Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (74947 Views)

Poll: Should Arsene be fired if Arsenal does not win anything this season?

Yes: 37% (56 votes)
No: 53% (79 votes)
Undecided: 9% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 1:26am On Jan 23, 2009
You guys are at it again?! grin cheesy
Anywayz have fun, AW is sleeping easy as well as the Arsenal lads, and Brash is abt to do the same too!
! grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:28am On Jan 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

U are a Arrow, u twit.
Most managers coulda done better means Arsene is mediocre.
How can one be the BEST when most people are better than HIM??
Where is your noesis?

Who said anything about being better   Dude I don't have time to school you tonight.

ALMOST EVERY coach will look back on HIS OWN performance and find things he could've done better - no one is comparing Arsene's performance with others. Capisce?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 1:50am On Jan 23, 2009
debosky:

ALMOST EVERY coach will look back  on HIS OWN  performance and find things he could've done better - no one is comparing Arsene's performance with others. Capisce?

debosky:

Could he have done better? Most managers could've

If this is not [b]comparison [/b]i would EAT ma left arm.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 1:52am On Jan 23, 2009
A manager wins 3 titles in 12 attempts? 1 success in 4 attempts That is a failure!!!!  25% success rate

European titles is 0 title in 12 years that is 0% That is failure anywhere in the world.

These are the trophies that matter not Carling Cup, Emirate or Amsterdam tournaments
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:04am On Jan 23, 2009
That is not a comparison of performance. It is simply making an analogous reference to the ability of each coach to improve on his own individual performance, irrespective of what anyone else has done.

Do I have to split your cranium and stick it in?

Let me break it down further

My statement in essence means - EVERY coach could have done better than they did - it is inevitable since hindsight is 20-20.

In that respect, Wenger is not different from most other coaches, in that he could possibly have done better.

If I said 'Could he have done better, most coaches would've' then I would be implying that other coaches would likely have outperformed AW.

Could means there is always potential for improvement. Geddit?

Like I said to Sharon earlier, by your asinine metric, only Fergie and maybe Mourinho have been successful in the premier league. By your idiotic standards, all of Bayern's coaches are failures in Europe. Hitzfeld had more than 5 seasons didn't he?

A failure is a failure, 23% is as much a failure as 0.

I'm out, reasoning with thick people like you is pointless.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 2:26am On Jan 23, 2009
debosky:

That is not a comparison of performance. It is simply making an analogous reference to the ability of each coach to improve on his own individual performance, irrespective of what anyone else has done.

Are u retarded?? What has this gotta do with u saying most managers could have done better than Arsene??
Don't play with words to twist yourself out of your own mess, boyo!!!
I am not Dyabman. wink

Do I have to split your cranium and stick it in?
Let me break it down further

Don't be silly. There's nuthing to break down here.
U goofed. . . . .admit n letz move on.

My statement in essence means - EVERY coach could have done better than they did - it is inevitable since hindsight is 20-20.
In that respect, Wenger is not different from most other coaches, in that he could possibly have done better.
If I said 'Could he have done better, most coaches would've' then I would be implying that other coaches would likely have outperformed AW.
Could means there is always potential for improvement. Geddit?

Yet anutha heap of applesauce.

U asked if he could have done better and concluded most managers could have under the same set of circumstances.
If that does not make Wenger queer, nothing else would.
Using 600 words when 4 can do is just you trying to wriggle out like a tilapia fish who has bitten a bait.

Like I said to Sharon earlier, by your asinine metric, only Fergie and maybe Mourinho have been successful in the premier league. By your idiotic standards, all of Bayern's coaches are failures in Europe. Hitzfeld had more than 5 seasons didn't he?

Stop being a tosser. . . . . .

In the BIG FOUR, only Ferguson and Mourinho have been successful.
The standard requirement or should i say what the fans of the BIG FOUR Clubs in the Premiership expect is DIFFERENT from what the fans of the other 16 expect from theirs.
By their own standards, most of them have had successful seasons.
Were u dozing when West Brom survived some few seasons ago and the fans encroached the pitch?? Their fans celebrated more than the league winners. That goes to show success is 'relative'.
The managers of em clubs who battled relegation to survive in the PREM were all successful(by their own standards).

A failure is a failure, 23% is as much a failure as 0.
I'm out, reasoning with thick people like you is pointless.

Jesus Wept!!! cry cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 2:34am On Jan 23, 2009
@debosky,

If you are not senseless, you would have noticed that Hitzfeld won 5 league titles in 8 seasons with Bayern. thats 62.5%

If you have coaches like Fergie and Mourinho who have done better, Then 3 titles in 12 years is a monumental failure

Bayern had Hitzfeld who won an European title. So he cant be compared to that monumental failure called Wenger.

