Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? (41762 Views)

Truck With Hero Beer Falls In Gboko, Benue State (Photos) / I present to you MY HERO! / Who Is Nigeria's Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by mukson00: 9:34am On Oct 01, 2014
Wht about ours father and mother that gave us care to be seing till now,iman and bishop that said this is gud and this wrong to got the gain of it in the last day,that is meant day of judgement.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Atmmachine(m): 9:34am On Oct 01, 2014
tejpot:
Again, Emeagwali is a scam! He has done nothing out of the ordinary except deception

He is your father's mate.
What has your father achieved ??
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by berrystunn(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2014
Blaqsmith: Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

A true hero who proposed and propounded the practical of FREE education in Nigeria and worked towards its implementation.

And for the present ones...make I still dey think.

TAHHHH FOR WEST ONLY

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 01, 2014
CharliParker: Mine is. Ikemba ojukwu, Owelle Rochas Okorocha Obafemi Owolowo,Dora akunyili
No offence but its an insult to place obafemi alongside those gallant heroes

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by frrank(m): 9:36am On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Pdizzle(m): 9:37am On Oct 01, 2014
Wole Soyinka.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 01, 2014
PROF. WOLE SOYINKA:

Black Africa's first Nobel prize winner in Literature (1986).

A man who was put in solitary confinement for calling for ceasefire during the Nigerian civil war.

A fearless man who gave IBB sleepless nights.

A man who brought the idea of the Road Safety Corps.

A man who co-founded the Pyrate Confraternity to fight for the rights of students on campus

A man who got a death sentence in absentia for being an unrepentant critic of the Abacha regime.

A man who was the loudest at criticizing Olusegun Obasanjo.

A man who has always spoken for the masses

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by DonDiego(m): 9:41am On Oct 01, 2014
Bros, you have a point with your reference to the Presidential scholarships and the dominance of the Yorubas in it, even though truth be told Igbos are the next largest bloc of recipients. But using the scholarships alone to determine the educational statuses of both ethnic groups may be misleading in my opinion. I think a more inclusive analysis should include the total number of Igbos in secondary schools and universities in other states of the country including Yoruba states relative to the number of Yoruba students in those schools and in those states including Igboland. When you view it from that prism you'll begin to get a clearer picture, I think.

0merta:

It ain't about ratings, aroma or price but about LOYALTY! Hennessy till I die! My Nigger, Tupac loved Hennessy too, you know! grin grin

How dare you use WAEC results as a yardstick? With the number of special centres discovered in Anambra and other South eastern states?

Don't you think parameters like the annual NUC ranking of Nigerian Universities and the Presidential Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) would be better yardsticks?

If you listened to President GEJ's speech earlier this morning, he reiterated the fact that the PRESSID scheme is based purely on merit and outstanding academic excellence, whose Scholars are given full scholarships to study in any of the top 25 best universities in the world.

Well, in case you don't know, Yorubas had 54% slots in the 2014 Presidential Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID), with the rest of Nigeria sharing the remaining 46%? In the 2013 maiden edition of the scheme, 70% slots went to South westerners, and the rest of the country shared the remaining 30%.

With regards to the NUC ranking of federal, state and private universities, you know the South west always come tops year in year out...from time immemorial!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by tejpot(m): 9:41am On Oct 01, 2014
Atmmachine:

He is your father's mate.
What has your father achieved ??
I am absolutely sure you don't understand my point. What brought my father into this? You must be a product of an unknown sper.m donor.

Then tell me if Emegwali is 75
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by asamaigho(m): 9:41am On Oct 01, 2014
kaduna nzeogwu...d military guy
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by meccuno: 9:42am On Oct 01, 2014
I Like that Gani guy,Idiagbon,Ojukwu,Fela........Sam mbakwe,Jakande....to mention a few..
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Blaqsmith(m): 9:44am On Oct 01, 2014
berrystunn:

TAHHHH FOR WEST ONLY
West,South,North,East...

^^they make the world.

