Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) (8230 Views)

What Has Dokpesi Done Wrong? / 4 Nigerians Killed In South Africa / What Has Nnewi Done Wrong, Your Excellency?: Open Letter To Governor Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 10:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
Jonathan this,jonathan that. WHAT IS IT THAT JONATHAN HAS ACTUALLY DONE WRONG? Why are we nigerians filled with much hate for our dear president? Jonathan is the best president so far since the independence of Nigeria. Among all the heads of states and presidents that ruled nigeria so far, who among them can compete against jonathan in times infrastructure,power,food security,transparency,good governance and all other sectors of the economy?. Do we know that Nigeria cleared its debt from the world bank during jonathan administration?, do we know that power is more steady in Nigeria during his administration?, do we know that the price of petroleum products was most stable in jonathans administration compared to the previous one?, do we know that nigeria became the largest economy in africa during jonathans administration?, do we know that we recorded so many victories in our sports uner Gej administration?. The things mr president has done for this country is unspeakable. If we say that jonathan is corrupt, then he would be a saint with respect to previous administrations. During obj administration there was a hike in the prices of petroleum products, the economy was in shambles, the naira kept loosing its value etc. But despite these facts no one opposed or lambasted him as many is doing to Gej. Simply because he was kept there by the north. Nigeria was in total darkness and debts during previous administrations but there was an improvement during Gej regime. Are we going to talk of federal roads that was built during Gejs administration? Do we know that our airports was raised to world standard during Gej regime? For those who has been to our airports will bear me witness. The question i am still asking is "what on earth has jonathan done wrong on this country?". Lets move to the political arena. Corruption is at every nook and crany of the country, agreed. But to say that PDP is corrupt and that APC is not or less is a hypocritical statement because not less than 50% of APC members are from PDP. I am not here to render any political support to any party but i must say the truth that the north and the APC is playing politics of bitterness. I woke up one morning only to hear from my television that jonathan just commissioned a 100bn project at the insurgence ravished north east. I was very amazed and suprised. Jonathan has done a lot for the north in terms of federal projects. I can not arguably say that over 70 to 80% of the federal project commissioned by the president is at the north. Jonathan is working, only at the north, i have not felt the impact of federal projects here in the east. The only thing i know that jonathan has done for the east is the making of enugu airport an international one, the so called(which am not sure) second Niger bridge and the appointment of some igbos as key ministers which the general populace of igbos is not benefiting from. The only good thing we igbos has benefitted from jonathan since his ascention to the throne of presidency is that our goods are no longer seized by yorubas at the lagos wolf, under the disguise of contra-ban goods which are later found at the market but this time in the hands of yorubas traders who bought the "expensive igbo goods" at give away price from their fellow yoruba high ranking custom officials. Apart from these, there is no meaningful thing igbos has benefited from Gej administration. But at the side of the north countless roads, dams, irrigation projects, airports, school, infrastructures etc has been built for them by Gej. Not Everybody at otuoke and the entire ss,se and sw has gone to school but gej took the pains to educate the illiterate almajiris, provide fertilisers,improved seeds and farm machines to them for their agricultural devpt. Yet the north has still vowed never to see him at 2015. Am not suprised since they said that they are born to rule. Igbos are people that do not depend on governnent yet the are among the few most succesful ethnic group in Nigeria likewise the west. I think that the north should focus more on the development of their people educationally. Encourage hardwork among their people and not to play the politics of bitterness, vowing to hold power at the detriment of other at all cost. If any region should oppose the re-election of jonathan i think the south west is justified to do so. Because despite their support for him, he has not lived up to expectations to them. I blame Gej for wasting his 6yrs trying to please the north at the detriment of sw,se and ss. Under normal circumstances the whole south shouldnt vote Gej it should be the north that should do everything possible to vote him considering the various things he has done for them. But yet the have accused him of a lot of things he is innocent of. I will describe the action of northern politicians opposing Gej as "INGRATES". Do we know that if you tell those accusing Gej to say what he has done wrong, none of them can present something tangible?. Please, have we ever heared that Gej has illegally looted of any money from the nations coffers? But it is on record that Buhari was not probed for the missing oil $2.8bn when he was the minister of petroleum. So what happend to that money?. Or have we forgotten about his religious and tribal speech? To the supporters of buhari, if you say that you want to vote Gej out based on corruption or on the basis of being tribal or religious then you are a hypocrite, this is because Gej is a saint if the sins of buhari are counted, Pls anybody can quote me wrong on this. I am not to be anti buhari but i want we nigerians to be honest on our resons of voting. If we say that Gej is corrupt then please feel free to present your evidence. I think that the problem with we nigerians is that we have been blinded by tribal and religious sentiments. I think that the only sin jonathan has committed is that he is not a northerner! This write up is written to address people who are opposing the good regime of Gej. So i want people who think that Gej should be voted out to present their tangible reasons or propose a better candidate and why the candidate is better. So present your cases especially the aggrieved northerners lets debate on it! FOR NIGERIANS AND IGNORANT NAIRALANDERS MUST BE TOLD THE TRUTH!

