users are mainly job seekers, scammers and the likes or small start business men who just dont have the money. They come to the site to trade their 'goods' and not to buy anyway

Nairaland doesn't have a face. He compared Stella Dimok to Linda. He said how many times do you see Stella in Public? Shes based in Germany and so no face. Same with Nairaland. No one knows whos behind it. He said Great organisations always have a face. A CEO out there in the public eyes. He then gave examples like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and so many others. They're out there in the public eye. That he said does not just attract customers but big time investors. He said Linda Ikeji is more out there, more social and so people like her (shes pretty too) and trust her with big money more than someone whom they do not even know!

Nairaland's frontpage contains trashy topics. He said when you got topics like ' Why do ladies fart?'on the frontpage or which do you prefer Chicken or turkey on a front page, then that kind of site cant be taken serious by any customer or investor. Linda's blog on the other hand contains trendy and fashionable topics that attracts upscale folks and wealthy readers. Advertisers he says love such a medium.

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by lawrsmith(m): 2:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
pweedyuz: sooo wat r u doing here
he is here to advertise linda Ikeji blog
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by lawrsmith(m): 2:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
pweedyuz: sooo wat r u doing here
he is here to advertise linda Ikeji blog i guess
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by 4C2215131: 2:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
GreyBlood: The one about the nairaland homepage looking like a piece of sh*t on a desktop is so true. I can't access nairaland on a desktop. It's so bland and tasteless with so many empty spaces, but looks better on mobile.

But that's the beauty of it, the idea. When designing a commercial web page or any page for that matter one must find a way to balance artistic expression and practicality. Weighing a web page down with all the bells and whistles only makes it take forever to 'load' and may not load at all on some slow connections and even devices lacking certain plugins. So, for ease of access by all and sundry in terms of people, connection speed and device characteristics one would need to develop a web page that can be easily accessed like NL afterall what's the use of all the flashy graphics and whatnot when one cannot load the page and get access to it's contents.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ducii: 3:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
ibedun: Everything in Nija revolves around money- another great sign of poverty.
Seun please leave the show offs to those people and concentrate on giving us value and increasing your traffic.
In time, all will naturally convert into a rock-solid enduring cashcow.
The other site is a fad and it will die out in time (as the lady in question gets older and younger rivals set up their own blogs).
NL would not be as susceptible to competition as the other site.
and you think she does not have other business ideas. that girl is very sensible and has a lot of money. so she will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by killercute16(m): 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
scribble: Glad to see this topic here

Linda makes at least $40000 a month in ad revenue but does she have anybody on her payroll?

Apart from that sloth, Laura

The ad agency guy is just silly... most major advertisers come to NL...

Seuns own is just cheaper even though his traffic is the highest in Nigeria....

Seun doesn't want to do this for profit only...he wants everyone to benefit from the community (having something for everyone is the advertisers dream)

In fact Seun is like the Jesus of Nigeria internet....if he had a donate button like Wikipedia...

I would dash him at least 10k just cos I like the value he has created....

God has not finished with Seun or nl yet
And wat if i say this post should be awarded.

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by benardtotti(m): 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
EmoBoy:

You're not kidding me. Seun is this true?
its very true bro! I don't know what seun is afraid of, seun I can be your shadow man and I will do it for free,I will represent you anywhere!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ducii: 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
Orikinla:

Nairaland is worth more millions of dollars than LIB.
Lest we forget, LIB is on free domain and free hosting platform that Blogger can delete anytime.
Nobody will buy that in the US or UK.

Have you ever seen where a blog on sub domain attracted bids on international online market?

you keep talking of the US and the UK, is she in these countries, she has created a blog for the Nigerian market and it is working for her, that is the major thing

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by daveP(m): 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
About location linda=0

about technology=0

gossip=100/100.

And for once i just thought of what would have happened if they both switched ownership. Linda should takeover Nairaland. Perhaps fashion news would full frontpage(i cant imagine the changes she would do to nairaland). But definitely Seun would change LIB in a few weeks. Thats it!

Only Nairaland is yet to see its fulllll potential. Luckily it has a potential, cant say the same for mono- LIB!!

@OP uve lost the point before you even began.

