Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700956 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:16pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I agree with you, especially with Ambrose. My concern about Ambrose was the Celtics against Barca that Neymar made him look immobile.

If not, Ambrose is the best defender that can suit Coach Siasia's pattern. I do not understand how injury made Oboabona drop in form. That guy was a beast for us in the early time of Coach Keshi. He was fast and good with the ball.

My problem with Onazi is just that he does not like to sit back and shield the defence. That is the only problem. Apart from that, that boy is a work horse. His marking is excellent. He can track a running midfielder like he did against Matuidi.

If Coach Siasia calls him, he has to let Onazi know that there is a reason why the word defensive comes first in defensive midfielder.

Lol @ Neymer making Ambrose look Immobile. But u know u dnt get to face a player in d mode of Neymer all d time. I think Ambrose still has it in him. U can see from his last 2 or 3 Super Eagles performance.

I understand those Onazi's weaknesses u highlighted bt d thing is I dnt see any present U23 DMF dat can bring to d table what Onazi brings. Besides, Onazi will b 24yrs next yr and we are building a future Super Eagles team. It makes logical sense to build d team along with him cos dey beling to same generation. Recall Onazi played U17 along with Omeruo, Olaitan, Umar, Ajagun and co hu are still U23.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:18pm On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

That is why I said Falcao is by faaaaaaaaaaaaar better than a reserve striker. While Dzeko was still a reserve striker in 2013/2014 season, Falcao had already led the line previously for one of the best team in the Spanish league and was as at then leading the line for one of the best club in the French league. In his first and only season in the Ligue 1, he scored 9 goals in 17 league games and 2 goals in 2 Coupe de france matches. he was able to achieve all these before got injured at the middle of the season which entirely ruled him out of the 2013/2014. Does that sounds like an inform player?

You said the reserve player didn't play in all the 38 League matches in 2013/2014, but how did he manage to play 31 matches(started 23 and 8 times as substitute) that same season? Remember, he only scored 16 goals in the League and the rest are from other competitions. Divide the 16 by 9 what do you get?
That was what Falcao scored at middle of the season before suffered injury that rule him out of the season(not his form).

I am not even talking about Dzeko's form last season which you have tactical ignored. If when put in the scale both are equally found wanting. Although, Falcao somehow surpassed him based on the statistics on ground.

However, Falcao season at Monaco was merely based on injury and not his form. While his season at Man United superceded that of Dzeko last season.

At Chelsea.... the season is still on.

So, we can boldly say without any contradiction that Falcao is better than Dzeko in recent times.

Na wetin we go take know striker again if no be by em goal again?

There is no one here who would argue Falcao was not miles ahead of Dzeko when he was in form. That is why you chose to bring in his Athletico Madrid stats to make your faaar talk.

He was back to back highest goal scorer and maybe the best player in both Europa League he won with Porto and Atletico Madrid.

After his injury, you and I know he was no more the genius he was. So what is all these faaar talk.

Are you saying if you were a coach today and you had the option of signing the current Falcao or Dzeko,

Dzeko was the reserve striker. He raked some games after Aguero injured and he paired with Dzeko. Then, Negredo injured and he paired with Aguero.

16 goals in 31 games is good for a striker. Especially one who was not a starter.

So if your a coach today, will you sign Falcao or Dzeko?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:22pm On Dec 19, 2015
Icon4s:

Lol @ Neymer making Ambrose look Immobile. But u know u dnt get to face a player in d mode of Neymer all d time. I think Ambrose still has it in him. U can see from his last 2 or 3 Super Eagles performance.

I understand those Onazi's weaknesses u highlighted bt d thing is I dnt see any present U23 DMF dat can bring to d table what Onazi brings. Besides, Onazi will b 24yrs next yr and we are building a future Super Eagles team. It makes logical sense to build d team along with him cos dey beling to same generation. Recall Onazi played U17 along with Omeruo, Olaitan, Umar, Ajagun and co hu are still U23.

You are right. In this set up, he would be a senior player unlike when he is playing with the likes of Mikel, Yobo, Enyeama and co. He will definitely be an asset to the team. If he can bring that discipline to his game and shield the defense, I see the team's midfield becoming stronger.

