Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! (4628 Views)

When Your Main Chick Wants You To Barb But Side Chicks Wants Braids / This Naija Babe Wants You Guys To See Her Se.xy Stuffs / My Aunty's Husband Wants To Marry Me. He Says He's In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Okijajuju1(m): 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2008
tope2000:

lol . . .
WHAT MADE U SO SURE U WILL BE THE ONE PAYING FOR THE MARRIAGE it might as well be the woman and for the surname I'm not losing it for anyone. I'll be bearing both my maiden names as well my husband's 2gether cool

You so dont wanna go there on this thread.
Start a thread with this topic and watch the reaction.

PLEASE I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW> How many of us here on this thread were raised by housewives??

I was. A semi-housewife.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by NaijaWifey(f): 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2008
I'm sick of hearing Nigerian women trying to talk the yankee independent woman talk. If your husband askes you to quit your job and you don't, don't bother about proceedings, custody hearings or alimony, your ass would be out the door faster than you can say career.

I respect women who have built reasonable careers such as Politicians, Bankers, e.t.c. but when a man speaks, his word is LAW.  

This is exactly why alot of "yankee women" think twice about marrying Naija men.your thinking. Rubbish talk! I am an American woman, who loves and respects my Naija Hubby and he never ask to do something that will belittle my exsistence as his wife.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 04, 2008
I can't believe Okija juju just said that.
This marriage thing becomes less appealing daily. I need a break from NL.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Okijajuju1(m): 12:04am On Nov 05, 2008
j-girl:

Oh NO HE DIDN'T!
Someone tell me Okija was on crack when he posted this.
Even if I'm bearing his name. . . will my parents spend so much money to train me to this level and I'll make use of it catering to one useless insecure pig?
No woman is a property of any man. Your word is your law in your house, fine!
But let's see if the woman is "wise" enough not to cheat on you out of absolute boredom.

Look at who is calling us men insecure. Just because we asked to to quit you job for the sake of the kids and you switch into hyper-PMS mode.
sweetheart get it into your head now, You are your husbands property. Thats why you change your name to his after the dowry is paid.
Now the only reasonable part of your post is the cheating part which could really be a problem. But then, the shit is the same, a working class lady has more reasons and more avenues to cheat than a stay at home mum.
Your parents gave you an education so you dont end up a dumbass. This whole education thing is way over-rated. I would rather have an illiterate but good wife than an educated pain in the butt, who cares about nobody but herself.
And yes, Your husbands words are law. If you doubt me, ask your mum.

This is exactly why alot of "yankee women" think twice about marrying Naija men.your thinking. Rubbish talk! I am an American woman, who loves and respects my Naija Hubby and he never ask to do something that will belittle my exsistence as his wife.

Jesus!! What the heck are my hearing?? Your husband asking you to be a stay at home mum is now belittling?? So my ancestors up till the last generation have been belittling our mums?? What the hell are you talking about??

I'll be damned to let my kids be raised by househelps/nannies. angry
You are the wife, your job description includes house-keeping/breeding/upbringing.

*Morenike:

No, you wait.
I still can't believe what I read on NL last week; The bride's family pays for the wedding.
So, boy, if you ain't paying for that wedding, she's actually buying U.

And I hope you know that your wife can easily retain her last name in the marriage.

Your words are not LAW, but you may continue to believe so. Respect is 50:50. It's not a one-way traffic, now if you chose to demand respect from her by the cliche "my words are law", then baby, divorce will be rolling down your lane in a SUV

I'll cut my nuts off before I marry a woman who will bear/retain her maiden name. In what deluded world are you living in?? I am old school Nigerian, I paid the bride price, my surname. chikina.

