Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. (81772 Views)

Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses On Taxi In Kano, 7 Die (Photo) / Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Truckpusher(m): 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Thank you for reminding me. I will do that.
Just kidding man.
You're taking things too serious grin
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Bellasharonne(f): 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
gemini35:
Mind u that,they employed two people that sweep it just like bank every hour,the tiles are original baby

wow,thats good to know.. we also cant be soo sure they do it regularly... no offence its naija
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by TISHAmatt: 6:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
How long will a pedestrian stay in this covered bridge before leaving it? It's a waste of hard earned tax payers money
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Oliveronline: 6:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
sheffyUTD:

Had the same mindset before I went there. can't imagine what I met. The stuff was actually under construction then. And I watch a waste of resources in dismay.

With sorrounding communities in shambles, all they are using the allocation is to elevate individuals and corporateoffices. You still buy water to bath within PH. Go to Onne & okirika LG where the wealth lies, you will be sorry.

You begin to ask what significant difference NDDC, Ministry of Niger Delta and bogus allocation has made so far.

NDDC is a big fraud. Reason I am not in support of more allocation to oil producing states. Just corruption and over dose corruption.

#ShameOfACountry
leave am for us... na ur oil?
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by sokarsenal(m): 7:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
Truckpusher: Which petty thieves?
You think say area boys dey turn person to thief?.......Omo you dey Jones sha angry

It is called survival instinct Mr dumbo.......You can belong to the top class of the society but sorry for you if you dont understand the streets ,it's a different world out there so wise ones like us roll with all kinds of people.
I hope you got my drift? cheesy
. Thank you....lol
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by deletrue: 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
Adofaya: What for, when most people in Ph finds it difficult to make ends meet. When I went to Ph for the first time this year, I thought people there were averagely OK. Come and see the type of vehicles they use as taxi, you will be suprise n ask yourself whether you are in Ph.
That one good. Come to Warri, Delta state, poverty dey openly pursue people, then dirty na the final finish.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
anonimi:

I hope you will be humble enough to apologise for your error =>

A white elephant is a COMPLETED project as you can see in the quoted definition above.
Cheers.
In this case the bridge is not white elephant, it neither wasteful, costly, hard to maintain, hard to dispose off nor useless to the owner, NDDC. Instead, it's of immense value to them.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by chukkiephil(m): 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Tell them, if this bridge is in New York, California London, Paris, they will praise it to high heaven. Mumu people.
New york and co that you mentioned have basic amenities like good roads, electricity etc if you have been to ph you will understand that it is the least of their problems, not that it is not a good project but its the least priority. Just like ameachi is building a mono train or whatever he calls it while ph has no good roads or even a functional land train. Or rail track and what is the sustainability of such projects? NONE!! It will probably be a waste in no time!!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
This one the op is snapping from outside. I think toll fees is being charged to use it.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Truckpusher(m): 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
sokarsenal: . Thank you....lol
I hope that'd make him to come down from his borrowed high horses. grin
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ikwerreboy:

My brother no be small. ##Igbos will not kill us with there business attitude ##
Mumu.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Truckpusher(m): 7:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
chukkiephil: New york and co that you mentioned have basic amenities like good roads, electricity etc if you have been to ph you will understand that it is the least of their problems, not that it is not a good project but its the least priority. Just like ameachi is building a mono train or whatever he calls it while ph has no good roads or even a functional land train. Or rail track and what is the sustainability of such projects? NONE!! It will probably be a waste in no time!!
Thank you for being very objective but I hope you're aware that this same stuff wasn't built with Rivers State money,it was purely an NDDC thing and this is one reason access to that stuff is strictly controlled.
Even if you leave it for the public to access ,one day you'll wake up to see things you never bargained for.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by kenex4ever(m): 7:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
eleojo23: sorry sir, I don't get you. Are you supporting my comment or that of the other guy who quoted me?