Hitzfeld won several important titles. He won CL he won the league several times

Wenger no continental trophy is 24 years of management.!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2009
Arsenal to spread Arshavins fee over 2 years.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1126799/Arshavin-finally-set-Arsenal-Zenit-accept-improved-15m-offer.html
Are you guys so poor?
Where is the $$$ Wenger has been saving
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 8:39pm On Jan 23, 2009
BlueDiva:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1126799/Arshavin-finally-set-Arsenal-Zenit-accept-improved-15m-offer.html
Are you guys so poor?

Shut your gob!
Like other teams dont spread payments!!
Acting like you know about the game, u know notin but spoof!
! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 8:42pm On Jan 23, 2009
BlueDiva:

Are you guys so poor?

Oh ye of runted knowledge.

Silence is foolish when you are wise,and wise when you are foolish. cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 23, 2009
Shut your gob!
Like other teams dont spread payments!!
Acting like you know about the game, u know notin but spoof!!
U're a fool.
U pple have been running ur mouth about how AW is saving money for y'all
Now u can't pay a paltry 15mil, when others are spending hundreds of pounds
By the way, I know more footy than your generation born and unborn
Loser

Oh ye of runted knowledge.

Silence is foolish when you are wise,and wise when you are foolish.

Another loser bites the dust
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2009
Fergie is still paying for Berba, still paying for Hargo, hasn't even paid for Tevez, why shouldn't we spread the payment out?

No reason to jeopardize our cash-flow over one player.

I still wait to see if this deal really comes to fruition. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ugwumba(m): 9:07pm On Jan 23, 2009
geez - can't we disagree without all this 'hatred'. sad sad sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 9:12pm On Jan 23, 2009
BlueDiva:

U're a fool.
Loser

slowpoke others are spending hundreds of pounds? cheesy grin, oh dear!!

Right,check this~pathetic ho-bag, you can get mouthy till thy kingdom come, but knowing footy is not d same as slurping cum and chewing a knob!

How many teams in the world can afford to pay 15mills strat? most teams have installmental arrangement which is not made public always

You know fuc.k all but yet you come onto the thread because you felt the need to take a potshot at AW and Arsenal faithfuls, u dipstick!!

Ask around about me, dis is a dude u dont wanna test trust me

Cluessless swine, get fucking lost, u know notin but a dic.k
! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2009
Mr Crackles,
Funny, u share the same name as my dog

@Ugwumba,
Wise talk, but my dogs namesake started the insult.

@Debo,
U guys haven't bought in ages, so why can't he break the bank for such a talent. I'm no gaynner, but i have a soft spot for y'all.
As per fellow Londoner
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ugwumba(m): 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2009
MrCrackles:

Ask around about me, dis is a dude u dont wanna test trust me

Cluessless swine, get fucking lost, u know notin but a dic.k
! grin

'the anonymity of the web'.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2009
debosky:

Fergie is still paying for Berba, still paying for Hargo, hasn't even paid for Tevez, why shouldn't we spread the payment out?

No reason to jeopardize our cash-flow over one player.

I still wait to see if this deal really comes to fruition.  tongue

Dont mind idiots dat dont know nothing

I have friends who got bought for a couple of thousand pounds in the BlueSquare league and Leagues 1&2,

Thier clubs didnt pay strat for them, and we hear daily news of big clubs fighting each other over non-payment of installments

So when a clueless dimwit like dat swine above come around and poke fun at Arsenal's payment arrangement, then she deserves the flak
!! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 9:16pm On Jan 23, 2009
BlueDiva:

U're a fool.
Loser

Another loser bites the dust

If u r indeed a soccer afficionado,then your initial post wouldnt have been muttered.
Paltry 15 mil indeed on a 28 year old player that we can pay far lesser for in months' time?
Maybe the Citeh-Jong's saga needed to be rammed through you to understand the situation better.
Lemme guess the club you support,of course it has to be our "wasteful" neighbour whose profligacy
knows no bound they have to purchase sheva for a ludicrous sum.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4Play(m): 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2009
Chai, see what 5th place is doing to Gayners' mental health.  grin

Mr Crackles is cracking up big time, Debosky has always has always been barmy.Consequences of following a club with no prospects.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 9:20pm On Jan 23, 2009
4 Play:

Chai, see what 5th place is doing to Gayners' mental health.  grin

Mr Crackles is cracking up big time, Debosky has always has always been barmy.Consequences of following a club with no prospects.  grin

U don come again?! cheesy

Comot now, before i lob a big fat stone at you!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2009
5th place indeed. Guess the fear of not qualifying for CL is cracking them up.

