Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love (29377 Views)

If Your Bea Dresses Like This To Greet Your Parent, What Will You Do? / I Detest Light Skinned Women.. / Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Chuks16(m): 5:38am On Oct 15, 2014
I will simply go to bed
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 15, 2014
Parents are more experienced than we re. Sometimes, they r some qualities they feel/see in our partners than we tend nt to notice or overlook in our partners. If they happen to tell u nt to marry the person u love, then there must be an ideal and convincing reason to b right. But, if there's none, il try to do d convincing masef.

I, for one dont like people dictating 4 me or forcing me to do sth against ma wish, bt if ma parents were to say its a NO for ma partner, i believe, ther's sumtin behind it & would sit 4 a logical reason why they said so since i knw them to b people who neva and will never enforce their will on we, their children or try to make decisions for us. Had it been they r d kind of forceful parents 4rm d start, then il might probably nt listen 2 them.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Lathunjimi(m): 5:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:

It still happens o, especially when the person is from a particular tribe your parents. Don't like.
I've seen parents telling their children not to bring home girls from certain tribes.

You are right, my close pal been dating this Edo girl for the past 9 yrs but his family is against him marrying her, now he s in a dilemma, he neither could tell her he quits cos he madly loves her meanwhile the girl had even turned down many wealthy matches made by her royal family in the past neither can he go ahead to call for marriage b'cos no one approves of it in his family. As a matter of fact that's why he isn't married yet. We friends like the girl cos she s good, caring and lovable but what can we do. Mayb someone has an advise that could work.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by anthoniaz(f): 5:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Fight for what you want because they have no reason. My fiance's family did same to me, they never wanted me instead they started accusing me of things I never did, threathened to kill me, insulted me(they would take turns to call me to insult and threaten me).It continued for good 3yrs.We never gave up (it's not a good experience I must confess) there are times you would want to walk away.

If you really love your partner, do everything to make it work, persuade your parents.

My case is a testimony, I'll forever be grateful to Almighty God.I can't still believe we are planning our wedding, I can't believe, I'm now in good terms with everyone. I thank God for the good heart he gave to me, I don't hold anything against anybody.

Op, I talked about my experience so you can know these things happen and you can still win the battle. Parents want to always control their children, they want to always decide what you should do and shouldn't and it's really annoying.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 15, 2014
Princecalm:
What do you do when your Dad or Mum detest of the one you love so dearly?.Will you just ignore and go on with the wedding.
It's so simple.........

Just remind them who hell is meant for! I'm sure they'll stop detesting! smiley
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by stabilizer: 6:11am On Oct 15, 2014
Anas4sure:
cryI will go marry olosho as alternative...jst wake up 2 comment,sleepn tnz againI will go marry olosho as alternative...jst wake up 2 comment,sleepn tnz againI will go marry olosho as alternative...jst wake up 2 comment,sleepn tnz again

No need of saying you just wake up to comment, Its obvious maybe when you are full awake, re-comment...Oko olosho cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by M4gunners: 6:14am On Oct 15, 2014
Ok i was hia.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by strawgirl(f): 6:15am On Oct 15, 2014
Some of our parents does not have a genuine reason for saying no to your partner. Most of the reasons are based on their own experiences. I just believe that parents should not hate your partner if there is no genuine reason to.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 15, 2014
This Generation most parents are right about this issue cause people of this generation mistake love for infatuation a lot. Ma folks are the calmest in the world and will gladly accept any bride I bring home cause they trust ma instinct so much and bliv in me wink
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by rutibaby(f): 6:16am On Oct 15, 2014
I'll pray 2 God to know if they are right or that's d right person for me.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 15, 2014
i will listen to their reasons, my mum or dad cannot just hate someone for no just cause.they won't judge till they get to interact with you.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by stabilizer: 6:20am On Oct 15, 2014
Stelvin101:
This Generation most parents are right about this issue cause people of this generation mistake love for infatuation a lot. Ma folks are the calmest in the world and will gladly accept any bride I bring home cause they trust ma instinct so much and bliv in me wink

You are very funny, they will gladly accept any bride you take home, Just look very well no go carry jombo oo, All iz well, God will be with us all grin
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by hayzed2: 6:20am On Oct 15, 2014
Most of Ibadan girls are not well-cultured but not all........ Mie le fe omo ibadan rara was my previous thought but I'm now dating an ibadan lady but she got manners ;d
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by rapfezy: 6:22am On Oct 15, 2014
All I will do is listen to this music.magic-rude

