Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,952 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. (1731 Views)

18 Year Old Girl Tries To Commit Suicide After Boyfriend Dumped Her (photos) / TRAGIC!! DELSU Female Student Commits Suicide After She Was Jilted By Lover. / Heartbroken: Jilted By My Girlfriend For An 'Ex-Boyfriend' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2008
Lady commits suicide after being jilted by lover
Written by Evelyn Usman
Saturday, November 1, 2008

Like every young lady from humble homes who go through thick and thin to ensure a better living condition for her parents, 21-year-old Promise, from Akwa-Ibom State, left her home town four years ago for Lagos, in search of greener pasture. Life at first in Lagos, was not as easy as she had envisaged back in the village.

This was because efforts by Promise who was barely 17 years then to make ends meet met a brisk wall. She was said to have worked as sales girl in over nine restaurants, all in her bid to save some money to further her education.

But harassment from male folks ended her chances, as the promising young lady was reported to have vowed not to succumb to the temptation of using her woman- hood which she considered her most prized possession, in exchange for what she wanted.

In some of the restaurants, assault from these male customers in the full glare of her employers, who sometimes looked the other way in order to retain them, made the timid village girl to sometimes, politely register her dissatisfaction and at other times openly insulted them when such harassment became too close for comfort.

On several occasions, her action was vehemently kicked against by her employers, leading to her being sacked and thereby, returning her to the waiting hands of hunger. The mere thought of returning back to the village after several failed attempts, sent trepidation and uncertainty down the spine of the frustrated teenager, as going back home was as good as remaining where she was.

Just when she began giving up on hope, fate smiled on her as a friend introduced her to an American who was desperately looking for a loyal housemaid. Aside her monthly salary, she was given a-room apartment in her employer’s building in Ikoyi and this afforded her the opportunity to send money to her folks back in the village. But like some good things which never last forever, her employer who was on a business contract in Nigeria, left a year ago for the United States of America, throwing Promise back to the cold.

But it was not too long before she got a similar job in Association Avenue, Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi, where the unexpected happened, following the discovery of the lifeless body of Promise dangling on top of a pole in front of her boys quarters apartment, last week Monday.

The atmosphere in the sleepy Dolphin Estate on that fateful day was charged following a scream from an unknown person on sighting the remains of the housemaid on top of a pole, with a rope tied to her neck. Time was 7pm. As the owner of the building simply identified as Mr. Apolos and other curious sympathizers got to the scene, a piece of paper on which was scribbled “Please forgive me. This is the number of my boyfriend, call him to come and see what he has done to me”, was reportedly found on the ground.

Preliminary investigations revealed that Promise eventually succumbed to the love advancement of one Steven Ifeanyi after the latter’s promise to marry her and at the same time ensured she furthered her studies, which was the deceased dream. Crime guard gathered that the relationship blossomed by the day but like a pack of cards, it came crashing after Steven’s decision to end it all, resulting in Promise committing suicide, following her inability to bear the emotional pains .

Steven was contacted on the telephone number scribbled on the suicide note by the Police.

It was learnt that in his statement, he claimed he had to call off his relationship with Promise as a result of a strange illness she was suffering from. He claimed he won’t be able to cope with the financial burden of the ailment which he said made Promise complain of internal excruciating pains and most times she fainted in the process.

“I decided to inform her of my intention to quit during one of my visits, even though I earlier promised her I was going to marry her. But I could not go ahead with the marriage plan when I realized the illness was re-occurring. I did not kill her, neither did I cause her to commit suicide. On that day I told her she was a beautiful and nice person and as such would find a good man to marry.

Meanwhile, her corpse has been deposited in the public mortuary while operatives at the Homicide section of the Criminal Investigations Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, are still investigating the matter.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/nov/1/307.html
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by biolabee(m): 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2008
na wa o,
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by chika98: 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2008
elodie:

“I decided to inform her of my intention to quit during one of my visits, even though I earlier promised her I was going to marry her. But I could not go ahead with the marriage plan when I realized the illness was re-occurring. I did not kill her, neither did I cause her to commit suicide. On that day I told her she was a beautiful and nice person and as such would find a good man to marry.

