Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

One Wrong Turn......true Story - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / One Wrong Turn......true Story (173031 Views)

A True Story Of Sister Mary / . / [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
We got to church quite early, as it is our usual tradition. The compound was already bubbling with life. Different brands of cars packed around, reflecting the social status of the parishioners.

The entire compound was saturated with human activities, hawkers and petty traders displayed their wares anywere it would be visible.

People walking to and fro the walk ways, dressed in different attires. Some were simple and elegant like me, others were extravagant and flashy. Some modest and decent, others wild and provocative.

This was a typical Sunday service, the good, the bad and the ugly all meet here, some to worship the lord, some for entirely different reasons.

Which group do I belong to? I wasn't sure anymore. I used to be a good girl, but the thoughts that have preoccupied my mind for the past two days, makes me doubt my own self.

Normally, everyone will go his seperate way as soon as we arrived. My mum and dad would find a seat, Osas will meet up with the man servants, while i join the alter girls. Ighalo was always a freelancer.

As i alighted from the car, i made towards the entrance to the church hall.

"did you not hear what i said this morning"? My dad said rather loudly.
"you are sitting next to me hence forth"

I did not want to cause a scene, so i stoped and waited for them.

My parents had a knack for picking seats at the front. This means i had to walk almost the entire length of the hall. The different eyes staring at me made me shy. I notice men, old and young staring at my butt, or looking up at my cleavage. I scanned through the audience hoping to catch sight of Ehis.

Mid way through the hall, i spotted Ruth among the crowd. I fixed my eyes firmly on her, hoping she would turn towards my direction.

She sighted me from her position. I'm very sure she would have come towards me, if my parents weren't in front of me. My mum hated Ruth and Hannah. They weren't the most decent of girls anyway.

She made a sign with her hand, to notify me that she will get in touch.
I marched along with my parents, with my head up high, trying not to notice the eyes starring at me.

We got a seat at the front row and settled in, waiting for service to start. Friends and wellwishers stoped by to greet my parents. I was really uncomfortable sitting beside them.

My eyes kept roving about the hall, hoping to see Ehis. He was nowhere to be found.

I turned round, to look directly behind me, i scanned face after face discreetly.

A little tap on my shoulder brought me back to my senses. I turned round to see who it was.

It was Osato, my little friend. Though just 10 years old, he was a little too smart for his age. His mother is a friend of our family.

He greeted my mum and dad, and sat quietly beside me. Osato has always been fond of me. We had developed quite a bond. His sitting close to me did not raise any suspicions.

I could feel him nudging me with his arm several times, so thought the space between us was too tight for him.

I tried to move away a little. Just then, i noticed his palm outstretched, between our tights. There was a neatly folded sheet of paper on it. This has to be a message, i was sure of it.

I looked side ways towards my parents, they were deeply involved in a discussion with the catechist.

I snatched the note from Osato's palm, and hurriedly tucked it inside my bible.

Osato got up, and hopped away. His mission had been completed.
I opened my bible slowly, looking for the page were i had hidden the note.

I spotted the white paper, and pretended to be reading my bible. The message was short, but It's very content excited me.
*** more updates later today***

7 Likes

Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by ufss: 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nice 1 boss
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by stanconnect(m): 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
9c piece..more grease to ur elbow!
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by Anugod(f): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
Pls bring it on... kiss
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by Chimacks(f): 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
Still following. U are doing great,dicefrost. Sometimes,parents do these things in a wrong way. Ella's parents are only stirring up her curiousity. Talkn 4rm experience. Ha ha! Dnt ask me
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by king406(m): 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
angryContinue naaa ah ah
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by Onemansquad(m): 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
Mehn dicefrost dix ur suspense u cook am wel

1 Like

Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by pamcode(m): 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
following with rapt attention thumbs up
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by CoCoLav(f): 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
*Following*
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Bring it on.. I dey ur back
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by chlowi(f): 6:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
@dicefrost out with it already!!! And stop marinating my curiosity grin
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by RichieBrown(m): 6:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
wow just continue, please ♥♥♥♡♡
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by constance500: 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
Now lemme join the queue cheesy
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
welcome on board guyz
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by Babygal4eva(f): 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
More more more!!!
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by jswaggzo(m): 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
c'mon dice
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by ibietela2(m): 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
labaski: nice story Dicefrost..i had d same kinda upbringing aldou not including d religious aspect o..and my mum was d strict one..even till now wey i don old oooo..na wen i enter skul i free myself small..and dose virtues i stl keep in skul..dont club..keep few friends..it helps too..