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 15, 2014
Therez dis tin called discernment, not all have it, u myt be too crazy in love to discern someone, but when ur parents discerns anything about ur partner n it turns out negative u had better listen 2 ur parents. But not all parents can be right, if urs is the type that says "bring only a rich man home" sorry 4 u, dia advice will mar u.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 15, 2014
stabilizer:

You are very funny, they will gladly accept any bride you take home, Just look very well no go carry jombo oo, All iz well, God will be with us all grin

Am Serious o. Even if na all those kind crazy gals with no character with no home training. They bliv I av a way of doing things right no matter what. wink

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Princecalm(m): 6:32am On Oct 15, 2014
Just woke up to see this at the frontpage
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 15, 2014
oscarpad:
Name cannot be blank
You commented in the midnight, oh I see. Oga, come back to life no be meeting u dey, na nairaland u dey. How many names have u gotten this night again?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 15, 2014
"What an elderly person sat down to see, a young person can't see it while standing, even if he climbs the highest mountain". Most of our parents are experienced in things of this life. I'll know their reasons and if its a geniue one, i'll go with it. As long as it has nothing to do with,
tribe, outcast or state.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by 14DUI(m): 6:36am On Oct 15, 2014
my advice is to discontinue or stop that relationship for that period, try and convince them of the good side of your spouse and find a family member you know they do listen to, that might do the magic.

Our parent have much experience and know the world better than us and what most of them see, we don't even have a clue about it.
They surely have their reasons for objecting the relationship but I as a son of my parent will listen or pretend to listen and reason with them first, followed by talking separately with them and try to make them see things in my own view.
If the object, halt the wedding plan for that time but never, I repeat, never marry anyone without the consent of your parent.

Your parent is your parent, you will always need them....

@^^^ missberrypop5, I'm not following u, but I'm e-watching u cheesy
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by PromiseAndre: 6:37am On Oct 15, 2014
I'll simply walk away wit the one I love! #NoHardFeelings

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 15, 2014
missberrypop5:
"What an elderly person sat down to see, a young person can't see it when standing, even if he climbs the highest mountain". Most of our parents are experienced in things. I'll know their reasons and if its a geniue one, i'll go with it. As long as it has nothing to with,
tribe, outcast or state.
my grandma did it to some of her male kid nd end up nt giving birth until dey divorce nd marry d person of dre choice. so my mom wil never

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by kennynelcon(m): 6:44am On Oct 15, 2014
Leave the person,... parental problem is not good not even for a woman who u "think" u Love
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by elisa121s(m): 6:44am On Oct 15, 2014
It wil only boust d moral of love I hav 4 her
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by eduson33(m): 6:48am On Oct 15, 2014
Just the problem am facing now..will keep following this thread for more advice
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by farano(f): 6:54am On Oct 15, 2014
I'll fast and pray. I'll tell God.... This is what I want, but if you know it'll hurt me in the long run, let Your Will be done.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by 14DUI(m): 6:55am On Oct 15, 2014
eduson33:
Just the problem am facing now..will keep following this thread for more advice

Bros, just be calm, be yourself and this problem will be resolve, it takes time before parent adjust to reality as long as your lady loves you, she will be the only limiting factor, that is one of the challenges a man must face, gaining favor and acceptance from people we don't know. You will understand this issue in later life when you become a parent, this is your first test to prove your love n if you run, they will be justified that you never love the girl. Patience and perceiverance wins the race.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by galaxy52(f): 6:58am On Oct 15, 2014
They should just allow me to ride the boat and see for myself if it will sink! Experience is the best teacher undecided
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by blessingisah(m): 6:59am On Oct 15, 2014
If u are a Lady knw surely that their blessing is necessary, in fact u cant go on without bin given out by ur parents. But as a man u r expected to leave ur parent and cleave un2 ur wife. Weda or not ur parent consent to ur decision is actually immaterial.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:00am On Oct 15, 2014
I Don't Have Much To Say But Take This==> What An Elder Saw While Sitting Down, You Won't See Even If You're Ontop The Highest Iroko Tree. #my2kobo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Kneels Down To Propose To His Girlfriend During Her Birthday Celebration / Please My Nairalanders, What Is Okafor's Law? / Can A Lady Be Pregnant And Still Ovulate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.