Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? (53268 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why / Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Rick9(m): 5:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
I no try am Oh E Get Why
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by bengoodcreature: 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
No, except God in4md me
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by cutiesoglam(f): 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hishuula: neva..I will be thinking a big child pass tru her puss* so wetin my own pppp wan do wey wan satisfy her ? I want a girl that even a finger can turn her ON,I want it tight
Som babes who neva born sef .der psss* don spoil.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Safari29: 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
alexandakin: I can't, just came out of a relationship with one, It was hell! Like aren't u gonna send somfin 2 my child? I don't hv money 2 keep myself and my child. Its a jerk! Totally NO!!!

thank ur God u made it. guys dating single mother with marriage prospect is hell if u are still young. especially if she's broke. she'll suck u dry
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by stjsd(m): 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
Kash007: I have followed your comments with keen interest and I must you have a sound mind.
eya! thanks o. na God and white hair :-)
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Sweetlemon(f): 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
So many immature replies here.

Then again, this is NL romance section..........
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by 1stola: 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
princetunex: Yes I can

If it's my baby.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by pseudonomer: 6:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
Sweetlemon: So many immature replies here.

when has deciding not to marry "after one" = Immaturity?

smh

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by afreekah: 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
badesco: I am into it and my advise is that, dont do it. As for my own situation, i never knew at the beginning and when i later discovered, it was already too late

can you please share your experience !! At least i would to read from someone like you, am afraid, but i'm about to step into the game.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by cutiesoglam(f): 7:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=rozzay]
My dear you took the words right out of my mouth, some pips are screaming hell no, cos dey haven't even reached d age of courting talk more of marriage so dey should save it till dey get there, I bliv who wears d shoe shuld know were it pinches him, to me I bliv its the situation, maybe he or she is divorced with kids b4, in dis case deres nofin wrong if u both reach an agreement I've seen people do it, in nigeria I don't want to mention d tribe dey do it a lot even with 2 -3 kids and dey r happy so why r we making a mountain out f nothing.
If the male or female had d child out f wedlock I still see nofin wrong, cos even without kids broken home is bound to happen if it will. Well am a PROUD single mum, had my son as a teen, am stil young and will get married anytime soon, I've neva had any issues wit any guy cos f my son, mayb because I know how to package myself nd I know my priorities nd wat am supposed to do in a rel, I know wen to show d guy love nd wen to give it to my son,I don't carry any stigma on my head cos I don't luk @ maself as a cast away cos am way more sexier dan those without kids and I don't lie abt my status(men like those who tell d truth) I also don't carry all his responsibility on anyone, nd no one has wanted to run from me cos of my son, so I say it depends on d persons involved, wen u r in it u can have a smooth relationship like me. Thank u
Pls don't quote me cos I will not reply u[/quote
] U r so on point!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Boomerangoflife(m): 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
[color=#550000][/color]

Marrying a single mother is just like marrying any other girl; the only difference is u have seen possibly one of the result of a single mothers' past while the "brand new" u thought u married might have cruise town more than ur forbidden single mother,..

And to respond to one of the commentators who suggest the biological father might come and take the child at anytime. My question for u is; Can u adopt a child at all? Can u give to the needy at all? Can u pay sch fees and provide food for an orphan? Can u pay for the treatment of an unknown person? If u can do all these u won't fear the coming of the child biological Father.

Another fellow said, she might later go back to the father of her child, that's very reasonable but don't other girls leave a 7yrs relationship and marry a man they knew within months, some go back to the guy that dis-flowered them.

Having said these, single mother has one thing u can't buy and that is Experience.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
jmoore: Yes, I can marry her if she is still a virgin.
yes of course, she's a secondary virgin
grin ...badtguy cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
Seriously its no big deal if u prepare your mind for it. Maturity also matters alot.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by smudge2079(m): 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
Jamean: Before you quote the Bible to butress your point, Virgin Mary is the only woman on earth impregnanted by the holyspirit. Hence, man was not involved.