Beautiful kiss
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by constance500: 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dice update this thing na... I go vex o angry
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by constance500: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
Damn . #taping my legs on the floor... I'm waiting o
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by Princesschi(f): 9:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dicefrost no updates yet??
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
"Behind the house of Mary, please wait till service starts"

I became impatient after reading those words. I couldn't wait for the damn service to start. I kept adjusting myself on my seat.

Although there was no name on the note, it was Ruth's handwriting. The "house of Mary" refers to a small building at one corner of the church compound. It had a statue of Mary built inside. People usually go there to pray.

The sight of the reverend father walking up to the alter made my heart beat faster. The time to leave is gradually coming.

The reverend welcomed everyone to the day's service. People scrambled to find their seats around. The entire hall was rowdy for a while.

Slowly, normalcy was starting to return. Everyone sat down, and the day's service was opened with a hymn.

My heart and soul were completely detached from the church. All i could focus on was how to leave the hall without arousing my parent's suspicion.

I got up from my seat, and moved closer to my mum. I bent down and whispered into her ear.

"i want to buy sanitary pad, my period has suddenly started"

"didn't you know it would start today? Are you a small child, she answered in a rather irritated tone.

"it happens unexpectedly sometimes", which was a lie.

My mum put her hands in her purse, and brought out a #500naira note

"hurry before you stain yourself"

I get to accomplish my mission, and also get paid for it, I thought to myself as I made my way out of the hall.

A feeling of eagerness, and excitement coupled with a little guilt dominated my heart. I wondered if Ehis was waiting for me there.

The church compound was much quieter now. The walk way was nearly devoid of people, save for a few people who were probably on a mission too.

I headed straight for the house of Mary. I could see a car parked almost behind the house, a black, Toyota camry, it had tinted Windows making it impossible to see who was inside.

Ruth was standing right next to the car as I approached. She opened the door to the back seat, and waved at me to go in.

My heartbeat raced as i saw Ehis inside the car. A smile enveloped my face. I could barely hide my excitement. He smiled back at me, and hugged me really tight.

He held my chin, and drew me closer to himself for a kiss. I closed my eyes, anticipating the taste of his lips.

A hard knock on the car window sharply interrupted our kiss. It was Ruth, she was trying to warn us of something.

I looked around, and saw my mother walking towards the house of Mary, with fury and haste, clutching on to my bible.

It suddenly hit me, i left the note in my bible. My mum must have found it. God, I'm in trouble again I said to myself.

Ehis saw the troubled look on my face. He smiled, and told me to calm down. Ruth will take care of this.

I doubted him, my mum was quite a detective.
*** to be continued***

3 Likes

Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by kingsley18(m): 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
That's why i no dey like to watch nigeria film....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
sorry for the late update and shabby write up. had a really busy weekend. just didn't wanna disappoint u guyz...............I didn't proof read, incase there r grammatical errors or miss-spellings
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
constance500: Dice update this thing na... I go vex o angry

nor vex too much abeg. today just scatter
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
Princesschi: Dicefrost no updates yet??

sorry I'm late
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by Princesschi(f): 9:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
dicefrost:

sorry I'm late

no P bro, tnx for d update tho it ws short. If u can drop another before u sleep, dat wil be cool buh if u cant, its aiit.

1 Like

Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by Onemansquad(m): 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
Young man mor update pls
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by officialnana: 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
cant wait no more bro.hurry and dedicate the next episode to officiaLNana.i hail winkcant wait no more bro.hurry and dedicate the next episode to officiaLNana.i hail
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by pfijacobs(m): 10:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hi chi... Wasup?
purplesummer:
It's working, I'm here now wink
Pls continue
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by utenwuson: 11:50pm On Sep 27, 2014
When it comes to suspense, u re jst d best! Every episode has got its own very suspense...let's role!
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by sheguy(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2014
Oga, i have to close early 4rm church so that i can read continue this story, so wherever you are come and finish this that you have started.
Re: One Wrong Turn......true Story by constance500: 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
Peeps on the thread, is there any update yet? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Slay Mama Caught With Charms Round Her Curvy Waist / 2 - Deleted / Port Harcourt Girl Shares After Sex Photo With Boyfriend On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.