Onazi's strengths outweighs his weaknesses. He was another key man in the resurgence of the Super Eagles and has loads of experience for a young player.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

That is why I said Falcao is by faaaaaaaaaaaaar better than a reserve striker. While Dzeko was still a reserve striker in 2013/2014 season, Falcao had already led the line previously for one of the best team in the Spanish league and was as at then leading the line for one of the best club in the French league. In his first and only season in the Ligue 1, he scored 9 goals in 17 league games and 2 goals in 2 Coupe de france matches. he was able to achieve all these before he got injured at the middle of the season which entirely ruled him out of the 2013/2014.

Does that sounds like someone who lost form?

You said the reserve player didn't play in all the 38 League matches in 2013/2014, but how did he manage to play 31 matches(started 23 and 8 times as substitute) that same season? Remember, he only scored 16 goals in the League and the rest are from other competitions. Divide the 16 by 9 what do you get?
That was what Falcao scored at middle of the season before suffered injury that rule him out of the season(not his form).

I am not even talking about Dzeko's form last season which you have tactical ignored. If when put in the scale both are equally found wanting. Although, Falcao somehow surpassed him based on the statistics on ground.

However, Falcao season at Monaco was merely based on injury and not his form. While his season at Man United superceded that of Dzeko last season.

At Chelsea.... the season is still on.

So, we can boldly say without any contradiction that Falcao is better than Dzeko in recent times.

Na wetin we go take know striker again if no be by em goal again?

See someone's comment on a Chelsea thread on Falcao, your faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better player than Dzeko.

Players like Remy will not believe what they have to do to play. Especially when he sees a dead Falcao barely able to trap the ball. Imagine all the players who felt Ivanovic should be dropped. Even fans could see it. Jose persisted. If this irked ordinary fans, how about players?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:38pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You are right. In this set up, he would be a senior player unlike when he is playing with the likes of Mikel, Yobo, Enyeama and co. He will definitely be an asset to the team. If he can bring that discipline to his game and shield the defense, I see the team's midfield becoming stronger.

Onazi's strengths outweighs his weaknesses. He was another key man in the resurgence if the Super Eagles and has loads of experience for a young player.

Perfecto!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

There is no one here who would argue Falcao was not miles ahead of Dzeko when he was in form. That is why you chose to bring in his Athletico Madrid stats to make your faaar talk.

He was back to back highest goal scorer and maybe the best player in both Europa League he won with Porto and Atletico Madrid.

After his injury, you and I know he was no more the genius he was. So what is all these faaar talk.

Are you saying if you were a coach today and you had the option of signing the current Falcao or Dzeko,

Dzeko was the reserve striker. He raked some games after Aguero injured and he paired with Dzeko. Then, Negredo injured and he paired with Aguero.

16 goals in 31 games is good for a striker. Especially one who was not a starter.

So if your a coach today, will you sign Falcao or Dzeko?

Lol, because you asked for his form 3 seasons ago and
I dug out his records for the world to see. After injury was just 2 seasons ago. This season has not yet ended.

What is the difference between 38 and 23? Just 15. He even came in 8 times. Please, stop this already.

You blamed his performance on his inability to start matches but you couldn't spare Falcao for his injury during the same season.

So, is it bad for Falcao to have scored 11 goals out of 19, especially for one who could not complete the season due to injury? Just two seasons ago.

If I consider his form two seasons ago at the beginning of this current season, Falcao is a done deal for me. Because I know at the back of my mind that he is just back from lengthy injury.

Shebi dem don get new coach. Let's wait and see his report card at the end of the season.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

See someone's comment on a Chelsea thread on Falcao, your faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better player than Dzeko.

Players like Remy will not believe what they have to do to play. Especially when he sees a dead Falcao barely able to trap the ball. Imagine all the players who felt Ivanovic should be dropped. Even fans could see it. Jose persisted. If this irked ordinary fans, how about players?

Someone's comment is the personal opinion of that person but whose opinion cannot nullify Falcao's reports card for far.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

Lol, because you asked for his form 3 seasons ago and
I dug out his records for the world to see. After injury was just 2 seasons ago. This season has not yet ended.

