Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) (89442 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World / Nigeria’s Five Richest Pastors And How They Made Their Wealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
obailala:

Very thought provoking undecided

We have 5 of our pastors in the world's top 10 richest list
We have our political leaders also ranking as some of the richest in the world.
We have about the highest number of private jet owners in the world (Nigeria has more private jets than commercial aircrafts)

Yet we also have some of the poorest people in the world; our nation doesn't even rank amongst the first 100 rich nations?
you dont need the extra rich to take care of the poor ... you and I can do that . the bible made it clear , there will always be poor and rich amongst us .... but he made the rich rich so as to help the poor.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by clemzo101(m): 2:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
Beehshorp:
and the pope worths more than all of them
point of correction, pope doesn't own d money because d catholic church doesn't belong to him, it is not registered in anybody's name like we ve for most churches around where d pastor takes ownership of the church and all properties and biznesses.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Mention(m): 2:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
Imagine we have 5 representatives on this list...
Na for this kind thing you go see Nigerians..
Make a list for the Top 10 most philanthropic and Generous pastors in the world and you won't see a single Nigerian..
The church z suddenly a market place for buying and selling..
You need employment, they tell you to sow a seed of 30K to get the employment of ya choice.. Some would even tell you to have faith in the lord and empty your bank account...
Mtcheeeew!!!

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by 100Cents: 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
This thread will exceed 10 pages today.

Don't say you didn't see my prediction...

Bookmark me now !
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
san316:
Very enterprising pastors. But wait oo, are pastors supposed to be rich? What happens to giving up worldly life in order to attain the kingdom of heaven? Why can't they use their wealth to help their poor members? Nigerian pastors, growing fat on poor men's tithes since time Imo river.
being rich does not connote living a wordly life ... this is the african poverty mentality .... there are so many poor sinners and rich men who are righteous ... when I say righteous , I mean bible definition of righteous.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by nora544: 2:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
majekdom2:
tell me if everything they say is not written in the bible ... everything is backed up by scriptures ... you as an individual should understand its meaning and know when and when not to give ... period .

sorry they can twist the scripture very good.

We should give and tithing is for the jewish since when christians are jewish.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
Tbliss12:
Lolz oyedepo is making his millions,oyakhilome making millions,lindaikeji making millions,femi otedola making millions so who says Nigerians are poor all we need is make use of the ideas,concept and inspirations we have then millions will keep bumming up...... But those who rake it in fraudulent way God is watching them in 3D
simple , just make sure you hustle is legit ... with your hardwork it will pay you..... I wonder why naija brethen dey complain.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by 100Cents: 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
Efizzi:
Am not against pastors being rich through parishioners funds. All I advocate for is that these pastors should learn to give back to the society. (I don't mean the so called one percent they are giving I mean more) or is this line no longer in the bible "feed my Lambs feed my sheeps"?.

In the bible I was made to understand that shepherds take care of their sheeps but in Nigeria the sheeps are taking care of the shepherds while other sheeps are living in poverty. I remember when Jesus Christ shared five loaves of bread and two fishes equally amongst all that was present. Note that this food was donated by the rich and he ensured everyone (both rich and poor) ate and was satisfied.

Nigerian Pastors have the power to change this country not politicians...we all just need to Love the Lord God above all things. Thanks

That's why I like TB Joshua...
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Femistico(m): 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
xooo papa adeboye is nt on the list
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
ayusco85:

They are not even that rich since their worth is in million of dollars. Tot I will see billions undecided

Apparently you guys are not paying your Tithe enough..u are robbing god grin grin

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by clemz88(m): 2:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
Neldrizzy:

Sauce ?? Wich sauce, Yam sauce or egg sauce?? grin grin grin grin

#sorry!! Modified, the source is there now.. My battery went off Dats why it came late. cheesy
plantain sauce
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
mikeapollo:
Worldly riches?

What about ''the anointing''?
As far as I know TB Joshua has been outstanding in using is anointing to pray for people and helping the poor, the recent tragedy notwithstanding
prosperity comes under the anoiting ... .not everyone has got the gift to see visions or heal .. different men with different gifts.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by sucess001(m): 2:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
[size=24pt]Una forget Pastor Oritsejafo?

Person wey fit dash South Africa $9.5 million...

Abi na only official riches dem dey calculate?

But on a serious note, why do we have soo many Nigerians on the list in a country where the populace is predominantly poor?

#question for the gods#

[/size]
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Pabloairmar(m): 2:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
TunjiMsp:
Nigerians will always come first, since paying tithe here is a way Of purifying their stolen money grin
do not judge man.....are u God?
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by chmod777: 2:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
[size=20pt]FOOLISHNESS ABOUND IN THE WORLD. HOW IS THE WEALTH OF A PASTOR DETERMINED. WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE BODY OF CHRIST.