Conceiving without a known father now, still requires an unknown father, through the services of a sperm bank.

So, where are the men that made these women single mothers? FOR EVERY SINGLE MOTHER THERE IS A SINGLE FATHER. It takes two to tango.

been a while. been gone too long, true or false, right or wrong grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by sweetysexy: 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
Am a single Mother and getting married in few weeks With my finace and he loves everything about me, so no Discrimnating or painting black cool

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Sammyblaq(m): 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
Titiluvly:

Lolllzzz grin Obi adiro Mu nma Nwanne...grin
but i dont see anytyn bad in it. #mytake
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by tlops(m): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
ideology:

Really love your response pals, now I know lots of folks do understand what love is. cool

Love says i choose this is who I wanna spend the rest of my life with.
Maturity also has a role to play.

But Generally it depends, if the child was out of wedlock it would be a little bit challenging, but Love covers all things.

I'll definitely marry her kiss if she fits my dream wife

The problem is not marrying her but also accepting the child.

I don't see anything wrong in it, though I will prefer it otherwise.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Boomerangoflife(m): 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hishuula: neva..I will be thinking a big child pass tru her puss* so wetin my own pppp wan do wey wan satisfy her ? I want a girl that even a finger can turn her ON,I want it tight

Am afraid to tell u that ur sex education is too low,.. Some single mothers are tighter than ur so called "brand new" and maybe u don't even know there are drugs used in tighten the va**na. Wrongs girls use such to freak guys like u.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ideology(m): 8:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
tlops:

The problem is not marrying her but also accepting the child.

I don't see anything wrong in it, though I will prefer it otherwise.

If you love her, you will accept the child and love her children.

if they are kids better, you could instill in them, values according to your gospel.

The truth is there is nothing love cannot not win.
Show the kids liquid love

You will be surprised at the outcome.
Thanks wink
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
sweetysexy: Am a single Mother and getting married in few weeks With my finace and he loves everything about me, so no Discrimnating or painting black cool

Pictures or........
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by gymer(m): 8:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
Why should I go for 2nd hand or Tokunbo when I can get tear rubber grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
sugaarbear: yeah i can marry her if her kid is between the ages one to two
why not older? cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by F117A: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
Marry a single mother?
Hell no.
Not worth the stress at all.
I have my whole life ahead of me,marrying a single woman is like jumping into an abyss.
To the men brave enough to ;well, beauty they say is in the eye of the beer-holder.
I wish you guys all the luck in the world,cos you will need all of it.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by maternal: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
CharmO1: Wow! Many comments, mostly negative. I'm a single mother. I did the same thing many ladies have done and will always do: s3x. But I did what only a brave woman with a conscience would do, I kept my son. I laughed when I read some HELL NO's. Better a tokunbo. Car than a car that was wrecked in an accident and then panel-beat, repainted, and repackaged as new. I haven't had issues with men looking down on me because I'm independent and I don't even allow a man I'm dating meet my son. I don't want my son seeing different men in my life. It's only that lucky man that would have the priviledge of meeting him though adopting him is out of the question cos my family won't let him out of their sight. Fertility is not guaranteed because a woman has given birth but there's a higher chance of fertility and if there are no kids after marriage, then na the man get problem be that. As someone rightly said, it takes a mature mind and a good heart to be with a single mother because honestly we hardly trust because we've been hurt deeply before. I haven't met any promiscuous single mother. Strangely, most single mothers can close legs tight because of fear of being used and dumped. My advice to single mothers, don't be desperate, rely on God's time. It will happen for you too. And also be financially independent so no man calls you a gold-digger. And no matter what love your child/children because a man can break your heart and abandon you but your kid(s) are yours forever.

