Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? (53207 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why / Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 06, 2014
ephee:

maternal u ar a learner.am sure u ar one of dem broke ass niggars.

go for ur size nd stop acting fustrated.u can as well end up with ur fellow mgbeke.
I have not seen a guy as frustrated as this maternal. He calls himself maternal meanwhile I doubt a woman gave birth to him.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 06, 2014
ephee:

charm01 love u for this.

keep ur head high.

mine was as a result of domestic violence and non challant, arrogant and aggresive attitude.
we are survivors in this world. Thank God you are alive today. Just look up to God. He has all the answers we need.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 06, 2014
And to all those real men who have large hearts and great minds, who have looked past stigma and stereotype to date or marry single mothers, more grease to your elbows. God will enlarge your territory. And to those who are trying to discourage these strong men, just a reminder KARMA is a cold-blooded woman. Don't forget you have sisters, cousins, mothers and will have daughters one day. Single-motherhood didn't stop at my generation, it will continue as long as the earth remains. I don't wish you what has happened to my family but you have clearly forgotten that "what goes around, comes around". And to those juvenile boys who have made and are making ladies single mothers, I leave you to the God of vengeance. He will sort your matter out.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Lovechyld101(m): 9:04am On Oct 06, 2014
The part a man would tread or journey in this life he must surly pass that way lot of factors come into play I have seen situation where its that child that help the whole family later on in future as for me its either the child is fully integrated into my home or doesn't have anything to do with my home at all. I feel single mothers are matured and experienced then most single ladies out there.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by sugaarbear(m): 10:25am On Oct 06, 2014
Tuktuk:
they are still with me but will eventually have to give them up to their mothers pple.
you must be kindhearted...keep it up hun

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by maternal: 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
ephee:

maternal u ar a learner.am sure u ar one of dem broke ass niggars.

go for ur size nd stop acting fustrated.u can as well end up with ur fellow mgbeke.

Actually I'm doing well financially. And to think after a man makes it he should share that success with someone who will bring nothing but a financial burden in another man's child is comical. Me acting frustrated ? I have a woman and even if I didn't I'm a man, it's not hard to get one nowadays. You single mothers who know deep down the only men you'll ever get are the scraps if you'll get one at all are the frustrated ones.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by maternal: 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
CharmO1:
This ur poverty is really bothering you. But to be candid it's not ur poverty that limits you, it's your stinky attitude. Grow up and open ur mind a little then poverty will leave u alone. Until you do that, you will always eat stones and granite for breakfast.

Because I don't tell you what you want to hear "I have an attitude" ? You were irresponsible and now you're paying the price as a single mother. Stop making excuses and own your behavior.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by maternal: 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
CharmO1:
And to all those real men who have large hearts and great minds, who have looked past stigma and stereotype to date or marry single mothers, more grease to your elbows. God will enlarge your territory. And to those who are trying to discourage these strong men, just a reminder KARMA is a cold-blooded woman. Don't forget you have sisters, cousins, mothers and will have daughters one day. Single-motherhood didn't stop at my generation, it will continue as long as the earth remains. I don't wish you what has happened to my family but you have clearly forgotten that "what goes around, comes around". And to those juvenile boys who have made and are making ladies single mothers, I leave you to the God of vengeance. He will sort your matter out.

What about those ladies chosing to have babies for those juvenile boys ? So it's always the boys fault ? Again when will you and those others baby mama take responsibility for YOUR actions ? God gave you people a brain, use it and keep his name out of your mouth when you choose not to use it.

But back to the matter. I have a cousin who's a single mother that gave birth when she was 18. Her parents always warned her but she didn't listen. Now the only men who'll date her are the scraps. No real successful man even entertains her once they found out she has a pikin. Unlike you she realizes her situation and must now live with it. She's not here walking around like a delusional person thinking her chances of pulling a good success man is the same as a childless woman. Respect yourself for goodness sakes.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
maternal:

What about those ladies chosing to have babies for those juvenile boys ? So it's always the boys fault ? Again when will you and those others baby mama take responsibility for YOUR actions ? God gave you people a brain, use it and keep his name out of your mouth when you choose not to use it.

