Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,817 members, 7,956,083 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:09 AM

US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola (50652 Views)

US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola / US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola / Medical Experts And Volunteers Against Ebola. Let's Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by djeezy(m): 11:43am On Oct 02, 2014
PointB: Finally, something mighty US can learn from Nigeria.
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by dagr8(m): 11:44am On Oct 02, 2014
UjSizzle: If I wasn't so concerned about the lives that could be lost in the United States, I'd allow myself laugh at this grin
grin
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 02, 2014
xp17: so, you joined these fools sinking in ignorance? it's a shame on how fools have made smart folks look stupid in Nigeria. the same Nigeria that the fatality to the survival ratio was very abysmal ? meanwhile, the US has had 100% containment @ the emry hospital, Georgia. you think Nigeria really deserves an accolade for this? what about the 3000 military personnel sent to Liberia to also study on Ebola? so na Liberia wan teach them too?

teach a wise man , he ll be wiser

shut up fool. why send millitary? why not doctors?

3000 soldiers without ebola training to curb the situation with guns?

you nor get sense?

5 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 02, 2014
colly227: They are coming to spread this disease further or I feel they've modified this deadly virus to spread quicker in Nigeria. The moment they leave I have a feeling bad things will happen.
gbam!!!!my thoughts exactly

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by londoner: 11:44am On Oct 02, 2014
ceejayluv:

Bullshit..... You can as well stop using the untrustworthy western-invented internet.

You obviously don't know some the history of American drug companies and using Nigerians as guinea pigs.

I'm not against western invented anything. I am questioning America's intentions here.

If there was an outbreak of ebola in the US, I could understand but there isn't.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2014
Yomieluv: Very funny,the once rejected stone,now the chief corner stone.

LMAO! We ain't chief nothing.
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by YourCrush: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2014
Pls, our government suld assist them wit a 40 feet container filled wit bitter kola and 10,000L of salty water. Yes b4 i 4get, they wil nid d oda 1 they called pesticide (i.e. Nano silver). Nw guyz picture where obama dey chew bitter kola.
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by piagetskinner(m): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2014
sexzskil: “Dr. David Brett-Mayor of the World
Health Organization saw and
conquered Ebola. He single handedly
started the Ebola isolation ward
having cleared and cleaned the room.
He admitted and cared for the patients
before any Nigerian doctor joined him''.

The above was a recent quote from Fashola. An American From WHO first showed the zeal of helping Nigeria conquered ebola before the useless Nigerian doctors gave in! Why give Nigerian government the glory that rightly belong to the gloriou United States? WITHOUT AMERICA, THE WORLD IS DOOMED TO ABSOLUTE EXTINCTION!

MAY AMERICA RULE OVER THE UNIVERSE AND GOD FOR ALL ETERNITY(AMEN)!!!
Who gives a sh1t about americaFYI, america can never nd will never rule over the universe...only God has that sole position..get that into ur jelly skull

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by repogirl(f): 11:46am On Oct 02, 2014
Na God save us, nothing else!...oh, and doctor Adadevoh, rest her soul, she did an awesome job!
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Octaves(m): 11:47am On Oct 02, 2014
I wonder why people hate USA so much. They didn't give us Zmapp. They explained the stock was small and couldn't go round. In Liberia, they are only used on infected health workers because of short supply. There is even no guarantee the drug will work on patients. It's a good thing they were humble enough to send health workers here to study how we contained the virus. But make no mistake. They have a more solid healthcare system. They can definitely handle it without our help even better than us. They can be domineering and shady at times but that's because we let them. If we use the resources of Naija to develop Naija well and if our leaders assert the position of Naija well on the global stage, USA will even come to learn more serious stuff in areas of Science and Technology. The problem is our leaders are more concerned about themselves. That's why we are buffeted about in the waves created by other nations. Btw, Kudos to Naija for this development

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by londoner: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2014
xp17: so, you joined these fools sinking in ignorance? it's a shame on how fools have made smart folks look stupid in Nigeria. the same Nigeria that the fatality to the survival ratio was very abysmal ? meanwhile, the US has had 100% containment @ the emry hospital, Georgia. you think Nigeria really deserves an accolade for this? what about the 3000 military personnel sent to Liberia to also study on Ebola? so na Liberia wan teach them too?

teach a wise man , he ll be wiser

So then ask yourself, if they too know how to gain 100% containment, what are they coming to Nigeria for?