MY MOTHER ONCE TOLD ME " WHEN YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY, JUST SHOT YOUR MOUTH"

GROWING UP, I HAVE LEARNT THAT IDLE PEOPLE AND LITTLE MINDED MEN DISCUS OTHERS. KEEP DICUSSING MEN, AND RAPTURE WILL SOON TAKE PLACE. [/size]
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by obailala(m): 2:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
majekdom2:
you dont need the extra rich to take care of the poor ... you and I can do that . the bible made it clear , there will always be poor and rich amongst us .... but he made the rich rich so as to help the poor.
Is this by any means, an attempt at defending stupendously rich Pastors and their massive fortunes which they obviously made at the expense of the poor in the society?
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by nora544: 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
majekdom2:

It was during the Healing Revivals of the 1950s that prosperity theology first came to prominence in the United States, although commentators have linked the origins of its theology to the New Thought movement which began in the 1800s. The prosperity teaching later figured prominently in the Word of Faith movement and 1980s televangelism. In the 1990s and 2000s, it was adopted by influential leaders in the Charismatic Movement and promoted by Christian missionaries throughout the world, sometimes leading to the establishment of mega-churches. Prominent leaders in the development of prosperity theology include E. W. Kenyon, Oral Roberts, A. A. Allen, Robert Tilton, T. L. Osborn, Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, and Kenneth Hagin.

Churches in which the prosperity gospel is taught are often non-denominational and usually directed by a sole pastor or leader, although some have developed multi-church networks that bear similarities to denominations. Such churches typically set aside extended time to teach about giving and request donations from the congregation, encouraging positive speech and faith. Prosperity churches often teach about financial responsibility, though some journalists and academics have criticized their advice in this area as misleading.

Prosperity theology has been criticized as heresy by leaders in the Pentecostal and Charismatic movements, as well as other Christian denominations. These leaders maintain that it is irresponsible, promotes idolatry, and is contrary to scripture. Some critics have proposed that prosperity theology cultivates authoritarian organizations, with the leaders controlling the lives of the adherents. The doctrine has also become popular in South Korea; academics have attributed some of its success to its parallels with the traditional shamanistic culture. Prosperity theology has drawn followers from the American middle class and poor, and has been likened to the cargo cult phenomenon, traditional African religion, and black liberation theology.

While prosperity churches have a reputation for manipulating and alienating the poor,[21] many are involved in social programs. Underlying these programs is a theology of empowerment and human flourishing with the goal of releasing people from a "welfare" or "victim" mentality.[21] Many prosperity churches hold seminars on financial responsibility. Kate Bowler, an academic who studies prosperity theology, has criticized such seminars, arguing that though they contain some sound advice the seminars often emphasize the purchase of expensive possessions.[11] Hanna Rosin of The Atlantic argues that prosperity theology contributed to the housing bubble that caused the late-2000s financial crisis. She maintains that home ownership was heavily emphasized in prosperity churches, causing a reliance on divine financial intervention that led to unwise choices.[11]

In their book Health, Wealth and Happiness, theologians David Jones and Russell Woodbridge characterize the doctrine as poor theology.[61] They suggest that righteousness cannot be earned and that the Bible does not promise an easy life.[62] They argue that it is inconsistent with the gospel of Jesus and propose that the central message of the gospel should be Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.[62] Jones and Woodbridge see Jesus' importance as vital, criticizing the prosperity gospel for marginalizing him in favor of a focus on human need.[63] In another article, Jones criticizes the prosperity theology interpretation of the Abrahamic covenant, God's promise to bless Abraham's descendants, arguing that this blessing is spiritual and should already apply to all Christians. He also argues that the proponents of the doctrine misconstrue the atonement, criticizing their teaching that Jesus' death took away poverty as well as sin. He believes that this teaching is drawn from a misunderstanding of Jesus' life and criticizes John Avanzini's teaching that Jesus was wealthy as a misrepresentation,[64] noting that Paul often taught Christians to give up their material possessions. Although he accepts giving as "praiseworthy",[64] he questions the motives of prosperity theology and criticizes the "Law of Compensation",[64] which teaches that when Christians give generously, God will give back more in return. Rather, Jones cites Jesus' teaching to "give, hoping for nothing in return."[64] Jones and Woodbridge also note that Jesus instructed followers to focus on spiritual rewards, citing his command in Matthew 6:19–20 "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth ... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven" (KJV).[65] Jones criticizes the doctrine's view of faith: he does not believe that it should be used as a spiritual force for material gain but seen as selfless acceptance of God.[64]
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by datribune: 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
majekdom2:
you dont get the cycle , majority of these people giving are the ones ripping the poor . the pastors did not say you must give to them compulsorily ... did they ?