And just so you know dear, I aint scared of divorcing your disobiedient ass any minute dear. What do I have to be scared of?? This is naija, I get sole custody of the children, pay no alimony and could still marry a 22 year old graduate with my money. You on the other hand would end up a frustrated single/divorced sister/usher in some church somewhere.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 05, 2008
uuu
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by oluite(f): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2008
God,i looked back and rembr hw frustratin it was wen i didnt av a job.I'm sure housewifery as a career is nt 4 me.hw low can one get,avin to ask 4 evrytin?NO!
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by oluite(f): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2008
OH!my mum is still workin till date. Woman have to be veryyyy wise in combining career and the home.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by namun(f): 12:02am On Nov 06, 2008
all of u saying ur husbads would not do it,hehe dont be too sure.
what if your husband wakes up one morning and says he is taking care of u and is able to do more if u as, but what he is asking u for is take better care of your child.
he is insisting, and there is no more peace in the house!!!
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by namun(f): 12:09am On Nov 06, 2008
@chaircover, thanks for the example you gave. it also happened to a lady that married a cousin of mine. if you see her now, men, i usually pity her. she has been carrying the children up and down and they have dropped from school. she used to be a beauty but now, let's not say more than that
ur post was gud!!
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by namun(f): 12:15am On Nov 06, 2008
@stillwater, if he wakes up with the idea after 6years,what would you do if it threatens ur msarriage. i have come acccross well educated men that will still ask their wives to sit at home later in the marriage
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by namun(f): 12:20am On Nov 06, 2008
Hello ladies, what if your husband agrees while you were dating that ok, you can keep your job when you guys eventually marry but after marriage and a baby comes in,then he puts his foot down that you have to quit your job or else, its big trouble , infact he will rake one day and threathen that he might send you to your parents if you are not ready for the motherly responsibilties in a marriage, what will you do? ( and mind you, he does not want a nanny)So what will you do?
Quit your job OR accept your husband's bluff that he might want a separation, then go ahead with your job?
Dicey right? ,
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Okijajuju1(m): 12:23am On Nov 06, 2008
The rule will be pretty simple.

Its either she ouits her job and takes care of the kids or quit mine and she takes care of us.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by namun(f): 12:25am On Nov 06, 2008
@angeleyez, u sabi say if fight happen , d luxury ends u would be thrown out without a pin to ur name
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by RichyBlacK(m): 12:36am On Nov 06, 2008
If the reason is "reasonable", the wife should comply. The most common reason is to take care of the kids. Though the woman earns no wage for that, but she's working for her family instead of for the government or some corporate entity. Finance should be considered too. If the family will not get into a financial mess as a result of the wife playing her traditional role of house-keeper and nurturer of the kids, then I see nothing wrong in it.

I'll advise the guys to discus this possibility with the woman before marrying her. You don't want to marry someone and later find out that she's anti-common sense!
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by steve49ja(m): 12:46am On Nov 06, 2008
I wonder what our nigerian women are turning into,seriously,are we still trading the paths of our fathers?i cant imagine asking my wife to quit work inorder to be there for the kids and she comes up with some flaming excuses that she cant and say my word aint law ah i no sure se e fit happen.
this should be planned out before marriage,for me you aint working, i prefer you have a shop,boutique or something close to the house,where youll go when the kids are in school and close when they return home so atleast you can support no matter how small while i do the collar job,i really cant imagine having my kids under the care of a househelp,nanny or my mum or whoever when my 'wife' is alive and healthy
ahh peeps cmon undecided

@okija
rightly said mehn
feeling your posts
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by JJYOU: 12:51am On Nov 06, 2008
i cant remember very well. is it small or big dogs that hangs itself with ropes?
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 06, 2008
sss
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by moneykid(m): 9:22am On Nov 06, 2008
angryAba. who wants to marry a lady with no ambition.Abi which man wul;d marry a woman who cant be of help to the home.Its not advisable for men to do that cos that kind of situation is only common to men who are xtremely jealous.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by RichyBlacK(m): 11:43am On Nov 06, 2008
chaircover:

The staying at home to look after children argument.

Please take time to read this argument properly before jumping to conclusions. I do sometimes believe that in some cases It is not always in the children's best interest than mum stays at home indefinitely to look after the kids.

If mum gas been "forced" to be a stay at home mum giving up a good job simply because her husband has threatened to divorce her and she is doing it against her will, then she wont be in the right state of mind emotionally to be the best she can be. She will in time become resentful and bitter.

Stay at home mums are sometimes isolated at home with their children thus depriving the kids of social skills especially if there are no other children in the vicinity. At children's parties you can easily spot the independent kids from the housewife kids. The housewife's kids are the ones who cry when someone new enters the room!

Your stay at home mum housewife generally speaking has no time to read or familiarise herself with what is going on in the world outside of the price of nappies & SMA because she is busy tending to all the needs of the home. Then she stands the risk of losing her husband anyway to the bright 23 year old first class graduate "IT consultant" as she seems more interesting and intelligent than the frumpy one at home. (there is no point dressing to the nines each morning when you wake up if all you will be doing is snapping egusi seeds and adding scoops of milk to bottles)

From my experience I find that I work harder at home than at work. . . . At work you can delegate and plan your workload at home you can't delegate to anyone especially if oga insists on the no housegirl policy & he wont help with any housework. At work I look at the clock and look forward to going home to see my family. I get involved in all the childrens activities and the whole family talks & plays from the moment we get in until bedtime.

