Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? (41760 Views)

Truck With Hero Beer Falls In Gboko, Benue State (Photos) / I present to you MY HERO! / Who Is Nigeria's Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 01, 2014
poweredcom: Lexington steele
^ is he a nigerian?
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Monzuur(m): 8:04am On Oct 01, 2014
Fela anikulapo kuti........ obafemi awolowo......... 2face idibia ..........ogbeni rauf aregbesola osun state governor
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 01, 2014
0merta: "All is fair in war, and starvation is one of the weapons of war. I don't see why we should feed our enemies fat in order for them to fight harder..."

- Obafemi Awolowo (1909-1987)
Therefore, all is fair in ONE NIGERIA ===>

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by 0merta(m): 8:05am On Oct 01, 2014
tonychristopher:
If they were more educated how come igbos were the first Nigerian vice chancellor of university of Ibadan and university of Lagos

Do you see your illogicalities

They could have tapped from their human capital skills

Igbos are more educated then and till now

Thank lord for data and statistics

Even waec neco and GCE has proved this over A decade let's not argue this Oga

Its independence celebration

Drink on me

One nation one people

There were a lot of better-qualified Yoruba Professors and Scholars than the then Igbo VCs of the Universities of Ibadan and Lagos, but an Igbo man was the ceremonial President then and he presided over the appointments of his kinsmen.

A shameful act of cronyism and sheer nepotism, if you ask me!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Rexyl(m): 8:07am On Oct 01, 2014
In Politics: Chief Obafemi Awolowo plus few others

and

The President Goodluck Jonathan, the moment he is successful to secure victory over the wars being waged against his administration, against securing Nigeria as a secular Nation, and his ability to implement the report of recently concluded national conference.

Lobatan!
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by akatekpe(m): 8:08am On Oct 01, 2014
See the names people are mentioning angry .For allowing Fredrick Lord Lugard to almagamate the NORTHERN and southern Protectorate,none of the founding fathers of this country is a hero. Our problem started since 1914.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Tweetums(f): 8:11am On Oct 01, 2014
Fela Baba

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by chibaik(m): 8:11am On Oct 01, 2014
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by topearos(m): 8:11am On Oct 01, 2014
datguru:

What is abacha, you mean that ibo food ? I like it too
grin
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 01, 2014
chibaik: Chukwuemeks Odumegwu Ojukwu

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by kstyle2(m): 8:14am On Oct 01, 2014
Don jazzy

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by kenx1(m): 8:15am On Oct 01, 2014
RASHIDI YEKINI

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by tonychristopher: 8:16am On Oct 01, 2014
0merta:

There were a lot of better-qualified Yoruba Professors and Scholars than the then Igbo VCs of the Universities of Ibadan and Lagos, but an Igbo man was the ceremonial President then and presided over the appointments of his kinsmen.

A shameful act of cronyism and sheer nepotism, if you ask me!

Oh. That's a new twist ...Lol that's so hilarious

The what of lately

Boy agree that Igbo de go school pass una

If you admit your shortcomings that's the first step to recovery
But ....

I will not argue

I wish us a great independence

A glass if brandy for you

Remy Martin bro
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by tonychristopher: 8:18am On Oct 01, 2014
kingthreat:

Stop talking like you take things up your anuus. Awo never killed himself.

That's what they told you or made you to believe
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 01, 2014
Taiwo Akinkumi, d man who designed d national flag, who after yrs of suffering they jx announce y/day dat Fg will place him on Salary henceforth. To God b d Glory.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by vulpeslopez(m): 8:22am On Oct 01, 2014
Dr Ameyo Adadevoh,The doctor who saved Nigeria from Ebola virus by placing Patrick Sawyer in quarantine despite pressures from the Dumb Liberian Government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by 0merta(m): 8:23am On Oct 01, 2014
tonychristopher:

Oh. That's a new twist ...Lol that's so hilarious

The what of lately

Boy agree that Igbo de go school pass una

If you admit your shortcomings that's the first step to recovery
But ....

