Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,718 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? (68016 Views)

I Refused To Let Him Take His New Babe To My House To Sleep With. / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by danbrowndmf(m): 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
izaray:
@Poster, dnt let any body deceive u, cos many people have been into a relationship,

dat involves sex, and still end up getting married.

Your prayers should be, God should lead to d right person!

Tho, some guys can still love u and do witout sex o,

but is very rear to get in dis century
am one of those rear guys.;(
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by tellwisdom: 10:16pm On Nov 12, 2014
faithugo64:
most ladies believe that a guy who loves you would never want to sleep with you untill he marries you.so here is my question

is it possible to love someone and not have the DESIRE to kiss,hug or have sex with him/her?

Please i don't mean having sex with the person,i mean is it possible not to have the DESIRE(wanting) to be intimate with that person.

NOTE: HERE AM NOT TALKING ABOUT AGAPE LOVE O!!!

Do you wear Gstrings??

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by General2: 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
I wish all my children came from one woman – 2face IdibiaBy Omotola Filani on November 12, 2014@dailypostngr
Superstar, 2face Idibia regrets having his seven kids from different mothers.

While speaking on his regrets at a press conference recently, the multi award winning artiste said; “I didn’t plan to have kids from different women. But it has happened and I’m just taking it the way it is. But if you ask me what I wish, I will say ah, I for like make all of dem (children) come from one person. Yes!”. SO.. THE QUESTION IS THAT.. WHAT MAKES 2face REGRETTED HIS ACTION OF DATING MULTI LADIES AND INPREGNATED THEM OUT OF WEDLOCK I suggested people shouldn't despair while in relationship to have sex with his partner out of wedlock. Sometimes such happening damages the relationship even after marriage. I knew a lot of guys that end their relationship simply because of sexual affair between them. Some think any lady that gave head can give them head, can do the same to any guy she has desire or interest on despite having relationship with another.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by gbaskiboy: 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
[b] buhahahahahaha so funny with series of comment read [\b]
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by iyantuo: 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
[quote author=izaray post=27024891][/quote]good talk
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by freshness2020: 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
izaray:
@Poster, dnt let any body deceive u, cos many people have been into a relationship,

dat involves sex, and still end up getting married.

Your prayers should be, God should lead to d right person!

Tho, some guys can still love u and do witout sex o,

but is very rear to get in dis century
Am one of those!
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by herald9: 10:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
missberrypop5:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
sincerelygrin

I'm too young to feel that waycheesy
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
You were born with the desire, falling in love will only multiply that desire, cos sex in itself is an expression of love
Don't be deceived, what you sow you will reap. When people talk about not wanting to sleep with someone you love,
They speak from the perspective of priorities or from my own perspective of faith or religion.

Sex should be between two consenting adults who re both matured to understand the psychological implication not
just to enjoy the pleasures. So if you truly love him or her you would wait till there is commitment in the form of
Marriage, otherwise you are starting a game you might not win....

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
RealSleek:

this what i call being brutally honest....just reading ur post is giving hard on.. grin
. Well I'm glad I could get ya up without touching ya. A real woman appreciates an active man, if you know what I mean. smiley
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
The kind of posts that make FP from the romance section these days makes me wonder if the MODs have run out of creative ideas or majority of the posters are like our musicians who juggle a combo of meaningless lyrics with a strong dancehall beat and color it with some loose but.t shaking hoe.s........unfortunately such songs get a wide appreciation, just like such posts here
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by samseen02(m): 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
jmoore:
Yes, it is possible.
I disagree. Ask me y
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by herald9: 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
Etetejake:
That type of luv died with Romeo and Juliet.
You're wrong my guy...

I'm a living proofcheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by jearile(m): 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
faithugo64:
most ladies believe that a guy who loves you would never want to sleep with you untill he marries you.so here is my question

is it possible to love someone and not have the DESIRE to kiss,hug or have sex with him/her?

Please i don't mean having sex with the person,i mean is it possible not to have the DESIRE(wanting) to be intimate with that person.