What is the difference between 38 and 23? Just 15. He even came in 8 times. Please, stop this already.

You blamed his performance on his inability to start matches but you couldn't spare Falcao for his injury during the same season.

So, is it bad for Falcao to have scored 11 goals out of 19, especially for one who could not complete the season due to injury? Just two seasons ago.

If I consider his form two seasons ago at the beginning of this current season, Falcao is a done deal for me. Because I know at the back of my mind that he is just back from lengthy injury.

Shebi dem don get new coach. Let's wait and see his report card at the end of the season.

Who said, I did not give Falcao a break because of his injury. While people screamed Eto'o at Inter Milan, I was screaming Falcao as the best. I remember his performance for Villas-Boas Porto in the 5-1 thrashing of Villareal. I was on my feet the whole game.

The guy was the man. I am saying Dzeko is better than him because he is not fit. I hope he gets better and reclaim his golden form.

I have been his fan for years. Since River Plate when CR7 was in Man Utd.

It is sad seeing such a striker score only 16 league goals since Monaco until now. 5 league goals from Manchester United until now. From 2014-2015 until now, only 7 goals. Falcao is bigger than that.

Falcao can do better. I hope he does better. At his prime, I rated him as the third best player behind Messi and CR7.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:31pm On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

Someone's comment is the personal opinion the person but whose opinion cannot nullify Falcao's reports card for far.

Falcao is not just a player, he is a legend of the game. For now, he is not fit to play well. I hope his agent Mendes can send him to a place with less competition to give him a chance to recover.

Maybe send him to Turkey. Give him playing tome to recover his business before sending him to big clubs. The Chelsea and Man Utd move did not favor him.

Loic Remy is still ahead of him.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2015
Dominic Solanke Pleased To Be Back Among The Goals For Vitesse

England youth - teamer Dominic Solanke was back among the goals as Vitesse Arnhem thrashed Twente 5 - 1 in their final game of 2015 before the winter break, to take his tally to 5 goals from 15 games.

The Chelsea loanee had been searching for his first goal in the Eredivisie since he found the net in Vitesse’s 3 - 0 thrashing of Excelsior at the end of October.

“Good win tonight to finish the first half of the season, back to England for a few weeks now for Christmas , ” Solanke tweeted shortly after the tie at the GelreDome.

Solanke played the full game for the home team while teammate Abiola Dauda watched proceedings from the bench for the entire contest.

Vitesse Arnhem tentatively occupy the fourth position on the table with 28 points garnered.

http://ww.allnigeriasoccer.com

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:55pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Who said, I did not give Falcao a break because of his injury. While people screamed Eto'o at Inter Milan, I was screaming Falcao as the best. I remember his performance for Villas-Boas Porto in the 5-1 thrashing of Villareal. I was on my feet the whole game.

The guy was the man. I am saying Dzeko is better than him because he is not fit. I hope he gets better and reclaim his golden form.

I have been his fan for years. Since River Plate when CR7 was in Man Utd.

It is sad seeing such a striker score only 16 league goals since Monaco until now. 5 league goals from Manchester United until now. From 2014-2015 until now, only 7 goals. Falcao is bigger than that.

Falcao can do better. I hope he does better. At his prime, I rated him as the third best player behind Messi and CR7.

You didn't tell us that injury stopped him for 7 months, and that he had scored 13 league goals for Monaco before his injury in 2013/2014 season.

Tell us, how many league goals did the fit Dzeko score last season(2014/2015 season)? Make I talk am na, na 6 goals out of 32 matches shocked grin

The fit Dzeko is only better with 1 goal.

Like I said said 2015/2016 is not yet over.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:59pm On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

You didn't tell that injury stopped him for 7 month and had scored 13 league goals for Monaco before his injury in 2013/2014 season.

Tell us, how many league goals did the fit Dzeko score last season(2014/2015 season)? Make I talk am na, na 6 goals out of 32 matches shocked grin

The fit Dzeko is only better with 1 goal.

Like I said said 2015/2016 is not yet over.

If your a coach now, who will you sign, Falcao or Dzeko?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

If your a coach now, who will you sign, Falcao or Dzeko?

Of course, I will not sign both of them now.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:15pm On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

Of course, I will not sign both of them now.

