Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (75261 Views)

Poll: Should Arsene be fired if Arsenal does not win anything this season?

Yes: 37% (56 votes)
No: 53% (79 votes)
Undecided: 9% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2009
Burnley are schooling Tottenham 3-0

Extra Time and if it stay the same. Burnley go through
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2009
chamotex:

Burnley are schooling Tottenham 3-0

Extra Time and if it stay the same. Burnley go through

This is an Arsenal thread mister! angry cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2009
Kai!!!

Tottenham are truly a shyte club!  grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 10:41pm On Jan 21, 2009
debosky:

Kai!!!

Tottenham are truly a shyte club!  grin grin

Shut up. . . . . .The same Burnley disgraced y'all, CHELSEA and now SPURS!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by vicade(m): 10:42pm On Jan 21, 2009
~Sauron~:

Dont be Silly. Spurs are playing their first Team and Chelsea dont have a Second Team grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2009
~Sauron~:

Point of correction~Burnley played a second string Arsenal Side!

Fact~They would have been walloped if it was the Arsenal first team
smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 10:49pm On Jan 21, 2009
MrCrackles n Vicade,

Does it matter who plays??
Whether the first team or the 10th team, Wenger was on seat when BURNLEY raped y'all.
Scolari was in the technical area when BURNLEY raped em at SB.
Harry Redknapp(The English hope) is monitoring the events here and HE cannot salvage the massacre.
Y'all Londoners make me sick to me stomach.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:54pm On Jan 21, 2009
~Sauron~:

MrCrackles n Vicade,

Does it matter who plays??

Certainly does!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 11:02pm On Jan 21, 2009
MrCrackles:

This is an Arsenal thread mister! angry cheesy

Well, since the Spurs fan thread doesn't exist . . .seems like a grave yard over there, I had to come to their North London rivals. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by amarilo: 11:19pm On Jan 21, 2009
what the A$$s could not do Spurs has done it.
Shame on u all.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 1:49am On Jan 22, 2009
its seem more like the ARSHAVIN deal is almost crashing o0o embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 3:00am On Jan 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

Zenit's manager(privates Advocaat) is a shrewd businessman.
He would wait till the last minute before he gives in.
Letz face it, Arsenal need Arshavin more than Zenit.
Y'all tight-fisted twits should pay and save frail-hearts like Muki and A-40 before u send em to their early graves.

Don't mention my name and frail in the same sentence tongue tongue tongue

But seriously does Arsene have a Plan B?If he does not sign Arshavin what alternative plan does he have with only 9 days to go
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 3:53am On Jan 22, 2009
@A-40

Is the winning against HULL now,AW is thinking we can pull through w/o signing.

22.57 Russian schemer Andrei Arshavin has revealed he has been praying Zenit St Petersburg allow him to join Arsenal.Mke the club free the guy else i go send SANGO to them oo.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 4:07am On Jan 22, 2009
@follypimpi
That was my fear initially these wins have a way of blinding Arsene's eyes to reality and realizing they can not perform consistently at such level
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 8:05am On Jan 22, 2009
A-40:

@follypimpi
That was my fear initially these wins have a way of blinding Arsene's eyes to reality and realizing they can not perform consistently at such level

VERY TRUE. . .

Can any one here help me tell AW that we still need to play Man U at Old tradford and then L'pool at Anfield. . . this present players can't play them ESP if something happens now to Nasri or RVP/ADE . . . it would be disaster raise to power 2. embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:43am On Jan 22, 2009
Wenger wants to buy, but Zenit are being idiots.

This guy will be 28 in May, by November will be able to buy out his contract for £5m, so why should we pay £19m for him now??

The guy is still a risk - no one knows how quickly he'll get accustomed to the pace of the premiership, he is currently training again, so it may take till end of February at the earliest for him to be fit enough to play. With all these reasons, why would we cave into their demands? No other clubs are bidding for the guy, Inter and Juve pulled out (likely over the silly price).

As P Diddy Hill-Wood said, It's our last offer - if they don't want it, they should stick Arshavin in their pipeline and convert him to gas. angry tongue

Wenger has to be disciplined - he must spend wisely on a player while keeping the rest of the finances in check too.

Arsene is not blinded by anything, if he was, we wouldn't have increased our bid. The fact remains that there is no reason for us to be desperate for this player beyond £12m (rising to £15m with trophies).

On to other issues - seeing Jack Wilshire score goals like this is likely influencing AW's decision not to go crazy over some Russian. Granted he is still 17. . . but he's an exceptional talent nonetheless. cool

Arsene likely has other plans, that's why there's a 26th deadline on ending this chase for Arshavin so we can pursue other targets. I hope we can get this over as soon as possible so we can get our act together and focus on the rest of the season. tongue

Gunner 1965 tongue cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:59am On Jan 22, 2009
I am beginning to think this whole Arshavin saga has gone tits up! embarassed
We desperately need to strenghten, our chances of winning might not be bright
But we need to sign a couple of players, who will have from now to integrate into the rest of the team in readiness for next season!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:14am On Jan 22, 2009
@ Brash

What we really need is a CB and a DMF. The kind of players AW is looking for are likely not available at the moment, and I personally believe he wants to try out the existing players to the max (Diaby/Denilson for DMF Kolo, Djourou, Gallas for CB) and determine who is best and who he will get rid of.

