Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola (50382 Views)

US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola / US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola / Medical Experts And Volunteers Against Ebola. Let's Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by 100Cents: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2014
Say what, Say what ?

Anything can happen.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Raxxye(m): 9:54am On Oct 02, 2014
I knew it! I am a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Sweetlemon(f): 9:54am On Oct 02, 2014
FGjobs: How we tamed Ebola...
1. Their Doctors should go on strike, so the disease will know its been neglected.

2. Their Government should fire almost all her Doctors, so the disease will know that they don't even send it.

3. Then build containment centers, if the disease know its been neglect and they don't send it, it will walk through the door...

Funny but true.

Fact is that, that doctors strike played a very major role in this ebola containment thing.

I do not want to imagine if Sawyer or any other ebola patients had been taken to LUTH or a general hospital.

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by nduchucks: 9:55am On Oct 02, 2014
Some of you people gloating about this topic are pathetic. Ebola potentially threatens the lives of millions of people majority of who may be pellow Aficans. The US has sent 3000 medical personnel to Liberia to help and study the characteristics of this virus and are now sending a handful of experts to study the containment of the disease in Nigeria. This issue is too serious to be gloating about.

Medical experts are being sent to Senegal, a country where the virus seems to have been contained as well.

Those of you who would like to attribute this Ebola containment to politicians are outright ignorant. The success was due to:

(1) Swift action of our top Doctors and more importantly,

(2) The result of an emergency command center financed in 2012 by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to fight polio. As soon as the outbreak began, it was turned into the Ebola Emergency Operations Center. Without that top notch facility turned into Ebola Emergency Operations center, the story would have been different.

(3)The US Center for Disease Control had 10 experts in Nigeria working on polio and H.I.V., who had already trained 100 local doctors in epidemiology; 40 of them were immediately reassigned to Ebola and oversaw the contact tracing.

Ignorance kills.

11 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by cococandy(f): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2014
Where are those conspiracy theorists who said US had the cure but wouldn't give to nigerians because they want all Africans dead.

If they had the almighty solution,why come to Nigeria to study more ways of curbing the disease?

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by agarawu23(m): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2014
but I thought they so much believe in there Zmapp drug, let them use it na
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Mutuwa(m): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2014
I thought they are the worlds best..well make sure they quarantine them too before the come and go with more dire consequences..

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by cococandy(f): 9:56am On Oct 02, 2014
Ignorance truly kills.
nduchucks: Some of you people gloating about this topic are pathetic. Ebola potentially threatens the lives of millions of people majority of who may be pellow Aficans. The US has sent 3000 medical personnel to Liberia to help and study the characteristics of this virus and are now sending a handful of experts to study the containment of the disease in Nigeria. This issue is too serious to be gloating about.

Medical experts are being sent to Senegal, a country where the virus seems to have been contained as well.

Those of you who would like to attribute this Ebola containment to politicians are outright ignorant. The success was due to:

(2) The result of an emergency command center financed in 2012 by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to fight polio. As soon as the outbreak began, it was turned into the Ebola Emergency Operations Center. Without that top notch facility turned into Ebola Emergency Operations center, the story would have been different.

(3)The US Center for Disease Control had 10 experts in Nigeria working on polio and H.I.V., who had already trained 100 local doctors in epidemiology; 40 of them were immediately reassigned to Ebola and oversaw the contact tracing.

Ignorance kills.

7 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Sweetlemon(f): 9:57am On Oct 02, 2014
And please those of you shouting Nano silver. Keep quiet abeg.

3 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 02, 2014
What happened to their Zzimapp

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Forwetinnah: 9:58am On Oct 02, 2014
Make dem no bring another deadly weaponized virus come here in the guise of coming to "learn" how we contain ebola o. I don't trust those people at all. Na now dem wan learn how to use pesticide? Rubbish

4 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Sweetlemon(f): 9:58am On Oct 02, 2014
nduchucks: Some of you people gloating about this topic are pathetic. Ebola potentially threatens the lives of millions of people majority of who may be pellow Aficans. The US has sent 3000 medical personnel to Liberia to help and study the characteristics of this virus and are now sending a handful of experts to study the containment of the disease in Nigeria. This issue is too serious to be gloating about.

Ignorance kills.

Very true.

5 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by NellyGhenghen(m): 9:58am On Oct 02, 2014
And you ll never see this in the news, but as soon as there is bad news from Africa, its on the headlines the next second ! how pathetic!!! White people, insecure fktards putting blacks down to feel better with themselves since 600BC angry

7 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by davo3286: 9:59am On Oct 02, 2014
ebucha: Good news. You can never see good news like this on Aljazeera and CNN.
Let the Amerian dominated WHO build world's biggest health research centre in Nigeria or we tell them the solution is to bath with salt and hot water before 6AM.