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
How much? Just say the truth cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 11:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
please i want to know the sins of jonthan,if there is any,from my fellow nigerians. We would observe that none of these APC warriors post in this thread simply because everything i just said is true! Watch out and see

2 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 11:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
IdiAmin1:
How much? Just say the truth cheesy
lolz. i know that you think that i am an internet warrior.But i am not. I only want to tell we nigerians the truth nothing else.

7 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by Mogidi: 11:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
Its the born to rule mentality.

12 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by ayoola2002(m): 11:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
He encourage corruption.
Oduagate, Daniel, Fayose nd many more, he fail to prosecute them.

14 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by russello: 12:52am On Oct 22, 2014
^^^^^
Whose job is it to prosecute "perceived" corrupt individual?

Btw, the mode of operation in the military era is totally at variance with the mode of operation in a democratic settings.

In military rule, one man (head of state) call the shots.
In a democratic rule, institutions defines everything.

Weak institutions = weak democracy
Strong institutions = strong democracy

The west seeks to build their democratic institutions while africans looks for an imaginary messiah in one man to bring about the needed change and enjoy the benefits of democracy.

No one single man can give you that desired strong and beautiful democracy if the institutions are weak.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by AMvanquish: 12:56am On Oct 22, 2014
Well, Efcc is now redundant. A shadow of it used to be.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by davo3286: 1:54am On Oct 22, 2014
GEJ has done nothing wrong absolutely. He is a true democrat. Someone here said it's because he encourages corruption. How?! A man is clean, free from and not guilty of anything unless proven otherwise by a competent court, remember!? He also said because GEJ has failed to prosecute perceived corrupt officials and I ask, is he the court!? We are in democracy, remember!? It's funny when some people (most annoyingly educated ones) think it's GEJ's job to prosecute perceived corrupt officials. Why then do we have courts and anti-graft agencies? Talking about corrupt government officials. Do you know that the level of financial corruption going on at the state (governors and commissioners) level is far more than that at the federal? Reason being that we are less concerned about how our various state governments spend our state funds and so it's free for all amongst them.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by vicadex07(m): 2:02am On Oct 22, 2014
The recent death of Alamieseigha's son brought to light another deficiency of this administration. Months back before now, a mother cried out to the federal government to help in investigating and prosecuting the circumstances surrounding the death of her son in dubai. For where. Alams son died in similar circumstances and immediately Jona took it upon himself to make sure the case was thoughroughly investigated.

Also I could not believe it took Jonathan almost a year to resolve the not so long ago ASUU strike. The doctors were not also left out and during all these he genuinely seemed not to bother. Like it was a desperate attempt just to Ignore them even at the detriment of the students and in the heat of the Ebola pandemic. It was during that period that Ngozi Iweala made an Infamous speech that Nigeria was "broke". I think I just read an article on frontpage recently where this same woman denied Nigeria being broke. Which one should we believe now

JonaTAN is deaf and dumb. He never hears the cry of the masses; only the cheers of the
sycophants surrounding him is audible to the otueke clown. Can you Imagine a president that decides the best new year gift is a 200% increase in fuel pumping price. It is in Jonathans administration that I will first hear the word subsidy. Upon all the subsidy noise and struggle, what was done about the thieves caught, the money recovered and the money being generated after subsidy was partially removed. Well I believe the whole plan was orchestrated just to divert money from a certain group of cabals to another group at the expense of the masses.

