Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! (4626 Views)

When Your Main Chick Wants You To Barb But Side Chicks Wants Braids / This Naija Babe Wants You Guys To See Her Se.xy Stuffs / My Aunty's Husband Wants To Marry Me. He Says He's In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Morenike3(f): 10:47pm On Nov 04, 2008
Did someone actually say a housewife can open her own business?

Then she wouldn't be a housewife. She'd still be busy with her "work". so, scratch that.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by victorian(f): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2008
This thread has really given me some food for thought

Thats the whole idea,
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Okijajuju1(m): 10:57pm On Nov 04, 2008
Wow!! Now I am really scared of getting of married especially to a Y2K compliant babe.

A simple request like "Please honey I beleive that my earnings can cater for the upkeep of this family, so could you please quit your job so that you will have more time with the kids" and I am already hearing divorces and all sorts of threats.

To be frank, most of you ladies don't really need these careers, y'all are just looking for an excuse to leave the house in the morning, hang out and gossip with your mates, feel like co-providers (even though you earn just alittle above minimum wage) and finally feel like independent women (When in all honesty, you aint shit without us men) .

Now if lets say you work in a multi-national company were you are rolling with the big shots, it would be pretty inconsiderate of your husband to ask you to quit your job (even with a reasonable reason) , but if you are just a bloody secretary, whose work description includes making tea, xeroxes and taking minutes, then like hell you must quit your job.

I'm sick of hearing Nigerian women trying to talk the yankee independent woman talk. If your husband askes you to quit your job and you don't, don't bother about proceedings, custody hearings or alimony, your ass would be out the door faster than you can say career.

I respect women who have built reasonable careers such as Politicians, Bankers, e.t.c. but when a man speaks, his word is LAW.  angry
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by tope2000(f): 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2008
Why are men intimidated by successful women
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by sistawoman: 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2008
Okija_juju:

Wow!! Now I am really scared of getting of married especially to a Y2K compliant babe.

A simple request like "Please honey I beleive that my earnings can cater for the upkeep of this family, so could you please quit your job so that you will have more time with the kids" and I am already hearing divorces and all sorts of threats.

To be frank, most of you ladies don't really need these careers, y'all are just looking for an excuse to leave the house in the morning, hang out and gossip with your mates, feel like co-providers (even though you earn just alittle above minimum wage) and finally feel like independent women (When in all honesty, you aint shit without us men) .

Now if lets say you work in a multi-national company were you are rolling with the big shots, it would be pretty inconsiderate of your husband to ask you to quit your job (even with a reasonable reason) , but if you are just a bloody secretary, whose work description includes making tea, xeroxes and taking minutes, then like hell you must quit your job.

I'm sick of hearing Nigerian women trying to talk the yankee independent woman talk. If your husband askes you to quit your job and you don't, don't bother about proceedings, custody hearings or alimony, your ass would be out the door faster than you can say career.

I respect women who have built reasonable careers such as Politicians, Bankers, e.t.c. but when a man speaks, his word is LAW. angry

And this is why i would have never ever in your wildest dreams picked you to be my husband.

My husband is boss in our house but he does not wear the title around his neck.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Morenike3(f): 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2008
Okija_juju:

when a man speaks, his word is LAW. angry
Maybe if you scream louder, your villagers can hear you.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by whatever90(f): 11:04pm On Nov 04, 2008
tope2000:

Why are men intimidated by successful women

dont mind them,d last thing i will do is stay jobless cos one man wants me to angry
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by plusQueen: 11:06pm On Nov 04, 2008
Okija_juju:

I respect women who have built reasonable careers such as Politicians, Bankers, e.t.c. but when a man speaks, his word is LAW. angry

Maybe you've become a victim of your own juju grin
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by iice(f): 11:09pm On Nov 04, 2008
grin grin grin

Men aint shit without women. Keep deluding yourselves cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Okijajuju1(m): 11:09pm On Nov 04, 2008
sistawoman:

And this is why i would have never ever in your wildest dreams picked you to be my husband.

