Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola (50404 Views)

US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola / US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola / Medical Experts And Volunteers Against Ebola. Let's Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by adepiero: 10:33am On Oct 02, 2014
Now that Ebola is on US soil, let's see if the ZMAPP drug will be available or not. mofos

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by wizzyblast(m): 10:34am On Oct 02, 2014
sexzskil: FUNNY HOW NARCISSISM IS ATTACHED TO BLACK MEN LIKE A LEECH, LITTLE WONDER THEY WILL REMAIN SLAVES FOREVER! FOR UR INFORMATION, THE DOCTORS WHO WERE DEPLOYED INTO GUINEA, R.CONGO AND LIBERIA CONTRACTED THE VIRUS AND WERE RAPIDLY FLOWN BACK TO THE USA, WITHIN 3 DAYS THEY WERE TREATED.

WHEN THE REST OF THE DEVELOPED WORLD WERE STOPPING FLIGHTS FROM EBOLA PRONED THIRD WORLD ZONES NOT TO ENTER THEIR COUNTRIES, THE US NEVER RESTRICTED BUT INSTEAD ONLY SCREENED PEOPLE BEFORE ENTERING THE UNPRECEDENTED NATION. SO FAR, ACCORDING TO REPORTS, BOTH THE EBOLA PATIENT AND THE NURSE IN CHARGE WILL SOON BE FINE COS THE UNITED STATES HAS THE BEST HEALTH ORGANISATION ON HEALTH . SO WHY ARE THEY STILL COMING TO SENEGAL AND NIGERIA TO LEARN HOW THEY MANAGED TO CONTAIN THE DISEASE? IT IS THEIR DRIVE FOR FURTHER EDUCATION NO MATTER HOW PERFECT THEY ARE! SIMPLE AS ABC. THE WISE LEARN FROM SOME ACCIDENTAL ATOM OF KNOWLEDGE DISPLAYED BY FOOLS, BUT THE FOOLS THINK THEY ARE NOW SOMETHING.

WITHOUT AMERICA HELP IN THE FIRST PLACE, NIGERIA WOULDN'T HAVE CONTAIN THE SPREAD OF THE VIRUS.

MAY AMERICA RULE THE UNIVERSE FOR ETERNITY!

And you're supposedly educated... I'm not sure you're Nigerian... You're a traitor if you are.. #weAreNotF00ls

5 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Melinde: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2014
God of vengeance is fighting for Nigeria. Oh my God is machine

3 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by tohshine(m): 10:36am On Oct 02, 2014
only if they can pray

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by londoner: 10:36am On Oct 02, 2014
Hmmmm, the US coming to Nigeria to "learn" how Nigeria curbed ebola? The same way came to Nigeria to "rescue" some kidnapped girls?

They either need some guinea pigs for their own ebola drug, or they want to introduce a different strain, then offer their drug for a fee.

I honestly do not trust their intentions. The west does not care about diseases that don't effect them, unless they can make money from it.

We should look carefully, instead of getting our heads swollen, all because we believe that we now matter to the US.

5 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by proffemi: 10:39am On Oct 02, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe: Same US dat could not give Nigeria their ebola treatment or drugs? Same US blocking Nigeria Arms purchase to fight Boko Haram?
Dont let them in... There plan did not work, so now they want to carry out a study and perfect their plan to destroy Nigeria via Nigerians.

Sigh.
Wonder why so much hate and paranoia. So now you want us to "show" them, eh? Let me remind you that ebola is still hard at work in the sub-region, and may still (God forbid) visit Nigeria again. All this "mouth", when we benefited in no small measure from foreigners and Lady Luck to beat our first few cases. While you sit and idly type away, this same America is busy waging a war against ebola in Liberia, without which ebola would almost certainly wipe out a significant part of the west African population. I hope we will not be forced to eat crow sometime...

3 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 02, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe: Same US dat could not give Nigeria their ebola treatment or drugs? Same US blocking Nigeria Arms purchase to fight Boko Haram?