They don't hav to force people. What they do is to use their charm, charisma & flair to persuade d gullible by eloquently using convenient bible passages as tools of deception to make d gullible part wit their money in very subtle & stealthy ways.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by pdrefurb: 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
TunjiMsp:
Nigerians will always come first, since paying tithe here is a way Of purifying their stolen money grin
...lame who told Ɣ☺ΰ paying of tithe can purify a stolen moni?
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by piagetskinner(m): 2:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
I hope these preachers are still as focused as they once were, when they answered the call of God upon their lives,because al these tens of millions that I'm seeing..hmm...

I'm not saying being wealthy is wrong o...but when the needs of the members are not duly attended to,then what's the use of having this fluenty money??

there are thousands of missionaries scattered allover the world,who are being Exposed to all sorts of conditions,ranging from persecution,to terrible natural/climatic conditions to even financial constraints

#my question is how have they fostered the spread of the gospel, of our lord Jesus christ with their weALTH?

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
nora544:

sorry they can twist the scripture very good.

We should give and tithing is for the jewish since when christians are jewish.
where in the bible did you see tithing for jewsh ... go read malachi ... after all they dont force the money from your hands .... they were able to sell their ... its a great skill ... marketability . companies die to have individuals who can sell out .. it not an easy business sis ... jesus even said it , dont you know I have to go about my father's business.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by nora544: 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
majekdom2:
prosperity comes under the anoiting ... .not everyone has got the gift to see visions or heal .. different men with different gifts.

Please show me one person who got real healed because all is fraud and also this visions are a fraud.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by drfk001(m): 2:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
OP I don't know where you get all these bogus claims @am sure some Brazilian pastors are richer
www.forbes.com/sites/andersonantunes/2013/01/17/the-richest-pastors-in-brazil/
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by nora544: 2:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
majekdom2:
where in the bible did you see tithing for jewsh ... go read malachi ... after all they dont force the money from your hands .... they were able to sell their ... its a great skill ... marketability . companies die to have individuals who can sell out .. it not an easy business sis ... jesus even said it , dont you know I have to go about my father's business.

please read this and than you will understand

https://www.nairaland.com/1934119/tithe-fraud
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by obailala(m): 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
majekdom2:
the jets were bought for him , he didnt buy it himself .. thats why you see him lease it out so as to be able to pay for its maintanence ... his case is quite pathetic ..... it is foolishness to hold on to what you cant maintain .... the set of people who bought it for him are the same ones using it for poo ... you get the gist now .
But isn't it strange that 2 planes would be bought for one man as gifts and you really think the man doesn't actually have a huge fortune stashed somewhere?
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by san316(m): 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
majekdom2:
being rich does not connote living a wordly life ... this is the african poverty mentality .... there are so many poor sinners and rich men who are righteous ... when I say righteous , I mean bible definition of righteous.
what richness is righteous that lives in the midst of hungry people and still take from them. I know some workers that got the 15k salary and still had to pay 1.5k as tithe. Who do the pastors pay to?

2 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by 100Cents: 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
felifeli:

You really think these ones still believe in heaven ? Continue to deceive yourself. grin grin grin grin

Rotflmao.

They don't mention it on Sundays oo...

I dey monitor their messages..
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
datribune:

They don't hav to force people. What they do is to use their charm, charisma & flair to persuade d gullible by eloquently using convenient bible passages as tools of deception to make d gullible part wit their money in very subtle & stealthy ways.

oh , if you believe in charms then you dont need to criticise them bro .... and its no deception as long as you can sell out with results... if to say the members of this churches are not getting richer then we can call it deception ... but majority claim to have testimonies ... would you buy a product that showed no results buying it earlier..... I guess NO . As long as there are results , its clean hustle brother.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by nora544: 2:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
majekdom2:

read this and you will understand I know it is long

https://www.nairaland.com/1584133/trial-pastor-jones-adeboye-short

it is the same with all this rich nigerian pastors.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Lakeshizu(m): 2:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
100Cents:
This thread will exceed 10 pages today.

Don't say you didn't see my prediction...

Bookmark me now !
U def don turn pastor be dat o....
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Lucasbalo(m): 2:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
Bunch of two bit hustlers taking advantage of their poor gullible followers.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
obailala:
Is this by any means, an attempt at defending stupendously rich Pastors and their massive fortunes which they obviously made at the expense of the poor in the society?
you anger should be channeled to the poor you feel are being decieved ... dont you think so . its hard convincing a rich man as long as you dont match upto him or have visible results yoursef ... but the poor ,you can help them on that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Pastor Oyedepo Opens His Mega Real Estate Housing Project (Photos) / False Prophet: Uebert Angel / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2018 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.