If you are to make a choice from the two, who will you pick.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by shogz89: 8:18pm On Dec 19, 2015
Mikel don play after weeks of play hibernation
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:24pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

If you are to make a choice from the two, who will you pick.

How can I chose between two inform players, now that I know? It is not possible for me to choose any of them if I know their current form.

But if you ask me who to choose before this season began, I will choose Falcao.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:19am On Dec 20, 2015
Will Falcao and Dzeko be part of our U23 set up? Guys this thread is for our Olympic team.
The 2 of u can create another thread to discuss Falcao and Dzeko if u so like . smiley
Enough jare.

To: forgiveness and TheGoodJoe
cc: Me.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:20am On Dec 20, 2015
forgiveness:
Olaitan, Ede Suffered Heavy defeat; Solanke on Target, Dauda benched.

Former Flying Eagles star Michael Olaitan was in action for FC Twente in their 5-1 away loss to Vitesse on Friday in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Olaitan featured for 90 minutes while Chinedu Ede was introduced for Renato Tapia in the 64th minute.
Nigerian striker Abiola Dauda was an unused substitute for Vitesse while Dominic Solanke scored 10 minutes into the second half.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/olaitan-ede-suffered-heavy-deafeat-dominic-on-target-dauda-benched/
You are so funny. Why type his name in bold?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 8:08am On Dec 20, 2015
forgiveness:
Dominic Solanke Pleased To Be Back Among The Goals For Vitesse

England youth - teamer Dominic Solanke was back among the goals as Vitesse Arnhem thrashed Twente 5 - 1 in their final game of 2015 before the winter break, to take his tally to 5 goals from 15 games.

The Chelsea loanee had been searching for his first goal in the Eredivisie since he found the net in Vitesse’s 3 - 0 thrashing of Excelsior at the end of October.

“Good win tonight to finish the first half of the season, back to England for a few weeks now for Christmas , ” Solanke tweeted shortly after the tie at the GelreDome.

Solanke played the full game for the home team while teammate Abiola Dauda watched proceedings from the bench for the entire contest.

Vitesse Arnhem tentatively occupy the fourth position on the table with 28 points garnered.

http://ww.allnigeriasoccer.com
[b]
Sir, I once a fan of most of these Nigerian youngsters, but when I learnt most of them are not ready to honour the Green White Green, I lost interest in them, Dominic Solanke inclusive. So therefore, no basis for comparing and making him come close to our Gold Nacho who is the next big thing to happen to us.

I am not saying you shouldn't admire his talent, but what do I stand to gain when I know England is all over him.

Same thing with Gordon Ibe and Dele Ali. I just lay less emphasis on them these days.

Dominic Solanke looks promising and has Nigerian blood flowing in him, but he is not close to our Gold. He should be in a class lower than Nacho. Lol

Please Sir, while making your writeup bold, you don't have to make bold word by word, you can make it once. Hence the one per word will take you so much time.

For instance a whole writeup such as

"Dominic Solanke Pleased To Be Back AmongThe Goals For Vitesse"

can be made bold once.

You can quote this post and edit to see what I am saying, same for most of my senior ogas on the thread.

I must say I enjoy your arguments and contributions to this house, even though am not the oga of the house.

Your Monicker speaks volumes.
Thanks.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 8:29am On Dec 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016 Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester City scouts watch Ademola Lookman
[/size]

Nigerian youngster Ademola Lookman has been watched by Manchester City among several other EPL clubs

Manchester City have sent scouts to run the rule over Nigerian youngster Ademola Lookman following his impressive displays for English Championship side Charlton Athletic.

The young forward has also been watched by Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur earlier in the season.

Manchester City have now sent scouts to watch the 18-year-old Lookman.

The teenage striker only made his debut in early November, but has already scored three goals, including two in Charlton’s 2-2 draw with Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday night.

Lookman has two-and-a-half years left on his contract with Charlton, who are not keen to let him go, but a tempting offer from City may force the Championship club to let him go.