Giving them till end of the season will let us know who is good enough to remain and who should be sold. Bringing anyone new might prevent us from seeing that clearly.

On the attacking midfield side, there is an urgent need to do something because Cesc. Rozzi and Walcott are out, AND Rozzi may not get back to his best for us again. Getting Arshavin at this moment would be a wise way to handle that - he's available, has quality and has won something.

For the other positions, I think it would be wise to wait, except if we can get a very good DMF right now (and sell SONG tongue)

Our chances of winning are bright, especially if our players continue to show the determination of the past 8 games. What has killed us most this season is that high performers from last season have not kept up their game. At this point last season, Gallas, Clichy, Ade and Cesc were unplayable. If Ade, Gallas and Clichy can recreate that form,with the improvements in Nasri, RVP and Djourou we've seen. . .we'll have an excellent chance even WITHOUT Arshavin. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 11:32am On Jan 22, 2009
Debosky
Good analysis bruv
and very true, we need an experienced muscular CB and DMF
This season, i still think it has all gone wrong from the start, we havnt been lucky and strong enough!
I will be surprised if we win a trophy to be honest but fingers crossed
AW needs to be astute with the signings and shouldnt be afraid to show under-performing/inconsistent players the door
The EPL is getting more competitive, and we need to keep up with that
A few years ago, we could have played a second string Arsenal side and mop up the available trophies but nowadays, that cant happen!!
undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 11:43am On Jan 22, 2009
SKYSPORTS:

8.15 The on-off Andrei Arshavin move to Arsenal gathers pace with Gunners chairman Peter Hill-Wood's exclamation that a bid has been lodged with Zenit and it's a 'take-it or leave-it' offer.

8.15 The on-off Andrei Arshavin move to Arsenal gathers pace with Gunners chairman Peter Hill-Wood's exclamation that a bid has been lodged with Zenit and it's a 'take-it or leave-it' offer.

GOAL.COM:

Andrei Arshavin's plight looks even more ridiculous after Manchester City's silly money bidding for Milan superstar Kaka. Here is a man at the peak of his powers desperate to move to Arsenal, who could really use his talents given their inconsistent form and their persistent injury woes.

However, the deal could well fall through for the sake of a few million euros.

The frustrated Russian, who has now endured two transfer windows filled with speculation and uncertainty, is now hoping that a higher power can sort out his transfer troubles.

The British media quote the Russian star as having said: "I see Arsenal as my team of the future, but everything now depends on Zenit. If they want to sell me, they can do it very quickly.

"My hopes now rest with God. Apart from him, nobody can help me."

Arshavin's agent Denis Lachter has been fairly negative and sceptical over the last couple of months, perhaps burned by the disappointments of the summer.

Last night, though, Zenit hinted that a deal with the Gunners is closer to being struck and more talks are expected today.

On his contentious transfer fee, Arshavin added: "Zenit have to think realistically. I believe Arsenal's offer is much closer to my real value in the transfer market at the moment, in these times of financial crisis."
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 11:48am On Jan 22, 2009
According to a report in the British broadsheet The Independent, Wenger is readying offers for West Ham United's English international centre-back Matthew Upson and Ivory Coast international midfielder Gervinho, who plays for French club Le Mans.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2009
debosky:

Wenger wants to buy, but Zenit are being idiots.

This guy will be 28 in May, by November will be able to buy out his contract for £5m, so why should we pay £19m for him now??

The guy is still a risk - no one knows how quickly he'll get accustomed to the pace of the premiership, he is currently training again, so it may take till end of February at the earliest for him to be fit enough to play. With all these reasons, why would we cave into their demands? No other clubs are bidding for the guy, Inter and Juve pulled out (likely over the silly price).

As P Diddy Hill-Wood said, It's our last offer - if they don't want it, they should stick Arshavin in their pipeline and convert him to gas. angry tongue

Wenger has to be disciplined - he must spend wisely on a player while keeping the rest of the finances in check too.

Arsene is not blinded by anything, if he was, we wouldn't have increased our bid. The fact remains that there is no reason for us to be desperate for this player beyond £12m (rising to £15m with trophies).

On to other issues - seeing Jack Wilshire score goals like this is likely influencing AW's decision not to go crazy over some Russian. Granted he is still 17. . . but he's an exceptional talent nonetheless. cool

Arsene likely has other plans, that's why there's a 26th deadline on ending this chase for Arshavin so we can pursue other targets. I hope we can get this over as soon as possible so we can get our act together and focus on the rest of the season. tongue

Gunner 1965 tongue cool
Debo na wah for you ooh!! grin grin

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22012009/58/la-liga-real-madrid-target-wenger.html
These Madridistas are nut-cases what on earth is Florentino Perez still doing sef? They might as well resurrect Santiago Bernabeu and make him club President cheesy cheesy

follypimpi:

According to a report in the British broadsheet The Independent, Wenger is readying offers for West Ham United's English international centre-back Matthew Upson and Ivory Coast international midfielder Gervinho, who plays for French club Le Mans.
Gervinho seems pretty good if anything i saw during the Olympics is anything to go by we might even be able to get him for the low same for Matthew Upson who would give us defensive cover
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2009
was that score there scored by Wilshere? or RVP?