JonaTAN is wicked. JonaTAN in evil. JonaTAN is saTAN.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by davo3286: 2:17am On Oct 22, 2014
ayoola2002:
He encourage corruption.
Oduagate, Daniel, Fayose nd many more, he fail to prosecute them.

How can you say a thing like that?! Is GEJ the courts? That's why we have the judiciary as one of the arms of government. You don't expect the executive to do the job of the judiciary. Those individuals you mention are only perceived to be corrupt. They are not corrupt or rather guilty in the eyes of the law court so they are free as air. Even though we feel they should be nailed, but hey that's democracy for you. It might take a very long time. That's democracy for you...full of bureaucratic bottlenecks.

4 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 2:47am On Oct 22, 2014
vicadex07:
The recent death of Alamieseigha's son brought to light another deficiency of this administration. Months back before the recent one, a mother cried out to the federal government to help in investigating and prosecuting the circumstances surrounding the death of her son in dubai. For where. Alams son died in similar circumstances and immediately Jona took it upon himself to make sure the case was thoughroughly investigated.

Also I could not believe it took Jonathan almost a year to resolve the not so long ago ASUU strike. The doctors were not also left out and during all these he genuinely seemed not to bother. Like it was a desperate attempt just to Ignore them. It was during that period that Ngozi Iweala made that Infamous speech that Nigeria was "broke". I think I just read something on frontpage recently where she denied Nigeria being broke. Which one should we believe now

JonaTAN is deaf and dumb. He never hears the cry of the masses; only the cheers of the
sycophants surrounding him is audible to the otueke clown. Can you Imagine a president that decides the best new year gift is a 200% increase in fuel pumping price. It is in Jonathans administration that I will first hear the word subsidy. Upon all the subsidy noise and struggle, what was done about the thieves caught, the money recovered and the money being generated after subsidy was partially removed. Well I believe the whole plan was orchestrated just to divert money from a certain group of cabals to another group at the expense of the masses.

If not for freedom of speech i would have labelled your post as "foolish and ignorant". Is jonathan the nigerian ambassador to dubai? Do you know that hundreds of Nigerian was killed at togo,benin and ghana during obasanjo regime but he did totally nothing? Or have you forgotten that he responded to the killing of Nigerians at CAR quickly by making provision for evacuation? The problem you have is that you expect the president to do everything which is practically impossible. Such jobs should be done by ambassadors not presidents. You must be very ignorant if you dont know about subsidy before jonathans administration. During the previous administrations especially that of obj didnt you witness the continous rise and fall in petroleum products price? Or have you forgotten that Gej is the only person that stabilised petrol price to #65 per litter for over a year? And that is the first in the history of the country. Do you know that even if Nigerians by fuel at the rate of 150 per litter we are still the cheapest in the world? Do it ever occur to you why so many nigerians hoard and smuggle oil to other countries? That is because of the price difference! I am a beneficiary of sure_p. The hospital at my village was built by sure_p including bore holes etc. Even here in Aba i have seen a lot of projects embarked upon by sure_p. So what looting and corruption are you linking the money recovered from subsidy with? As for me sure_p has lived to its expectations. Have you also forgotten previous administration when the students went on strike to the extent that they started to protest? Is this current administration the first to witness such strike? Or have you forgotten that every money in the nation is budgeted before disburstment? So where on earth do you expect the FG to get money to suit their needs? So you want the FG to start spending recklessly, and when the go bankrupt you will start shouting "where is our money?" you Will even start blaming the FG on poor management pratice. So my brother, i have come to the conclusion of the fact that you are either ignorant, an e_warrior,tribalistic,religious or filled with so much hate for our hardworking president. So please stop spreading your malware to ignorant nigerians