Nobody wants to hear your story, just as you wouldn't hear a broke man's story if he asked for your hand in marriage before you had your child. Of course you would have laughed in his face and say no. It's funny how all these naija women who have a unrealistic list of what a man should be or have before they marry him become so humble now as single mothers. I'd rather die a honorable death than marry a single mother. Me raising another man's child? Over my dead body.

8 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
Sweetlemon: So many immature replies here.

grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
maternal:

Nobody wants to hear your story, just as you wouldn't hear a broke man's story if he asked for your hand in marriage before you had your child. Of course you would have laughed in his face and say no. It's funny how all these naija women who have a unrealistic list of what a man should be or have before they marry him become so humble now as single mothers. I'd rather die a honorable death than marry a single mother. Me raising another man's child? Over my dead body.
Eya! Too bad. Your opinion is your own entirely. Good luck with life.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by maternal: 9:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nwa4Jesus: I am a single mother of one. From d story behide it, my baby father wants me to abort d baby n I refused so he back off n I face d chanellages blc I val not to abort my baby. So tell me am I bad? Its not that I don't have d money for d abort or my mates are nt doing it but I promised God that I will never abort if I take in my relationship. Be wise when concluding issues that u don't know blc d ones without baby does nt means the are virgil Mary.

So you were having casual sex and not using all the protection out there which a woman can use. You obviously never discussed having a child with him. You fell pregnant and he didn't want the child which makes sense because it was never discussed. Now you're looking for captain save a baby mama to come and save you ? Inherit that man's child and train him or her while the father is alive and well breathing. I find that insulting

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by fluffyz(f): 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
Safari29:
seems u had a bad experience.My hubby married me even with my love child and he keeps telling who cares to listen dat am d best woman he has ever dated dats why he married me.he is my top priority .so pls change dat mentality

my friend think about it. Again think deep about it. It is difficult. It is not meant for a young guy. Am talking from experience. U are going to be third on her priority list. U are definately going to marry her with her kid. her kid must like you. You are going to make her happy almost every time because if u don't u ll be resented. if she is smarter than you pls forget it. most of them are pathetic because of their past and dont have a heart. If she is supportive and u know genuinely that she loves u (not just I love u I love you too)then I wish u the best. I know you have butterfly in ur tommy now wait till you guys are in bad terms. then u know if she really loves u or not
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
IdomaLikita:

Who is beyond Mistakes?
so pregnancy is a mistake.! except when a girl is ra..pe. most girls spread their legs and u want to call it mistake.? no they know the implication of spreading legs

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
U
MadCow1: Observations of a Mad Cow.. Why are most of the responses on this thread so far gender bias towards the women? The title didn't specify single mothers, it said "someone who has a child".. Even the female respondents are ignoring the single fathers and focusing on single mothers like they are lesbians. grin

I guess the trend of the responses speaks a great deal about our overall mentality as a people towards single parents which is;

Single Father = acceptable..
Single Mothers = taboo..

Just an observation.. But it's none of my business..

Nice one son...my fiancee is a single mother of two girls aged 8 and 6 and I don't see anything wrong with her.She is also actually a very sweet and caring person.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Safari29: 10:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=fluffyz][/quote]
you are def one in a thousand lol and ur husband can't be a young guy that isjust starting his life. I didn't say all single mothers are bad we have good ones too. infact most of them are very matured in decision making understand and manage life better. But when it comes to bad times they are not loyal. They are selfish. ofc I had a bad relationship with one which ended badly recently and I regretted ever meeting her. despite my effort in making her and her kid happy always I was never appreciated which pained me in the ass. she is really pretty and everything has always bn about her. I have to accept the fact that she used me just to raise her self and kid to some conformable position and dumped me when she found someone she actually like. What about my own happiness after all I did

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Bridesmaids Cry For The Groom And Bride On Their Wedding Day (Photos) / Wedding Photo Of A Couple Kissing As Boy Looks / Faithfulness Kennedy: "I Need A Man Who Can Make Me Go Gaga In Bed"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.