Manchester City already have a Nigeria youngster Kelechi Iheanacho in their fold.
africanfootball.com//news/594711/Manchester-City-scouts-watch-Ademola-Lookman
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:55am On Dec 20, 2015
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016 Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester City scouts watch Ademola Lookman
[/size]

Nigerian youngster Ademola Lookman has been watched by Manchester City among several other EPL clubs

Manchester City have sent scouts to run the rule over Nigerian youngster Ademola Lookman following his impressive displays for English Championship side Charlton Athletic.

The young forward has also been watched by Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur earlier in the season.

Manchester City have now sent scouts to watch the 18-year-old Lookman.

The teenage striker only made his debut in early November, but has already scored three goals, including two in Charlton’s 2-2 draw with Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday night.

Lookman has two-and-a-half years left on his contract with Charlton, who are not keen to let him go, but a tempting offer from City may force the Championship club to let him go.

Manchester City already have a Nigeria youngster Kelechi Iheanacho in their fold.
africanfootball.com//news/594711/Manchester-City-scouts-watch-Ademola-Lookman
[/b]

I wish City can give this kid a little more time to mature in his game at Charlton where he is sure of plenty of game time. No vacancy for another young Nigerian in dat City attack for now. He needs game time at this age and nt bench warming.

Another rival to Osimhen and Awoniyi in d next U20 team.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:06pm On Dec 20, 2015
Icon4s:

I wish City can give this kid a little more time to mature in his game at Charlton where he is sure of plenty of game time. No vacancy for another young Nigerian in dat City attack for now. He needs game time at this age and nt bench warming.

Another rival to Osimhen and Awoniyi in d next U20 team.

Good observation Sir.
How I wish you ended it up by saying........... "so that what happened to Victor Moses will not happen to him"

I don't really know if most of these Clubs rush on most of these youngsters, so as not to miss out on their chase. If you know there would be no space for a young and inexperienced talent, why bother him or her in the first place?

Better still they can acquire his rights and then loan him to a Club with similar playing philosophy.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Tunisian club offers $1.2m for Etebo
[/size]
An unnamed top Tunisian club has tabled a $1.2 million bid for Nigeria U-23 midfielder, Oghenekaro Etebo.

The midfielder’s club, Warri Wolves, has already placed a $2 million price tag on the player, africanFootball.com reports.

“An offer of a million dollars is on the table for the player and I have even met with the club here in Tunisia to discuss this,” Vincent Alumona, who is in Tunisia to finalise Kingsley Sokari’s transfer from Enyimba to Tunisia league leaders CS Sfaxien, told africanFootball.com.
“The player is willing to move should his club sanction it.”

There are now several young Nigeria stars featuring in Tunisia – Emem Eduok, Bernard Bulbwa (Esperance) and Junior Ajayi, Kingsley Sokari (CS Sfaxien) – which could be a better gateway to a career in Europe
Egyptian side Zamalek is also reportedly chasing Etebo.
thenationonlineng.net/tunisian-club-offers-1-2m-for-etebo/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Etebo Vows To Stay With Warri Wolves Despite Offers
[/size]

By Adesanya Taiwo:
Nigeria U-23s star striker,Oghenekaro Etebo, has disclosed that he is willing to remain at Warri Wolves despite interest from other clubsides both home and abroad.

The 2015 CAF U-23 Cup of Nations top scorer told Comple tesportsnigeria.com that his plan now is to help the Seasiders do well in the CAF Champions League and prepare for the Olympic Games in Brazil next year.

“I have read about different deals in the dalies and on the internet. But I want to keep it straight that I’m willing to stay here in Warri to help Wolves do well at the Champions League and also impress so as to have a look in for the 2016 Olympics.”

Nigeria, Algeria and South Africa will represent the continent at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/etebo-vows-to-stay-with-warri-wolves-despite-offers/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Premier League target Victor Osimhen confirms talks with VfL Wolfsburg this week
[/size]
The Nigerian has been heavily linked with Tottenham Hotspur.

Last month saw Tottenham Hotspur heavily linked with the signature of young Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen. It was reported by Spanish publication AS that the deal was done and that Tottenham had secured the services of this precocious talent.

It now appears that those reports were a little premature, with his agent insisting no deal was yet agreed, which will leave many a Spurs fan disappointed.

Osimhen was the star at the recent FIFA Under-17 World Cup as his side won the competition. He scored a whopping 10 goals at the competition in just seven appearances - including against Mali in the final.