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2009
I still maintain that you guys dont need him. How many times have you seen him play? Debo and family, I ask you, how many times have you seen play. He is good no doubt but not the best you can get. Take it or leave it.

If he was that goooddddddddd and you need him that bad, why is Hill-Wood making a take it or leave offer? becos he can buy out his contract?

Need I remind you of some players in europe who recently transfered to bigger clubs and for a large amount. They also had the option to buy out their contracts for lesser amount but clubs still paid big for them. Arsha is good but not that good. Take it or leave.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:14pm On Jan 22, 2009
FBS:

If he was that goooddddddddd and you need him that bad, why is Hill-Wood making a take it or leave offer? b[b]ecos he can buy out his contract? [/b]
You answered your own question - A player who can be bought for £5m in 8 months CANNOT be worth more than £12m right now. tongue

FBS:

I still maintain that you guys dont need him.[b] How many times have you seen him play? Debo and family, I ask you, how many times have you seen play. [/b]He is good no doubt but not the best you can get. Take it or leave it.
Dude I asked you a question a few pages back, let me repeat.

debosky:
You watch Arshavin week in week out? cheesy

Finally someone who watches the Russian league! cheesy I've always wanted to know one thing - how does Arshavin beat defenders? Is it with his dazzling footwork or are they simply afraid of his owl-shaped face? grin grin grin

He isn't a work horse? shocked Pray tell us, what is he then? A show pony? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2009
debosky:

You answered your own question - A player who can be bought for £5m in 8 months CANNOT be worth more than £12m right now. tongue

you got it wrong. If he was that good. Then buy him outright.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2009
debosky:

You watch Arshavin week in week out?
Finally someone who watches the Russian league! I've always wanted to know one thing - how does Arshavin beat defenders? Is it with his dazzling footwork or are they simply afraid of his owl-shaped face?
He isn't a work horse? Pray tell us, what is he then? A show pony?
You answered it. yes, a show pony tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2009
Stop dodging and answer the question jo!  tongue

FBS:

you got it wrong. If he was that good. Then buy him outright.

What do you mean by 'buy him outright'?   undecided

Don't tell me that £12m is just for his owl-face?   shocked grin

Or is it just for his left leg?   shocked grin grin

Chei!! Zenit wan play Arsenal wayo!  angry grin

Sell us the WHOLE player or fogerrabourrit! tongue

FBS:

You answered it. yes, a show pony tongue grin

Thanks for the answer mate, but the question about how he beats defenders is still there wink  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by vicade(m): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2009
FBS:

I still maintain that you guys dont need him. How many times have you seen him play? Debo and family, I ask you, how many times have you seen play. He is good no doubt but not the best you can get. Take it or leave it.

If he was that goooddddddddd and you need him that bad, why is Hill-Wood making a take it or leave offer? becos he can buy out his contract?

Need I remind you of some players in europe who recently transfered to bigger clubs and for a large amount. They also had the option to buy out their contracts for lesser amount but clubs still paid big for them. Arsha is good but not that good. Take it or leave.

For the sake of my old love for arsenal, hope he comes good sha but not totally convinced.

I find it suprising that FBS is more knowledgable to know who we need than Arsene Wenger.If Arsene Wenger says we need him, Then we do. Live with that.

And some players are good and become better under the Tutoring of a Great manager . Ronaldo 7,Henry,and even Sagna were not world class in their former clubs.I first heard of vidic when he was playing in the amazing four defence for his country but Today, he is he best centre back in the world

Potential is the most important thing and I believe Arshavin has Potential.It is left to Wenger to make him a HIT in the Premier League.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2009
Manchester City have literally paid the price for their impatience in the transfer market after it emerged that £17m new signing Nigel De Jong had a £2.3m release clause in his contract that would have activated in just four months.

This is what I am talking about - Arsenal WILL NOT be foolish and throw away money like Man City. If Zenit want to keep Arshavin, let them do so, we might re-bid in the summer, but it would definitely be a lower figure.

Why throw away money like City did? No wonder Hamburg were so keep to sell. grin

Nice one Martin! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2009
I'm so sure AW is intently watching the AYC going on in Rwanda looking for the youngest, most skilled player to sweet talk after the competition grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by vicade(m): 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2009
Cristalz:

I'm so sure AW is intently watching the AYC going on in Rwanda looking for the youngest, most skilled player to sweet talk after the competition grin

Those guys are not Wenger's Type. The youngest in the AYC will at least be 25 Years old in reality.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / Manchester United Fan Thread / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 17th February 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.