Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? (41757 Views)

Truck With Hero Beer Falls In Gboko, Benue State (Photos) / I present to you MY HERO! / Who Is Nigeria's Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by DECOtech(m): 8:59am On Oct 01, 2014
alentyno: Mine are

Chinua achebe

Philip emegwuali

Dora ankunyili

Wale tinubu (owner of oando)

As for the politicians none! angry

Was Dora Akuyili not a politician?
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by IYANGBALI: 8:59am On Oct 01, 2014
greall1: Awo.
Awo na ni,ko selegbe e,Awo baba. Up Awooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by pazienza(m): 9:00am On Oct 01, 2014
I have no Nigerian hero, only Igbo heroes, but since Igboland is currently under Nigerian occupation,i guess my Igbo heroes are Nigerians, so i would substitute the Igbo in my Igbo heroes and replace them with Nigerian, to get Nigerian heroes.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Heart2heart(m): 9:01am On Oct 01, 2014
Mine is Dora Akunyili of blessed memory. Mama, this stubborn pikin wey you been they fight for, sacrifice for, to make her good, clean and great don turn a year older again today Oh!, with same habit of pooing in her diapers!
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 01, 2014
General Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu

Chinua Achebe

Senator Chris Ngige

My MUM
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by emmdam(m): 9:04am On Oct 01, 2014
Chief Obafemi Awolowo(Past) and Dora Ankunyili(Present)
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by tejpot(m): 9:04am On Oct 01, 2014
alentyno: Mine are

Chinua achebe

Philip emegwuali

Dora ankunyili

Wale tinubu (owner of oando)

As for the politicians none! angry
Who is Philip Emegwali? He's a scam. Ask google and check Wikipedia. He has achieved no more than what U have.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Drajah(m): 9:07am On Oct 01, 2014
Gen sani abacha angry
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 01, 2014
tonychristopher:
If they were more educated how come igbos were the first Nigerian vice chancellor of university of Ibadan and university of Lagos

Do you see your illogicalities

They could have tapped from their human capital skills

Igbos are more educated then and till now

Thank lord for data and statistics

Even waec neco and GCE has proved this over A decade let's not argue this Oga

Its independence celebration

Drink on me

One nation one people

This matter has been debated several times here on nl

The most senior Nigerian Prof at U.I then was a Yoruba(I have forgotten his name).

But because Igbos(Zik of Onisa) and Hausas(Balewa) were the ones running the affair of Nigeria then, Prof Dike was appointed as the VC of University of Ibadan.

VC position has always been a political appointment till now.

Google is your friend.

Don't start unnecessary arguement.

Abi you've forgotten the Chinua Asebe statement that Yoruba was ahead and Igbos later caught up(according to him oooo, he made sure he caused confusion before he kpaied).

Anyway,

Enjoy yourself. It's your keyboard.

Cheers.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by tejpot(m): 9:10am On Oct 01, 2014
igbo2011: Nnamdi Azikiwe
Phillip Emeagweli
Blessing Okaghere
Affiong Addiong
Emeka Ojukwu
Madame Tinubu
Murtala Mohammed
Queen Amina
Buhari
The Kutis
Again, Emeagwali is a scam! He has done nothing out of the ordinary except deception
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by pazienza(m): 9:10am On Oct 01, 2014
So, my Nigerian heroes are:

1. Chukwuemeka Ojukwu.

2. Chinua Achebe.

3. Millions of Igbo youths who died defending Biafra from invaders.

4. Strong Igbo women whose fertility and industry ensured the restoration of Igbo population post civil war, not just by giving birth, but by contributing economically in raising that generation of Igbo nation.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by 0merta(m): 9:10am On Oct 01, 2014
tonychristopher:

Hennessey is on point but over rated bro I think Remy Martin is on point but better still why dont you stick to jack Daniel is very good especially the aroma

That's makes a good brandy ..as a conossieur of finest brandy I am offering you my consultation for free to my friend . That's my independence gift to you

But if you will agree with me igbos are so educated that WAEC is so confused how they have achieved feat this last ten to fifteen years but that not saying yorubas doesn't go to school bro..they do but give it to igbos

Happy Independence bro

It ain't about ratings, aroma or price but about LOYALTY! Hennessy till I die! My Nigger, Tupac loved Hennessy too, you know! grin grin

How dare you use WAEC results as a yardstick? With the number of special centres discovered in Anambra and other South eastern states?

Don't you think parameters like the annual NUC ranking of Nigerian Universities and the Presidential Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) would be better yardsticks?

If you listened to President GEJ's speech earlier this morning, he reiterated the fact that the PRESSID scheme is based purely on merit and outstanding academic excellence, whose Scholars are given full scholarships to study in any of the top 25 best universities in the world.

Well, in case you don't know, Yorubas had 54% slots in the 2014 Presidential Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID), with the rest of Nigeria sharing the remaining 46%? In the 2013 maiden edition of the scheme, 70% slots went to South westerners, and the rest of the country shared the remaining 30%.

With regards to the NUC ranking of federal, state and private universities, you know the South west always come tops year in year out...from time immemorial!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Tonylyte(m): 9:11am On Oct 01, 2014
tonychristopher:

What will you say about me
U are a nobody as far as naija is concern. Lol
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by pazienza(m): 9:12am On Oct 01, 2014
Happy independence day to Nigerians.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by idu1(m): 9:13am On Oct 01, 2014
Abacha is my hero.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by lourash(m): 9:14am On Oct 01, 2014
Chief Gani Fawenhimi, Fela Anikulapo and the former Adams Oshiomole
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Tonylyte(m): 9:14am On Oct 01, 2014
Blaqsmith:

Should I say u are dumb? No I won't cos Mama told me to always respect peoples' opinion....