But back to the matter. I have a cousin who's a single mother that gave birth when she was 18. Her parents always warned her but she didn't listen. Now the only men who'll date her are the scraps. No real successful man even entertains her once they found out she has a pikin. Unlike you she realizes her situation and must now live with it. She's not here walking around like a delusional person thinking her chances of pulling a good success man is the same as a childless woman. Respect yourself for goodness sakes.
Mr Maternal, I'll quote you this last time and won't again cos it's the anonymity that the internet offers that you hide behind to insult your betters because it's people like you I'm training in school and paying salaries to. Your cousin wants to date scrap so that's her problem. I won't accept scrappy men just because a small-minded simpleton like you think I should. I don't need to come to an open platform and defend my past to low-lifes whose only joy in life is ridiculing people on Nairaland. I'm much more than that. What you think about me doesn't matter or even bother me. As for your cousin, send me to me for training I can assure you she'll become a better woman. Already your bad family blood won't allow her have some pride in herself as a woman. Don't jumble all single mothers in the same basket with her please. Some of us have class. Anyway, Mr Maternal, stop walking around with a stick up your a.r,se and iron pellets in your gullet. It's inferiority complex that makes a person talk down on others. Don't allow your low level life blind you from seeing a better future. Kudos. And God bless.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by maternal: 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
CharmO1:
Mr Maternal, I'll quote you this last time and won't again cos it's the anonymity that the internet offers that you hide behind to insult your betters because it's people like you I'm training in school and paying salaries to. Your cousin wants to date scrap so that's her problem. I won't accept scrappy men just because a small-minded simpleton like you think I should. I don't need to come to an open platform and defend my past to low-lifes whose only joy in life is ridiculing people on Nairaland. I'm much more than that. What you think about me doesn't matter or even bother me. As for your cousin, send me to me for training I can assure you she'll become a better woman. Already your bad family blood won't allow her have some pride in herself as a woman. Don't jumble all single mothers in the same basket with her please. Some of us have class. Anyway, Mr Maternal, stop walking around with a stick up your a.r,se and iron pellets in your gullet. It's inferiority complex that makes a person talk down on others. Don't allow your low level life blind you from seeing a better future. Kudos. And God bless.

Lol@ some of us have class. Is it not the same action both of you did, and the same situation both of you are in ? She's classless and you're classy ? Either way let's agree to disagree. Goodluck waiting for that guy. You're only getting older while still being a single mother. Two things most good single men avoid when looking for a partner. The longer you wait the more undesirable you will be. Goodluck again. You truly do need god on this one.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
maternal:

Actually I'm doing well financially. And to think after a man makes it he should share that success with someone who will bring nothing but a financial burden in another man's child is comical. Me acting frustrated ? I have a woman and even if I didn't I'm a man, it's not hard to get one nowadays. You single mothers who know deep down the only men you'll ever get are the scraps if you'll get one at all are the frustrated ones.

maternal u ar an example of a scrap. u ar of shallow thoughts. who told u single mothers cant get a good responsible man to settle down.it is men like u that make a woman end up as a single mother besides u ar not God so dont judge people.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
maternal:

Lol@ some of us have class. Is it not the same action both of you did, and the same situation both of you are in ? She's classless and you're classy ? Either way let's agree to disagree. Goodluck waiting for that guy. You're only getting older while still being a single mother. Two things most good single men avoid when looking for a partner. The longer you wait the more undesirable you will be. Goodluck again. You truly do need god on this one.

maternal am sure u ar suffering from inferiority complex. u sound very immature.i wunt b surprised if ar one of the scraps loitering around.
abeg park well
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
maternal:

Because I don't tell you what you want to hear "I have an attitude" ? You were irresponsible and now you're paying the price as a single mother. Stop making excuses and own your behavior.

maternal am sure ar still sucking boobs thats y u ar miss yarning. from ur response i can tell u ar a small boy coz real men think maturely and act responsible irrespective of the woman's status.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
ephee:

maternal am sure ar still sucking boobs thats y u ar miss yarning. from ur response i can tell u ar a small boy coz real men think maturely and act responsible irrespective of the woman's status.
my dear just leave that creature alone. He's here talking like a boss meanwhile women will be stepping all over him in real life.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by maternal: 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
ephee:

maternal u ar an example of a scrap. u ar of shallow thoughts. who told u single mothers cant get a good responsible man to settle down.it is men like u that make a woman end up as a single mother besides u ar not God so dont judge people.

Statistics. How many African men do you know have married a woman with a child. Compare that with the amount you know who married one without. The odds are against single mothers for good reason. My friend just had a baby with a single mom and is about to marry her. Of course years ago before she was a single mother she paid him no mind. Either way he has brought shame to his family and most of his family members have disowned him. His mother said only her biological grandson can come to her house not the other man's child. Who wants a blended family, nasty. Even in the animal kingdom a male lion will kill the females lions cubs if they are not biological his. It's not normal or natural to a man.

