Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. (2125 Views)

When You Ignore People That Hate You, Do They Come Around? / EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
Often times when I come online I do see comments and posts by single ladies (Mostly by men haters aka feminists) advising young girls against getting married, To be independent etc. Marriage doesn't stop a woman from being independent and your decision about marriage is not my business but bashing men to make your point is what I can't take.

I cried when I saw this topic from one female version of a male chauvinist on front page

https://www.nairaland.com/1912571/why-nigerian-ladies-should-never.

It says that Nigerian girls should never settle for less - always settle for the best. How can she classify some men as "less"? No human being alive is less. Rich or poor, Tall or Short. We are unique in our own different ways.

Love and marriage as far as I'm concerned is a partnership with give and take from both sides. Ok, you that cannot settle for less please what is your contribution in this partnership? What are you gonna bring in Boobs and vagina . honestly, this is the reason most girls are still single. They are waiting for the best even when it is clear that they do not deserve the best.

To the singles that preach being single Nowadays, being married is clearly a choice. It is ok if you want to get married and stay married, it is also ok if you want to stay single but it is not ok to discourage other girls from getting married. How is that your businessundecided!
What they decide to do with their life has nothing to do, has no effect on what you do with yours so let them make their own decision.

This is why I hate feminism. They don't mind their business. The OP may not be a feminist but this is how it starts. When she turn 40 and no man is interested she will start hating guys. While the legitimate women' rights movements are promoting marriage and equality Nairaland Feminists are attacking guys, girls and marriage. Most times I fail to get what their problem really is. If you don't wanna get married then stay single, buy a cat that will lick plates for you when you are old and mind your own business. Stop breaking up the traditional role of the woman in a family and society, it negatively affects the children of a family and the future generation at large. It also causes confusion among men and women as to where they stand in the family.

I understand you are angry because you have tried and failed but please allow other girls to make their choice.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by thandii1: 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hmnn

3 Likes

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by okotv(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
simple but let me remind you that a woman will always create trouble where there is non so preach it brother...preach !!!

2 Likes

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
thandii1: Let the female folks rest for a week on this nl na (okay, I know that's asking for too much... a day or two? The advice, complaints, observations, suggestions, deductions, inference...undecided.

Can we all focus on the men, children, pets for a week. cheesy

Life sure isn't all about women. When will we stop this taking of panadol for other people headache(women mostly).
Just click on the link that I provided to see what inspired this post.
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by thandii1: 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
okotv: simple but let me remind you that a woman will always create trouble where there is non so preach it brother...preach !!!
Lols, that post vex me gan!
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
thandii1:

I know, I followed the thread and the one that even led to it. Its just tiring reading advices left right and centre from both genders to the female folks.

Men need advice too, let's shift the goal post for this week and let the women breathe. cheesy
Oh, I get your point but I'm not trying to advice anybody.

I just want everybody to be allowed to make their own decision.
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Charles4075(m): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ladies this, Ladies that.. Ladies are in deep trouble on NL
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Charles4075: Ladies this, Ladies that.. Ladies are in deep trouble on NL
It is ladies Against ladies. Check well and you will notice it..
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by chibwike(m): 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
lemme read up first
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hmmmn. If only what we read here or the advises we give here is obtainable in our real life dramas. Op, you see dis nairaland ehhn. People like to dey pretend gan. Sometimes it would look like I dey bash woman but na woman pretend pass. The miss 2 goody shoes, the feminist, the ones that act like they don't care. Internet In itself is just a pretentious world. angry. The men are not left out. The ones that will abuse u one minute and then send u pm d next minute.

Let everybody be giving advise and opinions my dear. It won't stop women from being women or men from being men. Like u rightly said nobody is less a human being.

1 Like

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
If only they can pass their points across subtly...I just might begin to understand their fight/cause @feminist and co

...don't we think this issue has been over-flogged?...I think it has been over-flogged
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Arsenate(m): 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
bro, misery loves company. no one loves singlehood. humans, just like lions, are very social animals. there's always an innate longing for companionship. trust me man, all these single girls are miserable. they are just looking to convince other girls to join them in their hellish lives.
and yes, Genevieve, monalisa and the likes, are all unhappy. they all cry at night. I know so

2 Likes

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie: If only they can pass their points across subtly...I just might begin to understand their fight/cause @feminist and co

Exactly. Most times when people fight against something or talk against something too much. Check their closet! AsweartoGod I am yet to see a real feminist. No be Internet we all day. Do we no their personal lives. Just like all those crazy hard core girls who like to dey form mugu for man in the closet. Na dem dey give advise pass.
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by priscaoge(f): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
See as this thread de cause wahala 4 Nairaland since morningcheesycheesy
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by laplace12(m): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
front page pls!!!!!!!!!
We deserve to be heard. Seun, mynd44 do us some favour cry
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
sandijey: Hmmmn. If only what we read here or the advises we give here is obtainable in our real life dramas. Op, you see dis nairaland ehhn. People like to dey pretend gan. Sometimes it would look like I dey bash woman but na woman pretend pass. The miss 2 goody shoes, the feminist, the ones that act like they don't care. Internet In itself is just a pretentious world. angry. The men are not left out. The ones that will abuse u one minute and then send u pm d next minute.

Let everybody be giving advise and opinions my dear. It won't stop women from being women or men from being men. Like u rightly said nobody is less a human being.
Exactly and these ladies make it sound like being single is the best thing on earth.

