Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women (72271 Views)

Why The Fear Of Caesarean Section By Nigerian Women? / Is Abortion a bre*ast Cancer Risk? / No. 1 Killer Disease Amongst Nigerian Men. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hi everyone, how's your week going so far? Mine's been great!! Candygosh, osyxcel, tollu, odunharry, hephzi1991, Christine01, the family is growing smiley

Much love to you all and a warm welcome to anyone who wants to be a part of this loving family, we appreciate your love and support smiley smiley smiley

Blessings xoxoxoxo
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2014
Christine01:

Thanks dearie. How are you today?

Yea, just a precautionary measure. One can never be too careful.

My dear, its a scar scar oooo! The scar almost disfigured my bosom. My sisters and I jokingly use to say that the surgeon almost removed the nipple grin The surface of the scar is hard but the underlying tissues are soft.

Just confirmed my appointment for Friday
great. Remember to update

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Osyxcel(m): 7:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
Odunharry:

yup...everyone is fine sir

Great!

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Osyxcel(m): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Wow. We've got a one big family here. This is such a wonderful thread. I'm inspired.

Hi everyone, I'm Obinoscopy smiley.

Cancer can be defeated. All we need do is to unite and spread the word. Healthy lifestyle and early detection are our greatest weapon.

You're welcome

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Osyxcel(m): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
xcelsia:
Lol I won't, I'm not going anywhere wink

smiley

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Networkingprof: 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
Pinkyeyes:
The surgeon said the best is to remove it since i was feeling mild pain wen touched. It was after d operation it was sent to the lab.

hello o.
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Osyxcel(m): 6:44am On Oct 24, 2014
Good morning fam

Hope Hephzi1991 is fine? it's been quite a while.

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Obinoscopy(m): 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hi everyone. I trust you are all doing great.

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Osyxcel(m): 12:33am On Oct 26, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Hi everyone. I trust you are all doing great.

We're all fine I guess. Everyone just went mute, m surprised tho..... wheew!

I really do hope all is well.

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Odunharry(m): 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
I believe everybody here is doing fine??

Happy sunday and a splendid week ahead to u all...

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Odunharry(m): 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
Osyxcel:

We're all fine I guess. Everyone just went mute, m surprised tho..... wheew!

I really do hope all is well.
I hope so too...hope everything is fine?

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Osyxcel(m): 3:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
Odunharry:

I hope so too...hope everything is fine?

I'm fine thanks. Happy Sunday!

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by LizNaira: 4:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
God bless you my mother had cancer stage two and withe the right diet and exercise, plus the chemo and surgery, she is now cancer free. But what the doctors stressed was her diet she was told to eat less of meat, avoid sugar (including artificial carbonated drinks) and only use fresh herbs (not this chemical powder), lots of vegetable, juice and fruit. Funny enough the doctors also told her to be using lemons in her food (the whole lemon) and drinks. I will check out your blog and if you need more information on the lemon see http://littleladyhealth..com/2014/10/fighting-cancer-with-lemons.html

God Bless!

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 27, 2014
Goodness gracious, dear family. How has everyone been? Christine01 how was the scan on Friday? Candygosh and hephzi1991, tollu what's going on? We have to keep hope alive, please keep us updated, we love you. Odunharry, osyxcel, obinoscopy thanks for checking up even when no one else did.

We need to keep this thread alive. Candygosh, christine01, hephzi1991, tollu, osyxcel, odunharry, obinoscopy, the family is growing smiley

Blessings everyone kiss

2 Likes

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by tollu: 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hello Everyone.

I am doing great, trust everyone is doing great as well.

Have a fabulous week people. kiss

2 Likes

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 28, 2014
tollu:
Hello Everyone.

I am doing great, trust everyone is doing great as well.

Have a fabulous week people. kiss
Thanks love smiley
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 28, 2014
Good evening dear family, just wanted to update that my friend had her mastectomy today and it was successful. I was by her side and will visit her again tomorrow, it was quite sad but we all held it together for her.

I wonder how candygosh, christine01 and hephzi1991 are doing. Please understand that you are loved, I care about you girls and I beg you to all hang in there no matter what. I cover you all in the blood of Jesus.

Blessings everyone kiss

3 Likes

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by ladynice: 12:59am On Oct 28, 2014
greetings 2 every body pls I have questions 2 ask my both breast have been paining 4 quite som tym bt I cant feel any lump though I was operated on my left breast since 14 yrs back d scar spread inform of kiloid so really knw id d pain is normal or nt a doctor was told me it normal during ovulation bt am still planning 2 visit abuth Zaria.
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 28, 2014
ladynice:
greetings 2 every body pls I have questions 2 ask my both breast have been paining 4 quite som tym bt I cant feel any lump though I was operated on my left breast since 14 yrs back d scar spread inform of kiloid so really knw id d pain is normal or nt a doctor was told me it normal during ovulation bt am still planning 2 visit abuth Zaria.

Hi there, you are welcome smiley
It's normal to feel some tenderness in the bosom during ovulation/menstruation but not actual pain.

Sorry love, I don't mean to scare you but please go for a bosom exam. If for nothing else, at least for your peace of mind. Blessings smiley
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by ladynice: 5:07am On Oct 28, 2014
xcelsia:
Hi there, you are welcome smiley
It's normal to feel some tenderness in the bosom during ovulation/menstruation but not actual pain.

