Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? (67980 Views)

I Refused To Let Him Take His New Babe To My House To Sleep With. / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
mydex93:
IiTs nt possible

Literally on point!!!
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Blakyclyde(m): 11:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
Annypie:
its possible to love sm1,and nt be sexually attracted to d person..exclusive to agape love.i wuld never wana get intimate wt sm1 i dnt love though,i just feel love nt matter hw superficial shuld be a prerequsite 4 sex. BTW shebi they say sex is different 4rm makin love ni

Well, according to the Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary (Warri version), they are all the same. Just semanics.

Anyways, good evening, ma'am.
Its been long since we saw (professionally).
How market?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by basille(m): 11:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
Yes, it's possible!
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by bosun11(m): 11:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
dovelike:
But in the books I read,it comes together. Pls pls don't spoil my fantasy for me.

which books what are their names ?? hehehe she wont.....so whats your opinion on the topic anyway?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by electrosuru: 11:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
eko la ku ro ni eko, eko o ko la. Both sex and love work together depending on d intention of both party.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Pamcrest(f): 11:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
Op, it's not possible to love someone (as in relationship) and not DESIRE him/her.. U express yr love by doing those things - kisses, hugs, cuddles, d whole hog! Unless u are frigid or u are deliberately suppressing d emotions. If u don't feel those desires n experience those stirrings, then that's not a love relationship.....more like brotherly love......u don't view each other as a couple.....then it's ok.
But having those desires is one thing, how u act on them is another!
My humble submission
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by satowind(m): 11:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
temigracie:
...hanhan!!!....

What will now give the love fire, as in real FAYA??.....

..liking someone already, you start having some silly thoughts...Talkless of loving someone.....
I know u hv received plenty faya in ur kpekus
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by onila(f): 11:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
possible
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by ocheu(f): 11:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
austelright:
My current gf gave me the condition that no sex before marriage that it goes against her religion, i agree to it because i loved her genuinely & we dated for 1yr and 2mths. despite her decision i was having it elsewhere because i love sex, i only agree to it because i don't want to loose her. A day came we were in the room & we started kissing to an extent she became so wet that she asked me to do it, that she has punished herself more than enough and deny me her body, that she can't cope any longer and don't want me to look outside which i was doing. Guys trust me na i gave her the way she never wished to ve it. The rest is history because. Any day she comes around unless we have visitors that is the only time we wont ve it. My advice is its difficult to cope with true love without sex unless both of u don't spend quality time together.
yes u are right, but is good that she was the one that requested for it, she will always respect u for keeping your word. Secondly, she will understand how much u love her and also she will believe that u have control over yourself.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by bidexmat(m): 11:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
Na wa oooo! Dis 1 Is categorically a question for di gods! Hian! undecided quote me any where, No man will love a lady who has no breast nor the perfurated burns downstairs! grin the ladies are jst clamouring for chop and stay. U taste the food, abeg finish am oo. We men are naturally born dogs. Make guy dey on top hole dey dig am like say in dey find diamond, oloun if another woman pass the bedside in go whistle " woaw! See the mother to ma unborn children. Na our hormones dey do us dis strong thing. If u ask me y, hu I go ask grin
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
bosun11:

which books what are their names ?? hehehe she wont.....so whats your opinion on the topic anyway?
Romantic books. My opinion is that I think it comes hand in hand. Though there are different kinds of love. If you mean the kind of love that is meant to have intimacy,then intimacy should be felt.At least the thought of it with that person should not sound replusive and without excitement.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by bosun11(m): 11:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
evegran:
Erm I guess its possible, but not possible for me. I'm sorry if I'm not attracted to a guy, I cannot be in love with him. Being attracted to him means I wanna Bleep his brains out, not hold his hands and talk about rapture. Duh?! I just can't be in love with someone when there's no chemistry. Liking the person- yeah. Loving the person without love making-attractions, urges. Ah hell no!

this is a real babe talking...that urge must be there...gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by satowind(m): 11:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
izaray:
@Poster, dnt let any body deceive u, cos many people have been into a relationship,

dat involves sex, and still end up getting married.

Your prayers should be, God should lead to d right person!