18 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by vicadex07(m): 3:10am On Oct 22, 2014
explorer250:
If not for freedom of speech i would have labelled your post as "foolish and ignorant". Is jonathan the nigerian ambassador to dubai? Do you know that hundreds of Nigerian was killed at togo,benin and ghana during obasanjo regime but he did totally nothing? Or have you forgotten that he responded to the killing of Nigerians at CAR quickly by making provision for evacuation? The problem you have is that you expect the president to do everything which is practically impossible. Such jobs should be done by ambassadors not presidents. You must be very ignorant if you dont know about subsidy before jonathans administration. During the previous administrations especially that of obj didnt you witness the continous rise and fall in petroleum products price? Or have you forgotten that Gej is the only person that stabilised petrol price to #65 per litter for over a year? And that is the first in the history of the country. Do you know that even if Nigerians by fuel at the rate of 150 per litter we are still the cheapest in the world? Do it ever occur to you why so many nigerians hoard and smuggle oil to other countries? That is because of the price difference! I am a beneficiary of sure_p. The hospital at my village was built by sure_p including bore holes etc. Even here in Aba i have seen a lot of projects embarked upon by sure_p. So what looting and corruption are you linking the money recovered from subsidy with? As for me sure_p has lived to its expectations. Have you also forgotten previous administration when the students went on strike to the extent that they started to protest? Is this current administration the first to witness such strike? Or have you forgotten that every money in the nation is budgeted before disburstment? So where on earth do you expect the FG to get money to suit their needs? So you want the FG to start spending recklessly, and when the go bankrupt you will start shouting "where is our money?" you Will even start blaming the FG on poor management pratice. So my brother, i have come to the conclusion of the fact that you are either ignorant, an e_warrior,tribalistic,religious or filled with so much hate for our hardworking president. So please stop spreading your malware to ignorant nigerians

The general theme I noticed in your message is "was it also not the same thing in previous administration?". If it was done in previous administration and they were booted out, why shouldn't we also boot out jonathan since he has decided not to achieve anything spectacular? Nigerians are not satisfied. Truth be told, If a politician performs well above expectation, people will know. Fashola is an example especially during his first term as Lagos governor. He seems to have relaxed now but then, everyone was rooting for him

15 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:57am On Oct 22, 2014
explorer250:
Jonathan this,jonathan that. WHAT IS IT THAT JONATHAN HAS ACTUALLY DONE WRONG? Why are we nigerians filled with much hate for our dear president? Jonathan is the best president so far since the independence of Nigeria. Among all the heads of states and presidents that ruled nigeria so far, who among them can compete against jonathan in times infrastructure,power,food security,transparency,good governance and all other sectors of the economy?. Do we know that Nigeria cleared its debt from the world bank during jonathan administration?, do we know that power is more steady in Nigeria during his administration?, do we know that the price of petroleum products was most stable in jonathans administration compared to the previous
You need to stop doing drugs.

8 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by wanimo: 6:44am On Oct 22, 2014
AMvanquish:
Well, Efcc is now redundant. A shadow of it used to be.
i hope u remember when every one said that the EFCC was an attck dog of the government. Then it was very active. Do u remember that Obasanjo proposed a 22year jail term and both the senate and the house of Reps killed it and voted just 2year for any convicted corrupt govt official because all of them were guilty. Do u know that the EFCC has made more convinctions under the current administration than any other. I dream of a country with a vibrant opposition that will critisize the. Ruling govt with the good of Nigeria at heart not what we currently have...an opposition of desperados, bitterness and hatred. Any PDP membe who gets desperate for power quickly joins the APC. The PDP as a party is evil but the APC as an opposition party is deadly, wicked and devilish. I only wish Nigerians can be wise enough to start voting individuals and never political party.

5 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by XketchDesigns(m): 7:21am On Oct 22, 2014
How much ignorance can you display trying to paint this very black man white?

Is he the ambassador to UAE?? Are you for real?
Whose job is it to prosecute "perceived" corrupt individual? Are you serious??

Is he not their boss? Is it not his job to make sure they are doing the right thing?

Why did he fire SLS, was it not apparently because he was not carrying out his duties? Why has he asked about 4 heads of NNPC?
Abi does people are different for the ambassador to UAE and the rest?

Grow a conscience and stop supporting evil.