If u r indeed a soccer afficionado,then your initial post wouldnt have been muttered.
Paltry 15 mil indeed on a 28 year old player that we can pay far lesser for in months' time?
Maybe the Citeh-Jong's saga needed to be rammed through you to understand the situation better.
Lemme guess the club you support,of course it has to be our "wasteful" neighbour whose profligacy
knows no bound they have to purchase sheva for a ludicrous sum.

I hope y'all ain't nitwits?
Where the money una dey save since? Maybe pidgin will be clearer
U've been negotiating the poor boys fees forever, a paltry 15mil and in two installments?
I thought u made loads of profit last year.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2009
Bluediva

I see your still chatting fluffy roll out here?

Still drawing senselessness with vigour?

When the mouth chats so much shit after eating so much dic.k, it needs to be stitched with barbed wire!

Anytime you naysay about the GUNNERS around here, i'd come at you and murk u real silly,honestly!!
undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 9:42pm On Jan 23, 2009
BlueDiva:

5th place indeed. Guess the fear of not qualifying for CL is cracking them up.

I hope y'all ain't nitwits?
Where the money una dey save since? Maybe pidgin will be clearer
U've been negotiating the poor boys fees forever, a paltry 15mil and in two installments?
I thought u made loads of profit last year.

I give up!It's either you are been paid to display this kinda untainted and unbridled buffonery or you are just a wimp!.

Try not to pass this to the next generation please.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 23, 2009
MrCrackles:

Bluediva

I see your still chatting fluffy roll out here?

Still drawing senselessness with vigour?

When the mouth chats so much shit after eating so much dic.k, it needs to be stitched with barbed wire!

Anytime you naysay about the GUNNERS around here, i'd come at you and murk u real silly,honestly!!
undecided
I'm sure this is the only place you are allowed to use the word diick or do you have 'penis envy'?
You're beginning to sound like a broken record!!!
U're a kid when it comes to being nasty. I'm the nastiest chic on this forum or maybe 'cos i changed username?
Don't Fu-ck with me kiddo!

@Kay
U're a scum
Why do you wanna throw stones? can you do the work?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 9:51pm On Jan 23, 2009
BlueDiva:

I'm sure this is the only place you are allowed to use the word diick or do you have 'penis envy'?
You're beginning to sound like a broken record!!!
U're a kid when it comes to being nasty. I'm the nastiest chic on this forum or maybe 'cos i changed username?
Don't Fu-ck with me kiddo!

I certainly wont be fucking with your wide mouf and you know what, i dont give a rocks if you substituted your username!

Seriously dont let me blitz u in deadly swathes like i did Ricky

Too busy listening to Nas and watching Dennis Bergkamp's all time career goals, a true GUNNER legend

Dont come around here and slay Arsenal again or else, i will have u hung, drawn and quartered
!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2009
@ Crackie
I'd like you to meet my dog, sure u'd look like him too.
Oh, and he likes jumping up and down while i'm jamming Nas' Hero
Beware kiddo, i'm way above u're league. . . footy and otherwise
I think i'd let u be now, as i wan go watch Chelsea's greatest goals grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 10:20pm On Jan 23, 2009
Nowadays everyone has turned into an Arsenal analyst undecided grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 10:28pm On Jan 23, 2009
mukina2:

Nowadays everyone has turned into an Arsenal analyst undecided grin

The annoying thing is the backward-intelligence some of these arm-chair critics display.It's baffling!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:34pm On Jan 23, 2009
mukina2:

Nowadays everyone has turned into an Arsenal analyst  undecided grin

It is an obsession-cum-madness!

The ones that have a fucking clue are fine, but the others dat dont have a flying fucking clue, just rile me!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 23, 2009
The annoying thing is the backward-intelligence some of these arm-chair critics display.It's baffling!

Enlighten us, oh wise one
Have been a critic your loser club since the early days of Adams, Parlour, Seaman et al

Nor be today
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2009
It is an obsession-cum-madness!

The ones that have a fucking clue are fine, but the others dat dont have a flying fucking clue, just rile me!

Laughable.
Most of y'all joined Gunners during the 49 unbeaten run. New entrants.
90% of u dont know rats ass 'bout the club u're claiming.
99% are unregistered members and have'nt spent a dime buying club merchandise.
What makes u fans? Is it the ability to yell 'Up Gunners'?
Crap! U're better of supporting Eyinba and Kano Pillars
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 11:13pm On Jan 23, 2009
BlueDiva:

Enlighten us, oh wise one
Have been a critic your loser club since the early days of Adams, Parlour, Seaman et al

Nor be today

I laugh in twi! ;DSo what will intimating you i have been an unfliching supporter since 1915(no apologies to debo) justify?
Club mementoes?The amount i possess will drown the titanic tongue.U happy now?
Mon chere,come off it already,or you keep wallowing in your silliness,the choice is yours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99)

Manchester United Fan Thread / FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 17th February 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.