Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

I Cried When I Saw This - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Cried When I Saw This (11619 Views)

I'm Somali Why Do Blacks Get Mad When I Say That I'm Not Black? / When I Visited Dubai! My Views On Arab-muslim Women Changed / I Cried In My Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cried When I Saw This by omoge(f): 11:52pm On Nov 08, 2008
she done cry finish  grin
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by smurf(f): 11:52pm On Nov 08, 2008
I guess so tongue
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by bawomolo(m): 11:53pm On Nov 08, 2008
Why did you cry? They cannot lay hand on cocaine

lol wayo man.  maybe the red cross can donate a box of expired Oxycontin to these people.

at QT - not satisfactory
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by SisiJinx: 11:53pm On Nov 08, 2008
*Morenike:

Ok

Hmmm, burriful!

JamaicanQT:

@ ~Sauron~

ok i just changed it now u can see me from the front r u satisfied now?? grin grin grin

You goooo gurl!! grin grin

Oya eyin guys, e panu de. . . ain't nobody gonna mop your saliva! Shoooo.
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by Sauron1: 11:53pm On Nov 08, 2008
JamaicanQT:

why do u need a close shot, ? I'm not changing again

I can only see things that are close. . . .I am short-sighted. grin grin grin
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 08, 2008
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by bawomolo(m): 11:57pm On Nov 08, 2008
f.chick:

as depressing as that was,and i feel great pity for those chilren,i feel they are being exploited.so a documentary is being made about children who sniff glue,and the network will pay whoever owns it alot of money,how is that going to help the street children?

what does journalism have to do with philanthropy?
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by ikeyman00(m): 11:59pm On Nov 08, 2008
hmm grammar
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by JamaicanQT(f): 12:02am On Nov 09, 2008
lol what ever u need to get glasses to correct your sight grin grin grin grin

@ bawomolo

what do u mean not satisfactory? i am not changin pic again
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by StephenP(m): 12:04am On Nov 09, 2008
So when is the actual documentary coming out? Not that I'm interested in it. . . just curious.
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by Sauron1: 12:05am On Nov 09, 2008
JamaicanQT:

lol what ever u need to get glasses to correct your sight grin grin grin grin

Be nice. angry
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by SisiJinx: 12:12am On Nov 09, 2008
f.chick:

as depressing as that was,and i feel great pity for those chilren,i feel they are being exploited.so a documentary is being made about children who sniff glue,and the network will pay whoever owns it alot of money,how is that going to help the street children?

You know a quick google search would have gone a long way. . . .

Please pay close attention to the bolded part

The Glue Boys; Where are they now?

Paul and Evans:
Paul was one of the first Glue Boys we (the Glue Boys film crew) got to know quite well. The morning we filmed Paul sleeping on the porch of a small shop in Kitale, would be his last night on the street. After spending some time with Paul and getting to know him and his daily routine, we discovered an incredibly smart and talented young man hidden behind the tattered clothes and stench of stale glue. Evans, six years old, was one of the youngest boys we met while filming in Kitale. He was also the kindest and most playful boy we met on the streets. Whenever we saw Evans, he was always playing with something. Whether it was a rock he was kicking, or a bottle he was tossing around, or a toy he had made out of trash, his childlike innocence was still intact. Paul and Evans are now living at a group home established by the crew of Glue Boys while filming in Kitale. The home is now managed by Oasis of Hope, a local drop in center for street kids in Kitale.

John:
After running away from Laban’s house and the “Hope of Kenya” program, John was seen living on the streets of Nairobi and sniffing glue again. However after only a few weeks of life on the harsh Nairobi streets and away from the safety of Laban’s house, John made his way back to Kitale and back to the program. We are very hopeful that John will remain in the program and continue in his education.

Dennis and Musa:
Like Paul and Evans, Dennis and Musa were two of the Glue Boys who were invited to live in the group home we created. However Dennis and Musa had a problem with the “no glue sniffing” rule at the house and after many warnings ended up back on the streets. On a return trip to Kitale we ran into Dennis again on the streets. He was even deeper into his addiction to glue and it was taking a heavy toll on his health. He begged us to let him return to the home, however he refused to give up his glue sniffing habit. Musa is also still living on the streets however he is getting help from the Oasis of Hope drop in center and working towards quitting his glue sniffing habit.