Sorry love, I don't mean to scare you but please go for a bosom exam. If for nothing else, at least for your peace of mind. Blessings smiley
thanks alot I wil cos wat I feel is pains

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Osyxcel(m): 8:26am On Oct 28, 2014
xcelsia:
Good evening dear family, just wanted to update that my friend had her mastectomy today and it was successful. I was by her side and will visit her again tomorrow, it was quite sad but we all held it together for her.

I wonder how candygosh, christine01 and hephzi1991 are doing. Please understand that you are loved, I care about you girls and I beg you to all hang in there no matter what. I cover you all in the blood of Jesus.

Blessings everyone kiss

Wow, that's good. Thank God. Wishing her quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Odunharry(m): 8:48am On Oct 28, 2014
xcelsia:

Blessings everyone kiss
wow...dat nice

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
ladynice:
thanks alot I wil cos wat I feel is pains
Please keep us updated smiley
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
Thanks loves @ odunharry and osyxcel, hope you guys are doing great. Yeah I'm thankful for being a part of the process, I appreciate life more. When you feel you have given all the love you can, you realize there's so much more in your heart to give. I love you so much my baby girl kiss

Many blessings everyone smiley

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Osyxcel(m): 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2014
xcelsia:
Thanks loves @ odunharry and osyxcel, hope you guys are doing great. Yeah I'm thankful for being a part of the process, I appreciate life more. When you feel you have given all the love you can, you realize there's so much more in your heart to give. I love you so much my baby girl kiss

Many blessings everyone smiley

I'm pretty fine.

There is a kind of hapiness within when you realise you're part of a process that gives a person a new lease of life. I'm sure she'll be eternally grateful for standing by her throughout this critical period. Kudos!

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
Osyxcel:

I'm pretty fine.

There is a kind of hapiness within when you realise you're part of a process that gives a person a new lease of life. I'm sure she'll be eternally grateful for standing by her throughout this critical period. Kudos!
Yay!! Thanks osyxcel smiley smiley smiley
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by omoharry(f): 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
tollu:
This is a great thread and we really need something like this is Nigeria. Thank you for starting this @ Candygosh
I found a lump almost 2 months ago and I've been to the hospital to have it checked out a couple of times. The last time I visited, the surgeon I was referred to said he could not feel anything and scheduled an ultrasound. Ultrasound too didn't see anything and the radiographer also said he couldn't feel it.

Well, I can feel it though it really is small and the area needs to be pinched in order to feel it.
Before I am totally dismissed as an hypochondriac at my current health care facility, can anyone recommend a stress free place in Lagos where they would be willing to listen and patient enough to run correct tests?

As I've learnt on the oyinbo forums "the best kind of lump is that which is in a jar".
Go to foremost rediology consultant ltd. I think you should go with a doctors prescription. they are good and they take thier time in proper breast scan. It at no 50 ogunlana Drive Surulere. Lagos.email.info@foremostradiology.com.

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Zikkie(f): 1:58am On Oct 29, 2014
Wow! Its midnight....just stumbled on this and I find tears running down my eyes! @candygosh, u are a strong lady... Thanks for sharing your experience.. @hephzi.... The Lord is your strength, @xcelsia, could you pls give your friend a big warm hug for me
Though I'm not in this, but my dad was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer ... And its been a tough journey so far in UCH Ibadan... The anxiety and fear while waiting for the histology report after an orchiectomy is killing!

I may not have enough words, but pls know that I love you all. God will see us through this and most importantly, provide all our financial needs to fight this battle.
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
xcelsia:

Blessings everyone kiss

I'm soo happy for her. I wish her strength and happiness. Please God bless you for staying by her. You may not know it what she needs is assurance that people care. Thumbs up
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 29, 2014
Zikkie:
Wow! Its midnight....just stumbled on this and I find tears running down my eyes! @candygosh, u are a strong lady... Thanks for sharing your experience.. @hephzi.... The Lord is your strength, @xcelsia, could you pls give your friend a big warm hug for me
Though I'm not in this, but my dad was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer ... And its been a tough journey so far in UCH Ibadan... The anxiety and fear while waiting for the histology report after an orchiectomy is killing!

I may not have enough words, but pls know that I love you all. God will see us through this and most importantly, provide all our financial needs to fight this battle.

Thanks. Sorry about the stress life has thrown at you. You will get your reward with your kids too.
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by tollu: 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2014
xcelsia:
Blessings everyone kiss

God bless you for the encouragement you have given your friend, she will not repay you with this kind of situation in Jesus name.
God keep her and make her a success story and a source of encouragement to others. Well done dear.

Zikkie:

Hang in there love, it is not an easy task seeing someone you love ill. Big hugs dear
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by hephzi1991: 9:32am On Oct 30, 2014
Hello everyone, I've missed u guys and this thread so much.
Christine01 how did your appointment with the doc go, hoping it went well

Pinkyeyes you can check my previous posts on how to live healthy

LizNiara Wow! Am really happy about ur mum, I hope we get to share that testimony too someday. Please can u share with us how long she has been free and did she have her treatment in Nigeria?

Ladynice you should go for a breast examination at any hospital near u. Also what were u operated for previously?

Zikkie the lord will see ur family thru this trying times and ur dad will be fine.

Xcelsia how is ur friend doing post-surgery? Hope she is taking it well. Wishing her d very best. And God bless u for being very supportive

Doctors in the house your contribution will be very helpful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Why Are AS Carriers Usually Healthier Than AA Carriers? / Drug Abuse: Slaymama Poses With Bottles Of Codeine Syrup And Milk. / Photos Of Man With Butt Implants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.