My woman and child are well taken care off. She looked at my potential not my bank account or "swag". She has helped me get where i am in life. As a result I treat
her like a queen. Even if it doesn't work out in the future I will always take care of them till I die. Most of you chose a 419 with "swag", had their baby and now realize you can't raise or build a family with those people. Now you left or he left you and you feel ashamed and bitter you didn't choose the broke student who's now a successful engineer living a good life. You clowns get no pity from me. Continue looking for your mugu who'll inherit your situation. Captain save a baby mama. It will not be me in Jesus name. Next time listen to your parents not your friends when decided who to date.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by jbravado(m): 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
databoy247:
I have often been in hot conversations with other peeps, and most of them sound like it's a taboo to get married to a lady who has a child (maybe out of wedlock). It's usually cool when they as guys having one or two kids wants a lady to get married to them but when its the reverse, na war.

Wat's behind this mentality? And are single unmarried ladies who already have a child actually "bad" like the society paint the picture? Am not a traditionalist so i really dont discriminate but my peeps sometimes see me as someone who have "lost it" cos i dont see anything wrong with single ladies (with a kid). Your views pls....
try marrying a grandma instead...
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by maternal: 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
CharmO1:
my dear just leave that creature alone. He's here talking like a boss meanwhile women will be stepping all over him in real life.

LOL stepping over me. You can't even find a man who'll accept your lonely and desparate ass. We all know people step all over your ass in real life. Like your daddy father who used you to have sex then leave. Ewu

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Sagamite(m): 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
maternal:

Statistics. How many African men do you know have married a woman with a child. Compare that with the amount you know who married one without. The odds are against single mothers for good reason. My friend just had a baby with a single mom and is about to marry her. Of course years ago before she was a single mother she paid him no mind. Either way he has brought shame to his family and most of his family members have disowned him. His mother said only her biological grandson can come to her house not the other man's child. Who wants a blended family, nasty. Even in the animal kingdom a male lion will kill the females lions cubs if they are not biological his. It's not normal or natural to a man.

My woman and child are well taken care off. She looked at my potential not my bank account or "swag". She has helped me get where i am in life. As a result I treat
her like a queen. Even if it doesn't work out in the future I will always take care of them till I die. Most of you chose a 419 with "swag", had their baby and now realize you can't raise or build a family with those people. Now you left or he left you and you feel ashamed and bitter you didn't choose the broke student who's now a successful engineer living a good life. You clowns get no pity from me. Continue looking for your mugu who'll inherit your situation. Captain save a baby mama. It will not be me in Jesus name. Next time listen to your parents not your friends when decided who to date.

She obviously did not look at your brain and definitely did not see having one as a requirement to procreate with.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ademi87(m): 8:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
Baba tested okay aye...she no fit dey baren oo...but dats my 1st tot. So nw my 2nd tot, hw I go present am to my mom? Shey na me go stil dey spend my money on d child ni? I ll rather adopt coz I wouldn't wnt to av any fuji house of comotion with d original father we he comes claiming his child
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
maternal:

u sound like a girl broke ur heart. u ar just a glorified bloke. am sure u ar cheating on ur wife. wit all ur ranting ,boys like u end up under a woman.

all d trash u av been typing are stories for d gods .
am sure u ar ugly.uuuurghh
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by OmoEziokwu: 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
maternal:

They're looking for foolish p-u-s-s-y whipped men to take on their burden grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by OmoEziokwu: 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
maternal:

Nobody wants to hear your story, just as you wouldn't hear a broke man's story if he asked for your hand in marriage before you had your child. Of course you would have laughed in his face and say no. It's funny how all these naija women who have a unrealistic list of what a man should be or have before they marry him become so humble now as single mothers. I'd rather die a honorable death than marry a single mother. Me raising another man's child? Over my dead body.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by OmoEziokwu: 9:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
maternal:

Go and sit down. And every broke man want to be poor ? Is it not circumstances as well ? But if a broke man approached any of these girls prior to them being single mothers they would laugh and insult them. Now they're in a unfavorable situation see how humble they are. They want the whole world to feel sympathy for them. Circumstances beyond control ? Close your legs, wear protection, and marry a man based on good moral/values oppose to his bank account. These women need to own up to the poor decision most made. Some are unavoidable I know. Like a widow.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
OmoEziokwu:

They're looking for foolish p-u-s-s-y whipped men to take on their burden grin

Children are not a burden.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
Sagamite:

She obviously did not look at your brain and definitely did not see having one as a requirement to procreate with.
hehehehe.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
U two single mums and this maternal guy sure have real life issues oo. One needs not meet u to know how embittered you all are on the inside. Imagine dragging on this debate with pointless arguments and insults to last a year, while everybody else had abandoned the damn thread. God help yall.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by khiaa(f): 10:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
maternal:

LOL stepping over me. You can't even find a man who'll accept your lonely and desparate ass. We all know people step all over your ass in real life. Like your daddy father who used you to have sex then leave. Ewu

What's with all this disrepect towards single moms. Do your baby mama know this is how you feel about her? You are hating on women who are in the same situation as your woman. I wonder do other people see her the way you see other baby mamas, and why haven't you married her since you are doing so well?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Sagamite(m): 10:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
CharmO1:
Wow! Many comments, mostly negative. I'm a single mother. I did the same thing many ladies have done and will always do: s3x. But I did what only a brave woman with a conscience would do, I kept my son. I laughed when I read some HELL NO's. Better a tokunbo. Car than a car that was wrecked in an accident and then panel-beat, repainted, and repackaged as new. I haven't had issues with men looking down on me because I'm independent and I don't even allow a man I'm dating meet my son. I don't want my son seeing different men in my life. It's only that lucky man that would have the priviledge of meeting him though adopting him is out of the question cos my family won't let him out of their sight. Fertility is not guaranteed because a woman has given birth but there's a higher chance of fertility and if there are no kids after marriage, then na the man get problem be that. As someone rightly said, it takes a mature mind and a good heart to be with a single mother because honestly we hardly trust because we've been hurt deeply before. I haven't met any promiscuous single mother. Strangely, most single mothers can close legs tight because of fear of being used and dumped. My advice to single mothers, don't be desperate, rely on God's time. It will happen for you too. And also be financially independent so no man calls you a gold-digger. And no matter what love your child/children because a man can break your heart and abandon you but your kid(s) are yours forever.

Then you have not been to Brixton, Harlesden, Hackney and Fisk University that much then.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by OmoEziokwu: 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Children are not a burden.

Well they are a burden if I didn't take part in making them. Why should any man feel responsible for another man's child? This is just one of the shaming tactics women use on men who refuse to raise other men's children, where they are called immature and undependable. Why are men always shamed when they eventually have options? Look, in life everyone has to bear personal responsibility for their actions. Most of these single mothers would never have given lurking young single men who are slowly but surely building, any chance. No matter how much you counsel, many young females will still give in to their base instincts and have gina tingles for chavs. Would you then expect a developed man who has spent his years learning or advancing himself to settle for trash? I reckon you know how much it takes to attain refinement.

It is always good for one to sit down and ask oneself if one is making the right decisions and choices at any given point in time, because when physical contact is made between faeces and the wind-producing oscillating device normally found in rooms, we are all left to bear the consequences of our actions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
OmoEziokwu:

Well they are a burden if I didn't take part in making them. Why should any man feel responsible for another man's child? This is just one of the shaming tactics women use on men who refuse to raise other men's children, where they are called immature and undependable. Why are men always shamed when they eventually have options? Look, in life everyone has to bear personal responsibility for their actions. Most of these single mothers would never have given lurking young single men who are slowly but surely building, any chance. No matter how much you counsel, many young females will still give in to their base instincts and have gina tingles for chavs. Would you then expect a developed man who has spent his years learning or advancing himself to settle for trash? I reckon you know how much it takes to attain refinement.

It is always good for one to sit down and ask oneself if one is making the right decisions and choices at any given point in time, because when physical contact is made between faeces and the wind-producing oscillating device normally found in rooms, we are all left to bear the consequences of our actions.

I have no problem with your choices. If you cannot imagine being with a single mother and accept her child, fine!
Why do you have a problem with men who make the choice to accept the child that is not biologically theirs?
Why the name calling?
Why insult these men and the children?

You want to have a choice, leave others theirs.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by OmoEziokwu: 10:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have no problem with your choices. If you cannot imagine being with a single mother and accept her child, fine!
Why do you have a problem with men who make the choice to accept the child that is not biologically theirs?
Why the name calling?

Lol...the feminine imperative always finds a way. Don't worry, there will always be men to serve that essence.

I think it would be better if people learnt how to own up to the repercussions of their actions and own up to it. rather than seeking palliatives. That is true remorse. Growth is assured, and even if she is ready again for relationships with men, she would be in the best frame of mind to make decisions in her future. Any other way would make her end up as a jaundiced and resentful thing no one wants to deal with. The world owes no one anything.

As you make your bed...
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by okotv(m): 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Why the name calling?

thank you....

I definitely can but it must be divinely inspired

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Couple Marries After 17 Years Of Dating / Five Funny Styles Nigerian Guys Use To Toast A Woman(find Yours) / I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.