Dont let them in... There plan did not work, so now they want to carry out a study and perfect their plan to destroy Nigeria via Nigerians.

exactly, we shouldn't let them in, those animals called u.s.a ar vry wicked......
"wicked me i wicked u satan no go vex"

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by ceejayluv(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2014
londoner: Hmmmm, the US coming to Nigeria to "learn" how Nigeria curbed ebola? The same way came to Nigeria to "rescue" some kidnapped girls?

They either need some guinea pigs for their own ebola drug, or they want to introduce a different strain, the offer their drug for a fee.

I honestly do not trust their intentions. The west does not care about diseases that don't effect them, unless they can make momey from it.

We should look carefully, instead of getting our heads swollen, all because we believe that we now matter to the US.

Bullshit..... You can as well stop using the untrustworthy western-invented internet.

3 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by akoaki(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2014
If americans can set aside their pride and seek help from nigeria , i think nigerians should also seek help from america ( and maybe canada also) to help fight CORRUPTION which is deadlier than ebola virus disease. It is not too late for nigerians to cry out loud , especially for the sake of youths and children whose future appears to be in serious jeopardy. I hope i have not offended anyone.

3 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by godofwar666(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2014
grin
Suntemi:

Hope you're not saying that from the gaming part of you. Cos your moniker says alot.

baba you're so funny
kahanma:
That will only happen when we stop the 'am the majority thing' drop all tribal differences and think as one nation. Nigeria is blessed. I believe I can lead. Nigeria to its desired destination). So be ready to give me a chance when the time comes..
God bless us all.
Amen thanks baba
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by slap1(m): 10:46am On Oct 02, 2014
I don't trust USA... I wouldn't put it beyond them to reintroduce Ebola into Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Holuwarsweun(m): 10:46am On Oct 02, 2014
ebucha: Good news. You can never see good news like this on Aljazeera and CNN.
Let the Amerian dominated WHO build world's biggest health research centre in Nigeria or we tell them the solution is to bath with salt and hot water before 6AM.
yes oo dem lyk to bring bad news.make naija say dat wat dem use cure am(salt & water
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Timijo(m): 10:47am On Oct 02, 2014
I look forward to the day that they will send their security officers to Nigeria to learn how to curb insecurity and terrorism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by wisepluto(m): 10:47am On Oct 02, 2014
Nonybb: It is the work of GEJ and his team GEJ TILL 2019 OR HEAVEN WOULD FALL

Fella, where in the world are you from. I wonder how you can attribute the successful taming of this epidemic to jonathan or his government.
The Lagos state government apparently did everything needed to have been done.

If this epidemic had gotten into the northern part of this country first, trust me, we will be answering a worse name by now.

Let's for once try to give credit to whom its due: Lagos State government, Selfless medical practitioners and concerned citizens who had body contacts and survived.

Peace out!
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by DanielTos(m): 10:48am On Oct 02, 2014
UP NIGERIANS. NOW AMERICAN WE KNOW THAT NIGERIA IS NOT A COUNTRY TO DESPISE.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by lastpage: 10:48am On Oct 02, 2014
PointB: Finally, something mighty US can learn from Nigeria.

U.S is never foolish though..... and must never be underestimated! Trust me, they have an "Agenda" in making themselves look "begging", like this.

There is nothing they want to know.... that they cannot know through "hearing and reading on the internet or just asking over the phone".
The fact that they refused to help us with any "experimental drug" (which they used on their own citizen) when Dr. Aidadevo was in the throes of death and the Ebola pandemic seems to be on the up-swing,....only to now turn around to send "personnel" physically into the country....

Makes me wonder if they are not up to something else!
I HOPE THEY DO NOT RE-INTRODUCE IT BACK INTO OUR COUNTRY.... only to make us beg them for a cure again!
I JUST DONT TRUST THEM ON THIS "TROJAN HORSE" THEY ARE GIVING US.

Nigerians and our Govt needs to be on high alert!