If they are that happy being single then why talk about it all the time.

I only pity the girls that listen to them

1 Like

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
Arsenate: bro, misery loves company. no one loves singlehood. humans, just like lions, are very social animals. there's always an innate longing for companionship. trust me man, all these single girls are miserable. they are just looking to convince other girls to join them in their hellish lives.
and yes, Genevieve, monalisa and the likes, are all unhappy. they all cry at night. I know so
I'm with you on this bro.

1 Like

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
Yes no man is less, but don't settle for someone who doesn't measure up to your standards!
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
Tallesty1: Exactly and these ladies make it sound like being single is the best thing on earth.

If they are that happy being single then why talk about it all the time.

I only pity the girls that listen to them

Being single ke..... I put it up the other day. Na so I go catch bouquet for my friend wedding. In fact ehnnn. I no no who send me work. since that day,i cannot tell u what my ears have heard....... if they like being single. it's fine. If they don't like it, it's also fine. Don't just go shoving it down our throats o. Some people came to this world to marry, some to make money, some to be single, some to be childless. I came to be fruitful and multiply.

3 Likes

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by laplace12(m): 1:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
I am not bothered about a frustrated woman forming feminist opinion for herself, but preaching it to younger gals is what I won't tolerate.

If you have problem finding a life partner, accept it, work on it or give no fvk if you like.

1 Like

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
sandijey:

Exactly. Most times when people fight against something or talk against something too much. Check their closet! AsweartoGod I am yet to see a real feminist. No be Internet we all day. Do we no their personal lives. Just like all those crazy hard core girls who like to dey form mugu for man in the closet. Na dem dey give advise pass.
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
3cycle: Bae has spoken grin
Yes no man is less, but don't settle for someone who doesn't measure up to your standards!
He is someone's favouritecheesy

1 Like

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
only women that have not married, and want to make themselves feel better believe that bullshiit.

when they finally manage and marry,........ you know the rest.

1 Like

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
sandijey:

Being single ke..... I put it up the other day. Na so I go catch bouquet for my friend wedding. In fact ehnnn. I no no who send me work. since that day,i cannot tell u what my ears have heard....... if they like being single. it's fine. If they don't like it, it's also fine. Don't just go shoving it down our throats o. Some people came to this world to marry, some to make money, some to be single, some to be childless. I came to be fruitful and multiply.
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 1:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
laplace12:
I am not bothered about a frustrated woman forming feminist opinion for herself, but preaching it to younger gals is what I won't tolerate.

If you have problem finding a life partner, accept it, work on it or give no fvk if you like.
1.5m likes
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Ivanspring(f): 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Can another woman actually convince me to remain single if i'm willing to marry? Well, to those that are weak willed and easily brainwashed, i say its a pity. As for me, nobody can tell me to do what i don't want to do. Abi na jazz?
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
Tallesty1: Often times when I come online I do see comments and posts by single ladies (Mostly by men haters aka feminists) advising young girls against getting married, To be independent etc. Marriage doesn't stop a woman from being independent and your decision about marriage is not my business but bashing men to make your point is what I can't take.

I cried when I saw this topic from one female version of a male chauvinist on front page

https://www.nairaland.com/1912571/why-nigerian-ladies-should-never.

It says that Nigerian girls should never settle for less - always settle for the best. How can she classify some men as "less"? No human being alive is less. Rich or poor, Tall or Short. We are unique in our own different ways.

Love and marriage as far as I'm concerned is a partnership with give and take from both sides. Ok, you that cannot settle for less please what is your contribution in this partnership? What are you gonna bring in Boobs and vagina . honestly, this is the reason most girls are still single. They are waiting for the best even when it is clear that they do not deserve the best.

To the singles that preach being single Nowadays, being married is clearly a choice. It is ok if you want to get married and stay married, it is also ok if you want to stay single but it is not ok to discourage other girls from getting married. How is that your businessundecided!
What they decide to do with their life has nothing to do, has no effect on what you do with yours so let them make their own decision.

This is why I hate feminism. They don't mind their business. The OP may not be a feminist but this is how it starts. When she turn 40 and no man is interested she will start hating guys. While the legitimate women' rights movements are promoting marriage and equality Nairaland Feminists are attacking guys, girls and marriage. Most times I fail to get what their problem really is. If you don't wanna get married then stay single, buy a cat that will lick plates for you when you are old and mind your own business. Stop breaking up the traditional role of the woman in a family and society, it negatively affects the children of a family and the future generation at large. It also causes confusion among men and women as to where they stand in the family.

I understand you are angry because you have tried and failed but please allow other girls to make their choice.
maybe you could also be wise and stop acting like the women you are giving advice to. Doesnt look like you mind your own business either undecided aren't you doing the same thing by preaching against feminism, which in your case you clearly dont understand what it means in the first place

2 Likes

Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ivanspring: Can another woman actually convince me to remain single if i'm willing to marry? Well, to those that are weak willed and easily brainwashed, i say its a pity. As for me, nobody can tell me to do what i don't want to do. Abi na jazz?
The Tongue Has Great Powers.
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by MizMyColi(f): 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
The thread that led to the thread that led to this one have all been embroiled in GROSS misunderstanding.

Honestly.........this "Ladies Ish" is becoming depressing undecided
Re: The Single Ladies That Hate Marriage. by farano(f): 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
I must get married o and it must be sweeter than honey cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? / Say Her Name. / My Ex Is Threatening My Life! Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.