My husband is boss in our house but he does not wear the title around his neck.

Dear, its not a matter of boss or nothing. Its just a matter of being reasonable.
Housewives raised most of us in this room.
My mum had two degrees, Business Admin, and Law.
She planned her career in such a way that it never got in the way of her spendng time with us. I had a troublesome childhood, and if it hadnt been for the fact that she had an eye on me at virtually all times, I would prolly be somewhere around one of y'all houses plotting to rob you tonight.

Being a housewife isnt a bad thing you know.

So you women are will to sacrifice your family for a suit and briefcase.  
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by whatever90(f): 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2008
Okija_juju:

if a man wants me to take care of d family well,then let him open up a business for me,and employ workers,then i will have time cos i wil be a boss of my own

but telling me to stay athome,for sm reasons is a NO,why on earth did i spend years in d uni then,if i was not going to put my brain to good use
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by tope2000(f): 11:16pm On Nov 04, 2008
Okija_juju:

Dear, its not a matter of boss or nothing. Its just a matter of being reasonable.
Housewives raised most of us in this room.
My mum had two degrees, Business Admin, and Law.
She planned her career in such a way that it never got in the way of her spendng time with us. I had a troublesome childhood, and if it hadnt been for the fact that she had an eye on me at virtually all times, I would prolly be somewhere around one of y'all houses plotting to rob you tonight.

Being a housewife isnt a bad thing you know.

Nobody said it was but ur words is law bullsh.it has got to stop pls cool
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Sauron1: 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2008
Why can't women stay at home n help clean the house??
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by MissyB1(m): 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2008
For those who haven't read today's Nairaland News. grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-191001.0.html
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Sauron1: 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2008
Missy B:

For those who haven't read today's Nairaland News. grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-191001.0.html

Your NL news schitzo has loads of rumours.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by tope2000(f): 11:21pm On Nov 04, 2008
~Sauron~:

Because we not all slave cool
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Okijajuju1(m): 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2008
tope2000:

Nobody said it was but ur words is law bullsh.it has got to stop please cool

Wait!! Wait!! Hold up dear!! Who paid for who in this marriage?? Who is bearing who's name?? Hells yeah my word is law. Its a Mans world hun, deal with it.  cool

Now run into the kitchen and make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich  tongue

whatever90:

if a man wants me to take care of d family well,then let him open up a business for me,and employ workers,then i will have time because i wil be a boss of my own

but telling me to stay athome,for sm reasons is a NO,why on earth did i spend years in d uni then,if i was not going to put my brain to good use

You will be putting it to good use alright. Like helping the kids with their homeworks, calculating the bills and shit like that.

Is that your problem?? Your degree!
I cant believe this.  sad
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Sauron1: 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2008
tope2000:

Because we not all slave cool

It's not slavery. . . .
Stacks of dough in your account. . . . .Just stay at home and make hot beans for me before i come back from work.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by plusQueen: 11:24pm On Nov 04, 2008
~Sauron~:

why don't you make us? tongue
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by whatever90(f): 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2008
~Sauron~:

and become useless abi?thanks but no thanks

Okija_juju:

You will be putting it to good use alright. Like helping the kids with their homeworks, calculating the bills and shit like that.

Is that your problem?? Your degree!
I can't believe this.   sad

u call calculating 1+2=3 good use?

if my degree was my problem then i wouldnt have suggested a business,.cos i will be dropping d degree,im talking about the mental mind,sitting at home doing nothing can make one useless,u men ,imagine u staying at a place for life?plsssss
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by tope2000(f): 11:26pm On Nov 04, 2008
Okija_juju:

Wait!! Wait!! Hold up dear!! Who paid for who in this marriage?? Who is bearing who's name?? Hells yeah my word is law. Its a Mans world hun, deal with it.  cool

Now run into the kitchen and make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich  tongue

lol . . .
WHAT MADE U SO SURE U WILL BE THE ONE PAYING FOR THE MARRIAGE it might as well be the woman and for the surname I'm not losing it for anyone. I'll be bearing both my maiden names as well my husband's 2gether cool