I love my job and the people I work with and this is a part of my life that makes me a complete person. I also love the fact that I am able to contribute to my families well being.

Darling hubby thank you so very much for letting me be me. God Bles you. Love you lots & lots, a ma lo ara wa gbo gbo gbo Amin.

any ladies agree with this?

I agree with most of your points. Interesting view.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by JJYOU: 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2008
chaircover:

The staying at home to look after children argument.

Please take time to read this argument properly before jumping to conclusions. I do sometimes believe that in some cases It is not always in the children's best interest than mum stays at home indefinitely to look after the kids.

If mum gas been "forced" to be a stay at home mum giving up a good job simply because her husband has threatened to divorce her and she is doing it against her will, then she wont be in the right state of mind emotionally to be the best she can be. She will in time become resentful and bitter.

Stay at home mums are sometimes isolated at home with their children thus depriving the kids of social skills especially if there are no other children in the vicinity. At children's parties you can easily spot the independent kids from the housewife kids. The housewife's kids are the ones who cry when someone new enters the room!

Your stay at home mum housewife generally speaking has no time to read or familiarise herself with what is going on in the world outside of the price of nappies & SMA because she is busy tending to all the needs of the home. Then she stands the risk of losing her husband anyway to the bright 23 year old first class graduate "IT consultant" as she seems more interesting and intelligent than the frumpy one at home. (there is no point dressing to the nines each morning when you wake up if all you will be doing is snapping egusi seeds and adding scoops of milk to bottles)

From my experience I find that I work harder at home than at work. . . . At work you can delegate and plan your workload at home you can't delegate to anyone especially if oga insists on the no housegirl policy & he wont help with any housework. At work I look at the clock and look forward to going home to see my family. I get involved in all the childrens activities and the whole family talks & plays from the moment we get in until bedtime.

I love my job and the people I work with and this is a part of my life that makes me a complete person. I also love the fact that I am able to contribute to my families well being.

Darling hubby thank you so very much for letting me be me. God Bles you. Love you lots & lots, a ma lo ara wa gbo gbo gbo Amin.

any ladies agree with this?
interesting. do you think some women who dont want to work after child birth should be allowed the choice without being made to feel guilty?
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 07, 2008
fff
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Gamine(f): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2008
Hmm,

The reasons better be valid.

Thanks to the flexible nature of my Career/Profession

i can work anywhere.

Staying at home, is very welcome.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Cipriani(m): 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2008
The answer is YESSSSSSSSS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Morenike3(f): 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2008
*raised eyebrow*
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Cipriani(m): 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2008
Housewifery is the best profession for the feminine gender

So quit your job and start a new one at home and even your kids will be impressed cool cool cool tongue tongue tongue
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Morenike3(f): 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2008
Yea. . . . and how old are you? tongue
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Cipriani(m): 12:25am On Nov 15, 2008
*Morenike:

Yea. . . . and how old are you? tongue

I am in my thirties, so don't be scared. Being a fulltime housewife gives me joy because the educated ones (corporate

woman) we have nowadays are the most frustrating species of the feminine folks angry angry angry angry
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Morenike3(f): 12:29am On Nov 15, 2008
Cipriani:

I am in my thirties, so don't be scared. Being a fulltime housewife gives me joy because the educated ones (corporate

woman) we have nowadays are the most frustrating species of the feminine folks angry angry angry angry
Do you have a hard time deciding your sex?
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by LadyT(f): 12:37am On Nov 15, 2008
LMAO@Morenike

Its a transgendered! Dont be mean
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Opslag(m): 12:40am On Nov 15, 2008
*Morenike:

thot u were gone morenike?
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Morenike3(f): 12:41am On Nov 15, 2008
eh en, really?

LadyT:

LMAO@Morenike

Its a transgendered! don't be mean
lol tongue
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Cipriani(m): 12:49am On Nov 15, 2008
*Morenike:

No, I only took time off

LadyT:

LMAO@Morenike

Its a transgendered! don't be mean

transgendered ko, maleshe ni,

Na you be hefemale grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does It Mean When An Old Man Tries To Touch A Young Girl's Legs? / Whats Your Ideal Man/woman? / Suprising Traits Men Who Cheat Have In Common.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.