3 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by aspirebig: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2014
I am waiting for when US and other world power will come to Nigeria to learn the following:
- how to fight bad governance
- how to fight corrupt politicians
- how to fix bad roads
- how to build good schools and get well stocked libraries with up to date books and technology, happy and well renumerated teachers, lecturers, strike free educational calendar.
- how to fix electricity and ensure all the country can celebrate steady power supply
- how to pay govt officials less and make political offices less lucrative, let only those who really want to SERVE, get the opportunity to serve not those who want to be served like our senate members, house members and legislators, councillors, LGA chairman, etc
- how to reduce cost of governance generally
- how to build good hospitals within the reach and affordabilty of the common man with modern equipment and facilities with a law that all public
office holders must not travel abroad for any medical check up, then equip the hospitals with latest technology and experienced and well renumerated Doctors , nurses and other medical personnels needed.
- how to remove and stop recycling the same old people in our system and also build checks to monitor public funds, grants from government, contract T and C.
- how to create job for the teeming youth in reality, not on the pages of newspapers...
- how to put people in position based on merit not by favourism, nepotism, tribalism or Godfatherism and Godmotherism.
- how to pay pensioners their money as at when due and not allowing our heroes past to suffer, queue under the sun in their late 70s and 80s in order to get their merited entitlements after serving their father's land for many years and some die in the process and their families never get to collect the entitlement .
- how to bulid houses at an affordable rate for the poor citizens, most houses schemes allocations,projects are hijacked by the rich people in the society and it never gets to the poor it was built for.....
- how to make our public office holders to start using the public transportation system like it is done in the western world.
- how to resign honourably in public office, if found guilty of corruption, misappropriation, stealing of public funds,certificate forging....
- how to give us the breakdown of our excess crude oil accounts, and how the excess billions of dollars disappeared...
-how to stop the bribery of the judiciary to alter the judgement of court cases and give pass a wrong judgement, where the innocent will go to jail and the culprit will be a free man walking in the street and go to the church for thanksgiving..

Abeg, wetin God go judge plenty oooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by 360command: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2014
Show me proof US teams arriving nigeria on advice on curtail of Ebola? This news by our newspaper na lie.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by repogirl(f): 11:53am On Oct 02, 2014
sexzskil: “Dr. David Brett-Mayor of the World
Health Organization saw and
conquered Ebola. He single handedly
started the Ebola isolation ward
having cleared and cleaned the room.
He admitted and cared for the patients
before any Nigerian doctor joined him''.

The above was a recent quote from Fashola. An American From WHO first showed the zeal of helping Nigeria conquered ebola before the useless Nigerian doctors gave in! Why give Nigerian government the glory that rightly belong to the gloriou United States? WITHOUT AMERICA, THE WORLD IS DOOMED TO ABSOLUTE EXTINCTION!

MAY AMERICA RULE OVER THE UNIVERSE AND GOD FOR ALL ETERNITY(AMEN)!!!
May America rule over God? Is that what u are saying? Pls learn how to use punctuation marks to convey your meaning.

Dr. Brett mayor only took care of the sick, he didn't stop the virus from spreading... In a city as populous as Lagos, it is a wonder and miracle that many more didn't get infected, even he made that statement!

thanks and glory be to God and then all health workers involved, if America are all that, why are they coming over here to learn how we combatted it?

American a'ss kisser!

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by mrlaw93(m): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2014
Nonybb: It is the work of GEJ and his team GEJ TILL 2019 OR HEAVEN WOULD FALL
only in ur father's house
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by xp17(m): 11:57am On Oct 02, 2014
donnypool:

shut up fool. why send millitary? why not doctors?

3000 soldiers without ebola training to curb the situation with guns?

you nor get sense?
you think the US military is as dumb as the Nigeria military? the US , unlike Nigeria, whose military is like a carpenter who has only a hammer in his tools box, hence every problem is a nail. they have medical team making researches and the zmapp was made in conjunction with the US military, incase you re dumb to that. the US uses its military to aid possible assistance in all areas. BTW, common sense should have told you that it's only the military that is readily available on a go mission for the government, abi if them call your papa make him go, him go gree go?

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Remii(m): 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
Kudos to BRF and Lagos medical team

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Baawaa(m): 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
godofwar666: I knw in my heart that NIGERIA will Rule the World soon
If we unite and fight corruption as we fight Ebola.Corruption is more deadly than Ebola.
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
US medical experts are coming to learn how to manage Ebola

Very soon, US security expert will come to Nigeria to learn how to fight terrorism.