Tho, some guys can still love u and do witout sex o,

but is very rear to get in dis century
Rare
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by bosun11(m): 11:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
dovelike:

Romantic books. My opinion on is that I think it comes hand in hand. Though there are different kinds of love. If you mean the kind of love that is meant to have intimacy,then intimacy should be felt.At least the thought if it with that person should not sound replusive and without exxitement

alright miss...i concur
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by bosun11(m): 12:00am On Nov 13, 2014
bidexmat:
Na wa oooo! Dis 1 Is categorically a question for di gods! Hian! undecided quote me any where, No man will love a lady who has no breast nor the perfurated burns downstairs! grin the ladies are jst clamouring for chop and stay. U taste the food, abeg finish am oo. We men are naturally born dogs. Make guy dey on top hole dey dig am like say in dey find diamond, oloun if another woman pass the bedside in go whistle " woaw! See the mother to ma unborn children. Na our hormones dey do us dis strong thing. If u ask me y, hu I go ask grin

bros wetin u take this night ?? na question i ask oooo.........................................
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by bosun11(m): 12:06am On Nov 13, 2014
if i wanna touch her and she doesn't want sex ...well i can withdraw because sex aint love..its just a means of expressing it...but if she's not a virgin , then its mandatory i enjoy the intimacy with her and dig deep till i find my diamond !!!................y would i care for my lady and take care of her and wont have that extra intimacy...i got blood running through my veins mehn................

BTW:SEX IS NOT LOVE BECAUSE A MAN COULD TOUCH A LADY HE LOVES NOT, WHEREAS LOVE MAKING INVOLVES LOVERS ONLY...My Opinion Though

so my answer is YES
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by canItalk(m): 12:14am On Nov 13, 2014
[s][/s] lipsrsealed funny
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 13, 2014
@OP.......Is it possible for a girl to love and not ask for money?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by koolg: 12:21am On Nov 13, 2014
Many hypocrites with useless philosophies here. How will u love someone and then you don't have the desire to be intimate with that person

HOW?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by profayita: 12:28am On Nov 13, 2014
Yeah it's possible because sex and love are two different things.
You see! The question raises another jurisprudential issue. Can you love without giving? Or can you give without love? The answer is in the negative. You can't love without giving for the later is inherent in the the former. But What you give is dependent on your thought. If you are deeply in love, no matter your religious apostasy and moral heritage, canal imagine and feelings as human will eventually come up. How you manage it is dependent on your spiritual maturity, self control. Temptation can't But come!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Boyooosa(m): 12:37am On Nov 13, 2014
chibwike:
Yeah, i can't sleep with a girl i truely love...
*modified*

Pals i need ur votes in the ongoing Mr NL 2014. God bless you as you do so.

www.nairaland.com/chibwike
i can neva vote you for dis ur SILENT comment.... you did not communicate at all.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by NobleG1(m): 12:39am On Nov 13, 2014
faithugo64:
most ladies believe that a guy who loves you would never want to sleep with you untill he marries you.so here is my question

is it possible to love someone and not have the DESIRE to kiss,hug or have sex with him/her?

Please i don't mean having sex with the person,i mean is it possible not to have the DESIRE(wanting) to be intimate with that person.

NOTE: HERE AM NOT TALKING ABOUT AGAPE LOVE O!!!

There are different types of love. (I won't go into that now)

A man can’t love a woman and not hope to have sex with her. The only women a man will not have romantic feelings for are his blood relatives, while other women are on the menu.

Some women can possibly love (not romantic one) a man without romance attached.

It’s easier for a woman to keep a man in friend zone and still don’t feel like f*ucking him. But what women don’t realize is that the men in the friend zone will jump at any slightest opportunity to f*uck them. It’s a secret that I’m reveal to you ladies now.
Men don’t like being placed in friend zone with women. They dread it. For him, it’s either you’re his girlfriend or wife or a secret lover or a one night stand.

A friend zone relationship can possibly develop into a full-blown romantic one, but only if the woman wants, because the man has been inboard since he set his eyes on you.

