Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,905 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? (53200 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why / Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 02, 2014
I can, if the child's mother isn't alive.

If she's alive, it complicates everything. I just don't think I can handle what it entails, too much drama.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ElekeNtioba: 5:46am On Oct 02, 2014
Depends on d amt of love i have for her. No problem really if d child is female. Bt if d kid is male, den certain issues will have to be resolved first.....u really wont want to be in the middle of a tussle for the male child.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by kobonaire(m): 5:47am On Oct 02, 2014
hmmm, there a lot of challenges ... as the kid may (naturally) not accept me as a father ... that said, if I really love the lady, I will surely marry her and try my best to raise the kid as my own and be the best dad I can be ... after all the child(ren) is innocent in this situation.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 02, 2014
neva..I will be thinking a big child pass tru her puss* so wetin my own pppp wan do wey wan satisfy her ? I want a girl that even a finger can turn her ON,I want it tight

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Sunnycliff(m): 5:48am On Oct 02, 2014
No!! Whether She has aborted before I no send! My nightmare will b d future of d child not mine
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by khalidola11: 5:51am On Oct 02, 2014
yea, I can marry.... there may be a good reason behind d baby.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by tollytexy(m): 5:51am On Oct 02, 2014
Is there anything wrong in dating after one Having a child means she's cursed?? This Post funny sef!!!

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by singletee(m): 5:53am On Oct 02, 2014
If am in love wid her.. Bt e go hard small. Also if d she has neva been married .y not

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Elnino4ladies: 5:53am On Oct 02, 2014
Hell no!..i want to marry a virgin.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Henrypraise: 5:55am On Oct 02, 2014
No, I can't.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by nwaobitex: 5:56am On Oct 02, 2014
no!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by englishmart(m): 5:56am On Oct 02, 2014
Let love decide.

But since I'm a virgin tongue
I need a virgin too to compliment my efforts/virginity.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 02, 2014
never never
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Exponental(m): 6:01am On Oct 02, 2014
It depends on circumstances surrounding d child, her type of person presently n d type of past she must have lived.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by yaqub07: 6:04am On Oct 02, 2014
To make a mistake is not a mistake but!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by bist: 6:04am On Oct 02, 2014
It depends, on the condition that her folks wud slash her dowry by 95%, cos na tokunbo she don turn so!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by odepacy: 6:05am On Oct 02, 2014
Yes I can, even am into relationship wit my sweetheart whose already has a son

7 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:07am On Oct 02, 2014
HELL NO!!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by kinglee007(m): 6:07am On Oct 02, 2014
Like someone said, its all about maturity and genuine love. People still make wrong choices today but try to patch the relationship with Love and maturity. I'm presently dating one and even though she is puzzled about my care for her (because like most of them, she believes she's a cast away), I still manage to stick to her and make her understand that she is not stigmatized but blessed by having me and her child. For me, its never a turn off.

17 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Sunkyphil(m): 6:12am On Oct 02, 2014
y not
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:12am On Oct 02, 2014
AdeniyiA: At least it shows her fertility, how do you explain a lady who had had several unprotected intimacy not having a baby, it's either she's done abortions or she's infertile, either way what's d assurance she'd be able to conceive when married /
Oga, I Know Some1 Who Got Married To A Single Mother And Till Date, They Gat No Issue. Na Only God Dey Give Pikin. Fertility Ke? Manurity Ni?

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by odepacy: 6:12am On Oct 02, 2014
OliverPin: NO I cannot.
[size=8pt][/size]luk at d way u sound no I cn nt, bt u cn marry a lady who has drop evry single of her into toilet, tel me single mom and empty CAN is one is better?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 02, 2014
Jarchi:
No No No Yes,my yes is of 25percent xcept on reasonable ground,but why can't they marry the fada's child is still my question

Their child's father doesn't want them. Many single dads dont even have the means to wed them, let alone nurture their own child.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by MadCow1: 6:14am On Oct 02, 2014
[b]Yes I can...

But wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It requires a whole nother level of maturity of mind and mental strength.. You have to deal with certain emotional dramas that can really fhuck up the feeble minded and put untold strain on the relationship.. You have to try to raise another man's kid like they were yours. You have to deal with her/his past that keeps looking at you in the face daily. Let's not talk about the step parent drama that most step kids bring with them. Also when you now have your own kids, the battle line of fairness and equality is drawn and everytime you accidentally fhuck up by treating yours differently to theirs, the fall out is big. Infact you are almost always required to treat your step kids better than you would treat yours as they are technically the victims in your relationship. If the spouse with the kid isn't also mentally mature, they tend to create even more problems than the kids. In some cases, they start hoarding their assets and stashing them for their own kid for inheritance purposes. Every disciplinary action to take towards the other person's kid is seen as exaggerated and excessive. You most times end up emotionally messed up cos having to deal with that drama does tend to take its toll on you eventually.

In my opinion, I would highly discourage it.

Simply put, marrying a single parent is not for the emotionally weak.. But I believe I can handle that.

Thanks.[/b]

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by esere826: 6:18am On Oct 02, 2014
databoy247: I have often been in hot conversations with other peeps, and most of them sound like it's a taboo to get married to a lady who has a child (maybe out of wedlock). It's usually cool when they as guys having one or two kids wants a lady to get married to them but when its the reverse, na war.

Wat's behind this mentality? And are single unmarried ladies who already have a child actually "bad" like the society paint the picture? Am not a traditionalist so i really dont discriminate but my peeps sometimes see me as someone who have "lost it" cos i dont see anything wrong with single ladies (with a kid). Your views pls....

nothing wrong with it
afterall, we all screw
but in Nigeria, I have noticed only two types of men that more easily marry women with kids:
1) The poor
2) The rich
You can add a third class
3) Men who were previously married or presently married -they are mostly the rich men

Middle class folks tend to avoid it.

Its a Nigerian mentality thing, not that the women are bad. In fact, she might be sexually safer than the other women.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 02, 2014
for those of u saying yes,my first question for u is
1,how would u feel when d real father appear to take his child(maybe after d child's graduatn or when its time for his or her wedding)
2,will u allow her to visit that child father? dont u think d man may attempt to phuck her again and do u think ur wife can resist it?

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by free2ryhme: 6:21am On Oct 02, 2014
If all keeping specifying the kind of single mother they want to marry with specific qualities and xter my question remains if you eventually find the woman with all these why can't she with all the right qualities and xter maintain her current marriage with her child's father? Except her husband is late which is an exception.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by lolaxavier(m): 6:21am On Oct 02, 2014

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by TeamSimple(m): 6:23am On Oct 02, 2014
I can not marry a mother who has a child but I can marry a child who has a mother..won't suffer for another mans effort and her mistake..There are lotsa single ladies outdere.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by TeamSimple(m): 6:23am On Oct 02, 2014
I can't marry a mother who has a child but I can marry a child who has a mother..won't suffer for another mans effort and her mistake..There are lotsa single ladies outdere.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by MadCow1: 6:24am On Oct 02, 2014
yemaldo: for those of u saying yes,my first question for u is
1,how would u feel when d real father appear to take his child(maybe after d child's graduatn or when its time for his or her wedding)
2,will u allow her to visit that child father? dont u think d man may attempt to phuck her again and do u think ur wife can resist it?

Utter rubbish.. No offence.

Your concerns are the least of the issues associated with marrying a single parent.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by cliffm43: 6:25am On Oct 02, 2014
i will marry a single mother,because she is tasted and trusted...you can trust that she can give you a child also,but single ladies?NO,unless she become pregnant for me,because they have killed many children through abortion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

She Told Me She Was Engaged, Now She Wants Me To Marry Her / Couple Marries After 17 Years Of Dating / Five Funny Styles Nigerian Guys Use To Toast A Woman(find Yours)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.