Having read through some comments I found out there's a misconstrued on the topic.
In as much as I presumably get the notion you are trying to send across, I think the word "desire" was kind of inappropriate in this context. I would have preferred you used the word "urge" in place of "desire." I won't want to dip into its meaning to save us time.
Now, it's a natural phenomenon to have urge for intimacy with your complementary sex let alone with somebody you feel something 'special' for. Celibacy, whether ordained or imposed didn't stop the hormones in your body from functioning and for goodness' sake it is not a sin - so all the holier than thou sycophant with their "phariseeism" mentality can now drop all the pretence.
Refusing to dishonour your temple is a journey that begins from your mind and your ability to put it under control through the help of God irrespective of your feelings is what true love preaches. Instead of satisfying your immediate gratification, you choose to knock it off.
So in nutshell, having sexual urge is only natural - you can't stop, you can't kill it but you can suppress it until it's the right time to express it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by datguru: 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
Rhapsodi:
Yea its very true, cos wen real love is involve it comes from the heart, so ur feelings and emotion won't let u have sex nt even think of it. Am in such a relationship

Get your head examined, its not normal
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by kccarew(f): 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
Believe me, u would, but it takes the fear of God and determination to stay away, be wise Not to meetin a private place, make ur meetings public
faithugo64:

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by samseen02(m): 10:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
All dis pple saying is possible where una cum frm sef. Don't tel me its wot i'm thinking
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2014
nwekesimon68:
As an expert in relationship matters and as a sex educator i want to bring to the attention of this Hon house that those who said is possible are potential impotents and and genuine impotents dat are looking 4 a girl to deceive and marry only 4 them to reveal their sexual makeup after the alter. We hav seen many cases in men and women too. As for me any woman i wil marry must knw my sexual strenght and weaknesses no matter the love involve. Thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by coolsegun2002: 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
op said "luv someone nd not have the desire for sex" some peeps just dey answer question like person wey no read question finish b4 he enter exam hall....the key word..."DESIRE"....ONLY ON ONE CONDITION...D GUY FELL IN LOVE WITH CHIC...ND REALISED HE'S GAY...CHAIII...BABE WEY I NO LOVE...I DEY GET DESIRE TO STRAFF AM....TALK LESS OF THE ONE WEY WEY DEY MAKE MY HEART DO GIZZ GIZZ....THE POINT IS...there will always be physical attraction b4 the feelings(love) develops...nd the physical attraction always...I repeat always comes with desire to make love...so don't get twisted..its possible for Sex to thrive without love...but luv can't take a 2cm stroll without sex...if the heart is doing giz-gizz den the body must respond with desire for intimacy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Demex40(m): 10:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
Yup it is much possible!!
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by oluwasegun007(m): 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
NB: she's not my sister for christ sake. I'll definitely think about it & that does not necessarily mean I'll pester or compel her to have sex with her
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by karmaleon: 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
It is for a castrated man!
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
na lie joor u go love somebody u no go have s,ex,na lie.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by karmaleon: 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
temigracie:
...hanhan!!!....

What will now give the love fire, as in real FAYA??.....

..liking someone already, you start having some silly thoughts...Talkless of loving someone.....

Just like I'm having silly thots for you...
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
faithugo64, Its not possible to have such deep love for someone without the urge to make love to that person, I except the man is holding himself back based on religion (bullsh.it), or personal principle (bigger bullsh/it).
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by UnimkeAk(m): 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
I don't think its possible.
Love equals to and leads to sex
Except you are the religious type (I mean serious deeper life kinda things)
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by OMA4U(m): 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2014
Why are these people talking like this? Truly love and sex are two different things, but the desire to be intimate with someone you love is real and it's always burning.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by oyeludef(m): 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2014
faithugo64:

yeah its very possible and my mum comes to mind. I over-love her but have no intimate desire.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
its not possible. You might not have sex, but the thought will definitely be there. The question then remains, if you act on the thought or not
man body no be wood oo wink
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by kpolli(m): 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
Not possible because it means you're in love with the person but not sexually attracted to the person.... Once again, it is not possible
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by msmon(m): 10:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
@OP, to be honest with you. It's not possible for me! Some pple may have all the definition of love and sexual attraction but as far as I'm concerned it's impossible.

YES, it impossible not to have have sexual urge for somebody u love.

Tag:
cc150615
Missmossy
mesoade
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by omeizaowuda(m): 10:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
faithugo64:

I feel there should be more info, like...the lady is a virgin, the lady is so nervous, the lady have had sex for quite a very long time, the lady is one of the ones that claims "sex is painful and I don't enjoy it", the lady is very weird...in summary, If its real love as you mentioned, then both parties involved will find a common ground and sexually express their love.
The case you mentioned is only possible if one of the parties is very weird.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Emperorking20(m): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
Of course! There was ds girl I loved a while back.. And the thought of having a go at her never crossed my mind.. Not even once grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Woman Exposes ‘Pastor’ Who Sent Her His Unclad Photos / Isa Sulaiman & Janine Sanchez: 'I No Fit Love Any Nigerian Woman Again' / The First Surprise Birthday I've Ever Gotten

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.