Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois (54404 Views)

Staff Cry As Rafindadi, VC Of Lokoja Federal University Leaves Office After Sack / Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC / Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by superstar1(m): 2:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
Congratulations.

This is a positive news that is good for the image of our country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by GuyFawkes: 2:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89:

Its is now getting funny really. I am getting hate emails as well cheesy

Well it all sums up what you wrote on your signature, that's NL for you smiley
If you don't come aboard their hypocrisy ship they'll go gangster on you. undecided
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by tokjohn: 2:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
Osamame Igbinosa You won't believe what you will see. Watch and Share!
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH8myBtiuAw&feature=share
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2014
rattlesnake: If this man should contest for President in Nigeria HE WONT WIN....

Cos the f..ols are majority

Anyone that hates this comment, is among the majority.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by F117A: 2:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
Threads like this makes me sick to my stomach.
How in God's name will this benefit Nigeria.?
Nigeria is the only country in the world where people revel in institutional and fundamental brain drain.
A nation of stark moronns.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Smooyis(m): 2:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
Blaqsmith: Prof. ILESANMI ADESIDA

A Yoruba man has raised the bar and set the World standard again grin
A Yoruba man or a Nigerian. U people sef!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by F117A: 2:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
superstar1: Congratulations.

This is a positive news that is good for the image of our country.
The university dosen't give a fucck where he comes from.
Your image will remain disgraceful until these people are brought back home to develop the country to reasonable standards, just like the indians have done.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by MightyFortress: 2:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
rotwailler: MTN Bundle plans

250mb....300
500mb.....600
1gig.....1200
5gig.....6000
10gig.....12k

whatsapp me on 07066586998
ok.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by M4gunners: 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2014
omenka: When we eventually have the right leadership in Abuja, all these great citizens of the country will come back home and together we will build a country that would be the envy of the world.

So help us God.
Ok I have heard you. Keep waiting till we have good government. If people like him don't come back to build the nation or to use his knowledge to empower youths,who will be the right Leadership in Abuja you are talking about?Obj,Gej,Tinubu,Babangida,Atiku or the old Man Buhari?
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by paulsir: 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2014
up south west,up ondo state,up Nigeria,up y......... Always at the forefront xcept terrorism and kidnapping but dont doubt money ritual.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by kabba7(m): 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
doctorgold: Nigerians making waves. Congrats Prof. However, we need people like you back home to help this ailing country of ours.

Hope he dont and never made that terrible mistake he will likely regret for life !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by RFella(m): 2:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
Am igbo, but we can unequivocally confirm that the westerners in Nigeria are setting the pace for others to follow in education and research....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by DOWHILE: 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
Awesome.........Yoruba pple. It's pple like this we need in our society. Kudos sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by vitality22(m): 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
This news gives me a great joy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by superstar1(m): 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
F117A: The university dosen't give a fucck where he comes from.
Your image will remain disgraceful until these people are brought back home to develop the country to reasonable standards, just like the indians have done.

And what is my business with your noise making. Am I the govt?

Joor o.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
ALAYORMII: A Professor of Nigerian descent, Ilesanmi Adesida made history last month by becoming the first black Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs of the well-respected University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in the United States.

Born in Ondo State, Prof Adesida is a Nigerian engineer whose outstanding work in the field of Nanotechnology has received much acclaim in the scientific community.

He obtained his Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley and subsequently went on to develop a body of work in the processing of semiconductors and other materials at the nanometer-scale level.

After his studies, he worked in various capacities at what is now known as the Cornell Nanofabrication Facility and the School of Electrical Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. He was also the head of the Electrical Engineering Department at Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Nigeria.

Commenting on his recently appointed role, Prof Adesida said: “I’m honoured and humbled to be selected as provost of this great campus. This is something I take very seriously. I know how to work very hard and I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and get the job done.”

Prof Adesida is a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the American Vacuum Society, and the Optical Society of America. He is also the past-president of IEEE Electron Devices Society.
FROM MY STUDY NIGERIANS DO SO WELL INDIVIDUALLY BUT NOT AS A TEAM. THATS Y NIGERIA IS STILL CLASSIFIED AS A DEVELOPING NATION EVEN AS SHE CELEBRATES 54.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89:

Its is now getting funny really. I am getting hate emails as well cheesy

Lmao @ the hate emails. grin Naija internet thugs won't kill me, a lot of them sound like white kids from the surbs who listen to too much gangsta rap. I just laugh when folks threaten me on here, after finding out that Nigeria is actually one of the safest ghettos in the world, apart from the feds with AK47. grin

Anyway, I feel for you - be scared. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by KingsJohnson(m): 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2014
Pls fellow Nairalanders do check out dis new job offer...

www.nairaland.com/1910503/need-good-sport-analyst-good

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by ifycent2: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
Airtel network is now working free browsing...
Chk my website: www.ictvpn.net
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Godsate: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
imsuboi:

based on what statistics abeg?

SMH undecided

Singing Shina Peter ' Jelousy jelousy na him dey worry youuuu" grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by oluwawhizteen(m): 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
fineyemi: It is osun and ondo excluding ekiti. I confirmed it masef.
what of ogun
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by sorom4: 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
missdebs: ondo, ekiti...states dat hv d highest regards for education n knowledge, ride on sir
.....and these states you mentioned have been failing WAEC since its inception compared to the Eastern States. smh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
OROSUNBOLB: As a People and as a Country,our potential is never in doubt.What is killing these potentials is corruption. Prof Adesida woudnt have succeeded in Nigeria.The usual (Nigerian) factors would have frustrated him and destroyed whatever talent that's in him. We are all proud of you and your achievements sir.
Very very true,
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by merieam16(f): 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
ifaoni: congrats, mr man. Check out my signature for cheap datas.
God bless ur hustle bro
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by MenGoingThereWay: 3:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
severee:

grin you are looking at the bad things what about the good things
-variety of yansh just for mark
-cash stash from extorting the f*ck outta students in the name of selling "handout"
-3 month holidays every year (strike)
- no stress of thinking of changing lecturing techniques just carry your 1960 something student note to class and use it to teach
-license to fail any student you like when you feel like and not get tackled for it

grin always look on the bright side of life

B U L L S H I T

-MenGoingThereWay
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by mysteko(m): 3:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
This is a wonderful news! Do know that he however is not the product of our nation's university.. Something must be done asap.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by chamboy(m): 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
Bunch of fools on here

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by tete7000(m): 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
doctorgold: Nigerians making waves. Congrats Prof. However, we need people like you back home to help this ailing country of ours.

But he already once worked in Nigeria. His profile says he was once the head of electrical engineering department, Tafawa Balewa University.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by chamboy(m): 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
Bunch of fools on here

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by chamboy(m): 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
More fools

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by chamboy(m): 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
Final mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Only One Move Can Balance This Equation / Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) / Onyiuke Akachukwu Matthew Tackles JAMB On Withheld UTME Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.