8 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by lyntiffany(f): 7:22am On Oct 22, 2014
vicadex07:
The recent death of Alamieseigha's son brought to light another deficiency of this administration. Months back before now, a mother cried out to the federal government to help in investigating and prosecuting the circumstances surrounding the death of her son in dubai. For where. Alams son died in similar circumstances and immediately Jona took it upon himself to make sure the case was thoughroughly investigated.

Also I could not believe it took Jonathan almost a year to resolve the not so long ago ASUU strike. The doctors were not also left out and during all these he genuinely seemed not to bother. Like it was a desperate attempt just to Ignore them even at the detriment of the students and in the heat of the Ebola pandemic. It was during that period that Ngozi Iweala made an Infamous speech that Nigeria was "broke". I think I just read an article on frontpage recently where this same woman denied Nigeria being broke. Which one should we believe now

And there was no ASUU strike during Obj's tenure? Could remember incessant massive strike he din't heed to that made him say " no work no pay" after what seems like ages. Talking about petroleum there is always constant increase in fuel price mostly end of the year still during his tenure, these things are so fresh on my memory or do we talk abt the hike in the price of kerosene too, the long cue at filling stations. The problem with Nigerians is that we easily forget things. Do we talk about babas handshake to our sports team,pls they are numerous can't mention all. Take it or you leave it Jonathan has done well.

4 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by lyntiffany(f): 7:37am On Oct 22, 2014
XketchDesigns:
How much ignorance can you display trying to paint this very black man white?

Is he the ambassador to UAE?? Are you for real?
Whose job is it to prosecute "perceived" corrupt individual? Are you serious??

Is he not their boss? Is it not his job to make sure they are doing the right thing?

Why did he fire SLS, was it not apparently because he was not carrying out his duties? Why has he asked about 4 heads of NNPC?
Abi does people are different for the ambassador to UAE and the rest?

Grow a conscience and stop supporting evil.
why then do we have different arms of government? just wait he is your slave boy he will do that for you kid undecided

3 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 7:46am On Oct 22, 2014
vicadex07:

The general theme I noticed in your message is "was it also not the same thing in previous administration?". If it was done in previous administration and they were booted out, why shouldn't we also boot out jonathan since he has decided not to achieve anything spectacular? Nigerians are not satisfied. Truth be told, If a politician performs well above expectation, people will know. Fashola is an example especially during his first term as Lagos governor. He seems to have relaxed now but then, everyone was rooting for him
I dont know if you read my main post. If you didnt pls try to. My theme is not what you said but my problem is those oppossing jonathan cannot bring to table any tangible thing he has done wrong!. I can stand and vouch that Gej is the best president of this country since its founding. Gej has worked beyond doubt any president or head of state of this country. Do you know that no state in Nigeria has less than two power plants?. Here in Aba, a transformer is deposited for only two houses and thousands of them has been deployed already. I dont know if you have been to our airport these days and see for yourself what they have been transformed into. Just to mention a few. Please dont tell us that fashola is working that hard. Ask lagosians, they will tell you. Do you know that lagos has a monthly IGR of 29bn and fed alloc of 19bn? If governors like okorocha or akpabio is given such money then you will call fashola a criminal because of ground breaking achievements they will make with such money. Tinubu is the God father of fashola, and you cannot tell me that both of them are not looting because they are still at peace. Do you know that fashola companies charge billions of naira to build roads which other companies will charge less on, but the irony is that it is these fashola companies that gets the road contracts. Pls stp painting him saint.

4 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by XketchDesigns(m): 8:10am On Oct 22, 2014
with a reply like that it is pointless indulging in a conversation with you.

If truly you believe in GEJ, then il have one prayer for you. May your household and affairs be ran like how GEJ runs the affairs if nigeria. The leadership GEJ give to Nigerians, May your household also be lead by such leadership.
Say amen, or remain a hypocrite forever.

10 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by 9jatriot(m): 8:18am On Oct 22, 2014
Did I just see a line up there saying debts were cleared by GEJ. Make I go wear my glasses.

If as you say he is now hated. Then the people have spoken, why try to force him down our throat then!!!