How insensitive of him.
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by syren: 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2008
that's really sad, it was all too much for her in the end, I guess cry
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by arramyjay: 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2008
So sad.
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by dljbd1(m): 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2008
oops!
taking her own life. . . . .VERY WRONG!
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by lonelypal(m): 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2008
dl_jbd:

oops!
taking her own life. . . . .VERY WRONG!
I wonder o, dunno y most peeps goin tru emotional trauma contemplate suicide as d next step, aint worth it, its not d end of life. The Irony of d whole damn thing is that the guy or the gurl who jilts dem does not give an heck, undecided
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by MrCrackles(m): 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2008
Really Sad!
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by lucabrasi(m): 9:23pm On Nov 03, 2008
while im realli sorry for the girl,the guy did nothing wrong if that was the reason he cut the relationship off, taking care of a sick person or a re occuring sickenss takes a lot more than just love but dedication,long suffering especially financially in a place like naija with zero social welfare, its just sad how the girl started and ended up,
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by KarmaMod(f): 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2008
If a gf left a dude cos he was sick, i wonder what people would say
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by virgie(f): 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2008
I was an emotional wreck over one guy once but trust me, even at that time, it never ocurred to me to commit suicide.

The earlier we ladies begin to realize that men don't worth the trauma we go over them, the better for us.
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by asitis(f): 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2008
So sad!!!
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by MrCrackles(m): 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2008
virgie:

I was an emotional wreck over one guy once but trust me, even at that time, it never ocurred to me to commit suicide.

The earlier we ladies begin to realize that men don't worth the trauma we go over them, the better for us.

grin
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by igwe11(m): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2008
is a pity!
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2008
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by tpia: 10:37pm On Nov 03, 2008
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by plusQueen: 10:44pm On Nov 03, 2008
Poor girl.
The effect of frustration and hopelessness
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 03, 2008
While we hardly speak bad of the
dead in Nigeria, But I think
Her rxtn was over the board
For how years have they dated? shocked
Its really unfortunate  cry embarassed
Lesson for all immature Lovers
please, don't take ur life for any guy/lady
Man/woman wld always fail,
Only God CANNOT disappoint  angry
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by KarmaMod(f): 2:01am On Nov 04, 2008
Have you read the Kite Runner as well, tpia wink
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by TOYOSI20(f): 2:24am On Nov 04, 2008
@ Topic

It's unfortunate. . . . . . .she probably had huge self esteem issues. . . . . . sad
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by Akinagirl(f): 2:27am On Nov 04, 2008
Kite Runner, good book.
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by tmoney11(m): 3:12am On Nov 04, 2008
Na wa oooo, How old is the guy that Jilt the girl?
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by Cipriani(m): 9:23am On Nov 04, 2008
@poster

That girl needs to be flogged by the angels at heavensgate for being a dumbass

Are you sure she was psychologically okay? angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by Pennywise(m): 10:01am On Nov 04, 2008
I don't think the girl had any medical condition as explained by the boyfriend. More likely, it was a ruse woven to absolve himself of blame. Having said that he didnt deserve the negative attention and embarrassment from a deeply troubled girl.
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by tytylayor: 11:08am On Nov 04, 2008
sad story, sad story, sad life sad cry
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by tpia: 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by KarmaMod(f): 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2008
I love both. KR definitely made me cry though.
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by Busybody2(f): 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2008
May her soul RIP.
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by mondob2k(m): 1:47am On Nov 05, 2008
Very pathetic story. But she still didn`t ve to take her own life. So many relationships have been broken. And there aint suicide cases to match d number cry
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by ula(f): 10:39am On Nov 05, 2008
so unfortunante she had to end her life! she had her whole life aheadof her. no need crying over spilt milk!
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by spikedcylinder: 12:29pm On Nov 05, 2008
Tshew.

She died because she wanted to die. How is it the man's fault? The relationship wasn't working out for him and he wanted out. Simple as that.

She should go and rest in peace jare or whatever. undecided
Re: A Lady Commits Suicide After Being Jilted By Lover. by Gamine(f): 12:40pm On Nov 05, 2008
Who is the Fool now? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Suprise Her? / What A True Boyfriend Should Do… / I'm In Luv With My Boss's Girl - Am I Nuts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.