Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,419 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! (4621 Views)

When Your Main Chick Wants You To Barb But Side Chicks Wants Braids / This Naija Babe Wants You Guys To See Her Se.xy Stuffs / My Aunty's Husband Wants To Marry Me. He Says He's In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by namun(f): 11:46pm On Nov 03, 2008
laides,if your husband asks you to quit your job and become housewives, wanting you to abandon your career that you have been building without any tangible reasons and considering the economic situation would you do it
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by amievivian(f): 11:52pm On Nov 03, 2008
for what

why wld i do that n for no congent reason

that is insane

and inconsiderate of him too
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by myndofgold(f): 11:54pm On Nov 03, 2008
I will laugh him to a divorce,
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by MrCrackles(m): 11:54pm On Nov 03, 2008
i definitely wont be marrying a woman who would rather sit at home and claim to be a housewife!!
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by ifyalways(f): 12:02am On Nov 04, 2008
myndofgold:

I will laugh him to a divorce,

I wud ask him to sit back at home and take an odd job "husbandry" grin
Seriously,hes got to give me cogent and solid reasons and if i ever must do sumtin like this sef,it wud be 100% of my OWN accord,not sweet talked or forced into doing it.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by TOYOSI20(f): 2:25am On Nov 04, 2008
Hummmmm. . . . .I'm wondering what his reason would be. . . . . . . angry
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Akinagirl(f): 2:31am On Nov 04, 2008
He would need to have a very good reason for that. I couldn't do though, I cant sit at home all day being "housewifey." not contributing, doesn't click well with me.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Morenike3(f): 3:17am On Nov 04, 2008
tangible or intangible reason, No.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by iice(f): 9:37am On Nov 04, 2008
Hehehehe, if he wants to suffer, then sure i go make my career housewifery grin grin grin

There has to be a good reason why he would suggest it ooo
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by sistawoman: 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2008
I would not do it.

My husband would understand that i am not housewife material and asking me to quit and stay at home is an insult.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by tope2000(f): 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2008
There has to be a very STRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG REASON/S AS TO WHY.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by BabyJinx: 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by plusQueen: 6:30pm On Nov 04, 2008
Thank God my husband will never do that
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by rubi(f): 6:31pm On Nov 04, 2008
namun:

laides,if your husband asks you to quit your job and become housewives, wanting you to abandon your career that you have been building without any tangible reasons and considering the economic situation would you do it
Remember Idle work is devils workshop
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 04, 2008
The word housewife makes me cringe.

@ topic
This is an issue I have to discuss with my husband before I get married so that he can't from the blue wake up one morning to tell me I should quit my job. Even if he does, he would definitely know my answer which is NO.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by MrCrackles(m): 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2008
tope2000:

There has to be a very STRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG REASON/S AS TO WHY.

finish your statement naw naw
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by spikedcylinder: 8:32pm On Nov 04, 2008
Why would I not do it? Where else would I get the time to concoct the juju that would turn him to mugu? cheesy
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by victorian(f): 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2008
Hello ladies, what if your husband agrees while you were dating that ok, you can keep your job when you guyz eventually marry but after marriage and a baby comes in,then he puts his foot down that you have to quit your job or else, its big trouble , infact he will rake one day and threathen that he might send you to your parents if you are not ready for the motherly responsibilties in a marriage, what will you do? ( and mind you, he does not want a nanny)So what will you do?
Quit your job OR accept your husband's bluff that he might want a separation, then go ahead with your job?
Dicey right? cool,
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by whatever90(f): 9:17pm On Nov 04, 2008
i and i repeat wil not be a housewife

if he does not want me to work in coperate offices or in the hospital,then let him start up a business for me,and employ workers,i can as well have enough time for my child ,himself and me
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by tope2000(f): 9:18pm On Nov 04, 2008
MrCrackles:

finish your statement naw naw

heheheh . . . . maybe if i was been sexually harassed at work lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Angeleyz(f): 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2008
@topic
i will gladly give it all up. provided he is a billionnaire and i want for absolutely nothing
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by MrCrackles(m): 9:21pm On Nov 04, 2008
tope2000:

heheheh . . . . maybe if i was been sexually harassed at work lipsrsealed tongue

by Brash's run-along-the trouser-dingo grin
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by sistawoman: 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2008
My husband would never demand such of me. If so then i really dont know what i would do.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by A40(m): 10:15pm On Nov 04, 2008
What kind of man still does that in the 21st Century? This ain't medieval times i want to marry an asset not a liability ooh what happens if God Forbid something happens to me and i am unable to take care of the home how would my wife and kids survive?She has to work ooh if she earns more than me self no problem but she still has to give me that respect as her husband
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by NaijaWifey(f): 10:16pm On Nov 04, 2008
@whatever90 :

I agree with you 100% , either let me get a paycheck or give one! Either way one is coming to me with my name on it.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by victorian(f): 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2008
@ whatever90, you honestly believe he would want to open a business with workers’ filled for you, abi? When his main agenda is to make you stay puT at home smiley. He will simply tell you that to open a business that befits his beautiful wife, it need substantial amount of capital to arrange it to your taste? cool C’mon think of our savings for Christ sake, do you want me to run bankrupt, just try and understand, stay at home and train our kid for 2years, after that i would have saved enough to conveniently open your buisness for you cool.