Charles and Thomas:
After filming the story of Charles and Thomas, we knew we could not leave these two very young boys with their ailing mother on the streets of Kitale. Working with a local social worker and Kitale Children’s officer, and at the request of their mother, we were able to get Charles and Thomas a home. We were also able to get Charles and Thomas’ mother to stay in the home, however by this time her illness had become more severe rendering her completely incapable of caring for her children or herself. She died two weeks after we were able to help get her two boys into a home. It is hard to imagine what would have happened if those two boys were left alone on the streets, only to be raised by other glue boys. Unfortunately we know there other children as young as Charles and Thomas being raised by other street children all over the world.

You were saying?

StephenP:

So when is the actual documentary coming out? Not that I'm interested in it. . . just curious.

It came out in 2006
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by JamaicanQT(f): 12:16am On Nov 09, 2008
@ StephenP

Google Ross Kemp Meets The Glue Kids Of Kenya, There are loads of videos with it, Search youtube as well to see in full
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 09, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

You know a quick google search would have gone a long way. . . .

Please pay close attention to the bolded part

You were saying?

It came out in 2006
ohh,thats nice the kids got help, thanks for the info
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by bawomolo(m): 12:26am On Nov 09, 2008
what do u mean not satisfactory? i am not changin pic again

a little feisty aren't you? no means try harder in my dictionary cheesy
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by Gamine(f): 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2008
10 pages?? shocked

Jamaican is a Star wink
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by TOYOSI20(f): 3:03am On Nov 10, 2008
I see no more tears. . . . . shocked
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by spikedcylinder: 3:24pm On Nov 10, 2008
Jamaican, when I said you look like "those" Jamaicans, I'm sure you knew what I mean. wink

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by StephenP(m): 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2008
JamaicanQT:

@ StephenP

Google Ross Kemp Meets The Glue Kids Of Kenya, There are loads of videos with it, Search youtube as well to see in full

Sisi Jinx:

It came out in 2006

Thanks. Appreciate it.
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by KarmaMod(f): 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2008
Lol No more tears

No more drama

tongue
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by Morenike3(f): 11:01pm On Nov 10, 2008
TOYOSI20:

I see no more tears. . . . . shocked

KarmaMod:

Lol No more tears

No more drama

tongue

It is a Miracle!!! grin grin
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by whatever90(f): 12:31am On Nov 11, 2008
r u still crying? undecided
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by JamaicanQT(f): 1:45am On Nov 11, 2008
@ spikedcylinder

I dont know what you mean, when you talking to me get straight to the point and be very clear, i dont want to any misunderstanding, ok!!!
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by spikedcylinder: 8:54am On Nov 11, 2008
Wow. Who would have thought. undecided undecided
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by mohawkchic(f): 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2008
~Watched it on Sky,i was proper balling my eyes out,my son is the same age as most of those Kids,some even younger than him!! No amount of compassion could prepare me for that!! Very Sad!
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by timmfikk(m): 11:41pm On Nov 14, 2008
When i saw a mighty building collapsing it was really the only hope for a family to survive on but now its gone am still feeling the pain mehn cry cry
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by JamaicanQT(f): 6:19am On Nov 19, 2008
@  spikedcylinder

i see u trying to pick an argument so i suggest that you JUST MOVE ON AND ignore my comments. Never pick a fight you know you cant win!!! OK? wink wink
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by teissys(f): 1:49pm On May 21, 2009
Ewwwwww. . .
Is this Kenya my country. And with the rate at which those slums are growing. . . I dey fear lipsrsealed
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by ifele(m): 5:10pm On May 21, 2009
This world is a brutal place where survival is everything.
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by jona2: 7:41pm On May 21, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by OneNaija(m): 9:41am On May 22, 2009
My Question to the Poster. You cry when you see this? How much have you donate to charity since you were born? Black we are so Heartless.don't pretend here in NL.To give food and shelter to charity that not our duty in life.I don't believe you cry because I know Black Heart is very strong.Do you know 1 USD can change the little boys life if you contribute.stop saying I cried when i saw this.Senseless post.
Re: I Cried When I Saw This by teissys(f): 10:02am On May 22, 2009
OneNaija:

My Question to the Poster. You cry when you see this? How much have you donate to charity since you were born? Black we are so Heartless.don't pretend here in NL.[/b]To give food and shelter to charity that not our duty in life.[b]I don't believe you cry because I know Black Heart is very strong.Do you know 1 USD can change the little boys life if you contribute.stop saying I cried when i saw this.Senseless post.

shocked shocked shocked
Now, what the hell is the problem here? The lady simply shared her sentiments, she did not call for any harsh judgements. Whether she contributes money to the poor or not is no business of yours so if the post is senseless take your sensible posts to some other thread that looks sensible to you. Stop picking fights here and save space. Geez, this is pathetic

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu / African Americans Lack Values And Culture / Eri King Performs Alo-mmo Festival [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.