~Sauron~:

It's not slavery. . . .
Stacks of dough in your account. . . . .Just stay at home and make hot beans for me before i come back from work.

grin grin
like how much are we talking abt jare
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by MissyB1(m): 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2008
~Sauron~:

Your NL news schitzo has loads of rumours.
Rumours? What part of today's News isn't confirmed yet?
Remember we promised to supply accurate News and we meant it.
Just read and stay tuned.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Sauron1: 11:29pm On Nov 04, 2008
plus_Queen:

why don't you make us? tongue

Where are these 21st century babes coming from??
Why can't y'all be like our great grandmothers.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by tope2000(f): 11:30pm On Nov 04, 2008
They were un-educated besides they filled their heads then with this non-sense 2 angry
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Morenike3(f): 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2008
Okija_juju:

Wait!! Wait!! Hold up dear!! Who paid for who in this marriage?? Who is bearing who's name?? Hells yeah my word is law. Its a Mans world hun, deal with it. cool
No, you wait.
I still can't believe what I read on NL last week; The bride's family pays for the wedding.
So, boy, if you ain't paying for that wedding, she's actually buying U.

And I hope you know that your wife can easily retain her last name in the marriage.

Your words are not LAW, but you may continue to believe so. Respect is 50:50. It's not a one-way traffic, now if you chose to demand respect from her by the cliche "my words are law", then baby, divorce will be rolling down your lane in a SUV
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by whatever90(f): 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2008
~Sauron~:

Where are these 21st century babes coming from??
Why can't y'all be like our great grandmothers.

since u wan pple to be like our great grand mums of those day,why dont u live in d village,hut ooo,walk on foot or village bicycle,wear old fashioned clothes break and chew palm nut for food,and be like our great grand fathers
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by Sauron1: 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2008
Missy B:

Rumours? What part of today's News isn't confirmed yet?
Remember we promised to supply accurate News and we meant it.
Just read and stay tuned.

The part where Sauron was begging for food?? Thatz a blatant lie.
Tope gave me everything i wanted on the night plus MORE.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by myndofgold(f): 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2008
na wah o
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by tope2000(f): 11:35pm On Nov 04, 2008
~Sauron~:

oh, i only read the part where u were pissed cuz tumfulu's guest wore iro n buba. grin
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by jgirl3: 11:36pm On Nov 04, 2008
Okija_juju:

Wait!! Wait!! Hold up dear!! Who paid for who in this marriage?? Who is bearing who's name?? Hells yeah my word is law. Its a Mans world hun, deal with it. cool

Now run into the kitchen and make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich tongue
Oh NO HE DIDN'T!
Someone tell me Okija was on crack when he posted this.
Even if I'm bearing his name. . . will my parents spend so much money to train me to this level and I'll make use of it catering to one useless insecure pig?
No woman is a property of any man. Your word is your law in your house, fine!
But let's see if the woman is "wise" enough not to cheat on you out of absolute boredom.
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by A40(m): 11:37pm On Nov 04, 2008
@victorian
Those men get serious issues me i can't even marry a woman who plans to be a housewife in the first place, we should compliment each other lol both of us working means more money in circulation and the kids go to better schools wear better clothes and more importantly have their parents to look up to especially if i had a daughter i would want her to grow up with the belief that she doesn't need any man
Re: Your Husband Wants You To Quit Yuor Job And Take A New Carear-housewifery! by MissyB1(m): 11:38pm On Nov 04, 2008
~Sauron~:

We didn't say Sauron begged . . . we said he walked out
but thank God for Tope who intervened.
Hmmm::::::.Tope gave you more?
Becareful whatcha say . . . for any and everything you say can be used against you
. . . .  I know Tope wouldn't want such a scandal being that she's *Nairalandly* hooked.

tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Don't Want To De-flower Her! / see the woman banker want to chop my money +pics / Can You Do This In Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.