Awolowo did his part within his immediate jurisdiction.
What was others like,Ojukwu,ahmadu Bello and the rest doing?

I wanna know!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by petnuel(m): 9:46am On Oct 01, 2014
Rt Hon Rotimi Amaechi 4 his political sagacity. Honour, principles n selfless service 2 a ppl f Rivas who blindly dont just care

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by chinex276(m): 9:46am On Oct 01, 2014
Emulti: CHINEX
reasons:
(1) for giving myself power supply
(2) for paying heavily for my security.
(3) for struggling nd hustling jst to make a living.
(4) for enduring d intimidation nd sufferings imposed on nigerians since 1960. etc
4. For giving my vote 2 GeJ in d last general election
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by redcliff: 9:47am On Oct 01, 2014
Blaqsmith:
The last time I checked,Yoruba is a major part of Nigeria.

So get lost!

Why are you angry? Our conversation has not gotten to that point.. cheesy
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by juman(m): 9:47am On Oct 01, 2014
sholay2011:
Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

Dora Akunyili

Gani Fawehinmi

Wole Soyinka

I agree with you.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by greatdave(m): 9:48am On Oct 01, 2014
john4reala: phyno
olamide
psquare
lil'kesh
mikel obi
nicki minaj
d'banj
E.t.c

Females
maheeda
sheyi shay
tiwa savage
omotola jalade
genevive
E.t.c

So Nicky Minaj is now a Male Nigerian?! Wre U̶̲̥̅̊ trying to be st.U̶̲̥̅̊.pid or that's how U̶̲̥̅̊ are? angry
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Waspy(m): 9:48am On Oct 01, 2014
Oloye Obafemi Awolowo and Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo

Gani Fawehinmi and Femi Falana and Olisa Agbakoba and JJ Okocha
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by 0merta(m): 9:48am On Oct 01, 2014
emmyspark007:
May Ifa strike u down....Obafemi awolowo is no hero, he is a tribalist and encouraged genocide...I pray he rots in hell

What's your problem, young man? Take a chill pill!

Are you pained by the starvation policy or the 20 Pounds policy? Which?

He might not be a hero to you but your hero, Ojukwu sees him as a Hero...meaning he's indirectly a "Grand hero" to you!

Awolowo was not only a hero! He was a trailblazer! He's the reason my late Grand parents spoke fluent, queen's english. He's the reason my parents and virtually all my elderly uncles and Aunts are university graduates.

Do you know that Awolowo was and is still the only Nigerian Non-President or Non-head-of-state to be bestowed with a GCFR National honour?

Do you know his portrait graces the 100 naira note, depicting that he was even considered before other heroes like Zik and Ahmadu Bello, whose portraits graced other denominations years later?

Do you know that Awolowo's feats as Premier of the Western region made Azikiwe look like a Crook as Eastern region's Premier?

Do you know he was his own Lawyer when he was charged to court for cooked up and illegal felony charges! He defended himself. That was how smart he was...

Ojukwu caused the genocide and not Baba Awo!

Oloshi like you!

8 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by oluwawhizteen(m): 9:49am On Oct 01, 2014
my nigerian hero: Uncle Goodylucky Jonathan(Rising From Nothing To Something), Uncle Muhammadu Buhari(Incorruptible Leader), My Very Own Uncle Sege 'ebora owu' Obj(Brought Telephone To 9ja), Pa Awolowo Obafemi(All Rounder), and Ma Heroine Hmmmmmmmmmmmmn! FRANCISCA ETEH(ETEH MUST GO!)
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by juman(m): 9:49am On Oct 01, 2014
Also those people that are struggling to make this country a better country.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by tejpot(m): 9:50am On Oct 01, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Did he win the Gordon prize for super computing or not?
Yes he won, only by default. How has d award helped in the betterment of our life if not negative image through falsely presenting himself as a Phd holder. But you can't put him with the likes of Akunyili, I understand you.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Moonland100(m): 9:50am On Oct 01, 2014
WE DON'T HAVE HERO YET ALL OUR PAST LEADERS ARE THIEVES, MAYBE WEN I BECOME PRESIDENT U CAN CALL ME HERO
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by sunnyphem(m): 9:51am On Oct 01, 2014
♍♈ past hero is Obafemi AWO!!!.... ♍♈ present is Engineer Segun ONI, formal governor of Ekiti state! Help mi to re-write ♍♈ Waec freely wen I failed the first one! If not for him.... Hmmmm ♍♈ past hero is Obafemi AWO!!!.... ♍♈ present is Engineer Segun ONI, formal governor of Ekiti state! Help mi to re-write ♍♈ Waec freely wen I failed the first one! If not for him.... Hmmmm
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by 0merta(m): 9:52am On Oct 01, 2014
Steadmann:

Aptly put.

We got 70% in 2013 and 54% in 2014. Only SW ooooooooo.

This should answer Tony.

Cheers.

I love your signature, Bro!

Yoruba tokan tokan ni emi na ooo! grin grin
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by juman(m): 9:52am On Oct 01, 2014
Oba of Lagos (oba rilwanu akiolu)
general alani akinrinade
general yinka adebayo
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Kunleskey(m): 9:54am On Oct 01, 2014
Let's stop deceiving ourself Nigeria did not have any hero.. We only have big men and they are not great men but a failure...

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by bundur(m): 9:57am On Oct 01, 2014
I Respect Sardauna n Tafawa Balewa
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:58am On Oct 01, 2014
tejpot:
Yes he won, only by default. How has d award helped in the betterment of our life if not negative image through falsely presenting himself as a Phd holder. But you can't put him with the likes of Akunyili, I understand you.

if he won the prize, if he is that good in supercomputing, then he is worth to celebrate.
He is a genius. he showed an African can do it.
No negative image here, you are the one living in negative image.
Sahara reporters tried to paint him bad, but they failed woefully.
If he doesn't influence you, he influenced many people from around the world.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 01, 2014
0merta:

What's your problem, young man? Take a chill pill!

Are you pained by the starvation policy or the 20 Pounds policy? Which?

He might not be a hero to you but your hero, Ojukwu sees him as a Hero...meaning he's indirectly a "Grand hero" to you!

Awolowo was not only a hero! He was a trailblazer! He's the reason my late Grand parents spoke fluent, queen's english. He's the reason my parents and virtually all my elderly uncles and Aunts are university graduates.

Do you know that Awolowo was and is still the only Nigerian Non-President or Non-head-of-state to be bestowed with a GCFR National honour?

Do you know his portrait graces the 100 naira note, depicting that he was even considered before other heroes like Zik and Ahmadu Bello, whose portraits graced other denominations years later?

Do you know that Awolowo's feats as Premier of the Western region made Azikiwe look like a Crook as Eastern region's Premier?

Do you know he was his own Lawyer when he was charged to court for cooked up and illegal felony charges! He defended himself. That was how smart he was...

Ojukwu caused the genocide and not Baba Awo!

Oloshi like you!

So u even called me oloshi..TFU
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nosu(m): 10:01am On Oct 01, 2014
Apart for some few men that nigerians don't celebrate, we don't have hero. We have men fighting for their own pocket; even a lot of the men of God also fall into this category.
Awolowo,Abiola,ojukwu, abacha,Obj,Muritala, and even Asari dokubo, etc all fought for their pocket, ego and their lineage, so let stop all these heroes issue, because a lot of nigerians doesn't even know who an hero is.

If we are a right thinking nation, men like chinua achebe, Wole shoyinka, Gani, beko Kuti, funsho williams,Dele Giwa and some few other will be celebrated forever.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 01, 2014
celebrate the independent day on a new website which is being launched today. Celebrate independent day with geniuses on www.ebiag.com. Be among the first to comment there and win a recharge card. Happy Independent day, Nigeria!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Truck Crushes Man's Car In Calabar, As He Goes To Ease Himself Inside Bush / Young Man Poses Inside A Casket (Photo) / Okada Man Carrying Goats In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.