When Awolowo gave the free education,was he the president then?
Was south-west not part of Nigeria then?
What was other geographical zones leaders doing while Awolowo was busy working in the South-West?

I need ur answers on my table right away!
U re a perfect e.g of the word simpleton. Did u even read the post i quoted? Did u even read the topic?
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:16am On Oct 01, 2014
tejpot:
Who is Philip Emegwali? He's a scam. Ask google and check Wikipedia. He has achieved no more than what U have.

Did he win the Gordon prize for super computing or not?
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 01, 2014
0merta: "All is fair in war, and starvation is one of the weapons of war. I don't see why we should feed our enemies fat in order for them to fight harder..."

- Obafemi Awolowo (1909-1987)
May Ifa strike u down....Obafemi awolowo is no hero, he is a tribalist and encouraged genocide...I pray he rots in hell
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by eunisam: 9:17am On Oct 01, 2014
etunoman76: For every strides achieved by all well meaning nations, there are heroes who are well known for the significant roles played in relative field towards the attainment of set national goals. Who is your HERO?

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE!!!!!!
Ojukwu and GEJ
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by somsom(f): 9:19am On Oct 01, 2014
Alvan Ikoku
Nnamdi Azikiwe
Dora Akunyili
C Achebe
Chimamnda Adiche

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:19am On Oct 01, 2014
0merta:

It ain't about ratings, aroma or price but about LOYALTY! Hennessy till I die! My Nigger, Tupac loved Hennessy too, you know! grin grin

How dare you use WAEC results as a yardstick? With the number of special centres discovered in Anambra and other South eastern states?

Don't you think parameters like the annual NUC ranking of Nigerian Universities and the Presidential Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) would be better yardsticks?

If you listened to President GEJ's speech earlier this morning, he reiterated the fact that the PRESSID scheme is based purely on merit and outstanding academic excellence, whose Scholars are given full scholarships to study in any of the top 25 best universities in the world.

Well, in case you don't know, Yorubas had 54% slots in the 2014 Presidential Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID), with the rest of Nigeria sharing the remaining 46%? In the 2013 maiden edition of the scheme, 70% slots went to South westerners, and the rest of the country shared the remaining 30%.

With regards to the NUC ranking of federal, state and private universities, you know the South west always come tops year in year out...from time immemorial!

School rating is different from brilliance.
the latter goes to the east as they have more globally influential figures.
All 3 igbos that participated in the scholarship scheme got it.
So what's your point.
The waec and cut off marks are more reliable.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 01, 2014
0merta:

Aptly put.

We got 70% in 2013 and 54% in 2014. Only SW ooooooooo.

This should answer Tony.

Cheers.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by CharliParker: 9:24am On Oct 01, 2014
Mine is. Ikemba ojukwu, Owelle Rochas Okorocha Obafemi Owolowo,Dora akunyili
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Blaqsmith(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2014
redcliff:

free education for the yoruba people not the whole nation abeg.. stop that.
The last time I checked,Yoruba is a major part of Nigeria.

So get lost!
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Blaqsmith(m): 9:27am On Oct 01, 2014
Tonylyte:
U re a perfect e.g of the word simpleton. Did u even read the post i quoted? Did u even read the topic?

Its my birthday,please don't use ur chronic dumbness to spoil the fun here...

Anu npama!
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by infinitty(m): 9:29am On Oct 01, 2014
My hero is president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for his giant strives in reforming nigeria. He is realy focused and determined.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:30am On Oct 01, 2014
Goodswill Akpabio.... kiss
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by supereagle(m): 9:30am On Oct 01, 2014
Reserved
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Atmmachine(m): 9:31am On Oct 01, 2014
Wizkid cool cool
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Atmmachine(m): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2014
#James Ibori

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by DonDiego(m): 9:34am On Oct 01, 2014
Bros, nowhere in the world is the VC position given stricly to the most senior academic in a particular university. It is also usally not strictly for the most brillant. Or else only Nobel Prize winners would be VCs abroad. So your argument is weak on that score.
As for the alleged cronysm of Zik in the Dr Dike, it is really laughable. UI in the late 50s and early 60s was peopled by mostly expatriate academic staff and merit was still the order of the day. Only the man who combined strong academic credentials with an acknowledged leadership quality could have emerged. And he happened to be Dike.
Steadmann:

This matter has been debated several times here on nl

The most senior Nigerian Prof at U.I then was a Yoruba(I have forgotten his name).

But because Igbos(Zik of Onisa) and Hausas(Balewa) were the ones running the affair of Nigeria then, Prof Dike was appointed as the VC of University of Ibadan.

VC position has always been a political appointment till now.

Google is your friend.

Don't start unnecessary arguement.

Abi you've forgotten the Chinua Asebe statement that Yoruba was ahead and Igbos later caught up(according to him oooo, he made sure he caused confusion before he kpaied).

Anyway,

Enjoy yourself. It's your keyboard.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Truck Crushes Man's Car In Calabar, As He Goes To Ease Himself Inside Bush / Young Man Poses Inside A Casket (Photo) / Okada Man Carrying Goats In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.