@ Angeleyz, unless he is a billionaire O!, if not? He would still want you to stay home and care for ‘our’ first child’, so he/she will be a well brought up child.

@ Sistawoman, that’s a typical reaction/ thoughts of an independent wife who will begin to wonder why is this man trying to complicate our lives,  sad

@ A-40, men like that still exist, very welllllllll,
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by whatever90(f): 10:31pm On Nov 04, 2008
victorian:

@ whatever90, you honestly believe he would want to open a business with workers’ filled for you, abi? When his main agenda is to make you stay puT at home smiley. He will simply tell you that to open a business that befits his beautiful wife, it need substantial amount of capital to arrange it to your taste? cool C’mon think of our savings for Christ sake, do you want me to run bankrupt, just try and understand, stay at home and train our kid for 2years, after that i would have saved enough to conveniently open your buisness for you cool.

d day he will threaten my stay in his house,will be d day i will leave d house for him,wat nonsense,im i in a cage?im i supposed to be controlled?im not a feminist but at d same time ,my tots should be considered

nothing is going to change my mind,I'm not stupidly married

a business woman wt workers,will have enough time to face her family and kids

seriously don't u know that an idle mind . . . . . . . . . . . .  what wil she be doing everyday?sleep,wakeup,cook,eat,same activities for 2 good years? undecided

if he wont open up a business for me because of no finance then let him allow me continue working

so if i want to buy pants,pads,chewing gum,biscuit,sweet ,kuli-kuli,i will go to him and ask him for money?for 2 years?sorry but i call that stupidity

I'm not  going to be any house wife,just because one man told me to
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 04, 2008
victorian:

Hello ladies, what if your husband agrees while you were dating that ok, you can keep your job when you guys eventually marry but after marriage and a baby comes in,then he puts his foot down that you have to quit your job or else, its big trouble , infact he will rake one day and threathen that he might send you to your parents if you are not ready for the motherly responsibilties in a marriage, what will you do? ( and mind you, he does not want a nanny)So what will you do?
Quit your job OR accept your husband's bluff that he might want a separation, then go ahead with your job?
Dicey right? cool,

*Naija man and puerile threats with naija wife that'll condone crap**hisses*
Send you back to your parents? It looks as if someone would be moving into my own house to avoid such statements in future.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by tope2000(f): 10:36pm On Nov 04, 2008
whatever90:

nothing is going to change my mind,I'm not stupidly married

a business woman wt workers,will have enough time to face her family and kids

seriously don't u know that an idle mind . . . . . . . . . . . . what wil she be doing everyday?sleep,wakeup,cook,eat,same activities for 2 good years? undecided

if he wont open up a business for me because of no finance then let him allow me continue working

so if i want to buy pants,pads,chewing gum,biscuit,sweet ,kuli-kuli,i will go to him and ask him for money?for 2 years?sorry but i call that stupidity

I'm not going to be any house wife,just because one man told me to

Lol . . . . .but i agree though
An Idle mind is devils workshop wink
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by sistawoman: 10:45pm On Nov 04, 2008
I guess i will never really understand a man or a woman for that manner that flips the script after marriage or after they have the person 'hooked'.

To be totally honest when thinking about this question my first thought was, knowing who I am I told my hubby from jump street that I am a bring home the bacon pay someone else to fry it up type of woman. I would rather cut my eyes out with a spoon than be a housewife.

Then I thought I love this man so much and so deeply would i really change who i am at my core to make him happy? And real talk, I dont know the answer to that question; all i know is the thought of not having him scares me. Does that mean that I am lost in this marriage that i have become one of those desperate, will save my marriage for anything women? No I dont think that means that, i think it just means that maybe my negotiable and non-negotiable have shifted a little bit.

This thread has really given me some food for thought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

There's Dis Short Guy Dat I Just Met, Few Weeks Ago, He Is Caring, Lovin, Rich, Mobile, Outspoken,ne / Chaaaaaaaai! This Is Serious Ooooooo! I Don Dyeeee / Guys If You Dont Want To Marry A Virgin, That Is Your Own Wahala.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.