7 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by ahaika23: 8:20am On Oct 22, 2014
XketchDesigns:

If truly you believe in GEJ, then il have one prayer for you. May your household and affairs be ran like how GEJ runs the affairs if nigeria. The leadership GEJ give to Nigerians, May your household also be lead by such leadership.
. We are happy with such great prayer, AMEN. May my life be run like how GEJ runs my beloved country. Now say amen to my prayer, may your life be run like how borno state is run by APC and their agents. Oya halla AMEN.

6 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 8:21am On Oct 22, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Why are you so bitter about the truth?. What is wrong with my reply? Absolutely nothng!. I have said this earlier none of people like you can bring to table what actually Gej has done wrong. I will say amen to your request only when you tell me a better alternative to Gej.

4 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by ahaika23: 8:24am On Oct 22, 2014
9jatriot:
Did I just see a line up there saying debts were cleared by GEJ. Make I go wear my glasses.

If as you say he is now hated. Then the people have spoken, why try to force him down our throat then!!!
'the people' refers to a section of tribal and religious champions. No one is forcing nothing, just say why the hate then carry on with it.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by 9jatriot(m): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2014
ahaika23:
'the people' refers to a section of tribal and religious champions. No one is forcing nothing, just say why the hate then carry on with it.

Ok I will listen to your advise and stick to the topic.

Some of the major reasons why he is now hated by a lot of people is that people thought he would be on their side and not against them, that did not happen. Another is the act that blatant lies are usually being repeated with the hope that people would come to accept it as truth, but he seems to forget that people see things as they happen. For example you can not tell a man who lives close to the rail way that trains are working, when the number of trains that pass has not significantly increased. Taking an extract from your write up, that highlighted one actually made me laugh. Verifiable lies like this obvious one are not necessary.

Moreover, if people say PDP has failed and in your write up you actually confirms that Obj failed, then their summation on GEJ may also be correct and should be respected.

Jonathan this,jonathan that. WHAT IS IT THAT JONATHAN HAS ACTUALLY DONE WRONG? Why are we nigerians filled with much hate for our dear president? Jonathan is the best president so far since the independence of Nigeria. Among all the heads of states and presidents that ruled nigeria so far, who among them can compete against jonathan in times infrastructure,power,food security,transparency,good governance and all other sectors of the economy?. Do we know that Nigeria cleared its debt from the world bank during jonathan administration?, do we know that power is more steady in Nigeria during his administration?, do we know that the price of petroleum products was most stable in jonathans administration compared to the previous one?, do we know that nigeria became the largest economy in africa during jonathans administration?, do we know that we recorded so many victories in our sports uner Gej administration?.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by omoharry(f): 8:39am On Oct 22, 2014
wait ooo! sey all the APC e warriors cannot even bring out any tangible evidence against President Jona .This is really a show of their hatred for presido for just the fact that APC want power by all means. na waoo. this is really politics of bitterness.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by XketchDesigns(m): 8:40am On Oct 22, 2014
grin grinShe couldn't say amen grin

That prayer has nothing to do with an alternative.

But since you insist here is one
“if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. 4 years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I
cannot do anything even if I am there for the next 4 years.” Jonathan said this while interacting with diplomats of the UN Economic Commission for Africa

Just 2 days ago we had a topic on FP, lost 1000 now generation is at 2500.

5 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 9:00am On Oct 22, 2014
9jatriot:

Ok I will listen to your advise and stick to the topic.

Some of the major reasons why he is now hated by a lot of people is that people thought he would be on their side and not against them, that did not happen. Another is the act that blatant lies are usually being repeated with the hope that people would come to accept it as truth, but he seems to forget that people see things as they happen. For example you can not tell a man who lives close to the rail way that trains are working, when the number of trains that pass has not significantly increased. Taking an extract from your write up, that highlighted one actually made me laugh. Verifiable lies like this obvious one are not necessary.

Moreover, if people say PDP has failed and in your write up you actually confirms that Obj failed, then their summation on GEJ may also be correct and should be respected.