I will not argue

I wish us a great independence

A glass if brandy for you

Remy Martin bro

I know in the depths of your heart, you know the truth...

Well, I actually prefer Hennessy...and I've got one with me here!

Happy independence, fellow Nigerian!
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by superstar3: 8:25am On Oct 01, 2014
Fela Anikulapo Kuti
Pro. Wole Soyinka
Dora Akuyili
Gani Faweyinmi
Funmilayo Ransome Kuti

These species of people are rare in Nigeria. These ones speaks the truth regardless of how brutal their opposition is. These are few elder statemen that have concience.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 01, 2014
Emulti: me
reasons:
(1) for giving myself power supply
(2) for paying heavily for my security
(3) for struggling nd hustling jst to make a living
(4) for enduring d intimidation nd sufferings imposed on nigerians since 1960. etc
Lol..ur a true hero then.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by tonychristopher: 8:33am On Oct 01, 2014
0merta:

I know in the depths of your heart, you know the truth...

Well, I actually prefer Hennessy...and I've got one with me here!

Happy independence, fellow Nigerian!

Hennessey is on point but over rated bro I think Remy Martin is on point but better still why dont you stick to jack Daniel is very good especially the aroma

That's makes a good brandy ..as a conossieur of finest brandy I am offering you my consultation for free to my friend . That's my independence gift to you

But if you will agree with me igbos are so educated that WAEC is so confused how they have achieved feat this last ten to fifteen years but that not saying yorubas doesn't go to school bro..they do but give it to igbos

Happy Independence bro
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by tenajtek(f): 8:34am On Oct 01, 2014
The Nigerian military, Goodluck Jonathan, Fora Akunyuli
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by DonDiego(m): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2014
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu - the man who saw tomorrow. Wole Soyinka - the man whose implacable opposition to injustice and tyranny is both ever-lasting and universal. Chinua Achebe - the man who spoke bitter truth to power regardless of whether that power was European (Western) or local (Nigerian.)

Unfortunately, these are now almost all our ancestors. Whatever happened to our generation and the unwillingness to be heroes and heroines?
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by abdulabbakar(m): 8:38am On Oct 01, 2014
Sir Ahmadu Bello (Sardauna)
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Chinaimporter: 8:39am On Oct 01, 2014
[size=18pt]I am ashamed nobody here mentioned aminu kanu
Mine is aminu kanu,zik of africa, herbert marculay,tafewa balewa,[/size]
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by chrisdoller(m): 8:39am On Oct 01, 2014
pussyaddict: I have 3 heroines..

Afrocandy

Cossy orjiakor

Maheeda

I just dey mercy for ur life
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by chibaik(m): 8:43am On Oct 01, 2014
kabba7:

Did the Nigerian military kill Shekau ? please wake up you are slipping

No na you kill am!
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 01, 2014
phyno
olamide
psquare
lil'kesh
mikel obi
nicki minaj
d'banj
E.t.c

Females
maheeda
sheyi shay
tiwa savage
omotola jalade
genevive
E.t.c
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by ryusufu(m): 8:45am On Oct 01, 2014
Abacha
Sardauna
Yaradua
Kwankwaso
Tafawa balewa
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by roufy235(m): 8:48am On Oct 01, 2014
ajashin
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by redcliff: 8:53am On Oct 01, 2014
Blaqsmith: Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

A true hero who proposed and propounded the practical of FREE education in Nigeria and worked towards its implementation.

And for the present ones...make I still dey think.

free education for the yoruba people not the whole nation abeg.. stop that.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 01, 2014
late sir Ahmadu Bello, n late Umaru musa yar'adua
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 01, 2014
Histrings08: ....haaaaaa!!! That man that led one of d most bloody coup..I hope you're not in nigeria army...
...he was a man who led the bloodiest Nigeria military coup to root out the most corrupt regime in Nigerian history.Orkar made a strong statement,too bad he did not succeed..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Truck Crushes Man's Car In Calabar, As He Goes To Ease Himself Inside Bush / Young Man Poses Inside A Casket (Photo) / Okada Man Carrying Goats In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.