He has now recently helped Nigeria to Under-23 African Nations Cup glory and seemed to be on his way to England to secure a Premier League switch.

But VfL Wolfsburg have also spoken to him this week, throwing a spanner in Tottenham's works.

As reported on Fussball Transfers, the teenager's representatives have spoken to Wolfsburg and again confirmed no deal over his future had yet been met with any club.

The player himself has in fact visited the club, with Fussball Transfers quoting him as saying:
"I have not yet been signed. I'm just here to see the conditions, which I find really good.
Everything else is in the hands of my advisers."
www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/12/19/premier-league-target-victor-osimhen-confirms-talks-with-vfl-wol/
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
Icon4s:
Will Falcao and Dzeko be part of our U23 set up? Guys this thread is for our Olympic team.
The 2 of u can create another thread to discuss Falcao and Dzeko if u so like . smiley
Enough jare.

To: forgiveness and TheGoodJoe
cc: Me.

OK na.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
Icon4s:
Well, all these Mikel argument by all parties involved is still all abt whether he should b included in the Olympic team right? My take on the issue is if Siasia wants to invite Mikel we still also need Onazi in d DMF. Mikel and Onazi midfield partnership has proven d best for the Super Eagles for d past 3yrs. For the other Over-aged player I would want a Central Defender, with Ambrose as my first choice. Kenneth Omeruo is U23 & can partner well with Ambrose in d centre of the defense. The best available U23 players can man d right and left backs positions.

We dnt need Ighalo and Musa in that team.

Cc: forgiveness, TheGoodJoe, Safarigirl, Tomtoxic, all other parties in d Mikel argument.
my choice 3 over aged players for the Olympics will be ambrose for defense onazi for midfield and obagoal for attack.
I didn't add Carl ikeme cuz I feel the Olympic keeper deserves his spot and choosing obagoal ahead of ighalo is because he is more experienced and defenders at this stage could be vulnerable.
but again I feel if success the beast is released for rio den our strike wouldn't need an over aged player then the slot should be given to a defender say omeruo/oboabona/balogun having 2 over aged defenders will give us peace of mind as the defense was d worst part of the team in the previous tournament.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 3:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
Icon4s:
Well, all these Mikel argument by all parties involved is still all abt whether he should b included in the Olympic team right? My take on the issue is if Siasia wants to invite Mikel we still also need Onazi in d DMF. Mikel and Onazi midfield partnership has proven d best for the Super Eagles for d past 3yrs. For the other Over-aged player I would want a Central Defender, with Ambrose as my first choice. Kenneth Omeruo is U23 & can partner well with Ambrose in d centre of the defense. The best available U23 players can man d right and left backs positions.

We dnt need Ighalo and Musa in that team.

Cc: forgiveness, TheGoodJoe, Safarigirl, Tomtoxic, all other parties in d Mikel argument.

Yes, we need Onazi because we are building future Super Eagles but I don't think we need Ambrose. He's not exceptional at all to deserve a place in that team.

Apparently, we need at least one experienced striker and a defender. That's my take on this issue.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
forgiveness:

Yes, we need Onazi because we are building future Super Eagles but I don't think we need Ambrose. He's not exceptional at all to deserve a place in that team.

Apparently, we need at least one experience striker and a defender. That's my take on this issue.

So which experienced defender would u recommend?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
Tomtoxic:

my choice 3 over aged players for the Olympics will be ambrose for defense onazi for midfield and obagoal for attack.
I didn't add Carl ikeme cuz I feel the Olympic keeper deserves his spot and choosing obagoal ahead of ighalo is because he is more experienced and defenders at this stage could be vulnerable.
but again I feel if success the beast is released for rio den our strike wouldn't need an over aged player then the slot should be given to a defender say omeruo/oboabona/balogun having 2 over aged defenders will give us peace of mind as the defense was d worst part of the team in the previous tournament.

Well, I agree with u that if Success is in dat team then we dnt need an experienced striker.

If we must get an experienced striker then it should b Ighalo to me. He still has more years in d Super Eagles. He is in a better form than Martins and may jst b our main striker for Russia 2018.

Omeruo is U23.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.