"corpers batch C meet here"

"health benefits"

"latest on tech"

"celeb news"

"interactivity"

"influence"

LIB doesnt have the aboved. Doesnt let people mingle... Etc

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Olaone1: 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
scribble: I know a bit about blogging and us advertisers advertise in blogs too

Ever heard of gossip, Perez Hilton, TMZ, WorldStar?

Major US companies, the Fortune 500 and Hollywood routinely do product activation with these guys

Besides Linda probably makes double that N3m. U don see that big IMO banner today

Her "daddy" probably thinks she is a wizard blogging from iPhone and computer making billions

Advertisers are ready to advertise on any platform. It doesn't matter if it's a blog. They want traffic.....they want conversion.

Linda is into gossip; has no ethics. it is all about profit maximization unlike Nairaland. Seun even rejects ads, at times

Some of the stories (gossip) on LIB are, in fact, ads.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
scribble:
TMZ was a blog acquired by a fortune 500 company. I wonder why? Surely it had nothing to do with the fact that it had traffic and ad revenue...

But don't mind me, I'm a pontificater

And about worldstar surely you haven't heard the word news blog or video blog before....feel free to just believe it is a video site alone....

Structure matters, content is posted there by few people and the goal is to get views and comments....

I wonder where elese I've seen thatbstructure before...surely it wasn't a blog...

When Harvey Levin started TMZ, it never had the mad traffic it has today. However, he used his links TV, to sell his dreams in its infancy to Time Warner - they saw the bigger picture - and decided to turn it into a cash cow. Do you even know much they spend to get the type of news they get in real-time? That's a multi-billion dollars investment - and you can't compare that to a basic gossip site.

Q started worldstarhiphop as video website, something like youtube, and not a blog. Have you ever watched Q's interview and how he started his website? Worldstarhip has no structure, apart from trolls who post dumb comments there. Its traffic comes from being a black youtube - and that's what it has always been. People go there just to watch videos.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ikengawo:

A lot of what you said is true

But i disagree with the high/low income thing. Not every company is aiming for high income people. Indomie for example doesn't care, as long as you have kids. Politicians also aim for low income people. There are plenty of uses for low income customers. Otherwise yeah, Nairaland is great but it's not run like a business. The layout has been ugly for a long time and unchanging. The tribal wars are what's driving traffic and the mods know this, but they also kill the brand.

the REAL difference is Linda Ikeja's customers are WOMEN and women are more likely to spend than men. There's a wider range of products that appeal to them and if you look at Linda Ikeja's ads, you'll see that gender is the difference maker. Nairaland needs to start looking at it's self as Africa's facebook or google and striving to compete. It's being run like a blog. It have FAR more potential than Linda Ikeja

Linda ikeja ko linda ojota ni. Lol

Its ikeji not adeniyi jones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
berem: I thought you were done spamming my mentions. You wan start again Sunny? Sunny remember you're a married man. Kpa cha anyagi!

Na you I dey marry?
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
One word: demeaning. Bye, Ladystewie. I'm leaving nairaland. cry
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by 9jagirl4re(f): 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun: Yes, 9jagirl4re, please tell us more about Linda's interns. I know about her business manager but not the interns.
Mostly girls some boys that do stuff for free for job credit and experience. They get perks too like going to events, meeting celebrities, free products, parties etc;
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by free2ryhme: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
scribble: Glad to see this topic here

Linda makes at least $40000 a month in ad revenue but does she have anybody on her payroll?

Apart from that sloth, Laura

The ad agency guy is just silly... most major advertisers come to NL...

Seuns own is just cheaper even though his traffic is the highest in Nigeria....

Seun doesn't want to do this for profit only...he wants everyone to benefit from the community (having something for everyone is the advertisers dream)

In fact Seun is like the Jesus of Nigeria internet....if he had a donate button like Wikipedia...

I would dash him at least 10k just cos I like the value he has created....

God has not finished with Seun or nl yet

Why can't u say seun is like the mohammed of nigeria internet? Or are you afraid of those islamic fundamentalist group

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ladej(m): 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
iceberylin:
if you like kill yaself!!
Nl is already now successful than LIB may ever Be !!!!! tongue
LUCKILY FOR YOU YABA LEFT HAS ONE MORE VACANCY.............

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Gives Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado, A N200M Worth Rolls Royce Car / Bitcoin Lord Recovers His Cars From EFCC (Photos) / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Honeymoon Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.