Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,598 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? (68010 Views)

I Refused To Let Him Take His New Babe To My House To Sleep With. / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
Yea it is possible, but be rest assured, the dude is changing his 'engine oil outside' , i'm a living example.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by herald9: 9:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
Yes It's possible...

I've been doing that 24/7

smiley
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by 50calibre(m): 9:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
Rhapsodi:
Yea its very true, cos wen real love is involve it comes from the heart, so ur feelings and emotion won't let u have sex nt even think of it. Am in such a relationship

You're not in a relationship my friend, you're in a friendship.

I don't know how you formed this ridiculous opinion or belief, but it is pure hokum.

Nature can't be cheated, a girl who has no urge to sleep with you, has no feelings for you, even the slightest.

A woman can not love you completely till you've slept with her.

This is simple biology, se*x triggers a release of hormones like oxytocin in women, which creates a greater feeling of love & attachment, that's why it's called a bonding hormone. Guys possess a different hormone which triggers some other reactions not necessarily love-related hence you notice guys have no qualms smashing random girls, more so the one they love. If you're not like this, then you're not normal.

In a normal world, se*x is the glue that binds a relationship together, it forms the bedrock on which all other things are built.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by csbrown(m): 9:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
;DBefore I don't use to have sexual desires on d gal I love.
Because say I love am, bt she com dey see am as if say I no b man enough, wetin com vex me pass be say she com hate me, com dey avoid me ontop... She no dey respond ma chat again, but I hv got to move on...so na wetin com make me turn to striker, I no dey miss chances.

Ask ur girlfrein she go yarn u my tory

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
temigracie:

What will now give the love fire, as in real FAYA??....

I swear you be badoo

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nattylad(m): 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
The answer is no
It irks me when i hear people talk about lust and love like they are two different things, you can't love someone you're not physically attracted to
The first thing that attracts you to a person is the persons physical attributes, then you start developing feelings

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by xynerise: 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
You guys should stop pretending jare grin
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by adeyiga3(m): 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
Rhapsodi:
Yea its very true, cos wen real love is involve it comes from the heart, so ur feelings and emotion won't let u have sex nt even think of it. Am in such a relationship
den she is fuckn anoda dude

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by MadCow1: 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
temigracie:
...hanhan!!!....

What will now give the love fire, as in real FAYA??.....

..liking someone already, you start having some silly thoughts...Talkless of loving someone.....

What more can I say...
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Bitojoe(m): 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
Some of you here are just talking as if you are saint.stop lying.you need to go and do check up,if you love someone and you dont have the desire to have sex.or having sex doesn't come to your mind at all.abeg,you realy need prayer

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
Most people are not understanding the question.

OP asked about desire / lust but not necessarily having sex.

Is it possible not to sexually desire your future fiancé ? even though you are waiting for the wedding to consummate the union( for example ).

Personally I think it is possible and acceptable that woman could love a man without believing that they are having a strong sexual desire for him. (I think women can sexually desire a man without realising it.

But if a male does not have sexual desire for his fiancé, that would be very unusual and possibly he has a problem.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Pecca: 10:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
emusmith:
Humans... Trying To Get Objective/ Analytical Answers To Spiritual Things... Little Wonder Their Confusion Knows No End...

the day you stop trying to live objectively, you will stop asking questions. when you stop asking questions you will stop being confused/curious and, when you stop being confused or curious (my own addition) you are dead. because the dead stay dumb
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
cc150615:

the op isn't talking about whether u will do it or not, we all know some responsible guys like to wait, but what he's asking is while you're waiting, are there times that you have this urge to get really physical with her considering you really love her nd probably plan to marry. so I need more honest responses: Can u love someone nd not have the urge to get intimate? Offcos u might have the urge But decide to discipline ursef nd wait. Oya dudes I'm waiting
As an expert in relationship matters and as a sex educator i want to bring to the attention of this Hon house that those who said is possible are potential impotents and and genuine impotents dat are looking 4 a girl to deceive and marry only 4 them to reveal their sexual makeup after the alter. We hav seen many cases in men and women too. As for me any woman i wil marry must knw my sexual strenght and weaknesses no matter the love involve. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by redcliff: 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
philantoxx:
fink the two complement each other.

No they do not.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by MadCow1: 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
You can't be in love with someone you are not sexually attracted to...