Dsame here o, initially he sounded like he is supporting me, then later he aligned with u.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by tomiobj(m): 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
PhockPhockMan: It's not possible.
. Ok, give dem 6 months
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
MabraO: OP u can lie oh
Just heard from my friend
He said nothing like air condition oh
Which friend?
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
dj187: Just a matter of time before Mad men & women will dump their load there grin
not possible man, its exclusive to their staff n visitors only, as it only links their secured car park and office building. No other person uses it
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 7:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
cyril10:

It is air conditioned.
Don't mind that Thomas.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
Mykel4God: Interior or adonbilivit undecided
its working properly man, the op might not be able to take pics of the interior cos its meant only for their staff and visitors as it only links their secure car park and office block... Its in good working condition bro
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by kenex4ever(m): 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
destante: isokay
u sound so gentle, average naija girl for don respond harshly
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by chukkiephil(m): 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
Truckpusher: Thank you for being very objective but I hope you're aware that this same stuff wasn't built with Rivers State money,it was purely an NDDC thing and this is one reason access to that stuff is strictly controlled.
Even if you leave it for the public to access ,one day you'll wake up to see things you never bargained for.
no matter who's money it is even tho logically it is the Rivers state people's money because we all know that Nigeria major income is oil and we know where the oil comes from ryt? And even for the mere fact that they are Nigerians it is their money!!! Funny enough NDDC is for Nigerdelta people of which Rivers state is among! So it is their money!! NDDC can do better than that provide the basic amenities FIRST!!! Which power will power the brigde? Gen? For 24hrs? And for how long?? The cost of running and maintance is too much and it will be a contract (hyperinflated) awarded to one poliTHEIFcian as a reward and the masses will be suffering and smiling like everything is fine!!!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by kenex4ever(m): 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
optimumprimus: you don't need air conditioner after sweating.what you need is a warm shower with a cool rinse.

Lol, so d person go bath for centre of road abi? U can always do dat at home joor
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
marieolae: What a waste of money. Is this really needed? People don't need to be air conditioned when they are in a haste to get their destinations. Nigerians and their irrelevant ideas.
its exclusive to their staff and clients only... It just links their car park across the road to their office block
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by M4gunners: 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
naughtylagosguy:

I hardly reply people on Nairaland but I can't just ignore you. How does an air conditioned pedestrian bridge translates to development?

Do you even know what development is? The fund used for that air conditioned bridge could have been channeled towards other better uses.
Are you now against the air conditione or the bridge itself?Because the bridge will save lives.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 7:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
tomiobj: . Ok, give dem 6 months
The bridge had been there for over four years.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by destante(f): 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
kenex4ever: u sound so gentle, average naija girl for don respond harshly
Lol he was jes trolling. Don't mind him
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Deepfreezer(m): 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
nice bridge. thumbs up to NDDC
as for peeps asking where re the air conditioner. yall are making fool of urselfs.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by naughtylagosguy(m): 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
M4gunners: Are you now against the air conditione or the bridge itself?Because the bridge will save lives.

I am not against the bridge, I am against the air condition in the bridge. There's really no need for it.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by eleojo23: 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
kenex4ever:

Dsame here o, initially he sounded like he is supporting me, then later he aligned with u.
He just dropped the comment and logged out. Let's wait for him to come explain himself. smiley
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Deepfreezer(m): 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
chukkiephil: no matter who's money it is even tho logically it is the Rivers state people's money because we all know that Nigeria major income is oil and we know where the oil comes from ryt? And even for the mere fact that they are Nigerians it is their money!!! Funny enough NDDC is for Nigerdelta people of which Rivers state is among! So it is their money!! NDDC can do better than that provide the basic amenities FIRST!!! Which power will power the brigde? Gen? For 24hrs? And for how long?? The cost of running and maintance is too much and it will be a contract (hyperinflated) awarded to one poliTHEIFcian as a reward and the masses will be suffering and smiling like everything is fine!!!
clap for yourself for being too wise. cry all you want. they wanted a bridge and they built it for easy access to their office and car park.
can one ever please NIGERIANS?
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by M4gunners: 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
naughtylagosguy:

I am not against the bridge, I am against the air condition in the bridge. There's really no need for it.
Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. / Heavy Rain In Onitsha Sweeps Cars, Occupants, 3 Bankers Away (Photos) / What The Lagos/Ibadan Expressway Looks Like (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.