Guy what you are saying is totally out of context. At least google should be your friend if the social media is not. No country on earth has cleared all of its debt from the world bank or imf but during Gej administration most of the debts were cleared, our foreign exchange rised etc. So what is there to lie about? Do you want Gej to side with one part of the country and ignore other parts? Are these your tangible reason that made Gej a bad leader? Even obama himself has flaws you cant expect Gej to be perfect. We should vote based on individual achievements not on parties. If you condem PDP then how can you forget that majority of "the saint" APC are former PDP members. In conclusion you have no tangible point to make

6 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by agabusta: 9:04am On Oct 22, 2014
explorer250:
Jonathan this,jonathan that. WHAT IS IT THAT JONATHAN HAS ACTUALLY DONE WRONG? Why are we nigerians filled with much hate for our dear president? Jonathan is the best president so far since the independence of Nigeria. Among all the heads of states and presidents that ruled nigeria so far, who among them can compete against jonathan in times infrastructure,power,food security,transparency,good governance and all other sectors of the economy?. Do we know that Nigeria cleared its debt from the world bank during jonathan administration?, do we know that power is more steady in Nigeria during his administration?, do we know that the price of petroleum products was most stable in jonathans administration compared to the previous one?, do we know that nigeria became the largest economy in africa during jonathans administration?, do we know that we recorded so many victories in our sports uner Gej administration?. The things mr president has done for this country is unspeakable. If we say that jonathan is corrupt, then he would be a saint with respect to previous administrations. During obj administration there was a hike in the prices of petroleum products, the economy was in shambles, the naira kept loosing its value etc. But despite these facts no one opposed or lambasted him as many is doing to Gej. Simply because he was kept there by the north. Nigeria was in total darkness and debts during previous administrations but there was an improvement during Gej regime. Are we going to talk of federal roads that was built during Gejs administration? Do we know that our airports was raised to world standard during Gej regime? For those who has been to our airports will bear me witness. The question i am still asking is "what on earth has jonathan done wrong on this country?". Lets move to the political arena. Corruption is at every nook and crany of the country, agreed. But to say that PDP is corrupt and that APC is not or less is a hypocritical statement because not less than 50% of APC members are from PDP. I am not here to render any political support to any party but i must say the truth that the north and the APC is playing politics of bitterness. I woke up one morning only to hear from my television that jonathan just commissioned a 100bn project at the insurgence ravished north east. I was very amazed and suprised. Jonathan has done a lot for the north in terms of federal projects. I can not arguably say that over 70 to 80% of the federal project commissioned by the president is at the north. Jonathan is working, only at the north, i have not felt the impact of federal projects here in the east. The only thing i know that jonathan has done for the east is the making of enugu airport an international one, the so called(which am not sure) second Niger bridge and the appointment of some igbos as key ministers which the general populace of igbos is not benefiting from. The only good thing we igbos has benefitted from jonathan since his ascention to the throne of presidency is that our goods are no longer seized by yorubas at the lagos wolf, under the disguise of contra-ban goods which are later found at the market but this time in the hands of yorubas traders who bought the "expensive igbo goods" at give away price from their fellow yoruba high ranking custom officials. Apart from these, there is no meaningful thing igbos has benefited from Gej administration. But at the side of the north countless roads, dams, irrigation projects, airports, school, infrastructures etc has been built for them by Gej. Not Everybody at otuoke and the entire ss,se and sw has gone to school but gej took the pains to educate the illiterate almajiris, provide fertilisers,improved seeds and farm machines to them for their agricultural devpt. Yet the north has still vowed never to see him at 2015. Am not suprised since they said that they are born to rule. Igbos are people that do not depend on governnent yet the are among the few most succesful ethnic group in Nigeria likewise the west. I think that the north should focus more on the development of their people educationally. Encourage hardwork among their people and not to play the politics of bitterness, vowing to hold power at the detriment of other at all cost. If any region should oppose the re-election of jonathan i think the south west is justified to do so. Because despite their support for him, he has not lived up to expectations to them. I blame Gej for wasting his 6yrs trying to please the north at the detriment of sw,se and ss. Under normal circumstances the whole south shouldnt vote Gej it should be the north that should do everything possible to vote him considering the various things he has done for them. But yet the have accused him of a lot of things he is innocent of. I will describe the action of northern politicians opposing Gej as "INGRATES". Do we know that if you tell those accusing Gej to say what he has done wrong, none of them can present something tangible?. Please, have we ever heared that Gej has illegally looted of any money from the nations coffers? But it is on record that Buhari was not probed for the missing oil $2.8bn when he was the minister of petroleum. So what happend to that money?. Or have we forgotten about his religious and tribal speech? To the supporters of buhari, if you say that you want to vote Gej out based on corruption or on the basis of being tribal or religious then you are a hypocrite, this is because Gej is a saint if the sins of buhari are counted, Pls anybody can quote me wrong on this. I am not to be anti buhari but i want we nigerians to be honest on our resons of voting. If we say that Gej is corrupt then please feel free to present your evidence. I think that the problem with we nigerians is that we have been blinded by tribal and religious sentiments. I think that the only sin jonathan has committed is that he is not a northerner! This write up is written to address people who are opposing the good regime of Gej. So i want people who think that Gej should be voted out to present their tangible reasons or propose a better candidate and why the candidate is better. So present your cases especially the aggrieved northerners lets debate on it! FOR NIGERIANS AND IGNORANT NAIRALANDERS MUST BE TOLD THE TRUTH!