Love and last are two sides of a coin.. they must both exist to be complete else na friendship be that.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by darlenese(f): 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
It is possible if the guy is castrated!
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
herald9:
Yes It's possible...

I've been doing that 24/7

smiley
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Dammyllionaire(m): 10:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
temigracie:
...hanhan!!!....

What will now give the love fire, as in real FAYA??.....

..liking someone already, you start having some silly thoughts...Talkless of loving someone.....

Silly thoughtsshocked? So women also have silly thoughts... So you still have time to come on nairaland despite the fact that you're in camp? Na wa for you oo
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by joshrare(m): 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2014
dasparrow:

Because it doesn't. That is why a guy can whisper sweet things to you one minute, have sex with you the next and call you tomorrow telling you that what happened the night before was nothing serious. Men don't need to love you to have sex with you. Many see women's vargina as a sperm* receptacle that's all. No emotions and feelings involved whatsoever. They are just satisfying nature's urge. A person who truly loves you does not need to have sex with you to prove their love for you. There are many ways of showing a person you love them without asking for their private part. In fact, a person who truly loves you will not ask to defile your body. They will rather do the honorable thing and ask for your hand in marriage first and once you both are married, then sex with follow. Its how God intended it.

What if the person has already been defiled?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by sistrunk: 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2014
faithugo64:
most ladies believe that a guy who loves you would never want to sleep with you untill he marries you.so here is my question

is it possible to love someone and not have the DESIRE to kiss,hug or have sex with him/her?

Please i don't mean having sex with the person,i mean is it possible not to have the DESIRE(wanting) to be intimate with that person.

NOTE: HERE AM NOT TALKING ABOUT AGAPE LOVE O!!!

U should know the Difference btw LOVE & lust.! dt mks d difference!
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by iluvweed(m): 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2014
To all my niggas, You know what I mean.....If you Bleep a girl GOOD...she dont wanna leave!......... grin
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by PeeDaVinci: 10:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
Love, romance, sex and marriage are 4 things which ladies mix/muddle together but are very distinctly different from a guys perspective. Without a lot of discipline, guys struggle to see them as different facets of a big bundle.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by donmalcolm21(m): 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Sex consumates love. If I love you I must sleep with you.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Marcelinho(m): 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
the two work hand in hand, because no matter what u must have the feelings, how can u love someone n then don't have the feelings for the person?

please vote MARCELINHO 4 Mr nairaland, ur vote count Thanks!
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by RealSleek(m): 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
evegran:
Erm I guess its possible, but not possible for me. I'm sorry if I'm not attracted to a guy, I cannot be in love with him. Being attracted to him means I wanna Bleep his brains out, not hold his hands and talk about rapture. Duh?! I just can't be in love with someone when there's no chemistry. Liking the person- yeah. Loving the person without love making-attractions, urges. Ah hell no!

this what i call being brutally honest....just reading ur post is giving hard on.. grin
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by simdam500(m): 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
one word. it not possible. errr. call upon my baby...

love..... u know I love u but I want ur body and my body to join
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by nikky52(f): 10:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
You will definitely have the desire but it will never be a priority, every other thing comes before the desire.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by ocheu(f): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2014
faithugo64:
and your wife? I belive you will marry someone that you love, does it mean you are not going to sleep with her?
he meant before marriage. Even God knows is possible. When a guy loves a lady and he has in mind of settling down with her, he will surely protect her just for fresh sake. Or why do you think that men don't like to rough handle their wives ?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by simdam500(m): 10:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
and by the way what is making the topic trend?? abi because it coming from a lady
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by simplisity(m): 10:13pm On Nov 12, 2014
Naturaly, the feelings or the attraction must be there bcs is d part of ingredients of love, but moraly u should try to resist it to preserve d sacredness of ur marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by redsun(m): 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
Love is desire,passion and insatiable want. Some people live their lives in books written by others,guided by conditional norms that deprives them of all the excitements,experiences,adventures,inquisitiveness and the joys of life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Photos From Dynamix Magazine Pool Party In Lagos That's Got Internet Talking / Woman Exposes ‘Pastor’ Who Sent Her His Unclad Photos / Isa Sulaiman & Janine Sanchez: 'I No Fit Love Any Nigerian Woman Again'

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.