Better still if we can ask them to ship their "observers" to where they are needed in Sierra leone or Guinea.... and speak to us by internet or on phone

5 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Richy4(m): 10:48am On Oct 02, 2014
I wish they won't allow them in.
Any ways for the sake of God

But this is the opportunity to regain our name
They should intentionally search them very well on arrival at the airport take their blood sample to the lab
Anything that will dehumanize them. Some thing that will make them feel is this Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Mbediogu(m): 10:50am On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=Chuksphil2go]Stunned by the entrance of the Ebola Virus Disease, EVD, into America, the United States’ Center for Disease Control and Prevention has despatched its personnel to study how Nigeria contained the killer disease.
HEALTH PERSONNEL IN PROTECTIVE KITS AT THE NATIONAL HOSPITAL IN ABUJA ON TUESDAY (12/8/14).
HEALTH PERSONNEL IN PROTECTIVE KITS AT THE NATIONAL HOSPITAL IN ABUJA ON TUESDAY
The US reported on Tuesday that it has discovered a case of EVD in Dallas, Texas, but its health officials said “the crisis is under control and the public has nothing to fear.”
A statement released by US CDC Director Tom Frieden said “it’s clear the nation needs a quick and thorough response to its first Ebola patient”
He said although Nigeria was not completely out of the woods, “their extensive response to a single case of Ebola shows that control is possible with rapid, focused interventions.” Apart from Nigeria, the US will also visit Senegal to study its model.
Frieden said “the best practices in Nigeria and Senegal suggest the U.S. should monitor all individuals who may have been exposed to Ebola and establish a dedicated management and response system.”
Senegal has had no new reported cases of Ebola since Sept. 18 while Nigeria has not reported new ones since August 31,
US health officials are expected in Nigeria which it claimed had the best practices in combating Ebola Virus disease which entered into Nigeria through Liberian born American citizen Mr. Patrick Sawyer whose index case was reported on July 20, 2014. Nigeria is expected to officially announce today that the remaining two potential Ebola patients will exit the 21-day observation period.
How Nigeria stopped the spread of Ebola
According to US CDC, “Nigeria’s first reported case of Ebola surfaced July 20, when Patrick Sawyer landed in Lagos from Liberia and exposed 72 other passengers to the virus. Nigeria’s Health officials quickly issued notifications and tracked everybody who may have been in contact with Sawyer.
“Nigeria also established an Ebola Incident Management Center to handle the potential outbreak and developed a staffing plan that executed a social mobilization strategy that reached more than 26,000 households of people living around the contacts of Ebola patients,”
The deadly virus has killed more than 3,000 people in Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia in the largest outbreak ever recorded.
How Senegal contained Ebola
Senegal confirmed its first Ebola case Aug. 29 after a man, travelling from Guinea on Aug. 14, took ill and showed symptoms of the disease. This prompted a quick response, including an experienced and trained staff that was prepared to contain the Ebola outbreak. The procedure led to the identification of 67 contacts who were placed under quarantine, monitored for 21 days and showed no symptoms of Ebola.
Panic in America
The man who imported Ebola into US was found to have travelled to Liberia without informing the authorities and did not disclose the nature of his ailment to the nurse that attended to him. Reports from Texas yesterday said that the Nurse who attended to the man has also taken ill for Ebola in Texas.
A spokesman for Texas Health Presbyterian said the patient had walked into a Dallas emergency room on September 26, without knowing that he contacted the deadly virus and left after he was treated. He then returned to the facility on September 28 where it was determined he likely had Ebola and was isolated. He tested positive Tuesday, health officials said.
Following the lapse on the part of the hospital officials, questions are being asked amid panic across the country. The CDC has thus advised that all medical facilities should ask for patients with symptoms consistent with Ebola for their travel history.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/us-sends-medical-experts-study-nigeria-tamed-ebola/#sthash.WoMBWfat.of2mY4iC.dpuf

Should we oblige them? Did they not deny us assistance with BH?
No matter how tall you may be, someday you will be in need of a ladder. Take that to Obama.
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Muzikluva(m): 10:50am On Oct 02, 2014
Funny... pls screen dem b4 dey enta oo xo dey wnt bring it in again.