We dont hate him! get that into your thick skull. But we hate the way he has been governing this country. Poverty and lack is on the increase while there is no noticeable change between now and when he took over like 5 years ago. All they are doing is churning out fake statistics that does not affect the life of the common people.

Why are you people going about lamenting that GEJ is hated? Are you trying to stir up sentiments for him?

We dont hate him, but we are voting him out come Feb 2015 because of his abysmally low performance!

12 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by PassingShot(m): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2014
OP, please learn how to space your writing with paragraphs in order to safe us from this torment of reading through your epistle.

@ the topic, GEJ is simply not competent to rule Nigeria for many reasons:

1. Corruption in this magnitude and form had never been witnessed in Nigeria before him

2. GEJ says "stealing is not corruption" and you still expect me to vote for him.

3. Stella Oduah's case

4. Farook Lawan's case

5. Oil subsidy scam

6. Boko haram sponsors wine and dine with GEJ

7. Epileptic power supply

8. Unemployment continues to rise

9. He sees himsel as a faction leader of the SS and SE

plus many more I can't even remember now.

12 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by explorer250(m): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2014
XketchDesigns:

“if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. 4 years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I
cannot do anything even if I am there for the next 4 years.” Jonathan said this while interacting with diplomats of the UN Economic Commission for Africa

is he the one that vandalised the pipelines that caused the drop? I will say amen a hundred times. But may your house hold be ran as buhari and obasanjo ran this nation. Including the hanging of citizens and the wiping out of a community! Pls help me say amen with that, keeping silent or not replying simply means that you are an e_warrior. Guy you also know that you wont be voted into power come 2015. America did not achieve 24 hour constant power supply within 4 years not even 10 years. No country on earth did that. Achieving stable power is a contenous responsibility in such a way that every administration contributes its own quota and leaves the rest for the upcoming. Our late president yaradua is the only president that tried to make significant achievement on power sector. The previous regime including obj and the military did not put significant interest in it. So do you expect jonathan to do magic and give you 24 hour power within four years? Pls lets stop to be hypocritical. Hating mr president will only cause you high bp when he rules you again at 2015.

5 Likes

Re: Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) by Tintinix: 9:39am On Oct 22, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Please to whose advantage is it that Gas lines that cannot be harvested or the product stored to resell are vandalized?
The hope being that before repairs and stabilization of the grid takes place, those experiencing near steady ( of which I am one) power supply not be disgruntle again but i am not deceived.

Please leave matters.

go to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1959085/power-generation-drops-1000mw-due/7 and see how people are so joyful in hearing that power has dropped by 1000mw, all because it'd portray the government in a bad light.

Infact they would have wished ebola did more harm so that it'd have been GEJ's fault, else it is up Fashola!

I totally agree with you @explorer250, even with the over investment in the North! More than their own kin had done for them, to keep them in perceptual servitude so they don't know the truth for themselves.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities / Population Outgrows Economy Amid Rising Dependants, Misery / We’ll Consult Wide Before Approving ECOWAS-EU Free Trade Deal—buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.