To answer your question directly; For a woman the answer is, Yes. But for a man, the answer is, NO.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by beatsarena: 12:41am On Nov 13, 2014
it is not possible o. because, when you love someone truly, you are will be ready to do anything for that somebody. so when that somebody wants sex, my dear, you can't resist, cos u just can't say NO.

Wassup guys... I'm a music producer and music enthusiast, i want you all to please check my site at beatsarena.com

I have just created a platform for fellow music enthusiasts. A place where we can discuss about music production, mixing and mastering, song writing and Nigerian music in general. The site is virtually empty that is why i'm reaching out to you guys so we can fill it up with great contents. You are free to send your articles/write ups about music production, music reviews, gist in the music industry, news about producers and other stuffs like that. You can also submit write ups like:

How to make an RnB song
How to write a rap music or you share your experiences with various music production softwares.

it's just a place where people of like minds can meet and talk about new ideas in naija music industry. Guys, let's make history by creating the biggest music forum in Africa.

You can send your write ups/videos/ beats/photos of studio sessions/ photos of you playing any musical instrument to beatsarena@gmail.com i will be glad to post it online asap. Please visit the site and check out the various pages we have there.

You can also catch me on instagram and twitter: www.instagram.com/BeatsArena
www.twitter.com/BeatsArena

Tag me to any relevant post and i will surely regram and retweet
BEAT IT IF YOU CAN
See you guys soon... *winks

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by obiZEAL(m): 12:43am On Nov 13, 2014
Gay men be keeping girlfriends to cover their gay a.s.s since 1946

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by tintingz(m): 12:49am On Nov 13, 2014
You love someone because the feelings is there and the "attraction" why wont they desire to have sex with each other.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by bichikay(m): 12:50am On Nov 13, 2014
Ana akogheri
dasparrow:

Because it doesn't. That is why a guy can whisper sweet things to you one minute, have sex with you the next and call you tomorrow telling you that what happened the night before was nothing serious. Men don't need to love you to have sex with you. Many see women's vargina as a sperm* receptacle that's all. No emotions and feelings involved whatsoever. They are just satisfying nature's urge. A person who truly loves you does not need to have sex with you to prove their love for you. There are many ways of showing a person you love them without asking for their private part. In fact, a person who truly loves you will not ask to defile your body. They will rather do the honorable thing and ask for your hand in marriage first and once you both are married, then sex with follow. Its how God intended it.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by criuze(m): 12:56am On Nov 13, 2014
Love means selfless giving, you loose up your defences if you really love. And se.x is there to smooth it. So why can't it happen if the need be. A lover that denies you se.x dosent love, because you need it, except you are an eunuch
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by bidexmat(m): 12:59am On Nov 13, 2014
bosun11:

bros wetin u take this night ?? na question i ask oooo.........................................
bosun11, If I should give u a constructive answer, u won't be able to take it so beta I make it sound or look mild by making a funny buh true joke out of it. Ur question is glaringly a rhetorical question. N pls u dn't need that question u asked me above. That's demeaning and very rude sire. Bosun ti o je ni o. Ose
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by DaBullIT(m): 1:05am On Nov 13, 2014
eph12:
Loving someone and having sexual urge are two different things and are not related in any way.

Sex is the ritual that solidifies feelings of love. Love is I complete without sex
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by manutdadex(m): 1:15am On Nov 13, 2014
Etetejake:
That type of luv died with Romeo and Juliet.
romeo and julliet actully bleeped countless times
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by priscillawill(m): 1:20am On Nov 13, 2014
It is possible, it happened with my first love, Never had the urge for her.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by manutdadex(m): 1:24am On Nov 13, 2014
3cycle:

S.hit happens, it doesn't stop us from loving.
that sexual urge is instinctive! If you love someone and u re nt sexually attracted to dat personi s either both of u are chronic S.Us or una be virgin wey neva f**k b4 experiencin first love! If you want to see tru love, u see dem in older married couple...but early birds av passion and youthfulness

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

My Acclaimed Girlfriend Just Sent Me An Sms Meant For Someone Else. / When No One Wants To Date You, But Everyone Wants To Sleep With You / How Your Mother Looks At You When You Are 32 Years And Not Married (picture)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.