Hehehe.... grin grin
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by mployer(m): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2014
Nonybb: It is the work of GEJ and his team GEJ TILL 2019 OR HEAVEN WOULD FALL

Fashola did everything bro

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by hollandis(f): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2014
honeyad:

#storyforthegods# did u actually saw any dead victim or know anyone that contacted the disease? So why the negative thought ?

Back to the topic: its a good new but make them watch those people well o.. Make e no be say dem wan use style Style bring Ebola back to naija!

Every host have been traced to only airlines,what of the millions of people that take the road?
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by bennygreat1(m): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2014
God is behind OUR success.. Nigeria Authority should be vigilant on them.... I don't trust the Americans ONE bit,cos they might be planning a new strategy on how to bring in a new virus.

But God strong pass them...
Nigeria!!! Great People... Great Nation. Na God.

4 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Infoay: 10:01am On Oct 02, 2014
Congrats to Nigeria and Nigerians.
This should be a big humility lesson to us as a people.
USA is very wise nation and this thread should be a lifestyle
of every successful nation. This is wisdom on the part
of USA. Be humble enough to learn what you don't know.
Nigeria as a nation should also seek to learn how leadership
is working effectively in other countries and apply it to our
system.
Conclusively, besides congratulating Nigeria for the progress,
Nigeria must also be humble enough to continuously learn how
things work in other countries and make necessary applications.

God bless Nigeria!

13 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by ChukwuCantDie: 10:02am On Oct 02, 2014
The same USA that blocked our attempt to buy helicopters from Israel and refused to sell us any weapons to defeat Boko Haram? The same USA that wanted to sanction us for opposing the gays? The same USA that said Nigeria would be destroyed by 2015? The same USA that wouldnt give us a drug prototype aka Zmapp to fight Ebola?

We should make them pay 100 billion US Dollars for the privilege of learning from us in addition to a public apology from their half breed president.

6 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by mployer(m): 10:02am On Oct 02, 2014
Are we really safe here?

If this virus can get to the US, I fear for naija.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by obailala(m): 10:03am On Oct 02, 2014
I can't explain why I had a broad smile on my face while reading this report smiley

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Deepfreezer(m): 10:04am On Oct 02, 2014
if I talk now Nigerians in America who think they re safe over there will attack me.
fact remains we all shld be our brothers keeper. America failed in that aspect wen we kinda wanted their untested drug.
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by mabeni(m): 10:04am On Oct 02, 2014
I knew it. I said on twitter yesterday but nobody believed nor see reason to it. Rather, they kip insugar me. If na lie, check am....@myckbenny
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by okeyokeyjah(m): 10:04am On Oct 02, 2014
Ubama should hv cum by his self idiot
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by buoye1(m): 10:05am On Oct 02, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

Who knows wat new bio-weapon they want to test out this time on Ape Nation? U know some of them still tink blacks are monkeys... sad
thats d annoying part of it, some of dem abusing black like go bk 2 africa nd die of ebola..
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Suntemi(m): 10:05am On Oct 02, 2014
godofwar666: I knw in my heart that NIGERIA will Rule the World soon

Hope you're not saying that from the gaming part of you. Cos your moniker says alot.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by johnie: 10:06am On Oct 02, 2014
RaphaellaDD: That report is wrong. The Liberian man went to the hospital and said that he had been vomiting, he also specified that he just returned from Liberia . The nurse that attended to him gave him antibiotics and told him to go home. She didn't inform the head doctor or arrange for tests to be done.
Anyway, it's good that the US can come to Nigeria seeking help in 1 area at least. There's room for improvement after all.

I hope one hater of Nigeria (Africa) would not say the nurse must be a Nigerian (African)!
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Paentera(m): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2014
I see TAN making an advert out of this -

"America could not cure Ebola, Liberia could not cure Ebola, Sierra Leone could not cure Ebola, but Goodluck Ebola Jonathan cured Ebola." Those for you are more than those against you. Goodluck Jonathan is the man Nigeria needs to keep curing all our maladies including Goodluck Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 02, 2014
Be careful with america, they already have a drug for Ebola and have used it to treat some of their people.

Do not share vital information with them, they are out to destroy nigeria

3 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by egopersonified(f): 10:09am On Oct 02, 2014
Madam Kanwulia, you don hear this news?
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by darlingnuel(m): 10:09am On Oct 02, 2014
Can anything good come out of Nigeria, apart from 'mistakenly' tackling a possible epidemic? grin lipsrsealed undecided
#JokeOfTheDay
#JustBeingSilly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nano Silver Can Cure Ebola – Manufacturer / Couple Abandon Their Mentally Challenged Child In Hospital And Ran Away - Photo / Ugochukwu Okpani Allegedly Committed Suicide By Ijeoma Chinonyerem (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.