Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,917 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. (81775 Views)

Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses On Taxi In Kano, 7 Die (Photo) / Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by ayukdaboss(m): 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
marieolae: What a waste of money. Is this really needed? People don't need to be air conditioned when they are in a haste to get their destinations. Nigerians and their irrelevant ideas.
It's for the safety and comfort of NNDC Staff. I don't think the masses were part of the plan at all.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by gemini35(m): 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
Bellasharonne: i think its nice.But most nigerians will misuse it... after they will complain that they are not doing anything undecided
Mind u that,they employed two people that sweep it just like bank every hour,the tiles are original baby
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by sexzskil(f): 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
justi4jesu:

Lol who is the man kwanu grin
one useless taxi man wey I no gree give face
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by ayukdaboss(m): 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
sexzskil: Another useless attempt for 2015.

Nigeria on d precipice.

MEANWHILE, A MAN THREATENED TO DIABOLICALLY DEAL WITH ME
Bros I tell you o. All these things they're doing is against 2015.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by eleojo23: 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
kenex4ever:
Nonsense! Everybody knows too much in dis con3, ITK pls tell us dat urgent infrastructure dat u will build with just 10million naira or u tink dat tin costs billions?
Brilliant! we've got too many people who get easily offended at other people's opinion at the expense of reason.
Millions ain't money right? You can't do anything reasonable with 10million?
This ITK seems not to know something that you know. Please educate me.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Bryan12(m): 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
kenex4ever:

So AC is now much resources? Or d glasses used, d difference between dat and other pedestal bridges is just d AC. So where is d resource wasted? Or r u seeing what we can't see?
Buddie I didn't make any reference on waste of resources.if NDDC should construct anything such as a bridge it should be for everyone as the name implies not for its staff only.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by aderonila18: 5:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
It sad that Nigerians are so used to suffering that even when someone tries to reduce their suffering they kick against it
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by ayukdaboss(m): 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
MabraO:

It is not undecided
It is jare undecided
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by UjSizzle(f): 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
Don't know about waste, but that is good customer service imo! cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Ikengawo: 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
Adofaya: What for, when most people in Philippines finds it difficult to make ends meet. When I went to Ph for the first time this year, I thought people there were averagely OK. Come and see the type of vehicles they use as taxi, you will be suprise n ask yourself whether you are in Ph.

Don't tell me you left Nigeria for the Philippines. Our people sabi travel jor.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by kenex4ever(m): 5:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
omakay: What is the op trying to do? Paint Port-Harcourt as a nice and modern place?

THAT IS A BIG LIE!!!! IT IS A FAT LIE!!!

Imagine Aba Road being the busiest road in the whole of Port-Harcourt with activities happening both at the left and right axis and all NDDC can think of is to build an air-conditioned bridge in front of it's office. That is very selfish and self-centered of them. The worst thing is that in all of Aba Road, there is no functioning pedestrian bridge and people actually cross the expressway everyday which is a big risk.

Port-Harcourt is a physical example of how greedy, self-centered and wicked we are as Nigerians.

With all the revenue and allocations coming into the state government's pocket, there is nothing to show for it in the city.

1000likes! This is d only opposing opinion I've got to like, they should have built more of it than build just one and beautify it.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
White elephant project to me!
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Ahmeduana(m): 5:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
dj187: Just a matter of time before Mad men & women will dump their load there grin
IS ONLY AN IRRESPONSIBLE GOVERNMENT THAT WILL OPENS IS EYES AND ALLOW SUCH THING TO HAPPEN.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by kenex4ever(m): 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
Bryan12: Buddie I didn't make any reference on waste of resources.if NNPC should construct anything such as a bridge it should be for everyone as the name implies not for its staff only.

U r right
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by 3rdeye1(m): 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
Trust me, I don't get ur point...if there any!
Adofaya: What for, when most people in Philippines finds it difficult to make ends meet. When I went to Ph for the first time this year, I thought people there were averagely OK. Come and see the type of vehicles they use as taxi, you will be suprise n ask yourself whether you are in Ph.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
is it everything that you must know??
destante: Hian! How?
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by 3rdeye1(m): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
Trust me, I don't get ur point...if there is any!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
marieolae: What a waste of money. Is this really needed? People don't need to be air conditioned when they are in a haste to get their destinations. Nigerians and their irrelevant ideas.

Nawa for u ohh.

So people cannot do sth good

A simple good job wud hv been better than this critism

Abi u b enemy of progress ni
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by destante(f): 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
iammo6: is it everything that you must know??
No fex smiley
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Ahmeduana(m): 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
dhardline: Waste of resources.
TO YOU BA? GO TO SAUDI AND SEE ROAD TUNNEL ALMOST 5KM LONG FULLY AIR CONDITIONED.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by sokarsenal(m): 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
nonsoafm: Hmmm! So NDDC really have some projects to their name ? Nice one anyway. I bet you if you bring this to lagos you will need at least four LASTMA officers on it. I trust lagosians
. Do u know the number of mobile police at both ends.....its strictly for NDDC workers and visitors....the car park is at the other end
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by buchilino(m): 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
yes ooo amaechi is working, he nos dat many of us don't have A/C in our homes so he put at a pedestrian bridge. wonder how it cost, wait let me guess 1billion dollars
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by mahyowah(m): 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by mahyowah(m): 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
oh really? nice bridge but bad road!
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
if no be say na u, i for don do u strong tin
destante: No fex smiley
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by sokarsenal(m): 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
Omen100:

You are not far from the gospel truth.
. In this case I think he is far from the truth.....it is in front of NDDC, constructed by NDDC for their visitors and staff only, guarded by mobile police men, heavily armed......so unless that NDDC office seizes to exist...there is no way mad people would get inside there

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by abdulwastecx(m): 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
PhockPhockMan: It is situated at the front of NDDC headquarter near GRA junction Aba road, PortHarcourt. It constructed by NDDC for easy movement of their visitors and clients to their office from the other side of the road. It's fully air conditioned and secured.

I know this bridge... very close to my place of my primary assignment. .. ph is an ok city withassuve infrastructure
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by kenex4ever(m): 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
eleojo23:
Brilliant! we've got too many people who get easily offended at other people's opinion at the expense of reason.
Millions ain't money right? You can't do anything reasonable with 10million?
This ITK seems not to know something that you know. Please educate me.

Am not offended actually, but I just felt money wasn't wasted there. Assuming they did not build it at all will any of us ask dem to bring d money? I think dey should have built more of that on dat road because dat is d only one on d whole of d road. I apologize 4 sounding harsh initially
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
TrebleChamp: If we see it abroad it is development but in Naija it is waste of money, Nigerians i hail thee......
no mind them , na why dem dey use the money go buy guns rather than to construct something they ll call waste.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. / Heavy Rain In Onitsha Sweeps Cars, Occupants, 3 Bankers Away (Photos) / What The Lagos/Ibadan Expressway Looks Like (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.