Aluta COntinua, Victoria Aceta.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by azukagel: 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
We will be willing to help them without any hidden motives. proudly naija[/color][color=#990000] grin angry
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Pdizzle(m): 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
We all know its a big lie if USA says they have to learn before they contain EVD, i smell a big rat, they shouldn't let those expert enter the country.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigerians have been resistant to fatal diseases since 750 BC. Ask SARS, birdflu, ebola they are all dead witnesses
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
xp17: you think the US military is as dumb as the Nigeria military? the US , unlike Nigeria, whose military is like a carpenter who has only a hammer in his tools box, hence every problem is a nail. they have medical team making researches and the zmapp was made in conjunction with the US military, incase you re dumb to that. the US uses its military to aid possible assistance in all areas. BTW, common sense should have told you that it's only the military that is readily available on a go mission for the government, abi if them call your papa make him go, him go gree go?

my dad will do a better job. what mission are you talking about? the people need docs not soldiers. dumb head. what exactly will the military do? kill those that refuses to quarantine themselves? fool yourself sir

4 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Flexy2vybes(m): 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
If i ws at d aim of affairs US would jumb tru huddles b4 attendin 2 dem.

Dy tink dy hav it all....bt dy 4get no 1 is too rich dat he has ntin 2 reacieve n no 1 is 2 poor dat he has ntin 2 offer..

Naija 4 lyf..
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by lucianohase(m): 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
I hope they didn't come to spread the pathogenic strain of ebola virus that they have succeeded in making to undergo mutation thru biological processes, in the pretence of studying how Nigerian government contained the spread of the virus infection?? The reason am asking is because their microbiological scientists/ virologists while carrying out a research said it ebola could go aerobic..Readhttp://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-the-ebola-virus-will-go-airborne/&sa=U&ei=YSctVNb2LdOGyAS0zID4Cw&ved=0CBcQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNFo-Ifq9wpOnDYtj6A4qODb1py7eQ..... I'm still suspicious,at the same time surprised,why they came to study how nigerian gov prevented the spread....a whole US,with all their scientific and technical know how,I'm kinda jittery. Imagine people who deceptfuly declined giving out their Z fucking mapp now coming to................We r really allies indeed..........Oh yes!! We got no reasonable help from them except resonable bullshit speech !!! I suspect their visit....

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by fujirice: 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
mployer:
Are we really safe here?

If this virus can get to the US, I fear for naija.
Fear fear! Make sure say fear no kill you before your time cause it already claimed so many á là salt bathing and injesting
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by JuanDeDios: 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
ebucha: Good news. You can never see good news like this on Aljazeera and CNN.
Let the Amerian dominated WHO build world's biggest health research centre in Nigeria or we tell them the solution is to bath with salt and hot water before 6AM.
But Vanguard is not a reputable news source. Nowhere in the article does it quote anyone as saying he was sending observers to Nigeria. The US CDC already has people here and some of them were involved in the Ebola management. Anyway, there's nothing strange about collaboration in epidemiology. Chukwu said he followed WHO recommendations in managing the crisis. The WHO gathered its knowledge from working in other countries. That's how it's done.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
xp17: you think the US military is as dumb as the Nigeria military? the US , unlike Nigeria, whose military is like a carpenter who has only a hammer in his tools box, hence every problem is a nail. they have medical team making researches and the zmapp was made in conjunction with the US military, incase you re dumb to that. the US uses its military to aid possible assistance in all areas. BTW, common sense should have told you that it's only the military that is readily available on a go mission for the government, abi if them call your papa make him go, him go gree go?
so the US military are more medically trained than doctors. Smh.....now we are beginning to see those of u that wrote ur WAEC and GCE in special centres

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by OXCUBA: 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
NIGERIA SHOULD BAN FLIGHTS FROM U.S.A ........ BEFORE ANOTHER AMERICAN CITIZEN ..... WILL SPREAD EBOLA TO US AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by ceejayluv(m): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
londoner:

You obviously don't know some the history of American drug companies and using Nigerians as guinea pigs.

I'm not against western invented anything. I am questioning America's intentions here.

If there was an outbreak of ebola in the US, I could understand but there isn't.

But the US avoided using Nigerians as Guinea pigs in the zmapp saga but we still condemned them.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by duni04(m): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
Americans are just panicking for nothing. They'll just give the Liberian guy Zmapp and everyone will forget about ebola The danger here is that if they don't ban flights from Liberia, more people from Liberia will want to "escape" to the US to get cured. They should just heed trumps advice and ban all flights from west africa.
Plus Nigeria is just lucky to have gotten rid of the disease. The same Nigerian doctors that were scared to attend to patients are now coming out to thump their chests and claim ebola experts when almost all the work at the ebola centres in Rivers and Lagos was done by Americans with the WHO.
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Babaji111(m): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigerians are talented and prays a lot. Na Al-Mighty God save His beloved country. By and large, very few people eat bush meat...Thanks to my Hausa/Fulani people for supplying 'NAMA' to all nooks and crannies despite incessant harassment and killings. Our Goodluck , the media and medical team have done a lot. Good people! Good country! What draws us back is ONLY corruption and tribal sentiments. Oh my dear country!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Nigerian Air Force Produces Face-Masks And Medical Kits (Photos) / Nigerians Mark World Condom Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.