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Holuwarsweun(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2014
Nonybb: It is the work of GEJ and his team GEJ TILL 2019 OR HEAVEN WOULD FALL
who told u i day pray say make him no enter 2015
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Kayraph(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2014
I believe that they want to come and find out how we beat the Ebola scourge

4 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by allanphash7(m): 10:52am On Oct 02, 2014
This should be given to them
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2014
sexzskil: FUNNY HOW NARCISSISM IS ATTACHED TO BLACK MEN LIKE A LEECH, LITTLE WONDER THEY WILL REMAIN SLAVES FOREVER! FOR UR INFORMATION, THE DOCTORS WHO WERE DEPLOYED INTO GUINEA, R.CONGO AND LIBERIA CONTRACTED THE VIRUS AND WERE RAPIDLY FLOWN BACK TO THE USA, WITHIN 3 DAYS THEY WERE TREATED.

WHEN THE REST OF THE DEVELOPED WORLD WERE STOPPING FLIGHTS FROM EBOLA PRONED THIRD WORLD ZONES NOT TO ENTER THEIR COUNTRIES, THE US NEVER RESTRICTED BUT INSTEAD ONLY SCREENED PEOPLE BEFORE ENTERING THE UNPRECEDENTED NATION. SO FAR, ACCORDING TO REPORTS, BOTH THE EBOLA PATIENT AND THE NURSE IN CHARGE WILL SOON BE FINE COS THE UNITED STATES HAS THE BEST HEALTH ORGANISATION ON HEALTH. SO WHY ARE THEY STILL COMING TO SENEGAL AND NIGERIA TO LEARN HOW THEY MANAGED TO CONTAIN THE DISEASE? IT IS THEIR DRIVE FOR FURTHER EDUCATION NO MATTER HOW PERFECT THEY ARE! SIMPLE AS ABC. THE WISE LEARN FROM SOME ACCIDENTAL ATOM OF KNOWLEDGE DISPLAYED BY FOOLS, BUT THE FOOLS THINK THEY ARE NOW SOMETHING.

WITHOUT AMERICA HELP IN THE FIRST PLACE, NIGERIA WOULDN'T HAVE CONTAIN THE SPREAD OF THE VIRUS.

MAY AMERICA RULE THE UNIVERSE FOR ETERNITY!
You this prostitut where is my half and half

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Billygee2u: 10:54am On Oct 02, 2014
farem: Without prejudice, the magic was/is a brain-child of the Lagos State Government. Fashola Team did the magic to the glory of Naija.
whosoever that did it is a Nigerian .the world knows no individual ,but Nigeria .
you people should desist from tribalism,Ethnicism,religious and party affiliation bigotry .

3 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by gentlesJ(m): 10:55am On Oct 02, 2014
I can tell if you care to listen,Nigeria's doctors are good at what they doing. don't forget that our doctor diagnosed correctly that Prof. Dora had cancer and USA doctors upturn it. We should be believe in ourselves and the world would one day come ask
ing for our help as USA has started.
a

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Acidosis(m): 10:56am On Oct 02, 2014
and again

Scum bag fashola will soon launch another "national" speech
grin grin
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Wisdytech(m): 10:59am On Oct 02, 2014
God pass them!!!
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by roufy235(m): 11:02am On Oct 02, 2014
time to learn. Where is their zmapp
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Dolemite(f): 11:03am On Oct 02, 2014
I never thought this day would come. Proud to be half Niger. grin grin

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by ahizih(m): 11:04am On Oct 02, 2014
Finally something good has come from Nazareth
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 02, 2014
The same God that push that Liberian American down when he landed Nigeria shall help America, I don't think this is an issue we should make jest of , Ebola is threatening Humanity as a whole, Guys be prudent abeg.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by emmasege: 11:06am On Oct 02, 2014
What say the twitter (ElRufai) and his Sahara supporters?, since to them, nothing good can ever come out of our Nazareth under GEJ.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Struggling With Low Sperm Count And Weak Erection / Couple Abandon Their Mentally Challenged Child In Hospital And Ran Away - Photo / Different Types Of People When They Fall Sick (images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.